Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943111 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10665 on: January 31, 2020, 05:09:14 PM »

Solid D by Jae, no doubt - on Morris - who even off the 5-17 is still at 47/41 shooting for last ten games

2 players going in the opposite direction statistically
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:10:56 PM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: January 31, 2020, 05:16:17 PM »

v. NYK Crowder had 18 points on 6 FG's! 
And hounded NY's best player.

I thought it would be his best game of the year, but he had a 27 / 8 / 7 gem against the Clips Jan 4, with 3 steals and 3 blocks thrown in, and +39 for the game, in a Griz blowout.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:51 PM »

So what's everybody's prescription to fix the Knix?

I'd move vets for yute.
Cut bait on Randle and stick with Morris.
Ditch Portis and Ellington.

Look for a legit starting PG.  CP3, Dinwiddie, Tangelo, FvanV, other.

Find shooters. 

A 3&D wing would be nice.

I'd stick with Morris, Mitch, RJB and Payton (until a PG upgrade can be had) as my core for now. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: January 31, 2020, 05:32:50 PM »

Memphis a bit of a mess going forward - no first rounder this year - just a Phoenix second - then will likely be drafting in middle of rounds for a few years.  Cap room?  Sure - should be a good chunk of that.  Who will play with Ja?  We'll see.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: January 31, 2020, 05:39:46 PM »

DRAFT - and sign a big name if you can.

Listen to offers on all but Barrett.  But don't deal Julius cheaply.

Keep Morris?  I don't think I would for 4 years.

Just a guess how we look next year:

Frank/Elfrid
RJ
Knox/Bullock
Julius
Mitch

Brazdekis
2 draftees
maybe Dotson

add what you can to that eleven.
Morris leaving in a sign and trade is a good possibility.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: January 31, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »

At 5.5 mil I assume Smith is player 12, though he may not last all next season

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: January 31, 2020, 05:43:57 PM »

I say there is also about a 65% chance we add a player or two at deadline that we can roster for '20-'21

chipstern

• View Profile
They Was Robbed....CARLOS on Luka versus Trae
« Reply #10672 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »

Uh, what did Gianna's favorite NBA player do last night?

38 points with 18 assists.

Not too shabby.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:52:45 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: They Was Robbed....CARLOS on Luka versus Trae
« Reply #10673 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:03 PM »

Uh, what did Gianna's favorite NBA player do last night?

38 points with 18 assists.

Not too shabby.

Trae is a very good player who had an exceptional game yesterday.

Luka is in another dimension.

You know, like comparing Melo and Bron when they were young.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: January 31, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »

I'd move vets for yute.
Cut bait on Randle and stick with Morris.
Ditch Portis and Ellington.

Look for a legit starting PG.  CP3, Dinwiddie, Tangelo, FvanV, other.

Find shooters. 

A 3&D wing would be nice.

I'd stick with Morris, Mitch, RJB and Payton (until a PG upgrade can be had) as my core for now.

Good question and I agree with most of your prescription.  My biases are obvious and long-standing so no real surprises.

First let's just take an inventory of what we have in relation to where we are.

I think its safe to say the season is over.  What's different is that tempers are at boiling points so blatant tanking is out of the question.  But fact of the matter is that with our existing baggage and a little luck we could pick well in this year's draft regardless.

It should also be noted that our pipeline of incoming youth in the coming years is contiguous and FRPs abound so at this juncture we need not get too religious about trading for youth exclusively nor get too squirrelly about insisting on draft picks.

And based on a long history of getting jerked around in free agency two things are true, a.) true talent of interest doesn't show itself for the coming two summers and b.) we don't wheel and deal well enough to leverage whatever cap space we  might accrue chasing the free agent dream for the umpteenth time.

Which means we should look for opportunities on the trade market even if the player might carry a less than desirable contract.  I'm not suggesting star-Phuckin, just some judicious curating of the veteran part of the roster.

Sooooo.

I've recently read that both DSJ and Trier have been dogging it in practices which might account for their DNPs but also is the first place we should clean house.  If they don't want to be here, try it elsewhere - no hard feelings.

New York has also distracted Wayne Ellington from doing the one and only thing the Knicks want him to do - make 3s.  The minute he's traded he will find his stroke.

Portis and Randle should also be relocated just because they hold value that can't be leveraged here.  Playoff teams need these guys.

And I would be looking for a veteran PG this week.  Payton is movable.

I would also not hesitate moving Knox but not cheaply or indiscriminately.  He's a young asset doing the right things but expendable in the right deal.

---------------------------------------------

IMO, we need a veteran center who can complement MR.

If Aldrich is available, I play hard for acquiring him. Portis, Payton, Knox, and a Mavs #1 pumps a lot of youth into SA for Aldrich and Samanic.  Aldrich is a pro's pro, plays to win, and is exactly what's needed.

I would couple that with a trade of Randall, Ellington, and DSJ for Conley's hefty contract.

Walt Frazier really liked the play of Cody Martin.  See if they'll take Trier for Martin and McDaniels.

That would leave the Knicks looking something like:

Conley, Frankie, Allen
RJB, Dotson, Peters
Bullock, Martin, Iggy
Morris, Gibson, McDaniels, Samanic
Aldrich, Mitch, Wooten

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
So bad
« Reply #10675 on: February 01, 2020, 12:17:55 AM »

LOL...   LMA is 34 years old and has one more year left and you're giving up Knox and a pick for him!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: February 01, 2020, 02:20:54 AM »

I dont think teams make a good enough effort to stop Luka Doncic.  They are content hoping to hold the other Mavs at bay and outscore them

I think this will change - especially at playoff time.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: February 01, 2020, 02:42:59 AM »

Interesting.  LMA is aging and apparently slowing on D.  But has started to shoot 3's.  I haven't seen much of SAS in a while.  We're not in position to trade young assets for old vet.  Is LMA at this point better than Randle?

I'd be more looking to poach Poetl and/or Derrick White.

Conley has been dinged up and ineffective for Utah and is coming off the bench for now.  So not sure how broken down he is, or if he's will be right next year.

I'd be willing to take on an aging vet like CP3 or Conley just because we need a PG so badly and it would help organize the team and evaluate our personnel.

I'm wary of Selling Low/Dropping Jr. Smith for nada.  I'd rather add a starting PG, then make a decision on Payton/Franc as backup.  And hold on to Smith as 3rd PG  to see if he can up his value or become a useful backup.  The guy shows glimpses, and seems to have had a rough season both physically and personally.  So I'd wait and see if there is a player in there, unless he's a lockerroom detriment.  But all that is at the margins.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: February 01, 2020, 05:27:26 AM »

I’d still like to pry Dedmon from Sacto. He works hard and has all the skills we’d want Mitch to develop. He can protect our PFs and give them room to operate closer to the rim as well as open driving lanes.

Miller did very well in the GLeague with a stretch five even if we didn’t think so much of that guy here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: February 01, 2020, 09:52:20 AM »

Interesting.  LMA is aging and apparently slowing on D.  But has started to shoot 3's.  I haven't seen much of SAS in a while.  We're not in position to trade young assets for old vet.  Is LMA at this point better than Randle?

I'd be more looking to poach Poetl and/or Derrick White.

Conley has been dinged up and ineffective for Utah and is coming off the bench for now.  So not sure how broken down he is, or if he's will be right next year.

I'd be willing to take on an aging vet like CP3 or Conley just because we need a PG so badly and it would help organize the team and evaluate our personnel.

I'm wary of Selling Low/Dropping Jr. Smith for nada.  I'd rather add a starting PG, then make a decision on Payton/Franc as backup.  And hold on to Smith as 3rd PG  to see if he can up his value or become a useful backup.  The guy shows glimpses, and seems to have had a rough season both physically and personally.  So I'd wait and see if there is a player in there, unless he's a lockerroom detriment.  But all that is at the margins.

Given our kid corp, my thinking is that a couple of proven vets would give NY legitimacy.  Neither have a history of being role players and both still have enough juice in the tank to give us a couple of years of service which is about as much time as Frankie, Mitch, and a few others need.  In fact the combination may extend both Aldrich's and Conley's careers.

And I mention them both because they may be the most accessible assets we can acquire.  Both are pricey today but would come off the books exactly when we need them to.  Utah and SA aren't depending on either at this point.

I get that theoretically DSJ is still an athlete but pragmatically his league-wide reputation is a bum.  NY is the worst place on earth to be a bum in any capacity.  He stands no chance here given his attitude and work habits.  Can he change?  Sure but should we be the ones holding our breath waiting?  -  IMO dump him as ballast in a multi-player deal.

In the above deals [or something like them]  the only risky trade asset is Knox and maybe that Mavs FRP.  But we desperately need some smart, legitimate NBA talent to supplement the kids.

Randle and Portis will make fine role players for contenders and have proven to be inadequate as rotation players in NY.  nuff said.

I'm not married to any particular deals but something along these lines I think would go a long way in remediating the brain-dead stupidity that we have suffered with for two seasons.  More young band-aids won't cut it.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1850