Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915146 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10620 on: January 30, 2020, 01:50:26 AM »

Note to Knix: Play fucking better ...

I haven't seen the replay yet, but feeling disrespected because the guy took a 3?  Uh, sounds weak on our end.

Ja "Get a Brain" Morant +42
Backup Ty Jones -21

Time to start Dot or Mitch or Knox.  Or all 3.
Losing to mediocre teams starting all-vets has gotten old fast.  (I didn't like it to begin with).

EDIT: If the plan is to showcase our vets for a couple weeks for trades, then I change my tune completely and am all-in on that.

Note to Kam: Just need to go 6-5 and that prediction will be spot on ...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:30:58 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: January 30, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »

The loss of the league's China-driven revenue has caused many front office executives to tell ESPN that they've been preparing for the possibility that the original 2020-2021 cap projection of $116 million could drop as far as $113 million.

China's decision to pull sponsorships and television coverage because Rockets GM Daryl Morey tweeted support for anti-government protesters in Hong Kong in October is believed to have cost the NBA anywhere between $150 million and $200 million, league sources said.

I'm kind of amazed that there weren't contracts in place shielding the NBa from such a hit.  Or that this hasn't been resolved.  Afterall it was just one team exec sending off a tweet.  Seems the NBA allowed China to breach contracts and drop a $200M hit on it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:34:31 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: January 30, 2020, 08:26:58 AM »

Sorry Peyton no points in my book, this sorry ass excuse for a squad needs a reality check.  Crowder is showing NY what they should already know, this team suck.  The team should be disrespected, these players should be embarrassed, they should be clowned.  Miller is bugging out, if we are going to lose at least let the youngins play, I want to see what Bradzekis can do in real time, he always tear up the summer league, Let Mitchell play thru his foul woes so he can understand what not to do, Let Knox develop, his jumper looks smooth as a babys ass. Dotson should get all the burn at shooting guard,  I like Miller as a coach but his fear of keeping the job is going to cost him the job.  Play the Youngins make them better and the job is yours to lose.  Playing the vets and losing makes him look desperate and he is out of here.  Next page.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: January 30, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »

Yeah. Start Dotson.

He should be our starting shooting guard for at least a couple of months (not just a couple of games).

He's earned the opportunity. And he shows signs of a capacity to get to another level.

God knows we need something.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: January 30, 2020, 12:01:36 PM »

A loud "Sell the team" chant rises up at MSG with Knicks down 18 and a fracas on the court just broken up. MSG starts piping in loud music to break it up. Things are not going well in New York tonight.

— Mike Vorkunov (@MikeVorkunov) January 30, 2020
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: January 30, 2020, 12:22:59 PM »

Solid 7-game stretch for Dotson

56/53/67 shooting has him up around career norms of 43/36/67

Is 25.  Should be making this leap about now.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: January 30, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »

He should be our starting shooting guard for at least a couple of months (not just a couple of games).

You probably mean if we deal Morris.  Barrett back soon.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: January 30, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »

I assume we are showcasing vets and Jr. Smith (who looks out of shape).  Probably a sign Knix have no deals set yet.

Plenty of time to get yutes starting minutes after the trade deadline.

So you folks support Peyton's punk move? 
He's lucky the ref was right there or Crowder would've done some dentistry work.

Note the play was started with a very lackadaisical pass by Randle who had mentally checked out of the game a play or two earlier.  Randle double teamed Ja, than just kind of wandered around not without a plan, not much interested.  Then made that weak inbounds pass. 

One thing I've learned is to practice making good plays always.  Even when guys are just shooting I make sure to make good passes right into the shooters pocket, to notice if a guy likes passes up a little or down a bit.  Not to make a big deal of it, but no reason to practice or make lame passes like Randle did.  I try to keep making sharp passes just a natural part of always, both practice and game.

I also think players should play to the end of the game.  I like a guy like Crowder who is and remains competitive.  Keep your instincts sharp, stay focused.  Crowder did, Randle didn't.  Knix allowed themselves to be embarrassed. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: January 30, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

We went spastic and goonish in the face of Memphis physicality and pace. It’s a really bad look.

As a leader Morris took the lead on that from the jump. Crowder seriously won that confrontation from the tip.

I just hope the last two games rehabilitate Smith Jr. enough that he can be moved.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Wishful Thinking
« Reply #10629 on: January 30, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »

Obviously the FO wants to move Smith Jr. and that’s why they told coach to give him minutes.

I’m afraid what we’re selling will have no takers, not when all he’s showing is he can’t play a lick.

The Kamster is probably happy with this because Ntilikina ain’t playing.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: January 30, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »

I also think players should play to the end of the game.  I like a guy like Crowder who is and remains competitive.  Keep your instincts sharp, stay focused.  Crowder did, Randle didn't.  Knix allowed themselves to be embarrassed.

You're focused on the steal.  Who cares about that?  What Elfrid and others had a problem with is the Crowder 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, up a million.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Wishful Thinking
« Reply #10631 on: January 30, 2020, 02:11:05 PM »

Wrong.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Wishful Thinking
« Reply #10632 on: January 30, 2020, 02:13:19 PM »

Obviously the FO wants to move Smith Jr. and that’s why they told coach to give him minutes.

I’m afraid what we’re selling will have no takers, not when all he’s showing is he can’t play a lick.

Smith hit a contested 3 last night and also had a monster dunk.  I don't think "can't play a lick" sums it up.  Team's see individual plays as well as stat lines
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: January 30, 2020, 02:16:08 PM »

Leave Crowder alone.  He was going for the quadruple single.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: January 30, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »

You're focused on the steal.  Who cares about that?  What Elfrid and others had a problem with is the Crowder 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, up a million.
Why should that be a problem? 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1848