Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912913 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19275 on: June 21, 2021, 12:19:13 AM »

Rivers back to the Celts?

(Too) Many Rivers to cross.

IMO Brad goes with a young guy he may be able to mold influence/work with.

I think there's a better chance of Simmons getting traded than Doc getting canned (at least next year). Simmons was unplayable in crunch time. He needs a shrink to work through some stuff. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Yes, Knicks
« Reply #19276 on: June 21, 2021, 12:25:33 AM »

Porzingus for Simmons looks like a no brainer as well.

A crazy idea: Simmons is damaged goods and by now not a future star for sure.

How about we swap him for one of our discards and he becomes a Thib’s project, no pressure here because nobody expects anything of him, beginning with Simmons himself, and he gets a new beginning while providing us with a useful piece to use off the bench.

PS. Fuck Porzingus ( I like this name).

- Chamaco’s Patriotism is for the white race. -
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:44:41 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: June 21, 2021, 01:22:01 AM »

Simmons Randle RJ Burks Rose wouldn’t be a bad front five. We’ve got another year of Kenny Payne.

Mitch, Obi, & pick 19 & maybe a ‘23 second rounder for Ben. You do have four years left running up to 40 mil.

It likely would cause Randle to want to wait on the extension.

We’d still have a decent amount of space to go shopping or absorb deals plus an exception or two.

It might be worth considering.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: June 21, 2021, 10:10:01 AM »

We'll pass on that. While Simmons' defensive skills would surely be appreciated by coach, he is a spectacularly bad fit in an offense anchored by Randle. Defenses would collapse on us to black hole density. Let somebody else fix his head — and his shot. That loss wasn't on Doc, btw, it's on whichever idiot failed to resign Jimmy Butler.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Trae BIEN
« Reply #19279 on: June 21, 2021, 10:46:02 AM »

Simmons Randle RJ Burks Rose wouldn’t be a bad front five. We’ve got another year of Kenny Payne.

Mitch, Obi, & pick 19 & maybe a ‘23 second rounder for Ben. You do have four years left running up to 40 mil.

It likely would cause Randle to want to wait on the extension.

We’d still have a decent amount of space to go shopping or absorb deals plus an exception or two.

It might be worth considering.

PuhLEEEEEEESE. 

$33,003,936   $35,448,672   $37,893,408   $40,338,144  [through 2025].  You are putting your Executive Of The Year creds in mortal danger. 

A tall Elfrid Payton at Chris Paul prices.  But Trae is a chickenshit?  We just watched Elfrid go from a solid first half of the season to a complete psychic meltdown in the final stanzas, and you wanna trade our first rounder and two of our top developmental projects for a spooked young man with a max contract and his head farther up a Kardashian Sister's pudendum than his own arse. 

What DAWG said.  About both Simmons AND Bulter.  The goat still had 13 assists, and 7 boards, but only took 4 shots and 2 free throws.  Whereas Ice Trae? 

PS: Facil hates Ice Trae?  Why?  Because he kicked our ass.  That's rich. I don't hate Reggie Miller or Paul Pierce, but then, I'm funny that way.  As many bricks as Young made out of straw, he still kept aggressive, still kept attacking [a couple of beautiful feeds and floaters into the paint for jams], and that late three from the parking lot was a dagger for sure.  Trae Young is FEARLESS.  THAT's what a leader looks like.  Props to Nate McMiliian. 

PPS: Brad Stevens found a taker for Kemba, so nothing is impossible.  Still, your own generous offer notwithstanding, one would think the market for Big Ben would be kind of limited.  Also, the Sixers have gone all in on their salary cap space to Ben, Tobias and Joel.  I like Harris and LOVE Embid, who not only showed a lot of skill in this post season, but a lot of heart and some real guts, playing in pain as he did.  Be that as it may, their Big Three of Simmons, Harris and Embid has swallowed all of their cap space, leaving won to wonder how they could possibly make a bid on Philly icon Kyle Lowry in the post season, the vet PG constituting the kind of game and leadership that could have put them over the top in this post season. 

PPPS: Besides all of their questionable all-ins on salaries, wouldn't Mikal Bridges have been a nice piece to deploy against Huerta yesterday.  The Sixers draft day trade WITH PHOENIX of Bridges for Zhaire Smith remains one of the consummate head scratchers of all time.  Smith is long gone playing a total of 13 games in two seasons, while Bridges is a key player on a dynamic Suns team, a defensive stopper who nailed .425% of this treys, .840% of his FTs, and was an efficient .543% from the field for 13.5-4.3-2.1

PPPPS: Philly?  We passed on Bridges to take Kevin Knox, who despite improvements in his game, remained buried on the pine and is now a fixture in most phantasy trade scenarios. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Simmons
« Reply #19280 on: June 21, 2021, 10:49:54 AM »

Fac, I would not give them Mitch for Simmons. I would only offer a discard, say Frank or a resigned Payton. Knox too.
And, Les, I proposed Ben coming off the bench, not with King Julius.
We would also need to negotiate with Philly as to what part of Ben’s salary we will pay going forward.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 10:57:16 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: June 21, 2021, 11:08:38 AM »

I did not realize there was a Kardashian in the picture. That’s a hard deal breaker. Pass on Ben. We’ll have better luck developing our own assets.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19282 on: June 21, 2021, 11:34:21 AM »

Kid- Last week, you had the Celts shopping Jaylen and thought Simmons was a good value.

We disagreed.

Where are you today?

Carlos-I can't see Philly giving Simmons away. At least yet. If he can clear his head of shooting fears, he can be still be a star. So fix first is probably the smartest path to take. A combo of shrink's couch and shooting coach may cure his ills. And be cheaper and smarter than shit-canning the guy.

But before he can get on the shrink's couch, Doc will have to back-up the bus that he drove over the kid. 

Daryl Morey got some thinking to do.

But if a trade is decided, and it might be given Doc's comments, IMO someone will take a shot they can fix him and trade 80-90 cents on the dollar to try. But he's still cashing huge checks for the next 4 years.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:36:11 AM by bankshot1 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Ben [Dover] & [ICE] Trae
« Reply #19283 on: June 21, 2021, 12:26:19 PM »

Kid- Last week, you had the Celts shopping Jaylen and thought Simmons was a good value.

We disagreed.

Where are you today?

Carlos-I can't see Philly giving Simmons away. At least yet. If he can clear his head of shooting fears, he can be still be a star. So fix first is probably the smartest path to take. A combo of shrink's couch and shooting coach may cure his ills. And be cheaper and smarter than shit-canning the guy.

But before he can get on the shrink's couch, Doc will have to back-up the bus that he drove over the kid. 

Daryl Morey got some thinking to do.

But if a trade is decided, and it might be given Doc's comments, IMO someone will take a shot they can fix him and trade 80-90 cents on the dollar to try. But he's still cashing huge checks for the next 4 years.

Simmons is CLEARLY flawed, but he is not a bum.  He had like what, 13 assists and 7 boards, and surely had something to do with Young's poor shooting game.  He is an elite defender and has tremendous size and athleticism. 

But the end game difference between the relative attitudes and tenacity of Ben and Trae surely speaks to a level of confidence and tenacity that is strangely missing from Ben and abundant in Trae. 

One also has to wonder about the relative level of coaching Doc and Nate conferred on their PGs. 

Trae still tends to be kind of fast and loose with the ball, but under Nate he was much more conscious of getting his team mates involved, and more focused on facilitating. 

Then at game's end, despite stinking up the joint as a shooter [some credit to Ben, no?], Trae still notched significant assists, and was a threat who needed to be guarded. 

That parking lot three at game's end is illustrative of Trae's confidence and aggression.  Like our own RJ, he has NO REAR VIEW MIRROR, and is always looking to make the next big play.  I mean, Trae was 5-23, so Simmons defense amounted to something, although I'm not sure if he was the primary defender. 

Hawks beat Philly without 6'8" starting SF DeAndre Hunter [who gave Julius FITS in the first round], Cam Reddish or an ambulatory Bogdonavich. 

Again, as per Facil, I KNOW as Knicks fans, we are supposed to disdain Ice Trae, but I LOVE HIM.  A worthy adversary, who under Nate's tutelage, as evolved from a flash in the pan one man team, to a real LEADER.

PS: How about dem SUNS?  Cameron Payne holding the fort while CP3 passes through the protocols, DeAndre, Mikal, and FUCKING DEVIN BOOKER, who looked like the second coming of JERRY WEST out there.  Great duel with Paul George, speaking of "chokers" who has risen to the challenge with Kawhi out of action.  This series could easily go seven, because the Clips have got no quit in them. 

PPS: Wouldn't a Suns-Hawks Finals be a MF? 

PPPS: I share the schadenfreude regarding the fucking Lakers.

PPPPS:  Here's a thought.  Embid at Center.  Tobias at PF.  Simmons at SF.  And get yourself a PG.  Simmons will NEVER BE MAGIC JOHNSON, but there is no reason he could not be Draymond Green.  Well, there are several reasons, mostly psychic, but the talent and size is there. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: June 21, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »

My thought was to run Simmons at center with Randle, Barrett and two guys who could legit play PG. Simmons is bigger than Taj or Noel and has enough force to fit. Handle, scoring, and passing more than make up for any fall off in rim protection which Simmons has to provide if that becomes his focus. If he had gotten switched on Young that would have been fine, but I mainly would have wanted him on Capella.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: June 21, 2021, 02:17:52 PM »

I went to let the cold light of numbers illuminate my emotional impression of the balding spittoon.

He gets about one fta for every three fga so far this post season. That combined with his high assists and low-ish turnovers makes me concede that whether or not he’s getting most favored player status he must still be pretty good at this basketball stuff.

That said, he’s still currently my least favorite player in the league. I hope in balance that this is the high point at least in his early career and that the next stretch is disappointing and frustrating to both him and his fans.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: June 21, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »

PPS: Wouldn't a Suns-Hawks Finals be a MF? 

that's the one I've been rooting for.

its a nice antidote to the Lakers sucking up superstars like a malignant black hole.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: June 21, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »

The NBA has to be pretty pissed off that it didn't get a PHI-Bklyn conference final as it would have killed in the ratings.

Now? Bucks-Hawks?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: June 21, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »

I’m ready to see Jrue give Trae the business.

Philly and Brooklyn were two of the ugliest teams that at least made the play in. Nobody needs to see them anymore.

The four teams left make a much better cap to the postseason.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: June 21, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »

Keeping my eye on Quita and Cockburn as two real centers to develop in this draft, along w the UNC kid and Bassey.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 ... 1848