Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1079384 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25080 on: October 07, 2022, 03:33:18 PM »

Number three definitely. My lawyers and agency say that is fully binding on your end. Just waiting for you to be put in charge of personnel decisions, Los.

Hunt has the talent and play style that works. I have watched four full games against pros I have a league context for where he has gotten decent burn. I want Cam to get run, but first he needs to get right and should build himself up to get more robust. If a player is being folded back into your rotation it is almost always best to start on the reserve side before displacing a starter.

The other choice would be Evan. Hunt does more for us on the floor with length, rim pressure, and cutting and I like Ev torching second units rather than being overmatched by fitter wings.

chipstern

• View Profile
Brunson
« Reply #25081 on: October 07, 2022, 08:45:40 PM »

Underpaid.

chipstern

• View Profile
Julius AND Obi
« Reply #25082 on: October 07, 2022, 10:07:06 PM »

Even split of minutes.

Julius, 15-8-4

Obi, what, 24, 4-7 from trey, a nice drive to the hoop, some insane dunks,  and decent D. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:09:35 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25083 on: October 07, 2022, 10:13:53 PM »

Doing what we aught to against cream puffs in preseason. Good signs but let us not get to crazy about it yet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25084 on: October 07, 2022, 10:15:54 PM »

Doing what we aught to against cream puffs in preseason. Good signs but let us not get to crazy about it yet.

Indy has some good players.

They were up after one.

We really took it to them in the second quarter.

PS: That Ukranian cat can really shoot. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:18:08 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25085 on: October 07, 2022, 10:38:15 PM »

I fail to see how we trade up, least ways, the price of the Top 3 would seem...daunting.

Yet when I ask if we should offer Knox and/or Frank in a trade up....

crickets.

Maybe because they are so young, and it seems, based on incomplete evidence, a little early to pull the plug, when a new coaching staff and a fresh look awaits.  And really, outside of the Top 3, who has significantly more upside than Knox AND Ntilikina?  Both?  You would.  I would not.   Ball being the prize, right?  Seriously.  Do you think Minny or GS or Charlotte bite?

Blast from the past, as we discussed the upcoming Toppin draft

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25086 on: October 07, 2022, 10:47:09 PM »

Fwiw, Draftnet has Knix taking Avidja at #8, with Vassell going 9.
I'd be happy if we had a choice of those two.

Halliburton has been getting buzz the past week or so, and thy have DET taking him at #7. 

They also have Tre Jones, Malachi Flynn and Cassius Winston all going after our #38 2nd rounder.  Kira Lewis at 26, one spot ahead of our pick, so in our range.

QUICKLEY of Kentucky is a nice player - and Payton Pritchard falling to 45 is a joke.

OKORO or ACHIUWA would be the others I consider at 8 with Avdija the way that mock plays....

and of course a trade down with a look at ANTHONY is also wise.

LEON, what say you?

yep - first forum mention of Immanuel

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Someone please
« Reply #25087 on: October 08, 2022, 01:00:36 AM »

Give some praise to Chamaco for his almost infinite prescience.
He is really fishing for it.
Have mercy of Chamaco, do not let your stone hearts make you indifferent to his sorry plight.
Fac? Doggie? Chip?
Wont you show some mercy to poor Chamaco?

PS. Chamaco, what happened to your Aileen Cannon?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:06:44 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: October 08, 2022, 10:33:41 AM »

So...

Knicks need backcourt talent and we are critiquing Bulls for adding Ball and DeRozen?

heh

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Rumor ville and conjecture city
« Reply #25089 on: October 08, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
ThreadOK, I have a theory. I don't know if the Knicks will wind up able to do it, but the math checks out.

You know the report of a potential Reggie Bullock S&T? It's possible that it was for Jalen Brunson but I don't think it was. I think the Knicks are trying to create a TPE (1/9)
5:45 PM ·

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
35m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
For those who don't know, a Traded Player Exception (TPE) is a way for over-the-cap teams to exceed the salary cap. Last year, Boston "traded" Gordon Hayward into Charlotte's cap space and received a big TPE. They could then absorb salary without needing trades to match (2/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
33m
The Mavs are signing Bullock to 3/$30.5M, which is very close to signing for a three-year MLE. The Mavs are also gaining a $10.8M TPE for dumping Richardson into Boston's TPE. Signing Bullock via the MLE would still give the Mavs their TPE to use over the next 365 days (3/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
TPEs can only be used for trades and S&Ts. Thus, the Bullock S&T rumor. Dallas may prefer to S&T Bullock into their TPE and then spend the MLE on someone like Schroder or Jackson or any player they believe they can sign and help. #acronyms

However, there's an issue... (4/9)

The Richardson trade hasn't been made official yet, so the Mavs don't actually have their TPE to use. Bullock's salary could slide right into that TPE, but with the TPE being held up because no trade has been finalized, the Mavs are likely stuck. This leads us to the Knicks (5/9)
5:50 PM · Aug 4, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
You can't keep a TPE if you're under the cap. The Knicks will no longer be under the cap now that they're signing Kemba Walker. But in order to sign Kemba, they have to clear Bullock's cap hold. This could render a S&T pointless, unless the Knicks can get a 2nd round pick (6/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
30m
Or, the Knicks could do something else. They could keep Bullock's cap hold on the books + dump Kevin Knox's salary elsewhere (OKC?).

Knox's salary = $5.85M
Bullock's cap hold = $5.46M

They're similar. Too similar. Then factor in that Knox won't see PT in NY? No brainer (7/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
21m
Richardson trade with Boston finally goes through. Knicks dump Knox, keep Bullock's cap hold, sign all their free agents, and extend Rose with his EBR.

Now over the salary cap, the Knicks trade Bullock into the Mavs' TPE. It likely gives NY a TPE of $4.68M (8/9)

Could have had Brunson cheaper but Leon wanted to keep Chip's precious draft picks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: October 08, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »

Loving the Obi vibe at the Garden

Still believe in Julius but could be an interesting year for him.  How he handles any perceived adversity could affect where he eventually lands.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25091 on: October 08, 2022, 06:42:03 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
ThreadOK, I have a theory. I don't know if the Knicks will wind up able to do it, but the math checks out.

You know the report of a potential Reggie Bullock S&T? It's possible that it was for Jalen Brunson but I don't think it was. I think the Knicks are trying to create a TPE (1/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
35m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
For those who don't know, a Traded Player Exception (TPE) is a way for over-the-cap teams to exceed the salary cap. Last year, Boston "traded" Gordon Hayward into Charlotte's cap space and received a big TPE. They could then absorb salary without needing trades to match (2/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
33m
The Mavs are signing Bullock to 3/$30.5M, which is very close to signing for a three-year MLE. The Mavs are also gaining a $10.8M TPE for dumping Richardson into Boston's TPE. Signing Bullock via the MLE would still give the Mavs their TPE to use over the next 365 days (3/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
TPEs can only be used for trades and S&Ts. Thus, the Bullock S&T rumor. Dallas may prefer to S&T Bullock into their TPE and then spend the MLE on someone like Schroder or Jackson or any player they believe they can sign and help. #acronyms

The Richardson trade hasn't been made official yet, so the Mavs don't actually have their TPE to use. Bullock's salary could slide right into that TPE, but with the TPE being held up because no trade has been finalized, the Mavs are likely stuck. This leads us to the Knicks (5/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
You can't keep a TPE if you're under the cap. The Knicks will no longer be under the cap now that they're signing Kemba Walker. But in order to sign Kemba, they have to clear Bullock's cap hold. This could render a S&T pointless, unless the Knicks can get a 2nd round pick (6/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
30m
Or, the Knicks could do something else. They could keep Bullock's cap hold on the books + dump Kevin Knox's salary elsewhere (OKC?).

Knox's salary = $5.85M

They're similar. Too similar. Then factor in that Knox won't see PT in NY? No brainer (7/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
21m
Richardson trade with Boston finally goes through. Knicks dump Knox, keep Bullock's cap hold, sign all their free agents, and extend Rose with his EBR.

Now over the salary cap, the Knicks trade Bullock into the Mavs' TPE. It likely gives NY a TPE of $4.68M (8/9)

Could have had Brunson cheaper but Leon wanted to keep Chip's precious draft picks.

It is not your money...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25092 on: October 08, 2022, 08:08:14 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
35m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
33m

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
30m

Knox's salary = $5.85M

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
21m

It is not your money...

Kiid has some curious priorities.

PS: Chip's precious draft picks?  Heh.  Clearly a proponent of classic Knicks strategy of eating our young and burning draft picks.  But then, a fan of Scott Layden  and Scotty Sterling.

chipstern

• View Profile
Progress [Trust The Process]
« Reply #25093 on: October 09, 2022, 04:50:03 AM »

JALEN BRUNSON

The Real Deal

Relaxing everyone on the floor.  Julius still makes me cringe when he hoists threes, but is faciltating, looking out for R.J. and going to the rack with some force, as befits a mass of muscle not located between his ears.   

JALEN is setting the tone.  SETTING AN EXAMPLE

For instance: 9-9 from the FT line.  Knicks as a team were 27-28 against Indiana.

Hello.  Trust we've heard the last of the Donovan Mitchell bleatings.  And we still have R.J, IQ, Obi and Grimes.  HELLO

A SURFEIT OF POINT GUARDS

Brunson, Rose, Quickley, McBride [Arcidiacano?] 

Interesting that at one point Thibs had IQ, Deuce, Rose, Obi and Hartenstein out on the floor at the same time.

Deuce still needs work on his shot and shot selection, but I waited the better part of a year to see him nail a pair of consecutive three pointers

CHEMISTRY

R.J. and Julius

CHEMISTRY

IQ and Obi

THREE HEADED CENTER

Mitchell [19], IH [16], Jericho [13]

Looks like Jericho WILL get some burn

CAM

Struggling with his shot, but Thibs held out hope if not a gift basket to him in his post-game, talking of
doing some other things well. 

DEUCE

Has clearly gotten coach's attention.  Tough.  A Pest.  Thibs brushed off the intimation that there was no room for Deuce in his rotation. 

R.J.

Playing like he is part of a BIG THREE.  Still needs to work on his midrange game and shots off the bounce, but his three looks good, and so far has been hitting his FTs. 

JULIUS

Need to dial in his jumper if he is going to keep lauching threes, but he looks focused.

OBI

Thibs has been very even steven about divving up minutes at the PF spot, and notes how Obi has a ways to go on defense, but acknowledged his improvement, and spoke of the pace he has been playing with.  Like Hahn said, you want minutes?  DEMAND THEM. 

THIBS

We'll see how his rotations shake out in the real season, but reasons to be hopeful, and you can see he has the troops' on the same page.  CONTINUITY & CHEMISTRY & CORE OF YOUTH.  We are defending better and playing with more pace, certainly his coach on the floor, Brunson, letting us see another side of TT. 

Hey, Detroit and Indiana AIN'T MEMPHIS, so there's that.  But we seem to be progressing. 

BEST TRADES ARE OFTEN THE ONES YOU DO NOT MAKE

Heh

POSTSCRIPTS

Keels and Hunt look headed for Westchester. 

Mykhailiuk has nice size at 6'7" and can really fucking shoot.  Arcidiacono too, who also has that connection with Brunson.  If I were a betting man, I'd say they are front runners, though Hunt offers additional size, athleticism AND depth at PF and SF.  Remains to be seen how Cam progresses and if Thibs feels comfortable penciling him in at SF-SG-PF. 

Harris and Jeffries have skills to reccommend them as well. 

Interesting decisions afoot for the final two spots. 

C: Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims
PF: Randle, Toppin
SF: RJ, Reddish
SG: Fournier, Grimes, Mykhailiuk
PG: Brunson, IQ, Rose, McBride, Arcidiacono
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 04:53:51 AM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: October 10, 2022, 02:55:58 AM »

I might go with Svi and Archi over Harris and Jefferies at this point, and I really like Jefferies.

We are getting into very situational waters here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1671 1672 [1673] 1674 1675 ... 1853