Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899903 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4471 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »

It's really Gallo, Ariza, Frye & Wil who could/should have been extended.  But the Knix were always in a hurry and wanted to bring in some big name vet to Win Now.  Never worked.

That's not a great team either.  Never more than a 5 seed and the wheel of mediocrity.

You dont ever know this for sure.  Right coach, right band of teammates.....anything can happen with a team good enough to be a 5.

By the way - why are you doiscounting totally the Fizdale commentary on Porzingis's rehab?

Did Fizz say anything BAD about KP?  He said he was doing only light running. Is that such an insult? 
Could not KP have just posted  "Actually.... here's a photo of me running hard, coach"
"this is #1 bullshit"  They didn't teach that in the Rookie Symposium.   That's a dick move.
You talk to your coach with that mouth?

Or was KZ hoping that other teams would prepare offers for him if he showed his health?

hahaha    -   ya think?

Plan was ALWAYS for Porzingis to PLAY this year.  And to comeback to a team that could make a playoff run.  The TANKING was impossible for him to stomach.

We were tanking because he was hurt.   We wanted him to come back, show he can play and recruit. 

Porzingis never wanted to play this year.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: February 12, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/KnickFilmSchool/status/1095328450385195009

Don't let Lester see this.  He thinks players only develop on winning teams.

There are two possible outcomes when you open your mouth.
You say something that's a lie or you say something incredibly stupid.
Actually three. Both.

I keep my mouth closed whilst typing

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: February 12, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »

It's really Gallo, Ariza, Frye & Wil who could/should have been extended.  But the Knix were always in a hurry and wanted to bring in some big name vet to Win Now.  Never worked.

That's not a great team either.  Never more than a 5 seed and the wheel of mediocrity.

You dont ever know this for sure.  Right coach, right band of teammates.....anything can happen with a team good enough to be a 5.

By the way - why are you doiscounting totally the Fizdale commentary on Porzingis's rehab?

Did Fizz say anything BAD about KP?  He said he was doing only light running. Is that such an insult? 
Could not KP have just posted  "Actually.... here's a photo of me running hard, coach"
"this is #1 bullshit"  They didn't teach that in the Rookie Symposium.   That's a dick move.

Or was KZ hoping that other teams would prepare offers for him if he showed his health?

hahaha    -   ya think?

Plan was ALWAYS for Porzingis to PLAY this year.  And to comeback to a team that could make a playoff run.  The TANKING was impossible for him to stomach.

We were tanking because he was hurt.   We wanted him to come back, show he can play and recruit. 

heh

gonna start calling you MAK...........(backwards ass.....)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: February 12, 2019, 10:14:20 PM »

hahaha    -   ya think?

heh

gonna start calling you MAK...........(backwards ass.....)

ok SSA

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: February 13, 2019, 12:04:40 AM »

Yeah, I'd be pretty dang sure taking the $7M QO was an empty threat (especially given the injury history).
Who takes on a chance on being able to go through life saying: Well, I could have earned another $125M but I took advice from my brother and then blew out my knee again.

You are using your value system on a Latvian.

But even if you are correct and they're all about the money.... why the F did they POSTURE at all?

Fizdale took his wife to LAtvia to meet these fools who, couple months later are commenting "THIS IS #! BULLSHIT" to a Fizdale quote

WHAT HAPPENED?  WHY POSTURE? WHY POST SUCH AN AGGRESSIVE RESPONSE to FIZ?

In my experience, people in post-communist, post-Marxist societies understand the value of wealth accumulation and often have a get it while you can mentality towards money (as you don't know when the opp will no longer be there).  Latvia has been independent for less than 30 years.  His parents lived under the old commie regime.

Latvia in particular is in a somewhat precarious position, as it has a sizeable Russian population in the East, and Russia has used that as an excuse to foment separatism and invade in the cases of Moldova (look up Transnistria)  and Ukraine (Crimea & Donbass) and Georgia (South Ossetia & Abkazia).  Now Latvia is a member of NATO, but does anyone think Trump would go to war with Russia over Latvia?  Even the phrase "go to war with Russia" is mindboggling.  Russia doesn't need more Western sanctions.  But Putin could meddle in Latvia, stir up grievances and encourage separatism, and then use irregular Russian troops to go in and cause trouble (as was done in eastern Ukraine).

I'm getting a little away from KZ, but the moral of the story is accumulate wealth while you can, secure a US green card, and you have contingency plans in case things go awry in your country. 

NATO membership valuable enough, Macedonia just changed its name to get in, and get its protections from Russia (after significant Russian meddling there).  Though they also want to enter the EU as well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: February 13, 2019, 12:19:30 AM »

Fizz going to Latvia is a nice get acquainted gesture, but not much more.

It is a good question why KZ & bro were so down on the Knix.
I laid some grievances out.  Lack of winning, lack of direction, mistreating players, petty disputes with KZ (and others).

I was fine with trading Gallo & Wil for Melo.  We gave up a lot, but got a star player in his prime.  Both turned out to be injury prone, and we sort of knew/suspected that about Gallo.  Though it would have been nice to build around Gallo & Wil.

I'm more bothered by ditching Frye and Ariza for aging vets.
Ariza has had a good long career and never a huge contract.  A 2 way, 3&D glue guy of the type Knix never have.  Very good complementary piece.  Frye has had a solid career.

Extending your rooks provides stability to your roster and direction to your team and a commitment from fans.  Hopefully Knox will remain with us a long time.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: February 13, 2019, 01:13:09 AM »

The Ariza trade was terrible, the Frye move didn't make any sense either. But I've not changed my mind on the Melo deal, still think it was the right move and would have worked had the Knicks been smarter afterwards. So I'm not sweating Gallo or Chandler.

(Just saw Bo said the same!)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:15:15 AM by thebizneverloses »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: February 13, 2019, 01:16:39 AM »

Kam - I'm with you that Janis & KP seemed to have been running their mouth unnecessarily. But I think it would still have been salvageable. I wish had been salvaged. Given the whole situation I can see why the Knicks made the trade and the return is actually pretty good, but the ideal scenario was kiss-and-make-up (unless the Knicks have intel that they're signing two all stars)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: February 13, 2019, 09:24:10 AM »

Ideal scenario was to use KP to deal up to get Dokic.

Only one of us was considering a deal of KP way back then.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: February 13, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »

Updated mock 2/9 (this past Saturday)

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

I dont think we take the #2 Marant now that we have Smith Jr.

Hachimura is at #4......

Likely Knicks go Williamson, Barrett, then if both are gone consider taking Hachi or Fernando, maybe dealing down and getting either of them or a SG.

Not sure I take Reddish at 3 if we drop that low.

For sake of simplicity, top 2 is of course what we seek - and I'd be keeping the player.  Then you can look at/discuss all the AD deals you like using that draft position.  We of course become more willing to deal out of #3 or down for Davis.  Maybe New O likes Marant..

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »

Ideal scenario was to use KP to deal up to get Dokic.

Only one of us was considering a deal of KP way back then.
Was it the same guy who thinks Jimmer Fredette is an NBA player?  Curious minds want to know.     
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: February 13, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »

Fredette has already played five NBA seasons

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: February 13, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »

IS IS IS IS IS IS IS
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: February 13, 2019, 11:10:06 AM »

Updated mock 2/9 (this past Saturday)

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

I dont think we take the #2 Marant now that we have Smith Jr.

Hachimura is at #4......

Likely Knicks go Williamson, Barrett, then if both are gone consider taking Hachi or Fernando, maybe dealing down and getting either of them or a SG.

Not sure I take Reddish at 3 if we drop that low.

For sake of simplicity, top 2 is of course what we seek - and I'd be keeping the player.  Then you can look at/discuss all the AD deals you like using that draft position.  We of course become more willing to deal out of #3 or down for Davis.  Maybe New O likes Marant..

This is a pretty terrible draft site, tbh. There's so much good stuff out there on the draft.

A few quick thoughts:

-These guys don't even have Grant Williams, which is an egregious omission.

-Knicks are not going to consider Rui Hachimura at the #3 or #4 pick, that's absolutely ridiculous. For starters, he's going to be viewed as Kevin Knox but much poorer defensively and much poorer passer (seriously)

-Bruno Fernando as the first 5 off the board and at #7 no less isn't happening

- Garland isn't falling to 15th overall (although I think he has high bust potential, he'll go higher than that. It's a poor draft with no scoring point guard options)

- Jontay isn't likely to fall to the 20s unless his knee is way more wrecked than people know, and this isn't the site that would know that. 

The whole thing is riddled with misleading rankings.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1844