Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912923 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18750 on: May 12, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »

BTW, I think we're a much better team than the Lebron-less Lakers. That's what made the loss particularly tough.

hmmmm

That's some praise there

note:  no Schroder as well

Was not a backhanded compliment.

Note the word "much."

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18751 on: May 12, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »

I think the Knicks have shown they can compete with ANY team in the league.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Damn
« Reply #18752 on: May 12, 2021, 04:41:54 PM »

Lakers D on the Knicks final possesion was epic. 

More like poor O execution.
Nice breakdown of the breakdown
https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/1392349962785153028

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
NEXT...
« Reply #18753 on: May 12, 2021, 05:23:58 PM »

** If there's blame — and really no need for any — it's on Thibs for not finding a wee bench break for Rose at the beginning of the fourth when he was clearly gassed and made about four terrible plays in a row. Either shifting Frank over for a few minutes, or, lol, even putting Elf back in for a few (as few as necessary!). But Thibs is a man too, surely knows that, and will adjust as necessary, and of course the return of Burks/Quick helps tremendously.

Thibs and his Capos seem to have concluded that Frank is a stronger more effective presence off the ball.  Seeing him as a 2-guard next to Rose was very interesting. 

Clearly, Rose's oxygen break would've been served by minutes from IQ or Burks or Vildoza were they available. 

They all attract attention on the perimeter, which opens up space for Julius and RJ to operate perimeter or open up driving/dishing lanes. 

Not exactly an insight to note that Elfrid's strengths in Thibs' scheme are mainly on the defensive side of the ball.  He did have a nice drive and finish early on before Rose made his first appearance. 

PS: Spurs were 17-29 from TREY against the Bucks the other night.  We'd better be Ready for Freddie. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Damn!!! (4)
« Reply #18755 on: May 12, 2021, 09:56:19 PM »

Washington lost to Atlanta, and now they have half a game on us. DAMN!!!

Washington was ahead most of the game. Superman Westbrook played like a real Superman for 40 minutes, just couldn't do it alone.

DAMN!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18756 on: May 12, 2021, 11:36:12 PM »

So congrats to our boys.

I believe Knicks still have home court advantage if.....

[1] Knicks win the last three
[2] Heat loses at least one game in the last three (and they do play Philly and the Bucks)
[3] Doesn't matter what the Hawks do

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18757 on: May 12, 2021, 11:38:46 PM »

If we don't get home-field advantage, we'll play one of the following four teams:

Hawks
Heat
Bucks
Nets

Who do you prefer we meet?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Who do you prefer?
« Reply #18758 on: May 12, 2021, 11:44:06 PM »

If we don't get home-field advantage, we'll play one of the following four teams:

Hawks
Heat
Bucks
Nets

Who do you prefer we meet?

Hawks!!!

Me and everybody else... ok, maybe Chamaco has a different preference 🤡
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18759 on: May 13, 2021, 02:28:25 AM »

Thank you Cavs. We’re somewhere 4-6. Winning out seems like the right thing to do in this instance, though we’ll be very short handed in the backcourt. Might see real run for Harper in the home stretch.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18760 on: May 13, 2021, 10:17:07 AM »

Its all gravy this season. No complaint at all about TT he obviously is mainly concerned about defensive intensity. Coach of the year?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18761 on: May 13, 2021, 11:16:29 AM »

Monty.

chipstern

• View Profile
JUSTIN TIME? Tantalizing Conjecture Of The Week
« Reply #18762 on: May 13, 2021, 12:10:18 PM »

OKay....WARNING: It's MARC BERMAN, so consdier the source and draw your own conclusions, but I had heard last year that the Grizz were not sold on Jaren Jackson Jr. and that there was Knicks interest. 

How this would effect our relationships with Mitchell and Nerlens, Taj and Obi going forward? 

What did Thibs say about having a predilection for talented players? 

Anyway, I apologize for projecting forward to the the draft and free agency and trade notions, but I've a soft spot for this young man going back to the draft, and while we are waiting on the worrisome Spurs and our final three games of the regular season--AND THE QUEST FOR THE FOURTH SEED--this was something I thought would be of interest to the TRADER VICS amongst us. 

Whispers in Memphis are the Grizzlies aren’t yet sold on their 2018 lottery pick, 6-foot-11 power forward/center Jaren Jackson Jr.

They’re concerned about his durability. In late April, Jackson, 21, made his return from an extended absence after he tore the meniscus in his left knee last August while playing in the NBA bubble. Jackson has started just two of the nine games he has played this season and he has taken periodic games off for “injury management.’’ Jackson is averaging 14.6 points in 23 minutes per game.

The Knicks recently hired Jackson’s father, Jaren Sr., to be an assistant coach with the G-League Westchester Knicks. Jackson Jr. is also a former Creative Artists Agency client of current Knicks president Leon Rose and is now with CAA’s Austin Brown.

Sources also said Knicks general manager Scott Perry loved Jackson’s athleticism coming out of Michigan State as the draft’s youngest player when Memphis selected him fourth overall.

Jackson, who threw down a vicious dunk and made two 3-pointers in front of Knicks senior vice president William Wesley during the Knicks’ 118-104 win in Memphis on May 3, will enter the final $9.1 million year of his four-year contract next season. If he doesn’t sign an extension this fall, his future bears watching. Could Jackson play a small-ball 5 role with Julius Randle?

chipstern

• View Profile
Jakob Poeltl [Bad Trades Revisited]
« Reply #18763 on: May 13, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »

Tom Orsborn: Pop on Poeltl: “What’s most amazing about him is his consistency. He’s a real pro. He comes every night and gives what he should give, what he can give, and it’s consistent. That’s the best part of him.”

Tom Orsborn: Pop on Jakob’s near triple-double against the Bucks: “He’s still angry at me for taking him out of the game before he got that. I got to live with it.”

Remember Glen Grunwald?  Acolyte of Donnie "I Dreamed I Drafted Jordan Hill Last Night" Walsh?  He gave away YET ANOTHER #1 pick to the Raptors in the BARGNAINI Heist. 

And who who did THAT turn in to? 

Jakob Poeltl

Came over to the Spurs with DeRozan in the Kawhi deal. 

And slowly, imperceptibly has been evolving into a solid NBA role player in the Spurs mold under Coach Pops. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:22:09 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18764 on: May 13, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »

ARGO fuck yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 1848