Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899399 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9330 on: December 11, 2019, 02:19:25 AM »

New coach, same players, same ugly result.

This team plays no defense and can't score. Not much else to it.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: December 11, 2019, 02:21:42 AM »

I wish we still had D Rose.

I wish we had flipped him for Ricky Rubaiyat.

Knix might want to get some shooters.
35 / 16 / 61  in this game.

And some defenders.  And PG play.
First thing I look at in the box is the opp's 3-point shooting, then Knick assists, followed by Knick FT shooting and 3-shooting.

I'd trade Morris soon.  His value isn't going to get any higher.  Move him before he hits a slump or starts a brawl.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: December 11, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »

Knicks have been directed to lose

How else do you explain

Frank - 1 assist in 18 minutes - outplayed and still starting both halves
Dennis - 0 assists in 14 minutes
Elfrid -  FOUR assists in 12 minutes

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: December 11, 2019, 10:03:29 AM »

1st half

Frank in -    Knicks 12  Blazers 17

Dennis in -     Knicks 10  Blazers 15

Elfrid in -     Knicks 13  Blazers 12

Frank back in -     Knicks 6  Blazers 16

So, who starts second half?

Right.  Frank -    Knicks 8  Blazers 14

-   Knicks at this point have scored 26 points in Frank's 18 minutes on the floor.  He is done for the night

Please - enough of this clown.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 10:06:36 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: December 11, 2019, 10:31:16 AM »

Your premise before was that Jr. Smith was outplaying Franc, which wasn't true.

Elf just back from injury so might be bringing him back slowly, since the team is 4-78 or whatever.

And the goal is probably to develop Franc and see if he can be a starting caliber PG.  In an already lost season, you can spend a month or two doing that.  The goal isn't losing, but improving for the future. 
Hell, for all we know the goal could be showcasing franc for a trade.
But more likely the new coach will make changes incrementally, after he gets to evaluate things.  If we're all in on the tank, we'll know by how soon the vets get traded out of here.

Elf right now is the best of the 3 PG's we have, but does he represent the future in any way?  Is he a starting PG on a playoff team going forward?
Unfortunately, none of our PG's can shoot 3's, so 2 PG alignments aren't going to go far.  And RJB isn't much of a 3 threat.  So by running 2 PG's you;d take out Dot/Trier?Ellington our best 3-ballers outside Morris.

Anywho we dead in the water with a GLeague interim coach.
Might try a little patience.  As Larry Kudlow said, Dec 15 is a big date.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: December 11, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »

Lol..so now he's switched from DJ hard-on to Elfrid hard-on, I see.

as if...

*** The LOL Poll -- Where's Biz? Does Franc have a longer/better NBA career than Jimmer Fredette? BTW, where is Biz? Did he get offed?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:02:25 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: December 11, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »

We might have an extra win or two if Elf had stayed healthy ... but so what?
Also, plenty of other teams succeed with next-man-up.
3 PG's, we should be able to weather injuries.
Though really 3 backup PG's.

Here's a good article on the state of Knickdumb:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28261417/lost-stars-lack-leadership-fleeting-hope-knicks

. . . the now-infamous news conference in which team president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry lambasted the current state of affairs, reiterating how unhappy everyone was after just 10 games. It was held at the behest of Knicks owner James Dolan, multiple sources have confirmed to ESPN. He thought it showed a sense of urgency. Instead, it destabilized the franchise and invited speculation about Fizdale's future.

There's also some on how close David Griffin was to becoming GM, but not only was he going to have to report to/work with Mills, but Mills whipped out the Tim Jr signing to flex his muscle when Griffin was flying to NYC to meet with Dolan.  I had forgotten about that.  That was a real power play by Mills, which sabotaged Griffin's candidacy (which was a threat to Mills) and led to the weaker Perry being selected. 

Impressive corporate infighting by Mills.  Also a poor move in terms of salary and player acquisition.  Why would Dolan sign off on a significant player acquisition when his preferred GM candidate was about to come in for a meeting?

Dolan will probably fire Perry, and bring in Allan Houston to work with Mills ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: December 11, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

Griffin was on a flight to New York to meet with Mills, when, according to sources, he saw a news alert that the Knicks had signed Tim Hardaway Jr. to a four-year, $71 million contract. If he were to accept the job, Griffin realized, he'd have to answer for a hefty contract he had no say in.

He went ahead with the flight and meeting but removed his name from consideration shortly thereafter.

After Mills' presence played a significant part in the Griffin talks falling apart, he sold Dolan a far less accomplished candidate: new Sacramento Kings VP of Basketball Operations Scott Perry.

As much as folks have an eye on 12/15....it really might be best if Mills weren't allowed to oversee a single further transaction for this club.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
AaarfAaarf
« Reply #9338 on: December 11, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »

Lol..so now he's switched from DJ hard-on to Elfrid hard-on, I see.

as if...

*** The LOL Poll -- Where's Biz? Does Franc have a longer/better NBA career than Jimmer Fredette? BTW, where is Biz? Did he get offed?

Two things. 

Conjecture. 

Miller is trying to prop up the spirits and trade in value of all three PGs. 

Likewise. 

Elfrid was cementing the starting job when Smith was hurt and Frank was seeking his inner dog. 

Likely trying not to re-pop his hammy. 

PS: Frank is up and down. 

PPS: Dennis' confidence and trade value have cratered. 

PPPS: So much for all of that coaching Smart did with Dennis' shot. 

PPPPS: As per the KP trade, those suggesting that he is not playing up to his contract or his hype or what have you, in Dallas, KP (and Timmy for that matter) are thriving as complementary players, not being compelled to be lead dogs.  LD has that aarfaarf well in hand. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: December 11, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »

Griffin was on a flight to New York to meet with Mills, when, according to sources, he saw a news alert that the Knicks had signed Tim Hardaway Jr. to a four-year, $71 million contract. If he were to accept the job, Griffin realized, he'd have to answer for a hefty contract he had no say in.

He went ahead with the flight and meeting but removed his name from consideration shortly thereafter.

After Mills' presence played a significant part in the Griffin talks falling apart, he sold Dolan a far less accomplished candidate: new Sacramento Kings VP of Basketball Operations Scott Perry.

As much as folks have an eye on 12/15....it really might be best if Mills weren't allowed to oversee a single further transaction for this club.

Point taken. 

However that leaves whom to mind the store. 

That Dolan trusts. 

Allan Houston.

After which, the cupboard is bare. 

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: December 11, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »

The MSG usher up by section 318 seemed to have his head on straight and some pretty good opinions during my single visit to the Garden last year. Dolan could turn it over to him.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: December 11, 2019, 11:55:19 AM »

Kiid's comments on last night's game are even stupider if you actually watched any of it.

To focus down on either Frank's or Dennis's assist #'s is inane considering the shooting —— on completely open shots —— it was clang, clang, clang, clang, clang, clang, clang. Both should have had 3 or 4 to match the ALMIGHTY ELFRID.

Was not a particularly stellar game from any of our point gods. But also not particularly the root cause of our demise.

That said, i will be rather disappointed if we don't see some kind of lineup change by game 4 or 5 from our new headmaster, and the lack of such change would both bode poorly for his prospects of any kind of success and confirm my quick and brutally unfair evaluation of his sac-size. My preference is to move Orange Julius to the bench. Let our man beast and feast to his heart's delight against second units. Unclog that middle a bit. Get another "shooter" (pick one) into the starting line-up.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:06:20 PM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: AaarfAaarf
« Reply #9342 on: December 11, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »

PPPPS: As per the KP trade, those suggesting that he is not playing up to his contract or his hype or what have you, in Dallas, KP (and Timmy for that matter) are thriving as complementary players, not being compelled to be lead dogs.  LD has that aarfaarf well in hand.

Which is fine enough for now and probably this season.
But to make any noise in the playoffs this year or next, they'll need KZ to return to form and Tim Jr to be more consistent.

All along I said you'll have to wait til 2020 kicks in to start evaluating post-injury KZ.

But yes, Doncic has really been a phenom.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: December 11, 2019, 04:12:38 PM »

Knicks have been directed to lose

How else do you explain

Frank - 1 assist in 18 minutes - outplayed and still starting both halves
Dennis - 0 assists in 14 minutes
Elfrid -  FOUR assists in 12 minutes

Too fucking funny... how about this for an explanation. Your team as currently constituted sucks regardless if you believe otherwise.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: December 11, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »

Griffin..now there's a smart man...I can't expect Dolan will stick with Mills much longer. Gone before January ends.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 1844