Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1074929 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18780 on: May 14, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »

Happy 21st Birthday (tomorrow), Cole Anthony

Has had a pretty good rookie season

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoco01.html
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18781 on: May 14, 2021, 10:30:27 AM »

BILAS (lots of stuff here)

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2020/11/transcript-2020-nba-draft-preview-with-college-basketball-analyst-jay-bilas/

Q: One of those guys that might be down the list, we’ve talked about him before, Cole Anthony. It’s funny, he came back a lot of guys would have done that, he obviously didn’t have a great year, but are you surprised when you see these mocks that have him going in the early twenties, late teens? What do you make of that?

Jay Bilas: Yes. I make of it that in today’s world it’s a right now thing. You know, Cole was a top five talent coming into last year. I didn’t know anybody that didn’t have him in the top five among prospects for this year’s draft. He got injured and then he played on a team that didn’t perform at a high level. So it was a losing North Carolina team that every time you turned around, they’re losing one point games. It’s just a miserable year from a win loss standpoint. But I give them a tremendous amount of credit, like he never shut it down and he kept coming back and playing his tail off like he never gets tired and you know now can we quibble about Okay could you make some better decisions here like You know, it would have been better if he passed it here or, you know, you take some challenge shots. Yeah, but he’s going to get a lot better there. And those are those you know those issues are at the forefront for Anthony Edwards, too. So I’m a believer in Cole, Anthony. I think he’s going to do very well as a pro. And if somebody grabs him at 12 or 10 or whatever, they’re getting the top five talent at that level.

yep

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: YES!!!
« Reply #18782 on: May 14, 2021, 11:46:14 AM »

39-31.

Tough gritty win. We have a playoff big 4 in Randle, RJ, Burks, and Rose with strong complimentary pieces.

YES INDEED!!!

Now we really need to win the last two games, and hope that either Atlanta or Miami lose one, hopefully that both lose, as we are now 6th.

Atlanta unlikely to lose. But Miami does have the 76ers in front of them. We have the tiebreaker with the Hawks, so if the Heat can lose a game and we win the last two, it doesn't matter what Atlanta does, we'll have 4th place and home court.

Whoops....I meant that the Heat plays the Bucks. They just knocked off the 76ers.

HEAT have their shit together.

The 4 slot would be nice for NY, sure.  Just hope we do our part - win out.  Keep the current vibe.

At issue - REST vs the 2 wins.  But most of us have been saying Randle and Barrett can handle these long minutes, without long term effect.  I will stay with that.

chipstern

• View Profile
Send Out A Search Party For BoD
« Reply #18783 on: May 14, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »

Bo, you okay?

Couldn't imagine you wouldn't be up on line to celebrate our playoff berth and sing the praises of Alec Burks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWffko5T_xo

"It's BURKE'S LAW." 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibs & Elfrid
« Reply #18785 on: May 14, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2021/5/14/22433296/why-have-the-knicks-been-getting-off-to-slow-starts-lately

Ball don’t lie.

Thiboudeau HAS adjusted, with Rose, Quickley, Burks and even Ntilikina.  Hey, when Quickley was clearly rusty and ineffective, he came right out and in came Burks. 

No one, save for perhaps Man Coulter, is suggesting we ignore the evidence of a clear and progressive fall off by Elfrid, but my reading of Thibs is that entering the playoffs we are in an all hands on deck mode, meaning we need everyone to see some daylight in the event they are the next man up. 

And on a more human level, even with the signing of Luca Vildozic signalling as clear as a bell that in moving forward, Elfrid Payton is a placeholder, Thibs has rewarded Payton's loyalty and work ethic and team spirit and solid first half (have we heard peep one from Elfrid about his minutes or the enmity of Knicks "fans") with RESPECT. 

I mean, at the risk of repeating myself, THIBS IS NOT GOING TO TOSS ELFRID UNDER THE BUS. 

Elfrid Payton IS A New York KNICKERBOCKER. 

Get over it motherfuckers.  THIBS HAS. 

chipstern

• View Profile
I Get...I GET IT
« Reply #18786 on: May 14, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »

Okay, one can contest my defense and Thibs' reasoning without breaking a sweat. 

Thibs had no problem retaining loyalty to Elfrid, yet bailed on Austin Rivers. 

The exception which proves the rule. 

And in going back through Knicks history, Pat Riley sticking stubbornly with John Starks in Game 7, when he couldn't find his ass with both hands in a rain storm--and Ronaldo Balkman on the bench, ready willing and able--is a classic example of misplaced loyalty. 

The difference. 

Those Knicks were a championship team on the cusp of winning it all. 

THESE KNICKS are a Cinderella Team, the mid-process of a complete and utter culture change on a magic carpet ride, playing as much for the next decade as for the 2021 playoffs. 

Could we get to the second round of the playoffs? 

That would be something, wouldn't it? 

Beyond that lies 1969 Mets Country.  Don't think we have it in us, but hey, believe THIS New York. 

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE KNICKS. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18787 on: May 14, 2021, 03:07:19 PM »

Yeah, I think we're getting to that second round.

I've agreed with your argument to keep Payton in there. Thought the alternative would be disruptive.

But you're not getting into the 2nd round if you spot a (sometimes significant) lead every first quarter. Gotta fix that shit.  If it's changing a player, that would be the point guard, no?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #18788 on: May 14, 2021, 05:02:47 PM »

I've agreed with your argument to keep Payton in there. Thought the alternative would be disruptive.

But you're not getting into the 2nd round if you spot a (sometimes significant) lead every first quarter. Gotta fix that shit.  If it's changing a player, that would be the point guard, no?

True

Thibs is still finessing that, in his mind's eye.

chipstern

• View Profile
The Defense Rests
« Reply #18789 on: May 14, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »

True

Thibs is still finessing that, in his mind's eye.

He's generally been giving Elfrid like 6-7-8 minutes to start each half. 

Be interesting to see if he has a quicker hook over the final two games, against teams that are tough matchups for us, even as they are missing key players. 

Notice last night when he brought in IQ, and he was rusty as a shooter, finisher, facilitator, defender--ALL THE MAJOR FOOD GROUP--and as much as Thibs loves Quickley, he got a quick hook. 

Notice how against the Lakers, there were points, and neither IQ nor Burks were available, where he overlooked Elfrid and went with Frank instead, who made some significant contributions to that game defensively and hitting a couple of threes. 

DEFENSE is clearly a deciding factor for Thibs. 

And why Elfrid lingers in the rotation. 

Look at Bullock. 

He has been inconsistent offensively all year long.  When he is on, he is a deadly sniper, but when he is off. MEH.  He and Julius have a lovely rapport, where Randle often finds him open off of double teams. 

But Bullock is not particularly adept at creating his own shot. 

But what has kept Bullock in the rotation and in Thibs' heart against a backdrop of sometimes desultory offensive performances, is HIS DEFENSIVE TENACITY.  The nature of his game is such that Brazdeikis was shipped out, and Kevin Knox is buried on the pine, and presumably both Burks and RJ can be counted upon as SFs if Rose and Quick are in the back court. 

It's not as if Thibs and Johnnie Bryant and Kenny Payne are not about player development--Mitchell, RJ, IQ, Obi have all made strides though Mitchell derailed by injuries while Obi and IQ on a short leash. 

But it is the vestigial remains of Elfrid's defensive game that keep him in the rotation, and frankly, Rose coming in with/against second units, allows him to get a head of steam up, which serves him well at game's end, where, when not gassed, he has been a superb closer. 

Anyway, kind of hard to second guess Thibs on much.

I mean we were 21-45 in 2019-2020. 

If [IF], God FORBID, we close out 2020-2021 with two more wins? 

41-31

The defense rests your honor. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:07:23 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Send Out A Search Party For BoZ
« Reply #18790 on: May 14, 2021, 09:20:57 PM »

BoZ, you okay?

I think he's afraid of Les.

Someone needs to tell him that my doggie barks but never bites.

Such a sweet doggie! 🐶 🐩
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:26:51 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18791 on: May 15, 2021, 02:38:14 PM »

C'mon, man - stoppppp....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18792 on: May 15, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »

BURKS!!!!

Rose and Quickley had made a mess of it....

chipstern

• View Profile
40-31
« Reply #18793 on: May 15, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »

Really applied the screws to a scrappy Hornets team in overtime.

JR with 33-10-12.

So proud of our Knicks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 1852