Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1062862 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4095 on: February 02, 2019, 01:56:30 PM »

I'd rather have one all-star (KZ) and try to lure a 2nd via FA.  Rather than have none and hope to lure two together.  Seems we're counting a lot on Kyrie being buds with these other guys.  Who knows, maybe agent chatter favors us.  Or maybe KZ's recovery is not as good as hoped.  There's possibly stuff we're not privy to, but otoh it's usually impressive how much leaks out all the time.

I'd just note that right now Kyrie and KD, Butler and Kawhi are all in much better spots and on better teams than what the Knix will be next year even if NYK adds any two of those guys.  Look at their rosters and compare to ours.  AD is the exception as NOPe has a middling team.  It's possible Knix get lucky.  Kyrie is a bit of an oddball, so he seems to be the major wildcard out there.   Otherwise, I think counting on getting Zion with the 14% lotto chance is pretty fanciful.

Fwiw, Zach Lowe had this to say about the KZ/bro threat:
"By the way: I'll believe Porzingis takes his one-year qualifying offer when I see it. Pure posturing."
He's obviously more in the know than Bo, and he also thinks it smacks of total BS.

Maybe part of the Knix problem is Dolan ... has been ... too uninvolved.  He let Phil talk KZ trades.  He let PerryMills trade KZ for cap space.  Old days, I'd wager Dolan would have said that KZ is untouchable.  Like when he stepped in to secure Melo.  Dolan knows the allure of star power in NYC.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: February 02, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »

I think the Knix have far more to be concerned with than Kanter's twits ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: February 02, 2019, 01:59:09 PM »

Okay, okay, maybe this is just something I'm telling myself. But I think the current scenario gives us a better chance to land a superstar than the one we had a week ago.

I agree with this. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: February 02, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

The guys who get their raises to play here together very well might not be of the current super-duper-star tier.

One example, Middleton for $25 mil, Portis at $17, and Aminu at $17 million. You have some cap space left to retain your own guys.

Robinson Kornet
Portis Vonleh
Aminu Knox
Middleton Dotson Frank
SmithJr Trier

We’d have 2 draft picks, some wiggle room & future assets to build up from there.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: February 02, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »

Knick fan hero, and self-awareness master, Enes Kanter:

https://twitter.com/Schmeelk/status/1091547675403657216

Does he have people?  Someone needs to tell him to STFU.

two minutes shy of 2 pm and I'm upping the days Hi-Lo to 35.

***I forgot how much y'all hate it when the plantation nigras get uppity
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: February 02, 2019, 02:09:38 PM »

Maybe part of the Knix problem is Dolan ... has been ... too uninvolved.  He let Phil talk KZ trades.  He let PerryMills trade KZ for cap space.  Old days, I'd wager Dolan would have said that KZ is untouchable.  Like when he stepped in to secure Melo.  Dolan knows the allure of star power in NYC.

I think Dolan soured on KZ when he skipped the exit interview.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: February 02, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »

Knick fan hero, and self-awareness master, Enes Kanter:

https://twitter.com/Schmeelk/status/1091547675403657216

Does he have people?  Someone needs to tell him to STFU.

two minutes shy of 2 pm and I'm upping the days Hi-Lo to 35.

***I forgot how much y'all hate it when the plantation nigras get uppity

OH the plantation that pays $18 million?  Sign me up. 
How  much is Enes paying you to carry his jockstrap?

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: February 02, 2019, 02:46:06 PM »

The guys who get their raises to play here together very well might not be of the current super-duper-star tier.

One example, Middleton for $25 mil, Portis at $17, and Aminu at $17 million. You have some cap space left to retain your own guys.

Robinson Kornet
Portis Vonleh
Aminu Knox
Middleton Dotson Frank
SmithJr Trier

We’d have 2 draft picks, some wiggle room & future assets to build up from there.

Portis at $17m over four years is iffy, but I might do it. His usage is entirely inappropriate (he only shoots the ball when he has it, as they say) and he offers nothing otherwise. But he can shoot.

What the hell were you thinking suggesting that for one season???

It's also too much for Aminu. And Middleton shouldn't be the first option.

All in all - I consider this an absolute worst case scenario, barring one where we send out picks for some reason.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: February 02, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »

I kind of like Portishead, but think he's most likely a solid 6th man rather than a starter.  Though haven't seen much of CHI this year.

Isn't he fairly chumpy on D?
$17M?  Didn't we just go through this with Tim*?

Edit: D Real +/- has him 91 of 93 PF's.
No way do I give him $17M per.

Vonleh is an equivalent player and (hopefully) can be had for half that.
One beneficiary of the KZ trade should be Vonleh.  NYK very likely to re-sign him now.  The trade probably just added $2M to his starting price.

* Speaking of Tim, I've been figuring he was due for a hot streak.  Now it'll probably happen once he joins DAL.  Hardaway really had a nice start to the season, and then mostly slumped since October ended.

Knix likely to have a 14% chance at Zion and a 15% chance of signing 2 top FA's.  If we whiff, I wouldn't be surprised if we give out some large one year contracts, in order to fill out the roster, meet the min salary, and take a look at some players.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: February 02, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »

I was surprised when we ditched both Hernancortez and Kuz, both of whom were KZ buds.  Apparently, Willy still a good friend of KZ, in regular contact.

The constant turnover couldn't have helped.  What did we get for Willy anyway?  A 2nd rounder I think, and we've actually used those pretty well lately.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The original Kam(s)ter
« Reply #4105 on: February 02, 2019, 03:26:11 PM »

Kanter has staked out a very dangerous political position (and can't return to Turkey as long as Erdogan and the AKP are in power).  This all to say, that in may way Enes is living in a different and dangerous world in which he is under a lot of stress.

jes sayin'....

And this engenders sympathy from some of the fan base.  Everything he does is about garnering sympathy.  For his plight... either the Knicks are screwing him or Turkey is.  He is the guy who is screwed over and wants everyone to know.

That act gets old.  Just saying.

This coming from the original Anti-Kanter. Really! How many Lire are you getting from Recep? Where do you go to exchange them?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: The original Kam(s)ter
« Reply #4106 on: February 02, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »

Kanter has staked out a very dangerous political position (and can't return to Turkey as long as Erdogan and the AKP are in power).  This all to say, that in may way Enes is living in a different and dangerous world in which he is under a lot of stress.

jes sayin'....

And this engenders sympathy from some of the fan base.  Everything he does is about garnering sympathy.  For his plight... either the Knicks are screwing him or Turkey is.  He is the guy who is screwed over and wants everyone to know.

This coming from the original Anti-Kanter. Really! How many Lire are you getting from Recep? Where do you go to exchange them?

You like his game?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: February 02, 2019, 03:31:15 PM »

I was surprised when we ditched both Hernancortez and Kuz, both of whom were KZ buds.  Apparently, Willy still a good friend of KZ, in regular contact.

The constant turnover couldn't have helped.  What did we get for Willy anyway?  A 2nd rounder I think, and we've actually used those pretty well lately.

I thought it was 2 2nd rounders.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: The original Kam(s)ter
« Reply #4108 on: February 02, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »

jes sayin'....

You like his game?

Recep’s game? NO!

Enes game? YES! He ain’t perfect but, at a reasonable price I’d very much like to keep him. See, I’m one of those (according to Prez-Ike) IGNORANT FANS who value his rebounding and scoring. He just needs to play next to a good defender. And to you, I’d submit that it ain’t his fault somebody gave him a $17 mil contract.

In addition to all that, me and other IGNORANT FANS also appreciate his seeming love for NY and the Knicks and his obvious political bravery. Hey, who wants to join the IGNORANT FAN CLUB?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:48:23 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: February 02, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »

NY has a 86% ( or less chance of NOT  getting Zion)  so talk of him on NY is simply typical wishful thinking.

NY has a beter chance at luring 2 free agents at max salary.  who they may be is a complete unknown and won't be for another 6 months.

If KP asked for a trade then NY did the right thing.  if he didn't then they fucked up.  fairly simple.

i have no faith in NY Management.  that goes from Dolan to Mills to Perry to the coach.  Perhaps KP felt the same way.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:22:59 PM by Nagel »
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1852