Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 975009 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18150 on: April 14, 2021, 12:34:27 PM »

Or - I will add - has the press horribly devalued Randle, never ever figuring he could be here for the long haul? 

Julius true shooting percentage fell to .538 a year ago but was ,600+ the 2 years prior.

None of what we see now is surprising to me.  He is a good SHOOTER so getting better at 3 point range as he ages is almost expected.  And the assists?  A player that has always had excellent court vision (6 triple doubles entering this year, a 10+ assist game every year except his first with NY)

Another oldie but goodie, next to a post from Bo saying we should let Randle up his value then deal him
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: April 14, 2021, 12:40:05 PM »

You think the Celts might want to reconsider that Hayward to IND for Myles Turner and McDoug trade?

It is believed that ... a sign-and-trade with Indiana was on the table before Hayward ultimately signed with the Hornets for $120 million over four years. Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe reported that Hayward was hellbent on returning home to Indiana to play for the Pacers, who offered Turner and Doug McDermott to the Celtics, who would then sign-and-trade Hayward back to Indiana.

Boston, again according to Washburn, countered by asking for either Victor Oladipo or T.J. Warren to pair with Turner instead of McDermott, which is classic Ainge greed. Oladipo might have low trade value right now, but Ainge was basically trying to get a guy who was, not that long ago, an All-NBA player, along with a very good big man in Turner, for a player in Hayward that he had already decided to divorce.

From the sounds of it, Ainge wanted the second player in the deal to be someone he deemed more valuable than McDermott because the first player in the deal, Turner, was not a player, or contract, that interested him.

I didn't get why Ainge didn't want Turner.  Terrific backline defender, low volume offender, can stretch the floor some.  And McD is a lights out shooter.  I was surprised they could get that much for a sign-n-trade Hayward.   Then Ainge said no thanks.

Instead BOS ends up with a mucky year.  The Foul Lord Robert Williams at C, and paying Tristan 2/$19M.   Instead of MyTurn turning back rim drives.  Somewhere between weird and inexplicable.

I've long respected Ainge's wheeler dealer chops and draft savvy [although picking Tatum over Fultz sure blew up in his face, huh, speaking of going back and proving how YOU were right and the rest of us were wrong], but sometimes his eyes are bigger than his stomach. 

The Irving Trade kind of blew up in his face...Crowder and Olenyk and Bradley were key contributors [so was IT].  Rozier has gone on to be quite solid for Charlotte who are presently a game above .500 after years of frustration, and while I love Kemba, I dare say Ainge was shopping him at the trade deadline, but with his balky knees and big contract, no takers.

As for Turner, i recally can't fathom why Indy soured on him, save the idea he and Sabonis were not on idel match, mirroring the Knicks trading Bellamy to move Reed to center. 

Even more baffled as to why Ainge, faced with the certainly of Hayward's departure, felt like Turner and McDermott wasn't generous enough.  McDermott would actually ahve been a reasonable stand in for Hayward, and Hayward is a good secondary offensive option, while Turner is a good defender who makes 3/4 of his FTs, hits a third of his threes, and is an excellent shot blocker, all of which would've stood him well for the Celtics.  And at 6'11" 250. he's only 25. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:43:22 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: April 14, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »

Begley on Yahoo sports:
One element to Randle’s game this season that’s stood out, to me, is how he’s found shooters on the perimeter. Per NBA.com, Reggie Bullock is shooting 41 percent from beyond the arc when receiving a pass from Randle (2.8 attempts per game); Barrett is hitting 44 percent of the threes he attempts off of a Randle pass (1.7 per game); Immanuel Quickley is knocking down 44 percent of his three-point attempts that result from a pass from Randle (1.0 per game).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: April 14, 2021, 02:01:56 PM »

I didn't get why Ainge didn't want Turner.  Terrific backline defender, low volume offender, can stretch the floor some.  And McD is a lights out shooter. I was surprised they could get that much for a sign-n-trade Hayward.   Then Ainge said no thanks.

That is because you at the time - and as you continue to do now - undervalued the Butler Baller.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: April 14, 2021, 02:16:52 PM »

I've long respected Ainge's wheeler dealer chops and draft savvy [although picking Tatum over Fultz sure blew up in his face, huh, speaking of going back and proving how YOU were right and the rest of us were wrong], but sometimes his eyes are bigger than his stomach.

Slight correction -

Ainge didnt actually select Tatum over Fultz and Ball.  He took the DEAL (where he would get Fultz, Tatum or Ball, guaranteed) over a choice between Fultz and Ball.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: April 14, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »

As for Turner, i recally can't fathom why Indy soured on him, save the idea he and Sabonis were not on idel match, mirroring the Knicks trading Bellamy to move Reed to center.

Indy hasn't soured on Myles Turner - they simply preferred Hayward.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: April 14, 2021, 05:29:14 PM »

Just noticing the 6 three pointers dropped by FLYNN yesterday

Thanks for keeping us updated, Bo

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: April 14, 2021, 10:19:10 PM »

Happy with the win. But I want Burks and Barrett (along with Randle of course) in there at the end of the game.

Tonight Barrett wasn't in there; the other night Burks. We won them both.

Don't care. Burks our most clutch shooter, and Barrett is getting there. Just commit to the end game squad.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: April 14, 2021, 10:24:49 PM »

shhh.......

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: April 14, 2021, 10:25:31 PM »

How many minutes for Julius?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: April 14, 2021, 11:05:03 PM »

Enough for him to light up his former team and almost break a sweat.

Burks was on it tonight.

Good work by Payton, Reg, and Taj, and RJ though he missed some I’d have like to see him hit.

I’m very comfortable seeing Pelle out there though I hope Noel is back soon.

Dallas and then once again these Pels coming up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: April 14, 2021, 11:44:10 PM »

kiid in idiot trolling mode.  I can imagine what his postings are like in the politics forum.  Probably some great insights into the Chauvin trial ...

Reg Bull after a slow shooting start the first 5 games in Dec has been a model of consistency shooting 3's at a rate of 40% Jan, 40% Feb, 40.5% Mar, 41.4% Apr
But his 3Pt volume has risen steadily: 3.6 / 4.6 / 6.7 / 8.3 FGA's respectively.
So his scoring average has gone up: 7.8 /  8.9 / 10.6 / 13.1 correspondingly.

16 games post-AS game: 45.5 FG%; 42.1% on 3's
Bullox has been hot.  And our best non-C defender all season.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco the troll
« Reply #18162 on: April 15, 2021, 12:50:50 AM »

Chamaco in idiot trolling mode.  I can imagine what his postings are like in the politics forum.  Probably some great insights into the Chauvin trial ...

He ain’t got no other mode 👹
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Guess what?
« Reply #18163 on: April 15, 2021, 01:49:40 AM »

First four game win streak under Thibs.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Guess what?
« Reply #18164 on: April 15, 2021, 02:09:05 AM »

First four game win streak under Thibs.

Toronto
Memphis
LA
New Orleans

The game against the Lakers, and the manner in which we in the fourth marks a new plateau for our defense.

Against the Lakers, our threes weren't falling, but the defense saw us through.

Tonight, the Pelicans were tough, and wouldn't go away [Zion and Ingram are offensive juggernauts], but our defense kept them at bay until we could finish them off offensively down the stretch, Burks and Randle leading the way. 

Dallas on Friday? 

Let's see what adjustments Thibs has made.  The Mavs are going to be out for blood after a dramatic Doncic game winner tonight. 

Big game for us to put it mildly. 

We moved up to the 6 spot, which is where we would like to be, to avoid the bottom feeders' scrum. 

A half game ahead of Miami, and a whole game ahead of the Hornets, who both lost tonight, and a half game behind the Celtics and one game behind the Hawks. 

A-FUCKING-Mazing. 

Go Knicks. 
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1851