Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1019142 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
PJ Washington & JH
« Reply #27015 on: August 14, 2023, 04:00:59 PM »

Facil, your dream date PJ wants $20 million per.

Charlotte stonewalling.

Cleveland has shown some interest, but no movement.

Meanwhile, James Harden, having baiiled on the Rockets and Nets, is bailing on Philly.  Stand up guy.  Problem is, if he doesn't report, in his jump year, he will not be able to sign as a FA with any team this year, OR NEXT SUMMER.  Clippers were unwilling to pay a King's ransome for JH, and Udoka in Houston said N-O to bringing this no-team player on to his young squad.  Not well played, James.  Hasta La Vista. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 07:06:03 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27016 on: August 14, 2023, 07:37:52 PM »

Nate Knight might make me not care. Roby might do it as well and he is on a regular contract.

20 mil is pretty close to right for PJ. He is a solid dynamic starter in this league. Definitely worth Hart money over the same timeframe.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27017 on: August 14, 2023, 11:28:09 PM »

Nate Knight might make me not care. Roby might do it as well and he is on a regular contract.

20 mil is pretty close to right for PJ. He is a solid dynamic starter in this league. Definitely worth Hart money over the same timeframe.

Bringing in Roby and Knight, a couple of hungry 6'8" meat eaters, to compete against each other for 12-15 minutes a night behind Julius?

Well thought out. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 11:30:29 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27018 on: August 15, 2023, 03:27:34 AM »

Jarice Walker is about to become my favorite player. Sucks he is on the Pacers. I just hope they try to fuck around with his money in a couple of years.

I think we should work a buyout with Evan and look at using the trade exception we got from the Toppin deal to lure in a useful vet.

It will not get us PJ, but it will get us something.

There are still some useful guys out there.

Anthony Lamb, Weynen Gabriel and Stanley Johnson can all be had that way. Any one of those is probably an upgrade over our boy Jefferies who I like. We would not have to let anyone go but Fournier to do it.

If I were to pick one, I would go for Johnson. Last year it looked like he has put it together as a player.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:35:40 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27019 on: August 15, 2023, 10:14:03 PM »

What is the current line for KP on games played?

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27020 on: August 16, 2023, 07:26:01 PM »

What is the current line for KP on games played?

Plantar fasciitis

Debilitating condition

Can sneak up on you

They are going to regret signing KP and trading Marcus

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27021 on: August 17, 2023, 01:49:09 AM »

Sims is fully guaranteed for next season.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27022 on: August 17, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »

I would expect to see Thibs relax his rotation rigidity to find minutes at C/PF for Sims and PG for McBride.

I believe part of TT's motivation for a strict 9-Man is that he no
longer trusted and thus had no motivationn to give Reddish, Rose or Fournier minutes save for emergency. 

Ergo, his love for Rose notwithstanding, after Brunson his priorities were Quickley and McBride
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:21:30 AM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27023 on: August 18, 2023, 05:13:17 AM »

James Harden for Zach Lavine works and does not clearly make either team better or worse. Philly would have to send a pick or two with James because of the barrel they are now over.

I am not sure there is any easier deal.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27024 on: August 19, 2023, 01:44:35 PM »

James Harden for Zach Lavine works and does not clearly make either team better or worse. Philly would have to send a pick or two with James because of the barrel they are now over.

I am not sure there is any easier deal.

Why would  Bulls trade Lavine for Harden.  Younger man, in his prime, for an aging prick. 

Why not try fobbing off  Fournier  to the Heat for Duncan Robinson, for that  matter.

PS: Josh Hart with an incredibly impactful effort without scoring a point. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 03:18:05 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27025 on: August 19, 2023, 06:27:18 PM »

LaVine is a bum. Harden with any kind of supporting cast might at least get you to the second round and you are paying DeRozan and Vucavic so you might as well try to sniff the playoffs and picks from Philly might be valuable along with no longer having to pay LaVine who does not have a great history either staying healthy or winning as many points as he puts up and as fun as he is to watch. Harden also lets you play Pat Williams the way you want Pat Williams to play and Harden will be playing for his Rep and a contract.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27026 on: August 20, 2023, 11:38:45 AM »

Harden is about Harden

Period

Wanted out of Houston, Brooklyn, now Philly.  Great talent.  Shifty commitment.  Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Brunson
CP3

Those are winning players.

If I am the Bulls, keeping Lavine over Harden is a no brainer

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27027 on: August 20, 2023, 12:08:24 PM »

At the risk of repeating myself.

"OH, THE KNICKS NEED TO GET SUPERSTAR"

What the fuck is Jalen  Brunson

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27028 on: August 20, 2023, 12:09:12 PM »

Meanwhile, everyone pisses on RJ, because he is an underachiever still growing into his body and maturing his game and perfecting shooting.

An underachiever basically coming off two seasons of 20ppg, 6 boards and 3 assists.

Thus fair weather friends demean him and amateur GMs include him in every let's give away half the team for Paul George, Zach Lavine, Donovan Mitchell.

RJ is a man on a mission.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27029 on: August 20, 2023, 12:10:38 PM »

And don't get me started on Julius, that bum who gives you 25 points, 10 boards, 5 assists a night.

"Oh, he didn't show up in the playoffs against Miami."

FUCK YOU.

Julius gutted his way through the playoffs on an ankle which required serious off season surgery.
Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 1852