Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943143 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13065 on: August 26, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »

Season over -

see ya at the draft.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: August 26, 2020, 05:22:25 PM »

Trump is starting a cross burning league so you won’t feel you have to completely miss out on sports.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: August 26, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »

Season over -

see ya at the draft.

lol...dont hurry back! Ain't like anybody gonna miss your cowardly racist ass...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: August 26, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

The players should ask TNT and ESPN for time to express their views unfiltered to the American people

If you want us to perform for you in the bubble, first you listen to us.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: August 26, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »

This mock draft has Okoro at 6 and Cole Anthony 7, giving the Knix their pick of Okongwu, Vassell, Killian Hayes or Ty Halliburton.
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-mock-draft-70-celtics-go-long-first-round
Seems rather unlikely, but that would be simply ideal from the Knix point of view.
(that's probably my order, though I haven't seen Killian at all)

They also have RJ Hampton going 13 to NOP, which is way higher than I've seen elsewhere.

Also the Knix taking Malachi Flynn @ 27 (with Cassius Winston going 28).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Poor Chico - 2
« Reply #13070 on: August 26, 2020, 08:48:33 PM »

Season over -

see ya at the draft.

lol...dont hurry back! Ain't like anybody gonna miss your cowardly racist ass...

Poor Chico, he's good for laughs. Let him be back and "Be Best" by posting only moderately.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: August 27, 2020, 05:03:27 AM »

My guess is that since the players are already there, they'll finish things out.
One or two more games and another 5 teams will be heading home anyway.
Will be down to 8 teams then.

Let's say they call it quits and exit the bubble.
The post-season never gets finished.
How many of those players on the remaining 8 playoff teams are actually going to engage in public protests or take any meaningful actions?

Not sure how much money is at stake right now.
But might as well play things out, and both the players and league take some of their earnings and set up a foundation to organize folks to vote, to learn non-violent protest tactics, to spread news/info, and hire lawyers to represent those abused by police at the margins (homeless folks and indigents).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
See You At The Apocalypse--ALL LIES MATTER
« Reply #13072 on: August 27, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »

My guess is that since the players are already there, they'll finish things out.
One or two more games and another 5 teams will be heading home anyway.
Will be down to 8 teams then.

Let's say they call it quits and exit the bubble.
The post-season never gets finished.
How many of those players on the remaining 8 playoff teams are actually going to engage in public protests or take any meaningful actions?

But might as well play things out, and both the players and league take some of their earnings and set up a foundation to organize folks to vote, to learn non-violent protest tactics, to spread news/info, and hire lawyers to represent those abused by police at the margins (homeless folks and indigents).

Season Over?

How about AMERICA OVER?

See you at the draft. 

How about SEE YOU AT THE APOCALYPSE?

$45 Has Basically Given The Scum Of The Earth A Hall Pass To Crawl Out From Under Their Rocks And Into The Light Of Day

On a personal level, the events of the past few days not only put me in mind of Breona Taylor & George Floyd, but of Isaac Woodard & Emmett Till, of Medger Evers & Dr. King, of Charlottesville & The Tree Of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. 

Compare and contrast the police response to George Floyd & Jacob Blake with Dylan Roof & Kyle Rittenhouse, between public execution/lynchings with the police offering dumb ass white boy/mass murderers Burger King and Bottled Water.

I am not anti-police, I am not pro-destruction of property. 

But in NYC, the aptly name Patrick LYNCH, heads up a Patrolmen Benevolent Association, which has never met any act of non-professionalism or police violence that they didn't circle the wagons for, and whose union recently endorsed Donald Trump for President, by which one may presume to conclude that ALL LIVES Do Not MATTER.  That while ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, Some Men Are More Equal Than Others

ALL LIES MATTER

chipstern

• View Profile
Before & After [Dolph & Kyle Getting Religion]
« Reply #13073 on: August 27, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: August 27, 2020, 09:16:19 AM »

Bo, over there, I don't think you quite get what's going on here. The level of anger.

After Jacob Blake.
After Kyle Rittenhouse was encouraged by the police before the shooting.
Allowed to walk away by the police after the shooting.
The day after a racist president urged him on him by bringing the St. Louis duo on stage at the RNC.

How many? A hell of a lot..most? half? You can bet the two most important. Lebron & Kawhi. They're the two leading the charge to cancel the season.

And as for the earnings share, it's not about a $. It's about enough is enough.
The stuff you're talking about, it's already happening. This ain't some bullshit faux celebrity posing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/us/politics/lebron-james-poll-workers.html

If they decide not to play, it's because they decide other things are way more important and they've got things they need to do.

If they decide to keep playing it's because they decide continuing to be on their stage is the best way to amplify their voices, but it won't be to for a dollar slice.

But they've already had a huge impact with the move rippling through sports.

Shut up and dribble ain't happening.

*** I also don't think you get how personal this is. Every black person. Every person of color. This has nothing to do with people at the margins (homeless folks and indigents), though after 400 years, every black person is still "at the margins." Just stop and think for a second. This is how Masai Ujiri's moment of celebration went. Masai F'ing Ujiri.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/masai-ujiri/

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:13:03 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
WORD
« Reply #13075 on: August 27, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »

Bo, over there, I don't think you quite get what's going on here. The level of anger.

After Jacob Blake.
After Kyle Rittenhouse was encouraged by the police before the shooting.
Allowed to walk away by the police after the shooting.
The day after a racist president urged him on him by bringing the St. Louis duo on stage at the RNC.

How many? A hell of a lot..most? half? You can bet the two most important. Lebron & Kawhi. They're the two leading the charge to cancel the season.

And as for the earnings share, it's not about a $. It's about enough is enough.
The stuff you're talking about, it's already happening. This ain't some bullshit faux celebrity posing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/us/politics/lebron-james-poll-workers.html

If they decide not to play, it's because they decide other things are way more important and they've got things they need to do.

If they decide to keep playing it's because they decide continuing to be on their stage is the best way to amplify their voices, but it won't be to for a dollar slice.

But they've already had a huge impact with the move rippling through sports.

Shut up and dribble ain't happening.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: August 27, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »

I'd come up with an NBA wide strategy to affect change, with the players and teams participating, instead of all the players dispersing and mostly doing things on their own.  The visibility of both playing and speaking out I believe has more voice than ending the playoffs which will get huge attention for at most a week, and thereafter much harder for NBA players to make news and get their message out.

Lotta things can be done:
- Playoff shares can go to the families of victims of police brutality.
- Extend playoff halftimes by 5 minutes in which an NBA player or one guy from each team playing int hat game is featured discussing race issues and some of the victims of racism.
- get out the vote campaigns can be undertaken by NBA players
- plenty more that didn't just come to my head in 2 minutes of thought

LeBron has a platform and the name recognition, reputation and money to carry out whatever he wants to do.  But most NBA players can't manage that much without support from their teams (backed by billionaire owners).

Share your views and talent can happen.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: August 27, 2020, 10:22:25 AM »

The canceling of sports playoffs cause players are tired of seeing a police lynching a week will be an earthquake.

The ramifications will last way longer than a week — across sports. When the Bucks decide to walk, it spread way beyond the NBA.

Players individually and communally participating in actions against injustice in the run-up to election 2020 would be huge. Why do you think they would be on their own?

Each of those players can have a huge impact in their own community. LeBron will always grab his national stage.

Most of the things you are talking about are already happening in one way or another.

Doc didn't wait to get his 5 minutes of mike he was "alotted" in halftime or select a slogan from a preselected list. He just took the fucking mike.

The players (and coaches) have been talking about all of those things, you best believe, and a hundred more well before they came to the top of your head in two minutes of thought.

A strong case can be made to play or not. They'll decide how they want to go and what they think will be most impactful.

It would be great if they just halted play before the end of the deciding championship game to prevent another Masai Ujiri incident...leave it unfinished forever. That would be a statement, lol...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:25:32 AM by lesterluv »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: August 27, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »

Team and NBA support is much more likely and dedicated while the players are working and making money for the owners/league.

Teams and players in the Bubble are getting a lot more time and attention to their views than any NBA players not participating.

It would be nice to see the NBA force Dolan's hand and see him sponsor some BLM/anti-racism rallies and such.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: August 27, 2020, 10:58:34 AM »

IMO a boycott or strike is not enough, America will forget the NBA in a heartbeat and watch the NFL in a couple of weeks.

I think the NBA players should leverage the economic power they have and ask their partners (ABC-ESPN, TW-TBS) for TV time to air panel disussions over the nexxt couple of days (there will be no games through the week-end) so as the NBA players can air their grievances in a very publc manner. They can use that platform to reach and teach millions of Americans of what it is to be black in America. To grow up with constant fear, hatred and racism shaping their dreams.

You want us to entertain you, fine, but first you listen to us.

I think a very public airing could be a very powerful teaching, mobilizing and organizing with significant social and political impact.

Speaking as a clueless white guy IMO the messages could be

Protest

Organize to enact the changes you desire

Register to vote

VOTE

this could be a great opportunity to reach and teach millions of Americans in a thoughtful peaceful way.

If the black guys who have made in this country it are scared and pissed and feel disenfranchised, imagine the how the average black man or woman feels every fucking day about living the American dream.

Let the player voice their anger and frustrations and teach and maybe open eyes.

AND THESE ARE THE GUYS WHO MADE IT!

Or maybe like gladiators of ancient times, they simply turn to Caesar, raise their swords and proclaim, "we who are about to die salute you"

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:01:25 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1850