Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916572 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Trial And Error
« Reply #8745 on: November 19, 2019, 02:10:53 AM »

Now not to be a downer after the victory but...

What the fuck is up with Smith Jr.?

Gotta be some story, no? The dude just looks out of it.

He has yet to find his BALANCE. 

Was ostensibly having a great camp.  Got hurt missed practices.  Came back rusty, a busty.  Got booed.  His step-mother died. 

"Dude looks out of it."

No shit Sherlock. 

Look at Julius.  It took him what, the better part of 14 games to find his balance. 

30-7-4-2-1

But most significantly, ONLY ONE TURNOVER; not overthinking, not dribbling into triple teams, not forcing the issue, playing HIS game, letting the game come to him.  Impressive. 

Can he do it two games in a row. 

We shall see.  Al Horford beckons. 

Dennis is CLEARLY OVERTHINKING. 

His game is going to the rack with aggression, and finishing strong, which is how creates space for his own floaters and midrange jumpers, and open looks for this team mates. 

On one particular play, before he got pulled for Frank, he had a great penetration, was right in rhythm for a layup, and you can hear him thinking, MUST BE UNSELFISH AND PASS, which led to a ICBM into the crowd and a turnover and a spot on the pine. 

His game at point and Frank's game are different.  Frank's sense of deference works for his style, whereas Dennis' aggression in looking for his shot is very much HIS STYLE. 

Knicks fans are so wrought, it's easy to forget that we are just now entering the fourth week of the season. 

Not to deny any of you your pain, or your ennui with FIZZ. 

However, there is a learning curve for EVERYONE, including the coaches, and mistakes, OUT AND OUT HOWLING FUCK UPS, are part of the process. 

Did you see RJ tonight?  Fizz played him 24 minutes, Dotson got 18, Ellington got 9.  51 minutes

PGs?  Frank got 29, Dennis 19.  48 minutes. 

Bigs?  Out of what, 48 x 3 = 144 minutes at Center-PF-SF? 

Morris with 34, Randle with 32, Portis with 23, Knox with 20, Mitchell with 17, Taj with 16...142 minutes

Dennis and Knox were scuffling. 

RJ hit his only three, made a strong drive to the hoop favoring his right hand, his weak hand.  He hit 4-5 FTs, 15-2-1-2-2 and only one turnover. Practice makes for progress.  Dotson getting some of RJ's minutes and making the most of them, although his three is not quite there yet.  So Fizz's rotations making more sense. 

Of course, what happens when Elfrid comes back and Alonzo starts earning court time?  Let alone Bullock. 

Challenging. 

We caught the Cavs down their PF bell cow and on the second game in two nights. 

Be that as it may, progress.  Better defense, 10 blocks, 8 steals only 7 turnovers.  More efficient on offense. 

Philly?  8-5, Knicks 4-10. 

Besides rough match-ups with Simmons and Embid, Tobias Harris and Horford will be a BIG challenge for Morris and Randle. 

We shall see. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:12:56 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8746 on: November 19, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »

Cavs outshot us.
But had 19 turnovers compared to 7.
So Knix had more FG's.
Still giving up 47% on 3's is not good.

How did K Porter look?
I've been meaning to check him out.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: November 19, 2019, 04:26:31 AM »

Taj is a smart solid pro.
Could be valuable to a playoff team needing an extra big defender.

Knix can make interesting offers to fill up roster holes and depth issues for a playoff team, in exchange for a pick/yute and contract ballast.

Taj and Ellington = vet defense and 3-point shooting.  The kind of role players playoff teams need. 

Morris also an obvious candidate for a playoff team.
POR & UTA could use him as a starter.  I should look for other teams that could use his services.  Vet, tough mofo, inside-out game. MaMo is a plug and play F who can start or bolster a bench.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:44:23 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: November 19, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »

DSJ had SEVEN passes that the receiver then missed the open shot.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: November 19, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »

Now not to be a downer after the victory but...

Gotta be some story, no? The dude just looks out of it.

Looks and plays like a disinterested JR Smith

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: November 19, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »

He looks a little lost still which is to be expected and he’s not using his top gear, I guess because of the back. He’s playing his way into shape and rhythm which is never a player’s best look. He’s got at least a few more games to get it down before Elfrid starts breathing down his neck. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: November 19, 2019, 06:36:47 PM »

He looks a little lost still which is to be expected and he’s not using his top gear, I guess because of the back. He’s playing his way into shape and rhythm which is never a player’s best look. He’s got at least a few more games to get it down before Elfrid starts breathing down his neck.

Elfrid's hamstring still not deemed to be fully healed. 

Re-evaluate in 10 days. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: November 19, 2019, 07:06:45 PM »

Re-evaluate in 10 days.

DSJ has at least 10 days to get more right.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: November 19, 2019, 07:18:15 PM »

Re-evaluate in 10 days.

DSJ has at least 10 days to get more right.

And to win over the Merciless One

chipstern

• View Profile
Next Three
« Reply #8754 on: November 19, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »

Sixers

Spurs

Nyets

A good test of Fizdale's Progress. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »

None of them playing all that well - though my guess is Kyrie is back when we play them

More telling is loss column math - who are we catching

Losses:

Golden State - 12
New York - 10
Chicago - 10
Atlanta - 9
Detroit - 9
Cleveland - 9
Portland - 9
San Antonio - 9
New Orleans - 9

Looking like at worst a top ten pick, someone like...

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/vernon-carey/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:53:36 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: November 19, 2019, 09:22:59 PM »

I love the kid and want him to succeed. I think he's supremely talented

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: November 19, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »

I love the kid and want him to succeed. I think he's supremely talented

Likewise. 

Even Clyde took note of what her perceived to be some lackadaisical tendencies in the first quarter last night, so there is THAT. 

What I read in his body language is more a matter of frustration, as he is still trying to trust both his instincts AND his body, and after what was ostensibly such a positive summer, the kid was snakebit. 

But you know what, in a perverse way (and what other ways are there when it comes to our Knucks), there has been an upside to this narrative. 

Because of injuries to Kadeem Allen AND Elfrid Peyton AND Dennis Smith, Ntilikina has gotten accustomed [FUCKING FINALLY] to consistent minutes in the rotation, and he has been making genuine progress on both ends, though he is still very much a work in progress.  Still, in playing through his mistakes and his fouls, with the knowledge that he is not going to get a quick hook and frozen to the pine, he is displaying more aggression and exerting some leadership as well. 

I figure Dennis has got a good two weeks to do likewise, because I don't think the Knicks are inclined in any way shape or form to rush Elfrid back. 

Dennis pretty much had the starting PG role locked coming out of the summer and into training camp. 

He just has to pay his dues, and fuck up in public.  He'll be okay.  Because his team is pulling for him, and in this regard, check out how RJ is leading in this regard, having had his own ups and down and more than his share of fuck ups, but he keeps coming. 

Embrace the pain, Merciless One, we are, after all, KNICKS FANS, God help us all.   

PS: Having said all of that, I truly dread the Sixers coming to town, and the possibility of hopes crashed come 9:30PM tomorrow night, and a desperate howl of betrayal from my man Miras, as he finds himself having been tempted to believe, to believe it was safe to dip into the deep end of the pool, only to be fist fucked by the fates, in yet another Knicks meltdown...best leave Chip to his rose-colored douchiness and sustain your learned snark--we've been down this road before, 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: November 19, 2019, 09:48:02 PM »

Will they allow Frank to check Simmons?

Why the hell not?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: November 19, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »

All the hubbub about Frank

Lets break it down