Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 [1625] 1626 1627 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145234 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Tick Tock
« Reply #24360 on: July 21, 2022, 04:51:14 PM »

Minutes for Reddish.....

AGAIN, you are presuming this "trade" is for real. 

If...

IF there is any semblance of reality to this trade, the Lakers make out better than the Jazz. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24361 on: July 21, 2022, 04:58:06 PM »

What trade?

You posted it - not me.

I just said if that particular deal occurred there would be more Reddish minutes.

We really like Hartenstein and Toppin, which makes the deal listed more realistic.  But Rose and Grimes?  Maybe they have more faith in IQ than I do.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24362 on: July 21, 2022, 05:02:38 PM »

Brunson/Quickley
Mitchell/Barrett
Barrett/Reddish
Bojan/Toppin
Robinson/Hartenstein
McBride/Sims/Hunt/Potter/Keels/Montero/Jeffries

Room for one more
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 05:06:03 PM by kidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
STEVE POPPER
« Reply #24363 on: July 21, 2022, 05:57:57 PM »

We are going to have a lot of these days but hearing that chatter of a Knicks deal for Donovan Mitchell being done is not accurate.

Nothing imminent.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24364 on: July 21, 2022, 05:59:30 PM »

yeah, no shit.

But I passed along your deal to other locales just for kicks.  Creating chatter at least - thanks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24365 on: July 21, 2022, 06:00:00 PM »

Funny though -I can usually rely on Harry.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24366 on: July 21, 2022, 06:05:46 PM »

James - doin business

With a  33 million starting salary, James Harden could  have locked himself into a maximum of five years,  191.4 million. Instead, he could decline his player option in 2023 and re sign with the Sixers for up to five years, projected at  270 million next season. While he may not get that full amount, a strong season could put him in a position to earn a near maximum contract, especially since the Sixers wont have any way to replace him if he leaves. Alternatively, the player option protects him if he has a down year or suffers a significant injury. 

Because Harden re signed for only one season without an option year, he will have veto rights on a trade in 2022 23. This is because if he agrees to get traded, his Bird rights would revert to Non Bird. That means if traded, his new team would be limited to re signing him to four years,  141.9 million instead of the maximum, unless they have enough cap space to give him more.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24368 on: July 22, 2022, 04:11:14 AM »

Kid is full of shit.

His sources are bitches, as he is.

There is no deal and no credibility for bitches like Kid.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

chipstern

• View Profile
Salt Lake Shitty
« Reply #24369 on: July 22, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »

Kid is full of shit.

His sources are bitches, as he is.

There is no deal and no credibility for bitches like Kid.

Again, Kiid said there WAS A DEAL. 

Offered no proof.

I surfed the rumor mill and found that three-way concoction with the Knicks-Jazz-Lakers, and that most of the "intelligence" on this "Done Deal" was originating in the discarded Kleenex of a Utah "correspondence." 

Somehow, the Lakers ending up with not only Randle but Fournier+Rose would seem to be, COUGH, a tell. 

Kiid likes to stir poop up when he is not cleaning up his own nocturnal Jimmer Emissions with his own box of Anne Coulter Signature Kleenex

It's summer.  He's not agitating for 8 year olds to have access to AR-15s.  So leave us count our blessings, and wish peace and contentment to Kiid & Family, what with NO substanative "news" or "activity" until, what, the end of September? 

[September 30 October 2 Warriors and Wizards to play in NBA Japan Games 2022 in Tokyo]

Meanwhile, the cat spreading all of this poop upon the firmament in Utah is projecting a BIG HAUL.  What else would he project, now that both Lake Mead & The Great Salt Lake are running dry?  Got to have something to look forward to, if only draft picks. 

We shall see. 

PS: Google THURL BAILEY on his assessment of how young Donovan Mitchell is, how good DM is, how much better he might yet get, and the level of CHARACTER Thurl percives in him vis a vis his all around game and capacity for even more profound leadership. 

WE SHALL SEE.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:19:33 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24370 on: July 22, 2022, 12:32:49 PM »

I surfed the rumor mill and found that three way concoction with the Knicks Jazz Lakers, and that most of the  intelligence on this  Done Deal was originating in the discarded Kleenex of a Utah  correspondence.

The deal YOU posted.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco got his wishes (almost) fulfilled
« Reply #24371 on: July 22, 2022, 12:33:51 PM »

He was desperate for a conversation with Chip.

While that has not happened, at least Chip is talking about him.

AND THAT, BOYZ AND GURLS, COUNTS FOR SOMETHIN
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:59:40 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
HEH
« Reply #24372 on: July 22, 2022, 12:44:56 PM »

He Who Smelt It

Dealt It

Typical...no? 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24373 on: July 22, 2022, 01:38:23 PM »

Well, yeah, but....

there's an obvious logic to getting rid of Julius in this deal. So it's not crazy that the Knicks would be exploring those options.

I knew we can't afford Randle, RJ, Brunson + Mitchell into the future (RJ will need to get paid next year), but I was hoping for one year with all 4, so that we can better see what's what. Who stays, who needs to go.

But I can see that for those who feel RJ is a definite star or Randle is a definite liability, it's best to make the move now.

chipstern

• View Profile
Liability?
« Reply #24374 on: July 22, 2022, 01:51:08 PM »

Well, yeah, but....

there's an obvious logic to getting rid of Julius in this deal. So it's not crazy that the Knicks would be exploring those options.

I knew we can't afford Randle, RJ, Brunson + Mitchell into the future (RJ will need to get paid next year), but I was hoping for one year with all 4, so that we can better see what's what. Who stays, who needs to go.

But I can see that for those who feel RJ is a definite star or Randle is a definite liability, it's best to make the move now.

The argument about affording multiple star contracts seems...well, YOU PAY FOR TALENT IN THIS LEAGUE, one way or another.  Assuming for a moment we cop Mitchell to go with Jalen and RJ, absent Julius, if a "superstar" comes on the market, and we make a run at them, we pay for that much as, if not more than, we pay for Julius. 

Also, it would seem a fairly good idea to rebuild Julius' value, so that the "selling price" resembles 2020-21 rather than 2021-22. 

The feeding frenzy regading dumping Julius before he has even had a chance to take the court in a presumably NEW offensive look chaired by an actual factual PG....Jalen Brunson--seems rather self-immolating to me, the legit arguments in favor of dispensing with the contractual commitments to JR & Fournier notwithstanding. 

And yes, opting out of Julius would certainly have a ripple effect, opening up significant minutes for Sims at the 5, Hartenstein at the 5 & Stretch 4, Obi at the 4, Feron Hunt at the 3-4, and Cam at the 2-3-4.  BUT ARE ANY OF THEM Significantly BETTER THAN JULIUS? 

And, assuming for a moment that a deal for Donovan does not materialize, and we stand pat, the absence of Burks opens up more minutes not only for RJ and Grimes, but Fournier and Reddish. 

And speaking for myself, I would really like to see Derek Rose play 2022-23 with Brunson, Quickley and McBride.  Team option for 2023-24, so there goes his $14 million cap hit.  What Jalen and our fellow puppies could glean from practicing with him is invaluable, let alone providing Thibs with a veteran security blanket. 

PS: Donovan due 30-32-34-37 over the next four years, 2025-2026 a player option. 

PPS:  Our current contractual obligations, which would suggest the possibility RJ signs for Julius/Jalen money or something south of Donovan money

Julius: 23-25-27-29 [final season player option, plus contract has a 15% trade kicker]

Fournier: 18-18-19 [final season team option]

Mitchell: 17-15-14-13 [fully guaranteed]

Anyway, y'all, BusyBusyBusy, keepin' all reet in the mid summer heat with naught to compete as we beat on our meats 'til summer's complete and training camp beckons with the promise of further defeats in the fall of fresh expectations...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 02:08:47 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1623 1624 [1625] 1626 1627 ... 1861