Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1062883 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3285 on: January 01, 2019, 10:52:31 PM »

Plumlee just used a pick and roll to dunk the ball on Kanter.

DON"T effin tell me that  he woulda done squat vs Gobert.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Viva la Franc
« Reply #3286 on: January 01, 2019, 11:08:12 PM »

There's really no reason to have a G league affiliate if you're going to say no rookie  or 2nd year guy should go there.

Positions don't have to be absolutes.
I don't think it would be good for Franc.
He was a pro back in France.  He seems sensitive.
His confidence seems to ebb and flow in games.
I could see the G-League sapping not strengthening him.
Also his game -- not a big scorer, I think you'd have to leave him in Westchester for a month or more to really get results.

Also, the purpose of West-Knix is to evaluate some marginal talent, monitor some potential guys and spread the Knick brand.  I don't think anyone had a problem with Kornet in W-Knickland.  Hardaway needed a fire lit under his posterior an to take his ego down a peg -- and still it was a risk. 

As for Bropez, he was coming off a poor year in LA.  And lots of guys took one year deals as the market was tight, hoping to cash in this Summer when more teams had more money.  I don't think you'll see Kant or too many guys taking one year deals this Summer.  unless that becomes the new normal, or at the end of FA after the money has dried up.  But I think the rash of 1 year deals was mostly a one-time thing.  A 3/$18M for a backup C of Kant's level seems like a bargain to me.  Hell, that's what we'll be paying Noah the next two years.  But  think Kant will get a closer to $10M deal from someone else.  There is a C glut leaguewide and a number of teams have bad C deals on their books and might be shy.  We'll see.  Don't forget the MLE is now $8.5M (or so)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: January 01, 2019, 11:19:08 PM »

Hardaway Jr was out of bounds when Jokic saved the ball.  So Jokic threw the ball back and hit a guy who was out of bounds.  That should be Knick ball, no?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: January 01, 2019, 11:20:57 PM »

There's really no reason to have a G league affiliate if you're going to say no rookie  or 2nd year guy should go there.
As for Bropez, he was coming off a poor year in LA.  And lots of guys took one year deals as the market was tight, hoping to cash in this Summer when more teams had more money.  I don't think you'll see Kant or too many guys taking one year deals this Summer.  unless that becomes the new normal, or at the end of FA after the money has dried up.  But I think the rash of 1 year deals was mostly a one-time thing.  A 3/$18M for a backup C of Kant's level seems like a bargain to me.  Hell, that's what we'll be paying Noah the next two years.  But  think Kant will get a closer to $10M deal from someone else.  There is a C glut leaguewide and a number of teams have bad C deals on their books and might be shy.  We'll see.  Don't forget the MLE is now $8.5M (or so)

From a basketball standpoint... what in the hell do you see in Kanter?  His skills are not worth what you posit.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: January 01, 2019, 11:23:45 PM »

Hardaway Jr was out of bounds when Jokic saved the ball.  So Jokic threw the ball back and hit a guy who was out of bounds.  That should be Knick ball, no?

No.
That means Tim touched it while out of bounds.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: January 01, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »

I don't think it would be good for Franc.
He was a pro back in France.  He seems sensitive.
His confidence seems to ebb and flow in games.of Kant's level seems like a bargain to me.  Hell, that's what we'll be paying Noah the next two years.  But  think

The G League is also made of pros.  You see it as some type of stigma and that's a defeatist perspective.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: January 01, 2019, 11:26:51 PM »

Courtney Lee volunteered to play a game in the G League to knock off some rust and develop a second wind.

Was he made fun of?  No longer a pro?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: January 01, 2019, 11:32:10 PM »

Frank doesn't need a single G league minute.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: January 01, 2019, 11:54:38 PM »

From a basketball standpoint... what in the hell do you see in Kanter?  His skills are not worth what you posit.

Kant has great hands, rebounds well, can score around the rim, can beast smaller less active fools.  Also plays chumpy D, doesn't pass.
$6M would be a bargain.  He could beats 2nd units.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: January 02, 2019, 01:03:19 AM »

Kant has great hands, rebounds well, can score around the rim, can beast smaller less active fools.  Also plays chumpy D, doesn't pass.
$6M would be a bargain.  He could beats 2nd units.

OK but he's not the only NBA player who can do those things.  Why are we so in love with "rebounds well can score at the rim" the game isn't about the rim anymore unless you can defend the rim ....

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: January 02, 2019, 01:05:00 AM »

Frank doesn't need a single G league minute.

DNP-coaches decisions are better.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kanter comparison
« Reply #3296 on: January 02, 2019, 01:07:34 AM »

The Detroit Pistons had the luxury of Corliss Williamson on their 2nd unit and he did indeed beast fools.

But the Pistons were a championship team.

We have needs, can't afford to carry a guy on the bench for one specific archaic skill.

Also i don't think is makes sense... if your plan is to be a running and 3pt shooting team... to have your second unit play a totally different halfcourt style.

We don't feature Kanter as a post up guy as much as last season.  Plays aren't run for him to be the scorer. So his scoring around the rim is limited to putbacks.

Maybe you can make the counter that we are mis-using him.  And should run more plays for him.  But as long a Fiz is here.... aint gonna work.

And oh yeah... Kanter has expressed severe displeasure at being a 2nd unit man.  Sowing the seeds of discord.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:12:31 AM by Kam »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: January 02, 2019, 04:19:23 AM »

O-boards are valuable, rebounds are good, scoring at a 55% clip is good.  Kant could post up more especially v. 2nd unit C's. 

It's simple: Kant fills a void this year.  This Summer we are unlikely to bring him back unless it's at a reduced rate and he's willing to accept a reduced role.

So we, and more to the point he, will wait to see what the market is for his services.  It's all not an issue right now.  Kant is basically our default starting C.  Unless you think Kornet is going to start the rest of the year.   Maybe carve out a genuine 2nd unit with a strong Kanter role so he can see how he'd be used next year.  Craw cried about a bench role as a Knick and it went on to define his career.

Yeah, it'd be better if Kant sucked it up and didn't complain.  Especially since almost every Knick but Tim has been in and out of the starting lineup, and most get a 2nd chance and have made the best of it.  Which is why I very much expect Framc to get another starting run, expecially after KZ is back.  This is a development/evaluation year.

Kant is a rather odd minor element to fixate on ....
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: January 02, 2019, 04:25:07 AM »

When I was watching the 2nd half in blur-o-vision, I saw Mud miss 2 out of 3 layups.  The only one he made was when he head-faked 3 defenders into thinking he was pulling the ball back out and then cleverly drive to the rim uncontested.  Missed a layup at 2:20 and again around 0:30.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: January 02, 2019, 04:34:45 AM »

Malik Beasley looked good.  Has been on a nice run lately.
last time I saw DEN, Monte Morris looked terrific.
His shooting has cooled but he's averaging almost 5 assist lately.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1852