Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915601 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5415 on: April 22, 2019, 01:59:00 PM »

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/washington-wizards/cap/2019/

Wizards

Option on Jabari Parker

Wall, Beal. Howard, Mahinmi...........then wide open.

Crucial to hit on their top ten pick and their FA signings (sounds like NY)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
NBA playoffs
« Reply #5416 on: April 22, 2019, 02:51:45 PM »

I haven't watched too much of the playoffs so far.

Only one series tied 2-2 (Denver/SAS)

Boston already swept INDI sans Ola Dipo

Hoping for HOU and MIL to close it out with sweeps on the road tonight.

2nd round can't start soon enough.  Epic Western Clash: Hou vs GS

And the eastern powers collide as well.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: April 22, 2019, 04:01:53 PM »

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/washington-wizards/cap/2019/
Wizards
Option on Jabari Parker
Wall, Beal. Howard, Mahinmi...........then wide open.
Crucial to hit on their top ten pick and their FA signings (sounds like NY)

Minimal chance they pick up Jabari's option for $20M
He's maybe worth half that ($8-$10M range).

Wall said he might miss all next year!

Dwight had a wasted year, is 33, and not motivated.
They will be thrilled when Mahinmi finishes the last year on his bloated contract.  $15M per.  For a backup C, a fossil who can't handle the perimeter on either end.
One of many disasters in the nation's capitol.

As for DET, RegJax is okayish.
Probably around 20th best PG (a total guess).
Since Blake can help playmake, you need a 3&D SG next to RegJax.  Good luck finding that.

Blake aging and prone to breaking down.  Especially if they ride him like they did this year, with their perennial weak bench.  Jax and Drummond also miss games.  Going nowhere, they should be looking for a Blake suitor.  Or offload Drummond.

I'd quibble and say StanJohn wasn't overrated, but has underperformed.  Very good athlete, terrific defender, just no shooting ability.  Which has hurt his confidence.

You seem somewhat high on Maker.  He had a terrific Summer League.  But he's raw on both ends.  last game I was watching Drummond's apathy towards 3-point shooters.  Finally Bulldog sits and Maker came in.  So Maker closes out like a demon, flies by after a rudimentary head fake and the shooter drives into the wide open paint.  Long & Raw.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:15:55 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: April 22, 2019, 04:45:41 PM »

Drummond has to play lighter if he wants to continue as a major postseason pivot. Maker is still figuring it out, but he has nice tools to develop and got a post season taste to think about, plus a good stretch working with Drummond and Blake. It will be interesting to see what he does next year.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: April 22, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »

Good discussion re:  Detroit.   I think they have a chance.  Of course I dont judge teams by winning a title.  And havent judged their cap space.

On Maker - havent seen him play much, if at all.  But I am pro giving guys a chance to get better.  DET took him on.  Lets see what happens with a full camp.  Has some pros and some cons in statline.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: April 22, 2019, 07:52:04 PM »

Need Bucks and Jazz tonight for the bonus pool points.

But looking forward to seeing Pistons battle.  May even watch Mitchell a little.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: April 22, 2019, 09:22:39 PM »

REGGIE!!!!!!!

Follow slam to end the first half.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: April 23, 2019, 12:20:18 AM »

Looks like that was the last DET highlight.
Bucks 39 in 3Q.
DET 42 in 2nd half.

Maker 5 fouls, 2 Turns in 15 minutes.
I was mildly bullish on him early, but his development has been slow.  It's good he tries to pop in 3's (not bad form the corners), and that he willing to guard outside.  But he should be watching film of our own Mitch Rob. 

UTA containing Harden but just up 1 at home.
Not good.
Mitchell needs to access his inner Wade.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: April 23, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »

Yes.  Nice rescue by Mitchell.

Got a further appreciation fo Blake Griffin last night - not that I needed any.  NBA Radio guys were wondering why he would even play last night.  Clearly they dont understand true warrior athletes.

Casey did a nice job in not pulling Blake from the game - allowing him to just fall on his own sword with his sixth foul, leading to a  thunderous ovation from DET faithful.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: April 23, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »

Agree that Knix would like to keep Jr. Smith as backup and possible future PG Starter.  But Knox and Smith would be our only decent trade assets -- Trier and Dot could be sweeteners, but have limited value -- and one or both of them would go to bring in a vet starter, say an Aminu/PJ Tucker/Uber type who could start on a playoff team.  If Kyremba comes probably Knox goes and maybe Smith too.

I'm with Bo. I think it's more like DSJ is gone next year than he stays.

Even if we don't sign a PG in Free Agency?

Would we re-sign Mudiay??

No, I'm assuming we sign an FA and choose to trade DSJ for value elsewhere, and spend similar or less money on either Mudiay or a reliable vet backup. I give that a better than even chance - let's say 55%. And 45% that DSJ comes back.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: April 23, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »

Getting virtually nothing but cap space for Porzingis is not a good look for Knicks brass.  I think they will allow DSJ to become a rotation guy here.  I could even see him playing with Kemba or Kyrie - and certainly have a nice vision of DSJ-Barrett if we cant land a FA point and cant afford Emmanuel.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: April 23, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »

A total FUBAR in my O, but I try not to harp on it since apparently no one else here agrees.  But seems to me that if the cap space doesn't turn into gold during FA, that it be a disaster, with or without Jr. Smith on the team.

As for those who oddly cried about DA Jordan's late DNP's, I read somewhere that the Knix offered to release him, if he wanted to latch on with a playoff team.  But he reportedly declined and said he was fine with mentoring.  And Fizz said DAJ was very professional and didn't mind having Mitch start and getting DNP's.
If accurate, a very large disparity from Kanter's tantrums.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: April 23, 2019, 12:58:35 PM »

Blake was a warrior this season, especially when Drummond and others missed time.
I only saw the middle quarters of the UTE game.
And even by the end of the 3Q I was getting ready while trying to keep an eye on it.  Same with first few mins of 4Q.  Didn't see the end or know that Jazz won.
Gotta have some pride, and give your fans a W.

Crowder was the 1st half hero, played hard all night.
Jingles only scored 3 points in 23 mins.
Looks like Favors (24) and Royce (33) got more run.
I think Quinn should have limited Jingles sooner in the series when he was underperforming.  Also, Jazz are best with Favors in the mix.

Rubio looks awful shooting 3's.  Kind of pushes the ball.
Went 1-7 and HOU is happy enough letting him get 3's up.
At least he had 11 assists in this one.  But he either has to start making 3's, or take fewer.  Gotta make open shots.  Or drive and make something happen.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: April 23, 2019, 01:33:45 PM »

Smith walked in where you hope Mudiay will get to if he takes the next step. It would be great for Smith’s career to back up and play in small units with a top shelf experienced PG.

How we do in the lottery and the draft itself will reset the parameters on subsequent free agency push.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: April 23, 2019, 02:21:36 PM »

As for those who oddly cried about DA Jordan's late DNP's, I read somewhere that the Knix offered to release him, if he wanted to latch on with a playoff team.  But he reportedly declined and said he was fine with mentoring.  And Fizz said DAJ was very professional and didn't mind having Mitch start and getting DNP's.
If accurate, a very large disparity from Kanter's tantrums.

Everyone knows how i feel about him and I am not making an excuse for his media outbursts but IN DEFENSE OF KANTER....  he is 26 to Jordan's 30.  So they're at different points of their career with different priorities.

His agent is Mark Bartelstein who also represents Brad Beal and Kyle Kuzma.  So he has good representation.  I don't know who gave him the advice to be a prick but it worked. He got out while maintaining the whole time how he wanted to stay a knick.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1848