Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912513 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19005 on: May 28, 2021, 09:48:43 PM »

Real shame to be wasting DROSE at this level.

If Randle was closer to his game this season we'd be a legit force that we were at the end of the season.

So disappointing to watch, but we have to face reality that it was may have been an aberhation.

Linsanity (Randle's COVID Extended Remix)

Aberration? No, no. Fuck that. I've seen almost every Knicks game this year. I know what he can do.

This is why Randall in particular, and the Knicks, in general has proven such a dramatic team. They've continually overcome the odds and find the best level of themselves.

It's not surprising that they're struggling. But you really think the Hawks are their Waterloo? To be continued on Sunday.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: May 28, 2021, 10:04:53 PM »

Well ..ONE team came to play.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
KING JULIUS IS BACK!!!
« Reply #19007 on: May 28, 2021, 10:10:16 PM »

THAT'S MY PREDIDICTION FOR SUNDAY

So there!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Jack Straw

• View Profile
Re:is it a trick or an illusion?
« Reply #19008 on: May 28, 2021, 10:24:48 PM »

is the stage too big? form me that's really the only Q...
and right now it seems the answer is yes...

everyone expected a 6 or 7 game series, so the Knicks would have to have lost a few...so there is that...

how deep can they dig - we'll find out...

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: May 28, 2021, 10:32:44 PM »

Sure would be nice to see Ntilikina get a few minutes to stop the bleeding.

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: May 28, 2021, 11:07:49 PM »

why not Lavor Postell?  The problems are beyond 10 good minutes of French Frank, if Julius and RJ are not hitting, and Bullock and Burks are also not hitting, then French Frank is not  a difference maker...

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: May 28, 2021, 11:29:20 PM »

it really is hard to overstate the magnitude of the disaster so far

it is a disaster

Julius Randle is 13-54 FG in this series (24.1%).

It’s the worst FG pct by any player in the first 3 games of a postseason in the shot-clock era (min. 50 FGA).

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1398458531548913675

on the positive side, a 2-1 deficit isn't anything catastrophic, should he wake up and show that the regular season was not an aberration

*** OT: a little Frank would be a good idea
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: The Forum Ass Clown Lets Loose Another Anal Emission From the Mouth
« Reply #19012 on: May 28, 2021, 11:58:43 PM »

Only two people in the world want to see Elf continue to start, the forum Ass-Clown and Elf's Mom, and by now, even Elf's Mom would probably like to end the suffering and appreciate a mercy-benching.

Apparently, I was completely wrong with that last assertion. Elfrid's mom out there causing a 'lil twitter-storm :)

DannieP @DannieP19 : How that worked out for you! #ProudMama

https://twitter.com/DannieP19/status/1398434792501354498

***lol, the replies are hilarious....Mama Payton shows way more fight than her son usually does:

paul @Yush57085906
We don’t want your son on our team

DannieP @DannieP19
It’s not your team, it’s Dolan Team, your just a fan with no say!!!

steve bohen @stevebohen
Lmfaoooo she is salty as fuk

Ken @NYKen51
This is a trap. Will not engage. Lol. Next thing you know ESPN will run a segment about how Knick fans are mean to mothers

Go Mama Payton Go!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 12:39:04 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: May 29, 2021, 07:20:09 AM »

why not Lavor Postell?  The problems are beyond 10 good minutes of French Frank, if Julius and RJ are not hitting, and Bullock and Burks are also not hitting, then French Frank is not  a difference maker...

Frank would have to be a STATEMENT defensive guy - a true stopper like a Thybulle.

He isnt that.  But fuck it - try.

Stay with this coach/management team, no matter the outcome.  Isnt always right there in black and white - what to do.  Chemistry/culture are key.

And with this - you also need production, yes.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: May 29, 2021, 07:34:19 AM »

Damn, I miss the MSG stream.

(I'm pretty sure that's why Julius is off his game)
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: May 29, 2021, 07:43:39 AM »

Offenses that don’t have much installed to get players constantly moving crisply off the ball are far easier to stop than ones that do. We’ve been in the former category all year. We’re paying for it now. More than any personnel moves, that’s the number one thing we need to address in the off-season. Fuck grinding. Glide.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Game 3: Can't Blame Payton
« Reply #19016 on: May 29, 2021, 09:26:08 AM »

We are in the hole 2-1.  Last I checked it's a 7 game series. 

Anyone remember that first Bulls Knicks 7 game series under Riley?  Oak set the tone when on an early baseline drive, he leveled Mister Bill with a forearm shiv.  And the Julius having a bad start?  Anyone remember how Xavier McDaniel spooked the estimable Scottie Pippen and completely took him out of his rhythm through the first six games. 

Hey, even the best players get the playoff jitters.  Anyone see Kyrie last night? 

NO, Knicks fans, Julius' season WAS NOT A FUCKING MIRAGE, as someone suggested.  But in the playoffs, the regular season DOES NOT COUNT FOR DICK.  And in a seven game series, it is a chess game, in which coaches and players make adjustments, and take other teams out of their game.  Like we did to the Hawks in Game 2, and like the Hawks did to us in Game 3.  Game ONE being pretty even. 

Always darkest before the dawn.

No, motherfuckers, the regular season WAS NOT AN ABBERATION.  But again, for the attention deficit disordered amongst you, needs we point out that these are the playoffs and seven game series.  LOOK WHAT HAPPENNED TO THE UNBEATABLE NETS LAST NIGHT IN BOSTON. 

Hello

So while the tendency to assign blame is overwhleming, and to focus on one player rather than 15, here are some interesting stats to chew on. 

Derrick Rose was a force as a scorer, really inspiring with 30 points, but he had only 5 assists.  Trae Young had 14.  Rose's +/- was a team leading -16.  Young's +/- was +9.     

NY came out of the first quarter up 31-29, but Atlanta spanked us in the second frame 29-13, and we could never make that up, playing 28-28 in the third and 22-19 in the fourth. 

Finally, here are some interesting stats which belie the Julius choke narrative [ditto RJ, our number two scorer], even though he was clearly spooked.  Knicks were 27-30 from the FT line [90%] while the Hawks were only 5-8 [62.5%].  Which goes to a good point Facil made about the GRIND versus GLIDE. 

However, the Hawks were a whopping 16-27 [59.3%] from trey while the Knicks were 9-30 [30%]...additionally, the Hawks had 28 assists, while the the Knicks had 14.               

So choking or simply out-fucking-played?  The Hawks defensive intensity was ratcheted up from the opening possession, and as for OUR much vaunted defense, it is hard to win when the other team shoots damn near 60% from trey and you shoot 30%. Color me foolish, but THAT seems a more significant stat than JR's execrable 2-15 [though that doth give one pause]                                                                     

ADDENDUM: Rose's offensive game was uplifting, but I wonder how NOT HAVING HIM COME OFF THE BENCH affected the performance of our second unit.  Least ways the game was ceded to the Hawks in a second quarter where we were outscored 29-13. 

Anyway, CAN'T BLAME THIS LOSS ON ELFRID PAYTON, can we, Knicks fans?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 10:21:51 AM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Game 3: Can't Blame Payton
« Reply #19017 on: May 29, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »

Anyone remember how Xavier McDaniel spooked the estimable Scottie Pippen and completely took him out of his rhythm through the first six games. 

This...........ahhhhh......sublime

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: May 29, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

it really is hard to overstate the magnitude of the disaster so far

it is a disaster

Julius Randle is 13-54 FG in this series (24.1%).

It’s the worst FG pct by any player in the first 3 games of a postseason in the shot-clock era (min. 50 FGA).

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1398458531548913675

on the positive side, a 2-1 deficit isn't anything catastrophic, should he wake up and show that the regular season was not an aberration

*** OT: a little Frank would be a good idea

Well everyone is entitled to a bad game or 2, but JR is 0 for 3 when it really counts.  The only thing to learn from this is he is not the man to build a team around.  Better now than learn next year.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19019 on: May 29, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »

Need to feed Randle early - and for that ELFRID PAYTON is the best starter

I'd start Rose at the off guard, bring Barrett off the bench.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1848