Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943117 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8895 on: November 24, 2019, 08:59:38 PM »

Fizdale in the post game on the Nets -- "They're really hard to guard"...sigh

Wally and Alan insist that Fizdale is coaching them up in the locker room. 

But where is the proof?  I don't think he is taking them to task even in private.

We don't see bad play corrected.  We see the same shit every game.   

It's just this game we made our threes and made it look like we knew what we were doing.

We are bereft of a system.  Fizdale is the guy you get to coach superstars.  Stroke their egos.

Not the guy to whip any raw recruits into shape.   No boot camps.   Just a happy go lucky goofball that Fiz.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: November 24, 2019, 09:13:27 PM »

I would hate to play for this motherfucker -- players can't get into a rhythm and probably have no idea what he's thinking, this team lacks leadership from the top too. When he's 15 games under .500 he'll be another Knick stat in the history books cashing a check he doesn't deserve.

This is as much on Mills and Perry...this is their guy, this is their team.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: November 24, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »

Not even sure we were outcoached tonight

Yup, once we got over the Knox at two-guard start (there is some universe in which Fizdale is a genius, not this one), not terrible.

Would surely have loved more DJ/Frank overlap than the little taste we got. DJr. starting to get a little bit of rhythm. Nice.

Needed some better plays and playcalling at the end, but, you know, still a development year for coach. Seen worse.

**** hoping to see him get a lot more rhythm, cause the value of the Mavs picks that came with him are dropping every single day -- along with a win streak, Mavs now have best point differential in the west
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:27:07 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: November 24, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »

Any idea why Trier doesnt get any minutes. Kid can score which we lack at times. I can't fucking watch Frankie shoot open jumpers and miss any longer. The kid is now a liability down the stretch.

Personally, I love watching him shoot and miss, cause missing means he's shooting them. More than 10 FG attempts for second time all season. Excellent. They will fall. The stroke is good. Satisfactory 37th career start.

*** Oh, Trier doesn't get minutes cause he sucks as a winning basketball player at this point in his career. He'll get some though so don't worry.

*** Now why this logic doesn't apply to Knox? I'm not sure, but at least his minutes — and free reign to suck — have been substantially reduced, tonight's ridiculous starting nod notwithstanding. I'm not Knocking Knox by the way. I'm actually impressed that he is actually getting better as a basketball player. He's just starting from such a subterranean level that it's going to be a long, slow climb to hoops IQ sea level. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:47:31 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: November 24, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »

I want Frank to shoot more.  He won't get better at shooting by shooting fewer shots.  He needs the reps.  He needs in game reps in the first 2nd and 3rd quarters, not just all of a sudden 3 shots in 4 possessions in crunch time when he has only taken three shots all game.   Shoot earlier in the game.  Make the defense think about you earlier in the game.  Then be a decoy later on.  Obvious good things come from taking more shots for Frankie... Not the 7 a game he was putting up for a while there.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: November 24, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »

Any idea why Trier doesnt get any minutes. Kid can score which we lack at times. I can't fucking watch Frankie shoot open jumpers and miss any longer. The kid is now a liability down the stretch.

Personally, I love watching him shoot and miss, cause missing means he's shooting them. More than 10 FG attempts for second time all season. Excellent. They will fall. The stroke is good. Satisfactory 37th career start.

*** Oh, Trier doesn't get minutes cause he sucks as a winning basketball player at this point in his career. He'll get some though so don't worry.

*** Now why this logic doesn't apply to Knox? I'm not sure, but at least his minutes — and free reign to suck — have been substantially reduced, tonight's ridiculous starting nod notwithstanding. I'm not Knocking Knox by the way. I'm actually impressed that he is actually getting better as a basketball player. He's just starting from such a subterranean level that it's going to be a long, slow climb to hoops IQ sea level. 

Agree with wanting him to shoot more. But Merciless is right. I have never seen Frank hit a clutch shot in the last two minutes. And he has had plenty of chances. Every time he takes a big shot, I'm thinking "Here it comes...."

Just how long can that go on?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: November 24, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »

Frank

I think he will keep getting ten shots if he keeps getting 32, 34, 36 minutes

But you see how the 9 assists were fool's gold, right?  An outlier.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: November 25, 2019, 01:30:38 AM »

And Frank can guard 3s
Which really makes him - if his shooting improves - tell 'em, Bo -
a 3 and D wing.

Uh, er.  Two problems.
He can't make 3's.
And now you've made Franc an undersized defender.
Where an advantage he has as a combo G is his size.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:57 AM »

The recent 9 assist game and the 17 point on 8 shots game may be unusual for Frank, but they aren’t outliers in the way Portis’ Bulls’ revenge game was an outlier.

Frank is elevating his game as a scorer and facilitator bit by bit while providing exemplary defensive work.

I’m actually pretty content with the roster and am curious what the team would look like with a coach.

I enjoyed Frank’s one open court drive. Even on the layup he missed that Taj followed you can see him find a good line of attack. If he hits those threes and draws hard close outs, more of the game will open up for him in the half court. He needs to keep shooting and working on his shot.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: November 25, 2019, 01:39:50 AM »

Disagree with Clyde and Mike.  Robinson needs to play hard, block everything, not "give up the layup sometimes"

Saved one point with 5th foul.  Momentum stopper - didnt want to go down 10

Need to play smart.
Needs to stay down more.  Don't try to block everything.

5th foul, DeAndretheGiant made both FT's putting Nets up 9.

In general, Mitch out there an extra 5-10 minutes is worth more than 1 or 2 more points for the opponent. 
Smart Bigs in foul trouble sometimes concede the layup.
Comes with maturity and better judgement.

This game got only 19 mins from Mitch.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: November 25, 2019, 01:59:34 AM »

Seemed like an odd game from Morris.
1Q & 4Q he was messy, until he started bombing in 3's late 4Q.  But went off in the middle frames.  Apparently two bad streaks and two good streaks (2&3 Q's).  Finished with good numbers. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:19:03 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: November 25, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »

The recent 9 assist game and the 17 point on 8 shots game may be unusual for Frank, but they aren’t outliers in the way Portis’ Bulls’ revenge game was an outlier.

Yes... Outlier. Fool's gold. Umm....how about just early season-high.

Outlier. Look back to Frank's rookie year. Hit 7 or more assists four times before he'd played his first 10 games in the league, 25 min or less each time. The boy can make plays. No worries.

Speaking of "outliers." 23-13-3-2-1 +32. Outlier or somebody getting their sea legs back down in Tx?

***folks really working really hard on this
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:27:17 AM by lesterdog »

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: November 25, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »

Understand the thought process but this ain't travel basketball for 8th graders. Mofo needs to produce in the 4th or sit. His defense wasnt great either...Would have rather seen DS jr in that spot attacking and kicking.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Gimme the outlier over the trend.
« Reply #8908 on: November 25, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »

Mudiay, 8 of last 9 games, more turnovers than assists.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: November 25, 2019, 08:39:52 AM »

Where an advantage he has as a combo G is his size.

He switches off the guards a good 50-60% of the time - and no, with that wingspan I dont see him as undersized guarding the 3.  I dont think they can shoot over him or will bother trying to post.

This is all for the new coach, of course, who will do less switching.

Can he shoot 35-38% from deep consistently?  Maybe  But you are right - that corner jumper yesterday - my God - was pivotal in his development.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1850