Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963734 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #14310 on: November 18, 2020, 09:50:26 AM »

Celtics offered Hayward and a #1 for Jrue.  Not close.

Danny also called everyone offering KEMBA for picks to enhance the Holiday offer. 

Damaged goods.

Meanwhile Dwight Howard insinuating he will not take a minimum vet deal in LA

Knicks beckon?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: November 18, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »

I've seen mentions of (Haliburton) possessing elite passing vision and very good defense.

Makeup is the number one asset Ty possesses - not that he doesnt have skilz

Teams get burned by makeup all the time.  We'll see. 

New York can eat up good kids.  Seems like Tyrese is a midwest team fit.

chipstern

• View Profile
Malachi
« Reply #14312 on: November 18, 2020, 09:55:32 AM »

San Diego State alumni.

Like Kawhi.

And my daughter and son-in-law. 

Why Toppin?

Oh, I don't know. 

Because he is a Genuine STRETCH BIG with size and length and an NBA Body who shoots nearly 40% from 3-point range and is a presence on the boards?  Blake Griffin 4.3?  Taj Gibson?  Amare?  Doesn't play D?  Right. Just like Okoro will never have a shot.  Players grow and evolve.  One would think that Thibs might have to sign off on such a pick, no? 

Would seem to presuppose some travelling music for Randle and/or Knox.  Or NOT.  In the era of positionless hoops, instead of Taj Gibson platooning with Mitchell Robinson, why not Randle? 

PS: Watched the second Cleveland game from November of 2019, with, admittedly, Love & Thompson both out, and the Knicks played D and really creamed them.  Randle played his ass off down low and outside, shooting with range, boarding and passing. DJ showing some flashes of game, and some frustration.  Signing Payton was as helpful to Dennis as signing Morrie was to Knox.  Aborted a developmental year.  Let alone Fizdale evolving Mudiay at the cost of time for Frank, and the Knicks then letting him walk? 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: November 18, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »

Celtics offered Hayward and a #1 for Jrue.  Not close.

Danny also called everyone offering KEMBA for picks to enhance the Holiday offer. 

Damaged goods.

Meanwhile Dwight Howard insinuating he will not take a minimum vet deal in LA

Knicks beckon?

No. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: November 18, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »

It was great to see Bilas and company praise, highlight PAYTON PRITCHARD out of Oregon.  Likened PP to..........

FRED VAN VLEET

Can we go non point at 8 and 27 then get Pritch at 38?  I am guessing he is gone.  But I'd take 2 guards - no prob.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: November 18, 2020, 09:58:46 AM »

Okoro/Vassell - or Nesmith in a deal down

Then CAREY

Then PRITCHARD.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14316 on: November 18, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »

Nice to see the Mudiay reference

46/35/76 shooting last year, at age 23.

13.0 PER was down from his career best 14,6 with NY in '18-'19.  But a player that can still improve, surely.

Shattered career highs in defensive win shares and win shares per 48 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:05:39 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: November 18, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »

Current ranks

I have Edwards and Ball 1 and 1a right now - slight nod to the off guard

Aftyer the one neg I saw on Anthony Edwards, that GS leaders Thompson and Curry wouldnt want to "babysit" the youngest player in this draft, it has been nothing but topa ccolades for AE.

Last night's interview recounted how Edwards lost his mom and his grandmom within 3 months - and how he stayed in Georgia to be sort of a second pops to his newborn nephew.  Very tight family

It was hilarious seeing old clips of Edwards as a 10-year old footballer, already a MASS of young kid towering over his teammates/foes as he rumbled from the backfield (AE thought he'd go football til changing course at age 15 or so)

So, the LOTTERY

1/2 - Edwards/Ball
3 - Avdija
4 - Wiseman
5 - Toppin
6 - Okoro
7 - Okongwu
8/9 - Achiuwa/Smith
10- Haliburton
11 - Williams
12/13 - Vassell/Nesmith
14 - Terry/Anthony
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:19:13 AM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: November 18, 2020, 10:24:27 AM »

BILAS (lots of stuff here)

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2020/11/transcript-2020-nba-draft-preview-with-college-basketball-analyst-jay-bilas/

Q: One of those guys that might be down the list, we’ve talked about him before, Cole Anthony. It’s funny, he came back a lot of guys would have done that, he obviously didn’t have a great year, but are you surprised when you see these mocks that have him going in the early twenties, late teens? What do you make of that?

Jay Bilas: Yes. I make of it that in today’s world it’s a right now thing. You know, Cole was a top five talent coming into last year. I didn’t know anybody that didn’t have him in the top five among prospects for this year’s draft. He got injured and then he played on a team that didn’t perform at a high level. So it was a losing North Carolina team that every time you turned around, they’re losing one point games. It’s just a miserable year from a win loss standpoint. But I give them a tremendous amount of credit, like he never shut it down and he kept coming back and playing his tail off like he never gets tired and you know now can we quibble about Okay could you make some better decisions here like You know, it would have been better if he passed it here or, you know, you take some challenge shots. Yeah, but he’s going to get a lot better there. And those are those you know those issues are at the forefront for Anthony Edwards, too. So I’m a believer in Cole, Anthony. I think he’s going to do very well as a pro. And if somebody grabs him at 12 or 10 or whatever, they’re getting the top five talent at that level.

chipstern

• View Profile
Knicks Make A Move
« Reply #14319 on: November 18, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »

And it has Walt Perrin & Johnny Bryant written all over it. 

Marc Stein: The Knicks have announced a trade for the No. 23 pick in tonight’s draft and the draft rights to Ante Tomic from Utah by sending the No. 27 and No. 38 picks to the Jazz – via Twitter TheSteinLine

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: November 18, 2020, 10:55:23 AM »

Q: Can you just elaborate on Isaac Okoro’s game where team will get if they draft him. And also is there a good maybe current NBA comparison out there?

JB: Yeah, of course. I’m terrible at the comparison thing. I apologize. I’ve never been any good at that a coral is long armed wing, very athletic very strong and he’s an outstanding defender. I mean, he can switch out and guard anybody one through four and that’s a valuable skill in the NBA because NBAs a lot about switching now. You know, the court gets so spread out and all that. You’ve got to be able to guard space if he can do that with a strength and athleticism. And his lateral quickness. And then he’s excellent and attacking the basket off the dribble because you got to the free. I don’t remember exact numbers, but he got to the free throw line ton He’s not a great shooter. That’s something he needs to improve upon to refine his mechanics and become a consistent perimeter shooter but he’s a good passer. Great personality as a basketball player. And he is ultra-competitive. Never backs down and you know i think you know you’ll often hear you know so and so’s a winner, well, he’s had a winning profile, this whole career. And so I’m very high on him. I would not be surprised. Like, he’s the type of player, I’m not saying they’re going to do this, but he’s the type of player that the Warriors would grab. Now what they do that at number two when Wiseman’s available, I don’t know, but he’s like a Warrior type of player. And so that means he can play for anybody. He’s legit

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks Make A Move
« Reply #14321 on: November 18, 2020, 10:56:39 AM »

And it has Walt Perrin & Johnny Bryant written all over it. 

Marc Stein: The Knicks have announced a trade for the No. 23 pick in tonight’s draft and the draft rights to Ante Tomic from Utah by sending the No. 27 and No. 38 picks to the Jazz – via Twitter TheSteinLine

NICE

I believe I called this one

chipstern

• View Profile
Ante Tomic
« Reply #14322 on: November 18, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »

Croatian Center who will be 34 in February. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/ante-tomic-1.html

Projection is he stays in Europe or is signed as a cap sweetner in some future trade. 

Interesting. 

Knicks would seem to want their pick of second tier PGs in the mid-first.  Some nice players. 

Something tells me this is a prelude to another deal, either to move up or down. 

Knicks might think someone unexpected is going to fall into the 20s.  Or they have another deal on tap. 

Coach Payne really loves Kentucky's Tyrese Maxey. 

PG Tyrel Terry from Stanford and wing Aaron Nesmith from Vanderbilt can both shoot the lights out. 

Tonight is going to be frenzied. 

INTERESTING. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:15:52 AM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: November 18, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »

CBS

Toppin at 8 over Okoro

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: November 18, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »

CBS

Toppin at 8 over Okoro

Toppin played some 5 in college. 

Dolan might still authorize the Knicks to purchase a fresh second rounder. 

Or perhaps the thinking is that we are going to have A LOT OF YOUNGSTERS, and three rookies in 2020-2021 might be pushing it. 

I still do not see the Cavs passing on Toppin, although Okoro might very well tempt them. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:22:53 AM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1851