Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909446 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18690 on: May 07, 2021, 11:23:03 PM »

Big 3!

Julius, RJ, Derrick
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: May 07, 2021, 11:25:30 PM »

MSg feed online:
http://www.usagoals.video/c/basketball/nba/07-05-2021/phoenix-suns-vs-new-york-knicks/8/

Ann Meyers calling the game on the PHX local feed.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:27:35 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: May 07, 2021, 11:30:54 PM »

It's seemed RJB's hasn't been D-ing up well last 4 /5 games.
Some of it might be having to guard bigger players, Markk and Gordon.
But also, might be a little tired, worn down and it's a road trip and he's played many minute s(3rd in the League last i looked).

Cam Payne has been playing well last 10 games.

RJB with a concentration lapse to end the 3Q...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:54:34 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: May 07, 2021, 11:59:36 PM »

2nd half not going well ...

Ayton & Bridges really good 3Q.

72-42 2nd half with a little over 2 mins left ...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:24:34 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: May 08, 2021, 12:35:54 AM »

We massively let go of the rope. It would be nice to get at least a split in LA. Fortunately Boston dropped one tonight as well. The margin is shrinking as is the number of games left to play.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: May 08, 2021, 01:05:01 AM »

Yeah, BOS got killed.  Outscored every Q. 
Tatum just 3-15 FG.  Kemba 33 which has to be encouraging.  Jaylen out.

MIA won.
Hero & Dragic combined 20-32 FG off the bench for 50 Points. (9-14 on 3's).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:03:58 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: May 08, 2021, 10:35:07 AM »

Halftime leads are nice but are Knicks shooting their loads in road games rather than have plenty in the tank last 6-8 minutes of the contest?

Sprinkle in more bench minutes early, maybe?

I know some of you mentioned this before
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: May 08, 2021, 11:18:22 AM »

Bench kinda thin with Mitch, IQ, Burks out.

I didn't like Taj cheap-shotting CP3, and then Randle running over Crowder late.
We saw Memf go out as poor losers.  Rather unappealing.
Knix shouldn't go in for that.
It was CP3's 36 birthday too ...

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: May 08, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »

Halftime leads are nice but are Knicks shooting their loads in road games rather than have plenty in the tank last 6-8 minutes of the contest?

Got to put the Elf on the shelf, at least to start the second half. He can provide a nice spark when he hits his groove, but while we can overcome the routine slow starts, the way we come out of the gate at halftime gives our opponents great confidence which is an especially big problem when the opponent is good.

Rose is clearly more skilled at getting this team to click as its point guard. Thibs is either saving this for post season or taking a really modern and enlightened approach to preserving player health with an eye toward career longevity.

That’s not the whole problem, just an especially glaring aspect worth pointing out.

+17

Despite that I expect him to start the rest of the regular season but I really doubt he’s back next year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 05:54:02 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: May 08, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »

Got to put the Elf on the shelf, at least to start the second half. He can provide a nice spark when he hits his groove, but while we can overcome the routine slow starts, the way we come out of the gate at halftime gives our opponents great confidence which is an especially big problem when the opponent is good.

Rose is clearly more skilled at getting this team to click as its point guard. Thibs is either saving this for post season or taking a really modern and enlightened approach to preserving player health with an eye toward career longevity.

That’s not the whole problem, just an especially glaring aspect worth pointing out.

+17

Despite that I expect him to start the rest of the regular season but I really doubt he’s back next year.

At this point, I feel like that move is disruptive.

Moreover Payton's play in the 2nd half was not a great issue. Bo's comment regarding Barrett's fatigue was more telling and there's no question he played poorly in stretches. His turnover at the end of the 3rd quarter was the beginning of the end.

Right now, the Knicks have two stars — not three — and their last names begin with an "R."

Maybe that will change in the next month. We'll see. Meanwhile, having IQ and Burks out at the same time absolutely dampens our firepower.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18700 on: May 08, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »

I’m all for giving him the rest of the regular season and probably the first stretch of the first playoff game, but unless he has some kind of epiphany along the way I don’t know how much I want to see him after that.

He’s gotten worse as the pressure has gone up. Maybe signing Lil Luca has gotten in his head.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: May 08, 2021, 07:06:56 PM »

If we’re gonna lose Frank which is looking more and more likely, I hope we draft Chris Duarte out of Oregon. He’s old at 24 but he’s ready and he has quite a bag. We’ll have two picks toward the back of the first round right now so one could be a kid to develop while the other is a plug and play adult.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: May 08, 2021, 08:09:37 PM »

Justice Winslow joins CAA.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Future Projections
« Reply #18703 on: May 08, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »

If we’re gonna lose Frank which is looking more and more likely, I hope we draft Chris Duarte out of Oregon. He’s old at 24 but he’s ready and he has quite a bag. We’ll have two picks toward the back of the first round right now so one could be a kid to develop while the other is a plug and play adult.

I suspect the best available 3/4 & D is going to factor in. 

We are [well, I've been] pencilling in Reggie Bullock to come back, and Burks and Noel as well. 

Hardly a given. 

Or Rose for that matter, though and Thibs seemed joined at the hip, and their mutual revival has been inspiring.  Hard to imagine Rose wanting to NOT PLAY at a fill Garden. 

Derrick-Immanuel-Luca

Immanuel and Luca are combo guards, so we get scoring coverage at the 2 spot as well. 

Frank and Elfrid would appear to be goners. 

Knicks invested time and money in Jared Harper, but reading the writing in Thibs entrails, not sure he factors at all into our future plans. 

Anyway, we really need to get up off the canvas for the Clippers.  I know we are a second tier team, but we cannot come out of this road trip without bopping one of the top tier teams. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: May 09, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »

Too bad for Frank and Kevin but I think Obi and obviously RJ will be re-signed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1847