Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912550 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Idea of the Day
« Reply #22620 on: February 03, 2022, 03:42:45 PM »

Fournier and Noel for Rubio, Ed Davis, and Dylan Windler would work. We can release Rubio and Davis post trade and still have a roster spot to play with.

Watcha say gentlemen? Offload Fournier (AND Noel) for two guys we're gonna waive and Dylan 2.8 pts a game Windler.

jeezus......got to run to the corner for some ADVIL.

Since Carlos wants Facilitatorn to run the team, I gotta join the chorus to say this little trade/waive idea is about the craziest thing he's written.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 03:46:44 PM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #22621 on: February 03, 2022, 03:46:04 PM »

The King of the Hamsters has written many provocative words of late, but perhaps none so powerful as his vision of a modern Chinese proverb:

警察在我的肛门里给我带来不便

....or

Police inconvenience me in my anus

Which I can see on t-shirts and in fortune cookies the world over.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of the Day
« Reply #22622 on: February 03, 2022, 03:56:06 PM »

Fournier and Noel for Rubio, Ed Davis, and Dylan Windler would work. We can release Rubio and Davis post trade and still have a roster spot to play with.

Watcha say gentlemen? Offload Fournier (AND Noel) for two guys we're gonna waive and Dylan 2.8 pts a game Windler.

jeezus......got to run to the corner for some ADVIL.

Since Carlos wants Facilitatorn to run the team, I gotta join the chorus to say this little trade/waive idea is about the craziest thing he's written.

I want Fac to COACH the team, provided he has NO SAY ON TRADES. This aint the first or even the tenth crazy trade proposed by Fac. Not as many at Chamaco's hehs, but close enough to have me worried.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. heh (and lol) strikes YET again #43,839
« Reply #22623 on: February 03, 2022, 03:59:25 PM »

I guess  that Zaire Williams may not have been a failed lottery pick, eh?  heh

Who is he heh-ing now? Himself?

-  Chamaco Cartero is a not-so-great fake-Mexican -
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: February 03, 2022, 04:03:31 PM »

Noel is actually helpful one out of three games at best, and even when he is helpful he is awful.

Kemba does not have enough athleticism left to be anything more than a gadget player in the NBA. To do that he needs to get as fit as Trey Burke. He is not there yet. He may never get there.

Ev has trade value because he can shoot and score.

There is nothing I would not rather task to Sims or Luca that is asked if Noel here.

IQ and Deuce can do everything we get from Kemba, and Rose provides vet leadership already at PG.

Cam and Grimes can take the role Fournier plays. Even if their performance pushes us back we gain by building their experience. Nothing Grimes has done recently leads one to doubt he can play up to Fourniers level.

We would need the first round pick from the Cavs as part of the deal along with a second or two.

We are not making noise this year. All our work going forward should really be about future seasons.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22625 on: February 03, 2022, 05:24:33 PM »

Knix gave up 120 points and your takeaway is the offense was the problem?

Well, yeah

I actually watched the game.  You look at numbers and judge.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22626 on: February 03, 2022, 08:10:05 PM »

Well, I watched that game.

And as with a lot of Knick losses, the others guys just seemed to have a lot more open looks.

As if they're fast, and we're slow. As if their offensive movement befuddles us. As if our defense just cannot keep up.

So, yeah, the defense is definitely a thing.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22627 on: February 03, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »

If you are shutting down Ja, yeah, sometimes a Jaire will be open.

Kid made his shots - all credit to him and to Jackson Jr as well.  And certainly credit to Grizz staff who can create proper off-Ja spacing and win on the road with their best not shooting it well.

Meanwhile, sloppy offensive play after sloppy play, poor shot or decision after poor......

And someone clue Bo in that a poor offensive trip can lead to an easy bucket  the other way, contributing to the 120 spot MEM ended up with.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22628 on: February 03, 2022, 08:17:16 PM »

I'd be interested to find out how many times the Knicks have come back to win games this year?

It feels like.....not many.

When we lose, we're usually done by the end of the first quarter. Or even before the 2nd team hits the floor.

Derrick Rose, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22629 on: February 03, 2022, 10:38:44 PM »

MEM 13 NYK 11

Alec Burks enters game fo Kemba Walker

MEM 64 NYK 52

Kemba Walker  enters game for Quentin Grimes

Yeah, has to be the starters....

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #22630 on: February 03, 2022, 11:06:39 PM »

Dude, I'm 95% sure you're wrong on this one.

Your pick and choose system of evidence might be what your tribe calls "doing our own research."

But it doesn't take Einstein to discern the pattern. Just go through our losses, one after another, and tell me what you see.

It's not a controversial assertion to say that our starting team [1] sort of stinks and [2] tends to start games badly.

Once behind, the lack of pace with the offense makes it tough to catch up to anybody.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22631 on: February 04, 2022, 12:38:42 AM »

If you are shutting down Ja, yeah, sometimes a Jaire will be open.
Kid made his shots - all credit to him and to Jackson Jr as well.  And certainly credit to Grizz staff who can create proper off-Ja spacing and win on the road with their best not shooting it well.

Was an entirely reasonable strategy to lock in on Ja and live with Zaire getting some open looks.  It's just after it wasn't working, you need to adjust.

And someone clue Bo in that a poor offensive trip can lead to an easy bucket  the other way, contributing to the 120 spot MEM ended up with.

I detailed 4 transition plays in the first 14 mins in which the Knix gave up 11 points to Griz slow breaks. In which the Knix were back but simply failed to match up. These didn't involve screens or tricky cutting, just 4 or 5 guys coming up court slowly and one or more not being guarded (mostly on the right elbow).  Knick transition D was horrid last year as well.

Mitch, Grimes, RJB, Noel.
Everyone else a sub-par defender.

The offense relies too much on the 3-ball.  And besides 4Eva, the 3-point shooting has dropped off from last year.

Maybe Kam can link us up with the Randle-lost-his-man play in the SacKings game.  The comic tension in his confusion, his misdirected effort make for a classic.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:08:08 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22632 on: February 04, 2022, 01:45:26 AM »

Offense is too much standing around. Player movement opens up the floor and creates cleaner shots, for three or otherwise.

The transition D is surprisingly bad. The half court defensive issues, especially with the starters can be attributed mainly to the personnel and whatever misapprehension Randle has had about himself since signing his big contract. We do not need him to be the bell cow. We need him to be a very good power forward who plays his ass off for his teammates. That starts with spending his energy on defense and keeping his focus on team objectives and performance, focusing on the play on the floor rather than the refs or the fans.

Kemba is an invitation to drive or use a screen or simply hoist. He does not draw enough charges, come up with enough steals or long rebounds anymore to in any way cover that up. Ev can not keep up with player movement off ball or match an athletic player in athleticism. He does get steals but often throws them away in our disorganized fast breaks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22633 on: February 04, 2022, 08:16:36 AM »

It's not a controversial assertion to say that our starting team [1] sort of stinks and [2] tends to start games badly.

We are certainly inconsistent.

And bottom five in points scored in the first quarter (25.8)

On margin we are actually just a -1.5 points down (24th ) after first quarters.    Memphis is tenth best at +1.1

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22634 on: February 04, 2022, 08:26:30 AM »

On the plus side we are 4th in the league in average 4th quarter margin.

Halftimes - we are 18th

3rd quarter is where we again lose it (24th at -1.5)

Yes.  This is the very definition of a team whose starters are a)  still learning to play together  b)  underachieving offensively  c)  often pulled early (see Walker)

Is this the very definition of "bad"?  Not so sure.  Teams still need to game plan for us and give max effort to get the W.  Middle of the bottom of the playoff pack I'd call it.

Where do we go?  Take the higher pick (lottery) by just playing things out - or make the save the season deal?
 Would it be worth it to give an asset or two (as we already did to get Reddish) if we are just to lose in the 7-10 scenario, not advance to an actual series?  NO.

Thus....

We add a player we see as longer term...we sack someone making some cash we could pocket - with maybe a pick......or no deals at all

Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 1848