Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 [1627] 1628 1629 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1075286 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24390 on: July 24, 2022, 02:14:30 PM »

I hope that is as high as our front office will contemplate going and that Ainge turns them down.

If Danny wants to rebuild he can do it around Donavan who after all is only 25 years old.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24391 on: July 24, 2022, 04:07:09 PM »

I hope that is as high as our front office will contemplate going and that Ainge turns them down.

If Danny wants to rebuild he can do it around Donavan who after all is only 25 years old.

Word.

Think Thibs would think about givng minutes to Obi at SF next to Julius and MItchell?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24392 on: July 24, 2022, 04:07:21 PM »

Nets

Wiggin and Poole to go with Simmons and whatever Nets can get for Kyrie (THT plus?)

Send KD and Kyrie  out - get it done already

Shame - the focus now will be most on not getting Durant to where he wants to go (PHX, GS) rather than on the best haul for Tsai's own team
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Summer In The City
« Reply #24393 on: July 25, 2022, 03:09:19 PM »

May God bless and keep you always, May your wishes all come true, May you always do for others And let others do for you. May you build a ladder to the stars And climb on every rung, May you stay forever young.

Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24394 on: July 25, 2022, 04:20:03 PM »

The sticking point on the player side of the deal is probably the hold up.

The Jazz are likely asking for the moon. But realistically the Knicks can't trade their two best young players outside RJ (OBI and Grimes) in the same trade.

If you send Grimes to Utah, then Ainge can't have OBI and IQ
If you send OBI and IQ to Utah, then Ainge can't have Grimes

Ainge probably wants Grimes the most.  He has the most years left on his rookie deal and he can fit in with his shooting and defense.

---

If Ainge has a real hard-on for Grimes then I would construct a deal where we give up fewer of our own unprotected assets.

Evan+Rose+Grimes+Deuce
2 Unprotected FRPs
2 of our 3 FRPs from other teams.

Ainge gets a very good (more cost effective than Herro, and he plays D) young player, 2 very juicy unprotected picks, and 2 other protected picks.

If he wants more picks then i'm pulling back Grimes.  That's how it works.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 04:44:21 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24395 on: July 25, 2022, 05:39:05 PM »

Sam Quinn  SamQuinnCBS
Screw it, here are my predictions
Kevin Durant for Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, two unprotected picks and one swap.
Kyrie Irving and Buddy Hield to the Lakers, Russell Westbrook and the 2029 1st to Indiana, Talen Horton Tucker, the 2027 first and two 2nds to Brooklyn

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24396 on: July 25, 2022, 05:44:05 PM »

The Jazz are likely asking for the moon. But realistically the Knicks can't trade their two best young players outside RJ,  meaning OBI and Grimes, in the same trade.

If you send Grimes to Utah, then Ainge cant have OBI and IQ
If you send OBI and IQ to Utah, then Ainge cant have Grimes

Ainge probably wants Grimes the most.  He has the most years left on his rookie deal and he can fit in with his shooting and defense.

Good post.

Weekend host on FAN seems to think Ainge just plays the waiting game.  I tend to agree as there arent other moves waiting for Jazz to make - so no real rush.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24397 on: July 25, 2022, 05:49:21 PM »

Evanplus Rose plus Grimes plus Deuce
2 Unprotected FRPs
2 of our 3 FRPs from other teams

Fair

But I think he wants more picks to move in other deals.

chipstern

• View Profile
Summer In The City, THE CONTINUING SAGA
« Reply #24398 on: July 25, 2022, 05:52:17 PM »

The Jazz are likely asking for the moon. But realistically the Knicks can't trade their two best young players outside RJ (OBI and Grimes) in the same trade.

If you send Grimes to Utah, then Ainge can't have OBI and IQ
If you send OBI and IQ to Utah, then Ainge can't have Grimes

---

If Ainge has a real hard-on for Grimes then I would construct a deal where we give up fewer of our own unprotected assets.

Evan+Rose+Grimes+Deuce
2 Unprotected FRPs
2 of our 3 FRPs from other teams.

Ainge gets a very good (more cost effective than Herro, and he plays D) young player, 2 very juicy unprotected picks, and 2 other protected picks.

If he wants more picks then i'm pulling back Grimes.  That's how it works.

Yup. 

We have the '6'4" combo guard Rokas Jokubaitis [our #34 pick in 2021] stashed in Spain, and he could come over to be worked in behind Brunson in 2023-24.  His issue for 2022-23 was playing time in a Knicks rotation.  Knicks POV was not to rush Rokas, and give him another year to ripen on the vine. 

OBIVOUSLY, if the Knicks pull off the trade you propope, Kamiar, Mitchell joins Brunson and Quickley in a Triage of Point Guard/Combo Guard depth.  ALL THREE ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING EFFECTVELY BOTH ON AND OFF THE BALL.  Based on last season, Mitchell is good for 26 ppg, 4 boards and 5 assists a game based on 20 shots per, while IQ is roughly 11-3-3.5 in 23 minutes, and Jalen roughly 16-4-5 during the 2021-22 regular season, though his playoff stats of 21.6-4.6-3.7 are probably closer to what we might expect, save that the lower assists numbers are more a reflection of his taking roughly 17 shots a game functioning more as a scoring option than a facilitator or second option, when he took roughly half the number of shots [9.6] during the gregular season, because Luka as the Big Dawg was hoisting 21.6 shots per game, you dig? 

I think what you propose is a fair, generous offer.  I don't think any of us is psyched about giving up Grimes.  Rose & Conley are nice trading pieces and PG platoon while the Jazz wait on Harper and McBride to develop, while Grimes steps right into Mitchell's minutes and Fournier gives them a good big SF/SG wing for two years, or more trade options. 

Not sure Ainge agrees.  In lieu of ponying up IQ or Obi in addition to Grimeds and McBride, at least another of the protected #1 picks we gleaned in this summer's draft, some of of our remaining stockpile of #2s, some pickp swapping, would constitute a good offer. 

Ainge is looking for a CRAZY OFFER. 

Brock Aller & Scott Perry & Walt Perrin [long time Jazz draft guru] are clearly not buying into the media pressure or buying into Ainge's Tradever Vic mystique. Clearly they are prepared to wait Ainge out, and let the other bidders come to the table.  Miami could offer Herro and Robinson, but not our draft capital, and Herro is due a qualifying offer next summer and he is going to want to be paid, while Robinson is due roughly $17-18-19-20, with the final year a player option, a twice the guaranteed years of Fournier, and Robinson is already 28. 

C: Robinson, Sims
PF-C: Randle, Hartenstein
SF-PF: Toppin, Hunt
SG-SF: Barrett, Reddish, Keels
PG-SG: Brunson, Mitchell, Quickley

That would consitute a pretty nice 10-man rotation, with a total of TWELVE players, including our Two-Way contracts, Hunt & Keels. 

I just did a REAL GM Scenario where I amended your trade to bring back Patrick Beverley, though he cannot be included in a trade until September 6, as he was just dealt.  Would give us a defensive stalwart on an expiring contract, more coverage at PG/SG, and a snarky competitive presence that would play well at the Garden and with Coach Thibs--PB has been a reserve PG playing 22-27 mpg over the paste four seasons. 

Anyway, just a thought.  Trade numbers work either way as a 1-for-4 [or a 2-4] with Mitchell FOR Fournier-Rose-Grimes-McBride. 

Beverley would nicely round out a 13 man rotation. 

Who would consistute 14 & 15 among our summer league, Westchester or remaining free agents?

I know Carmelo's name has been floated, with or without Beverley.  LaMarcus Aldrdige is still out there.  Blake Griffin.  Jabari Parker.  Josh Jackson. 

Given the possible 10-man rotation, and the presence of our two-way pups, Melo would actually make some sense to fill Taj's vet mentor role and to challenge Julius, Obi, Reddish, Hunt and RJ in practice.  He put up 13.3-4.2-1.0 while convertng FTs at a .830% clip and knocking down 149-397 treys in 26.0 minutes per game [.375%] which is quite respectable. 

Anyway, spitballing on a hot summer's day, with no basketball to ponder, and NFL training camp on the horizon, and your trade ruminations got me to thinking. 

More or less...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:01:35 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24399 on: July 25, 2022, 06:04:06 PM »

Evanplus Rose plus Grimes plus Deuce
2 Unprotected FRPs
2 of our 3 FRPs from other teams

Fair

But I think he wants more picks to move in other deals.

Yup

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24400 on: July 25, 2022, 06:08:53 PM »

Sam Quinn  SamQuinnCBS
Screw it, here are my predictions
Kevin Durant for Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, two unprotected picks and one swap.
Kyrie Irving and Buddy Hield to the Lakers, Russell Westbrook and the 2029 1st to Indiana, Talen Horton Tucker, the 2027 first and two 2nds to Brooklyn

I think the likelihood of Sean Marks going with either of those registered charity scenarios is pretty remote

NO ONE is lining up to bail out the fucking Lakers.  Held AND Irving for Westbrook, THT and a single 2027 #1?  Indy has Haliburton.  Why would they want an unhappy Westbrook on the pine?  And the Nyets do Kyrie a solid for THT and a #1 FIVE fucking years in the future? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24401 on: July 25, 2022, 06:10:33 PM »

I also think Jazz are a better TEAM after getting Herro and Robinson - and this isnt what they want

Tank City be Salt Lake for '22-3.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24402 on: July 25, 2022, 06:26:07 PM »

I also think Jazz are a better TEAM after getting Herro and Robinson - and this isnt what they want

Tank City be Salt Lake for '22-3.

Grimes is arguably a CHEAPER option in the short term, and potentially more IMPACTFUL in the short term. 

I wouldn't count Riley out for either Mitchell OR Durant, but he would have to pony up Adaboyo to make the Nyets blink, and doesn't have the draft capital to tempt the Jazz. 

TANK MODE for the Jazz? 

A distinct possibility. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24403 on: July 25, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »

Lets hear that BEVERLEY deal if we dont get Mitchell.  Surely we use McBride in that one, no?  Any big targets after Mitchell?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24404 on: July 26, 2022, 04:00:37 PM »

Program note - see Bronny James tonight  9:30 ESPN
Pages: 1 ... 1625 1626 [1627] 1628 1629 ... 1852