Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068041 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19395 on: July 01, 2021, 10:02:50 AM »

CP3 opting out of his deal.  Will be a free agent, though maybe not for long.  PHX may just rework something quickly - assuming they dont just go with the recently blossoming leadership skills of D Booker and use the money elsewhere.

Knicks clearly zeroing in on BALL.  That would allow for a wild card go for the pure athlete or pure sniper pick in first round - rather than grabbing the PG (McBride or someone else)

Fun draft season ahead - including where does SUGGS go?  Suggs-Green-Kuminga-Mobley order.........is?

So, for today, Knick fans -

KISPERT OR MCBRIDE?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
FA TARGET?
« Reply #19396 on: July 01, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »

Reggie Jackson?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: July 01, 2021, 02:02:56 PM »

Went in the tank and didnt stay healthy after getting big bucks then resurfaced when seeking a deal/to save his career.

Reggie would help us in the same way Rose does

Likely he stays put in LA

chipstern

• View Profile
No NO A Thousand Times NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Reply #19398 on: July 01, 2021, 05:12:40 PM »

From The Mind Of Ian Begley

Trade Scenario #1: Trade RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, a 2021 first round pick, 2023 first-round pick, pick swaps for 2022 and 2024 for Damian Lillard

Fuck YOU

Christ.  Throw in Hershel Walker & Alan Weisselberg while you're at it. 

This is a Scotty Sterling Trade, an Isiah Thomas Trade, a Donnie Walsh Trade, a Glenn Grunwald Trade, a Steve Mills Trade. 

Make A Run At Lonzo Ball. 

See if Van Vleet money gets it done. 

Proving only that a substantial number of Knicks bloggers, beat writers and fans, have no sense of patience, no sense of history, no sense of proportion. 

One might even suggest that they are....

FUCKING IDIOTS
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:19:05 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: No NO A Thousand Times NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Reply #19399 on: July 01, 2021, 05:19:54 PM »

From The Mind Of Ian Begley

Trade Scenario #1: Trade RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, a 2021 first round pick, 2023 first-round pick, pick swaps for 2022 and 2024 for Damian Lillard

Fuck YOU

Christ.  Throw in Hershel Walker & Alan Weisselberg while you're at it. 

This is a Scotty Sterling Trade, an Isiah Thomas Trade, a Donnie Walsh Trade, a Glenn Grunwald Trade, a Steve Mills Trade. 

Make A Run At Lonzo Ball. 

See if Van Vleet money gets it done. 

Proving only that a substantial number of Knicks bloggers, beat writers and fans, have no sense of patience, no sense of history, no sense of proportion. 

One might even suggest that they are....

FUCKING IDIOTS.

And I love DAME.  But this is Carmelo 2.0   FUCK YOU THRICE. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19400 on: July 01, 2021, 05:25:09 PM »

Trying to get on Dame’s Christmas list. Hard pass on that deal. It’s a joke.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: July 01, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »

Kevin Chouinard: Danilo Gallinari was asked who would be Bucks’ leader if Giannis can’t go tonight: “I think that if you ask my daughter this question – and she is 7 months (old) – she is going to give you the right answer: Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton.”

chipstern

• View Profile
PATIENCE
« Reply #19402 on: July 01, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »

Trying to get on Dame’s Christmas list. Hard pass on that deal. It’s a joke.

I don't believe that is how Leon Rose is wired.  Nor THIBS.  What Knicks management and coaching staff did last year, the patience, the prudence, paid serious dividends. 

Can you picture Thibs turning beet purple when asked his thoughts on RJ being traded?

As for MASS DUMPS of #1 Picks?

My GOD.  Been there.  Done that. 

Looking for a nanosecond at your fave team, the Atlanta Hawks. 

Onyeka Okongwu, 20 [#6 pick, 2020] C/PF
DeAndre Hunter, 23 [#4 pick, 2019] SF/PF
Cam Reddish, 21 [#10 pick, 2019] SF/PF
Trae Young, 22 [#5 pick, 2018] PG
Kevin Huerter, 22 [#18 pick, 2018] SG/SF
John Collins, 23 [#19 pick, 2017] PF

And we all know about their vets, acquired through trades and free agency: Capella [27], Gallinari [32], Bogdonavich [28], Williams [34], Snell [29], Hill [30].

I could 12.  Twelve DEEP.  And a core of six very young, very talented players. 

And Ian Begley and the rest of these dubious douche devices is okay with trading our three [pick 'em] of our best YOUNG players and multiple #1 draft picks.  RJ [21].  IQ [22].  Obi [23]. Mitchell [23]. 

Randle is going to be 27; Vildoza is going to be 26.  Pelle is 28. 

French Frank and Kevin are also VERY YOUNG, though it would be surprising if both/either of them are back. 

A "HARD NO"

Again, I love DAME.  Great player.  Great competitor.  Great character. 

He is 30, which admittedly ain't all that old.  One could make a case that he is IN HIS PRIME. 

However, trading away the equivalent of FIVE #1 picks, and freezing upwards of 40-50% of our future cap space on someone who will be pulling down $54,250,000 in 2024-2025 [$43,750,000 $47,250,000,   $50,750,000, $54,250,000]. 

The Hawks were patient and purposeful, and now they have a very deep, very young roster, and look to be VERY COMPETITIVE for the immediate future. 

PATIENCE.  DRAFT PICKS.  Judicious Use Of Cap Space. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 06:17:01 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: July 01, 2021, 06:38:43 PM »

Make no mistake - ALL named are tradeable - if the right deal surfaced.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19404 on: July 01, 2021, 07:01:47 PM »

Randle is going to be 27; Vildoza is going to be 26.  Pelle is 28.

French Frank and Kevin are also VERY YOUNG, though it would be surprising if both/either of them are back.

Oh My God -

Chip - I used to enjoy tossing ideas back and forth with you - appreciated your knowledge -

but you have LOST YOUR SHIT

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: PATIENCE
« Reply #19405 on: July 01, 2021, 07:57:26 PM »

I don't believe that is how Leon Rose is wired.  Nor THIBS.  What Knicks management and coaching staff did last year, the patience, the prudence, paid serious dividends. 

I was talking about Begely.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19406 on: July 02, 2021, 02:17:21 AM »

Mr. Bobby stepped in & stepped up to put Milwaukee ahead. Nice game from their adjusted first 5.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19407 on: July 03, 2021, 04:11:40 PM »

I don't see where Knox is gonna go.  Maybe there's a huge trade out there and he is one of the "young assets" moved but I think that's unlikely.  He would have to be a throw in within a trade of a much better asset like RJ or Randle and I don't see the Knicks trading either RJ or Randle. 

Moving Knox as a standalone -- i don't think you get more than a 2nd rounder in return.

So i think it's a high probability... like 70%+ that Knox remains.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Knox, Knox
« Reply #19408 on: July 03, 2021, 04:47:07 PM »

Thankfully, he only has one year left on his contract.

OTOH, getting a second rounder for Knox? Not too bad, one never knows. Think of Mitch Robinson.

- Chamaco's Patriotism is only for the white race. -
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: July 03, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »

I don't see where Knox is gonna go.  Maybe there's a huge trade out there and he is one of the "young assets" moved but I think that's unlikely.  He would have to be a throw in within a trade of a much better asset like RJ or Randle and I don't see the Knicks trading either RJ or Randle. 

Moving Knox as a standalone -- i don't think you get more than a 2nd rounder in return.

So i think it's a high probability... like 70%+ that Knox remains.

Knox gives salary ballast to a deal mainly about picks going with him as part of a larger deal for a more expensive piece we can absorb into our space, either as a straight trade our as our end of a S&T also creating an exception for the other party.

Not saying it does happen. Just saying if it does, it could happen like that.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1852