Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964387 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14130 on: November 12, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »

I have already stated I dont see the #8 pick as necessarily being a starter
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: November 12, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »

There's a reason Minny is considering to give up on Culver -- an SG who can't shoot -- after one year.

The one ASSET they need to give up to get the "star" they need to go with Kat and Russell

I think if they are doing it for just the 8 they might ask for more.  Fac had US asking for a bit more

Pretty even deal.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #14132 on: November 12, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »

If the Knix don't draft a starter, then it's a failed draft and we're doomed.

Doesn't have to be a Y1 starter, but a legit NBA 7-10 year starter.
Can't keep drafting Knoxes and Francs every year.
They'll be starters available at #8 -- Knix need to identify them.
Don't worry about the consensus board, take a guy who projects out as a quality starter with a significant floor.

Hopefully someone can light a spark under Knox's butt.
More energy, stronger drives, quicker decisions, hustle, boards, 3's, use your size, etc.
Clyde often complains when a guy is thinking on the court, well I want to see Knox thinking on every play.  Later he react and play.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14133 on: November 12, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »

Don't worry about the consensus board, take a guy who projects out as a quality starter with a significant floor.

More energy, stronger drives, quicker decisions, hustle, boards, 3's, use your size, etc.
Clyde often complains when a guy is thinking on the court, well I want to see Knox thinking on every play.  Later he react and play.

I think that is a snide and willful misrepresentation of Knox. 

Every wonder why his name pops up in every rumored trade? 

DUH

Knicks completely took him out of rhythm with the Morris experiment.  Do not conflate confusion with a lack of focus or purpose. 

By season's end, with some more steady minutes, he was blocking shots, going hard to the hoop, hitting shots in the midrange.

PS: A lot of mocks have HALIBURTON falling to us at 8.  One can only hope that some other players moving up the board, or sundry trades, change the priorities of those going before us.  The Bulls would love Ball, Detroit is in the market for a PG, but someprojections are boosting Patrick Williams and Okoro.  Leave us pray.  HALIBURTON can shoot, create, and defend.  Please, Lord, and Massa Rose, make it so. 

PPS: There is no way on God's Green Earth that Kira Lewis lasts until #27.  If Haliburton is gone, and Okoro, too, I would not be surprised to see the Knicks reach for Lewis at #8, even if Vassell is still on the board.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:45:00 PM by chipstern »

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #14134 on: November 12, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »

I think that is a snide and willful misrepresentation of Knox. 

Every wonder why his name pops up in every rumored trade? 

DUH

Knicks completely took him out of rhythm with the Morris experiment.  Do not conflate confusion with a lack of focus or purpose. 

By season's end, with some more steady minutes, he was blocking shots, going hard to the hoop, hitting shots in the midrange.

PS: A lot of mocks have HALIBURTON falling to us at 8.  One can only hope that some other players moving up the board, or sundry trades, change the priorities of those going before us.  The Bulls would love Ball, Detroit is in the market for a PG, but someprojections are boosting Patrick Williams and Okoro.  Leave us pray.  HALIBURTON can shoot, create, and defend.  Please, Lord, and Massa Rose, make it so. 

PPS: There is no way on God's Green Earth that Kira Lewis lasts until #27.  If Haliburton is gone, and Okoro, too, I would not be surprised to see the Knicks reach for Lewis at #8, even if Vassell is still on the board.

https://fb.watch/v/bYKU9ny0R/

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: November 12, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »

"Doesn't have to be a year 1 starter"

So, we agree.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14136 on: November 12, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »

An NBA Draft "Get to Know" tonight at 7  NBATV.  Features Haliburton, Nesmith, Carey and a few others.

Draft Pick Em special preceeds, at 630.

chipstern

• View Profile
Culver
« Reply #14137 on: November 12, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »

Trading the #8 pick for Culver would be tantamount to fucking medical malpractice.  Clearly some people are abusing their PAX3 vaporizer. 

The #8 pick will yield something useful going forward. 

We should have a shot at some PGs [Haliburton, Hayes, Lewis] and some wings [Okoro, Williams, Vassell]

No need to wax needy or greedy.  Or to invest in a marginal redundancy.  We are committed to RJ.  What am I missing.  This would not be a deal, but a heist for Minny.  Are they offering us the #1 pick?  DUH. 

I mean, BoD's take does not even vaguely depict what a dumpster fire season this lottery pick had. 

My God, Barrett's flaws and struggles pale by comparision.  Culver makes RJ look like the second coming of John Havlichek. 

63 games

23.9   minutes 

66-221 from trey [.299%]

54-117 from FT [.462]

Hey, if he had significant upside, why would Minny be shopping him? 

We could do a lot better with some affordable free agents if we are a looking for a rotation guard. 

Avery Bradley will turn 30 at the end of the month.  Whiie only 6'3" he is a very capable shooter and defender, a solid facilitator.  An .833% FT shooter last year for the Lakers.  And a .363% 3-point shooter.  We have yet to make up our mind on Reggie Bullock, and if God forbid we draft Haliburton, Hayes or Lewis, we have decisions to make on Frank and Dennis.  Are they rotation pieces or trade candy?  So I'm not sure if Bradley is even on our radar.  But seriously, FUCK CULVER. 

Or our #27 and #38 picks. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 06:48:53 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14138 on: November 12, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »

Why is Minnesota shopping Culver?

You jest, right?

They want two of the top ten picks to add to their pretty good start of a core.

They aren't selling him cheap, nor should they.

17 to 6 or to 8 indeed is quite the leap.  Thus the need to offer up a valuable chip.

Culver moves the ball fairly well - but I can understand - since you have done it before - why you would bury a guy (only of course if he isn't a Knick) off his age 20 season.

Heh

chipstern

• View Profile
Kiid....Court JESTER
« Reply #14139 on: November 12, 2020, 09:02:56 PM »

You jest, right?

17 to 6 or to 8 indeed is quite the leap.  Thus the need to offer up a valuable chip.

Culver moves the ball fairly well - but I can understand - since you have done it before - why you would bury a guy (only of course if he isn't a Knick) off his age 20 season.

Heh

Only in your parallel Trumpian universe of alternate facts, would a fire sale relic such as Culver be considered a valuable asset we should consider accepting as the sweetner for flipping the #8 pick for the #17 pick.   

I'm not burying the kid.  Nor am I accepting the notion that he represents any sort of 'asset' nor that we should invest in an expensive redundancy seeing as how we have this RJ Barrett fellow at the 2-spot, and while he struggled, he certainly had a much better season.   

The Minnesota Timberwolves selected Jarrett Culver with the No. 6 pick of the 2019 NBA draft. Minnesota having acquired this pick in a trade with the Phoenix Suns, sending the No. 11 pick and forward Dario Saric to Phoenix in return.

Phoenix drafted Cameron Johnson, a 6'8" forward with Minny's #11 pick, who averaged 8.8 ppg, 3.3 baords and 1.2 assists, while shooting .390% from trey and .807 from the charity stripe.  Saric, a 6'10" stretch 4, averaged 10.7, 6.2 and 1.9 while draining treys at a .357% clip and FTs at .844.

DUH. Quite the fucking haul.

In the parlance of criminal justice, Phoenix is guilty of RAPE IN THE FIRST DEGREE

Minny has NOTHING on their roster that we want, save for their untouchables, KAT and DAR. 

So why exactly are you engaging in this specious argument.  Culver is NOT A Valuable Asset. Not to the Knicks, anyway.  And while he might indeed have some value moving foward, even in his sophomore year at Texas Tech, he only shot .304 from trey, and while a 70% FT shooter, his efficiency plummeted as a pro rookie...and hey, RJ's collegieate stats were not dramatically better, but he is our guy, so in so far as the Wolves are concerned, and your flippant assertion that he is a valuable asset, in FUCKING FACT, as far as rating the #8 pick, he is the second fucking coming of Johnny Flynn and a fire sale waiting to happen.  Do you feel me?

You're not an idiot, and we'll give you the benfit of the doubt as far as being a congentially contentious asshole, so the only remaining answer is....

YOU'RE A FUNNY GUY.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:10:45 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14140 on: November 12, 2020, 09:10:28 PM »

Knicks take OKORO

Over Okongwu, Lewis, Hayes, Vassell, Bey, Achiuwa (thats the rest of the lottery)

Nesmith and Smith - my 2 guys - go 15 and 17.  Terry 21.  Anthony 23.

Knicks add Nico Mannion at 27

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco, there you go again...
« Reply #14141 on: November 12, 2020, 09:10:59 PM »

You jest, right?

Heh

Making me work updating your portrait

You only did the "heh" this time, but I'm sure the "lol" will come, so I just pre-updated.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14142 on: November 12, 2020, 09:14:54 PM »

Only in your parallel Trumpian universe of alternate facts, would a fire sale relic such as Culver be considered a valuable asset we should consider accepting as the sweetner for flipping the #8 pick for the #17 pick.   

Fac

Chip's KILLING you.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: November 12, 2020, 09:20:48 PM »

I'm not burying the kid.  Nor am I accepting the notion that he represents any sort of 'asset' nor that we should invest in an expensive redundancy seeing as how we have this RJ Barrett fellow at the 2-spot, and while he struggled, he certainly had a much better season.   

Too late, pal

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: November 12, 2020, 09:25:15 PM »

Knicks take OKORO

Over Okongwu, Lewis, Hayes, Vassell, Bey, Achiuwa (thats the rest of the lottery)

Nesmith and Smith - my 2 guys - go 15 and 17.  Terry 21.  Anthony 23.

Knicks add Nico Mannion at 27

If no Haliburton?

Okoro or Vassell or Lewis. 

Tough call.  Lewis might just be the Jah Morant of this draft. 

I just saw mock where Topin drops in our lap.  Of course, they also had the Bulls taking Hayes at #4.
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1851