Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915047 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13110 on: August 28, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »

Or how ok they were with getting so little for him.

Well, come on - it was young snot Porzingis vs PHIL FUCKING JACKSON

Pretty easy call from the outset to not be in the KP camp.

chipstern

• View Profile
Go Figure
« Reply #13111 on: August 28, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »

Kristaps Porzingis will miss the rest of the Dallas Mavericks’ series against the Los Angeles Clippers because of a torn ligament in his right knee.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico is back in Town!
« Reply #13112 on: August 28, 2020, 10:19:44 PM »

Chico, Bienvenido!!!

This may be the only welcome you get here so, just for you ...

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Go Figure
« Reply #13113 on: August 28, 2020, 10:23:39 PM »

Kristaps Porzingis will miss the rest of the Dallas Mavericks’ series against the Los Angeles Clippers because of a torn ligament in his right knee.

KP trade was horrible, we got nothing for it and that's a crime. We could have fleeced the Mavs. or other team or at least get something of value.

BUT, we knew KP was a very high risk player, and the other teams knew it too.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Go Figure
« Reply #13114 on: August 29, 2020, 03:09:19 AM »

Well, no.  KZ has a lateral meniscus tear, much less worrisome than a ligament tear.  Meniscus is a special type of cartilage that acts a shock absorber in the knee between the leg bones; while a ligament is fibrous connective tissue that links bones together and needed for stability.
Here's a good basic description of the difference
(I didn't know there was actually a website called differencebetween.com -- it's actually quite good and technical science oriented)

I'd say it's the difference between minor and major structural knee damage.
A meniscus tear can heal without surgery depending on the location and severity.
Even with surgery, the healing period is just 1-3 months. 

I was wondering why KZ wasn't playing.  It's the playoffs and ordinarily you might play through some soreness, at least give it a try, sit out one game, etc.  But this is structural damage.

I was thinking the extra boycott days off were beneficial for DAL, allowing KZ to rest/heal up.  Certainly seems to be the case with Westbrook for HOU.

Been a weird season.  CV-19 stoppage allowed POR to get Nurk back (and briefly Zach Collins). The Bubble led to the loss of Ariza (POR) and A Very Bradley (LAL) who opted out of playing.  Protest boycott allowed HOU to get Westbrook back in the 1st round.  Probably others I'm forgetting as well (Nets missed Dinwiddie and Wil, but weren't going anywhere anyway).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 02:51:54 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Bo Knows What's Best For Blacks For Sure!
« Reply #13115 on: August 29, 2020, 08:46:10 AM »

Everyone agreed Les is an asshole.

lol, everyone agreed Bo is a racist, citing his deep aversion to "Too Black" players, his frequent use of Dog Whistles and Code Words in regard to young black men like Zach Randolph, and of course his "step fetch and hop" outburst recently extended to 1450 words!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:04:35 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: August 29, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »

I wonder if lester has rethought his previous position that Obama was no better or worse than his predecessors.

always rethinking lol, always rethinking!

He's sure looking better and better in comparison with his successor, trouble is, that makes his culpability in making his successor possible even worse too...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: August 29, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »

Knicks gave Thibs 30 mil for 5

Lue turned down Lakers prior to their hiring Vogel.  Ty wanted more than the three year deal LAL offered.  Landed as assistant with LAC and may have his choice of jobs for '20-'21 - but none will be as juicy as LA

From Kamla and AD show yesterday, NBA Radio. 

AD said if Thibs gets 6  - and 5 years, he has set the bar - for coaches without a ring - and the with his ring Lue can demand 25% more.

A - Really?
B - Do you think Lue turning down LA had anything to do with having to be controlled somewhat by LeBron?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: August 29, 2020, 10:25:19 AM »

Some good ideas here:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29754941/what-experts-say-nba-players-do-power
One suggestion is to get team sponsors involved in some of the social justice projects.  Large corps with lots of money and resources who like to be seen doing good in the community.

Donna Brazile talks about including the local community when new stadiums are built.  Owners often get very generous tax breaks (such as 20 years of no prop taxes) and lots of expensive improvements on the land.  I'd advocate building some affordable housing in any stadium deal.  A huge several $B project like Atlantic Yards in BKY, could have a couple of 10 story low-income housing buildings tossed into the mix ... something like that.  She also talks about providing training for young people to work in marketing or opening related businesses, etc.

Liz Warren has a plan that the state/local gov't should get an equity stake in exchange for all the tax breaks and improvements they provide.  I forget he numbers but in her BKY example getting a  gov't stake (25%? or whatever) in exchange for hundreds of millions of assistance, would have returned the full gov't investment in 10 years as the franchise value doubled and then doubled again.

If the gov't is getting its investment back in part or full, a good deal of that money could then be shifted from helping a billionaire sports enterprise to investing in the local community.

I liked that Chris Paul and LeBron reached out and got advice from Obama.  Michelle's brother and ex-Knick employee Craig Robinson would seem to be an excellent point man for the NBA's new social justice committee.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:09:48 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Chadwick Boseman, RIP
« Reply #13119 on: August 29, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »

I

Am

Simply

CRUSHED

This gentle young man was comforting children with cancer at Saint Jude's Children's Hospital back in 2018, while HE HIMSELF was battling the colon cancer that took his life at 42.  In Private.  No PITY PARTIES.  Doing much of his finest film work all the while. 

Ain't

That

A

Man?

Chadwick Boseman: Rest In Peace & Power, Dear Brother

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: August 29, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »

Brother Stan calls out Shae-Gilgeous for being roadkill for James Harden - and any Rockets player.

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: August 29, 2020, 10:19:27 PM »

"When you start to look at who owns these teams...and if they're going to invest their money in something that is completely counter to what 'Black Lives Matters' is ... when you know that the NBA is predominantly Black, and if your views don't necessarily align with those views, then that means you're purely in this for the money," Jefferson said.

Yeah, family business can be that way

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906738-why-nba-owners-300m-pledge-isnt-enough-for-players-fight-against-racism?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: August 30, 2020, 02:12:37 AM »

Brother Stan calls out Shae-Gilgeous for being roadkill for James Harden - and any Rockets player.
heh

Too bad we didn't draft him, Shai Gorgeous can play.

A learning experience for sure, but he played well in 3 of the 5 playoff games:

31 / 6 / 2  &  10/11 FT's
23 / 7 / 6  &   4 steals in 48 minutes
18  / 12 / 6  in 44 mins
8-19 on 3's in those 3 games.

Two duds to open and close the series.
Just 22 years old and a gamer.  Knix missed out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 05:05:03 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: August 30, 2020, 08:21:53 AM »

heh

Too bad we didn't draft him, Shai Gorgeous can play.

A learning experience for sure, but he played well in 3 of the 5 playoff games:

31 / 6 / 2  &  10/11 FT's
23 / 7 / 6  &   4 steals in 48 minutes
18  / 12 / 6  in 44 mins
8-19 on 3's in those 3 games.

Two duds to open and close the series.
Just 22 years old and a gamer.  Knix missed out.

Series ain't done is it?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1848