Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068270 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
NBADraft.net
« Reply #19410 on: July 03, 2021, 09:41:40 PM »

now with Nah'Shon Hyland out of VCU to Knicks - ahead of McBride and - ahem - Mac McClung.

note - this was a month ago

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Kispert gone - 13th

Watching Hyland now at the Combine

Defense his forte but had 15 points in a half, 3-4 from deep
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:45:47 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19411 on: July 03, 2021, 11:40:27 PM »

Their projections aren’t very good, but I do like their Black Lives Matter banner, still going strong.

Fun game tonight. I shall enjoy the finals. There is a certain poetry to Bud shutting the door on the Hawks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19412 on: July 04, 2021, 01:34:46 AM »

Well, I guess the Bucks have a big 3 after all.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 01:36:40 AM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
Re: NBADraft.net
« Reply #19413 on: July 04, 2021, 01:36:07 AM »

now with Nah'Shon Hyland out of VCU to Knicks - ahead of McBride and - ahem - Mac McClung.

note - this was a month ago

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Kispert gone - 13th

Watching Hyland now at the Combine

Defense his forte but had 15 points in a half, 3-4 from deep

We have Nah'Shon Hyland already.

His name is Immanuel Jaylen Quickley.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: July 04, 2021, 01:48:28 AM »

Nah - Hyland can actually be a starting lead guard.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19415 on: July 04, 2021, 03:48:26 AM »

Nothing like a lead guard who generates more turnovers than assists.

Quickley is better than 2 assists to each turnover, not in college but in the NBA.

Pass on Bones.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19416 on: July 04, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »

Knicks Floating RJ Barrett; Monitor Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, Collin Sexton

https://hoopswire.com/knicks-floating-rj-barrett-monitor-damian-lillard-bradley-beal-collin-sexton/

The Knicks are willing to include shooting guard R.J. Barrett in a trade package for a star guard, such as the Trail Blazers’ Damian Lillard or Wizards’ Bradley Beal, according to Kristian Winfield of the New York Daily News.

---

While the Knicks have been tied to Lillard’s situation in Portland and are monitoring Beal’s status on the Wizards, it is unclear whether their best offer will compel those teams to part ways with their franchise players,” Winfield wrote. “The Knicks could make an offer similar to the Nets’ package for James Harden and trade any mix of Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley along with their draft picks and pick swaps.”

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: July 04, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »

Nah - Hyland can actually be a starting lead guard.

I've seen Hyland play in dozens of games. Really like the guy. But his comparisons to IQ — both in physical form and the way he plays — are striking.

They're different than most guys....in a very similar way. I don't see any basis in your contention that Hyland can be a starting lead guard, and IQ can't.

Maybe we'll trade away IQ. Who knows? But if he's seen as a component for next season, then there's no way we're drafting Bones.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: July 04, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »

There is zero chance the Knicks trade RJ.  There is maybe a 5% chance they trade Randle.  Anything you read is click bait.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Carmelo 2.1
« Reply #19419 on: July 04, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »

There is zero chance the Knicks trade RJ.  There is maybe a 5% chance they trade Randle.  Anything you read is click bait.

THANK YOU. 

BlogOBile posting after posting advancing the most ludicrous, phantasmagorical transactions. 

As I have related in nauseatingly obsessive detail, trades which suggest packaging RJ and IQ and Obi/Mitchell plus most of our draft capital, thus gutting our team of a talented, affordable core of youth in search of the sexiest purported shiny objects, infuriate me. 

There are some interesting folks out there, but I do not view revisiting Carmelo 2.1 [ALL IN ON DAME] as rational. 

Nor do I see the likes of CP3 or Kawhi signing on. 

There are some interesting possibilities out there, such as Oubre and Ball and Allen, who might yet alight in the Garden if the numbers work and the stars align and there is a commonality of interest.   

But my sense of things is the Knicks proceeding very cautiously.  2022 is a more richly textured free agent class.  Maintaining one's core of youth makes sense cap wise, as well as in terms of some sustainable growth curve. 

Again, look at the Hawks.  Young.  Reddish.  Hunter.  Collins.  Okongwu.  Huerter.  That exchange of Doncic for Young and an additional #1 looking rather prescient now, considering how RJ's DUKE teammate CAM REDDISH came on against the Bucks. 

Stay the course, Leon, STAY THE COURSE. 

PS: We will get a sneak peak at Vildoza soon enough.   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 03:45:01 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19420 on: July 04, 2021, 08:00:34 PM »

A mess at ESPN

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/04/sports/basketball/espn-rachel-nichols-maria-taylor.html

Nichols of course is right.  I will boycott if she loses this.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: July 05, 2021, 04:56:33 PM »

Nichols' comments - thought to be off the record - were in and of themselves not an attack on Taylor, but rather a frustration with how ESPN was dealing with women overall.  But there is a sensitivity to those comments Nichols made if you want to interpret them through a certain angle you can find yourself frustrated with her.  I can see Taylor's side of it.  BUT I think it was unfair that the comments were spread and Nichols didn't get a chance to speak to Taylor about them.  Taylor can interpret them however she likes but unless there is something we aren't privy to I think it wasn't the right move to not seek to clear the air with Nichols.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: July 06, 2021, 12:22:59 AM »

As Colin Cowherd said recently, there ARE NO 5 year NBA plans anymore.  It's a year to year league

Include the Knicks in this.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: July 06, 2021, 12:25:01 AM »

Moving Knox as a standalone -- i don't think you get more than a 2nd rounder in return.

No

You have to GIVE a second rounder to get rid of the dollars owed Knox.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: July 06, 2021, 08:04:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1852