Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1063078 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: PuhLeese and more PUHLEESE
« Reply #22005 on: December 28, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »

So, dear Chisptern, you accept that Thibs offense is bad, and his defense is bad too. But you wanna keep him, no matter what?

DUH.  You a friend, so I am happy for you to revel in absurdist hallucinations mingled from time to time with trenchant almost analysis. 

HOWFUCKINGEVER, That IS NOT WHAT I SAID.

Numb Nutz

How about...

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO ADJUST, TO THIBS, EACH OTHER, COVID, INJURIES, PERSONNEL. 

They are auditioning for Thibs. 

And Thibs is auditioning for them [AND Carlos and Dawg and Kiid and Miras]. 

The advantage Thibs has over you, is seeing everyone every day in practice. 

Than we ALL see it on the floor. 

And a lot of it ain't pretty.

So motherfucker, I don't hold to a death penalty. 

Thibs is methodical.  Thibs is stubborn.  He is trying to make things work, but Randle and RJ are human, and they are not playing with Bullock & Payton.  And they have been tasked with making it all cohere with Fournier & Walker.  The players AIN'T ROBOTS.  A lot of confusion, cats don't know whether to shit or go blind. 

AND WE HAVEN'T Sucked For 48 A Night. 

It's an adjustment, and they've been up and down. 

THIBS TOO. 

You think Thibs deserves the death penalty because he's 15-18. 

Nate McMillian is 15-18.  Wanna fire him too, Trader Vic? 

MY BIGGEST ISSUES are ones we share....motion and ball movement, defense.  Did you watch GS + Phoenix.  They were both breathtaking on both sides of the ball.  GS deployment of cutters, shouldn't just be sent to Thibs, but to everyone.   

You are going to see some changes in the first and second unit.  Thibs has already signalled for Burks back to the bench.  Score one for the Garden Chanting KemBaWalKer, clapclapclap. 

I DID NOT LIKE HOW THIBS TREATED KEMBA, and I thought Burks as a PG was absurd. 

But Kemba responded like a man and a professional, then fate intervened, COVID-Rose = unlikely happenstance of KEMBA.  His triple double at the Garden sealed the deal.  And he may just have figured out how to click with Julius and vicea versa. 

Robinson-Randle-RJ-Grimes-Walker

Three defenders to protect two scorer facilitators. Three youngsters whose game is based on movement.  Kemba looks to be figuring out Julius.  RJ is next. 

Me and you would probably prefer Grimes in that first unit instead of Burks of Fournier. 

Noel/Sims-Toppin/Gibson-Burks/Fournier/Deuce-IQ

Pick AND Choose.  Lot of pieces to juggle.  Burks and Fournier are willing passers who like to go to the hoop, be a nice  match with Obi back cuts. 

Rose going out, vis a vis chemistry & Kemba, might be as significant, ironically, as Rose coming in last season.  

Opens up 25 minutes to divvy up between Walker-IQ-McBride. 

I think Thibs is impressed enough with Grimes to annoint him to shadow Kemba as his bodyguard.  Quentin is a better defender than Evan, and they are pretty close in shooting; Fournier from afar and on the bounce; Grimes from afar on the catch and shoot, more like Bullock than Fournier.  Grimes more...bounce, more of an attack mode than Evan. 

Feel free to keep clowning me and Thibs.  We need it. 

We're 33 games in. Chapter ONE.

Chapter TWO.

Let's see what the next 22-33 look like until Rose gets back. Now that Thibs is getting a drip of players back from PROTOCOLS.  DUH. 

Like Sam Cooke sang, CHANGE IS GOING TO COME.

HOWFUCKINGEVER, That IS NOT WHAT I SAID. REALLY? HOW REFRESHING!

EVERYONE IS TRYING TO ADJUST, TO THIBS, EACH OTHER, COVID, INJURIES, PERSONNEL. 

They are auditioning for Thibs. 

And Thibs is auditioning for them

EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES? ...

[AND Carlos and Dawg and Kiid and Miras]. Les and Miras are good company, but PuhLeese and more PUHLEESE, DO NOT PLACE ME IN THE COMPANY OF CHAMACO OR CHAMAACO

Nate McMillian is 15-18.  Wanna fire him too, Trader Vic? NATE HAS A REAL EXCUSE, HIS BEST PLAYERS ARE OUT, AND I AINT NO TRADER VIC.

MY BIGGEST ISSUES are ones we share....motion and ball movement, defense. AGREE, SEE? EASY.

I DID NOT LIKE HOW THIBS TREATED KEMBA,. I do not like how he is treating him now, 40 minutes a night is gonna cripple him fast!

OTHER THAN THIBS, WE AGREE ON MOSTLY EVERYTHING. PEACE, CHIP.

COACH Mark Daigneault has entered health and safety protocols, per the Thunder.

Mike Wilks will serve as the acting head coach tonight in Sacramento.

OH MY GOD.  They passed over Mike Miller. 

Alert the media.

Well, they visit this forum from time to time. So they know Miller is on his way to NY, not because of my endorsement, but because Chamaco pontificated that "Mike Fin Miller is not coming to the Knicks" 🤪

MILLER TIME BABY! (next season) 😁
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:18:56 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
normal?
« Reply #22006 on: December 28, 2021, 08:12:41 PM »

well...that really depends on one's definition of normal!

For BoZ, probably a re-education camp in Xinjiang.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22007 on: December 28, 2021, 08:40:34 PM »

How many games will it take for Coach Thibs to accept The Cold Truth
 That Quentin Grimes might just be his main man

Have to see Quentin make some 2 pointers
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Double The Meter
« Reply #22008 on: December 28, 2021, 09:04:23 PM »

Beware of taxi drivers promising change is gonna come ...

I read somewhere that Sam Cooke wrote that song in response to Bob Dylan.  Someone told Cooke that a skinny white boy was capturing the national mood, and black folks needed an anthem to rally behind.  So Cooke wrote A Change is Gonna Come.  Not certain that's an authentic account, but makes for a good story ...

The actual turn of events went something like this...

Sam Cooke adored "Blowin' In The Wind," and soon after hearing it, added it to his performance repertoire and subsequently recorded it. 

But he was taken aback, literally embarassed that it had been written by a white boy, and not a person of color.  Sam felt he had been derelict in his spiritual, social and creative duty

Later in 1963, Cooke was turned away from a hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana, and took a rap for disturbing the peace...this was still the era of legal apartheid in this country [sorry if this makes the Uncritical Erase Weary crowd uncomfortable, but Jim Crow was the Law of the Land from the end of Reconstruction 1876 and Plessy V. Ferguson [separate but equal declared the law of the land] in 1896, all the way through 1964-1965, so GO FUCK YOURSELVES, nosebleeds].

So inspired, Sam wrote "Change Is Gonna Come" which became the centerpiece of his final studio album, AIN'T THAT GOOD NEWS. 

"How many games will it take for Coach Thibs to accept The Cold Truth
 That Quentin Grimes might just be his main man
 The answer my friends
 Is hovering in analytics
 The answer is blowing proximate to Carlos' puffy ass."

White boys sing it good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJXPAqGlGk

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22009 on: December 28, 2021, 09:27:51 PM »

A strict 2 month lockdown and the virus had no where to go and petered out.  Life normal for the past year and a half.  Imagine that.

Good luck

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20211223-china-locks-down-entire-city-as-covid-19-cases-rise-ahead-of-olympics

Hoping they do not cancel the 2022 Asia Games, already postponed by COVID (imagine that) from '21.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22010 on: December 28, 2021, 10:30:56 PM »

Good win. I saw a lot I liked. I also saw a lot to work on.

Detroit next. Hope we keep it up and improve on it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22011 on: December 28, 2021, 10:42:06 PM »

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. But they barely held up against a second-string squad.

Not a good look.

And our "star" can't seem to play two good quarters in a row.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22012 on: December 28, 2021, 10:50:53 PM »

And we still have the issue of our "2nd team" playing better than the first.

chipstern

• View Profile
Guess What?
« Reply #22013 on: December 28, 2021, 10:57:29 PM »

And we still have the issue of our "2nd team" playing better than the first.

Grimes got 31 minutes....hinthinthint...changing of the guard so to speak. 

Mitchell played great.  14 [6-7] 18 boards, two steals.  If he remains healthy and keeps upping his stamina, speed and hops, a very good sign. 

Kemba played 33, IQ 15.  I would expect IQ and McBride to get another eight or so of Kemba's minutes. 

Wasn't pretty, but a win. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:27:12 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22014 on: December 28, 2021, 11:44:56 PM »

Good luck

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacific/20211223-china-locks-down-entire-city-as-covid-19-cases-rise-ahead-of-olympics

Xian and suburbs locked down due to 146 CV cases, which has since expanded to 198.
It's not easy maintaining zero cases while the borders are open.
Putting resources into testing and quarantining instead of post-infection treatment.

Bars, restaurants, shops have been filled since June 2020.  I would forget that there's a global pandemic except that roughly 30-40% wear masks (and I keep a mask handy in case I need to use it).  There's so little risk/threat of CV infection here that I haven't bothered to get vaccinated.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:03:57 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22015 on: December 29, 2021, 12:03:11 AM »

lmao ...

Not easy to forget there's a pandemic if you've spent six-seven-eight full months in complete lockdown like many Chinese cities, but totally normal

If you haven't seen your family in two years like millions of Chinese, totally normal

If you are already used to living in a completely authoritarian state, totally normal

If you like your borders basically closed forever, totally normal, lol..OK!

like I say, it's all how you define normal )

*** plus, with a crap vaccine and a population which has not built up immunities, their end game is a big, big problem unless they get a really, really lucky break w/continued virus mutation
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:06:56 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22016 on: December 29, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »

Randall, on the floor, but not participating whatsoever for minutes at a time becoming "totally normal" which despite tonight's win, I find "totally distressing"

*** particularly when it's the middle of the fourth
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22017 on: December 29, 2021, 12:06:09 AM »

Not easy to forget there's a pandemic if you've spent six-seven-eight full months in complete lockdown like many Chinese cities, but totally normal

You have no clue what you are talking about.
Nothing like that has occurred.
Enjoy your ignorance.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
Bo Needs a New VPN...bad
« Reply #22018 on: December 29, 2021, 12:08:09 AM »

lmao...you don't know about it? Lol, lol, actually i'm not surprised cause you can't get any news over there..rofl, you just made my night!

*** But the fallout of the zero-tolerance approach is hard to ignore. Ruili, a city bordering Myanmar, has seen sporadic COVID-19 infections. Officials seal off the city each time, with the total duration of lockdowns reached roughly seven months since September 2020.

That's just one, idjit boy, takes like 3 seconds to find each if your network isn't moderated by Xi Jinping
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:17:40 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #22019 on: December 29, 2021, 12:14:21 AM »

Next your gonna tell me I made up that %$# about Peng Shuai!
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1852