Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943020 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15450 on: December 15, 2020, 08:42:10 AM »

I thought Smith to be shaky on 2 plays in first quarter, but made a couple of nice passes, moved the ball ok at times

One particular juke and baseline drive yielded a Mitch dunk

Noticed the statline was 3-1 assist/to but Knicks sadly clanked 2 early DSJ setups

Yes, of course and Trump, JFK JR, 200+ generals started planning the DEEP STATE takedown decades ago.

JFK JR’s political GEORGE magazine (1990s) and Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice show (around 2000-2014) were part of the plan. JFK JR ‘innocently’ interviewing DEEP STATE minions, and Trump getting right in the middle of the Hollywood cesspool - Imagine the Intel they gleaned. 🚀🍿

Arrests started in 1/2017, and military tribunals truly got started in 1/2019. Trump had a rally in MS in 12/2018 to prove all were in GITMO - the WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM were all behind him, showing they were now safe to come out, although they are still in disguise to not freak people out - will be coming out soon along with DSj's game.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Ron Harper Jr.
« Reply #15451 on: December 15, 2020, 09:56:59 AM »

Keep an eye on Ron Harper's kid who plays for Rutgers.   Could be one of our 1st round selections.
Rutgers is 5 - 0 !!!

The next John Battle!

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll tell my father, a Seton Hall alum, to check out Jr. Harp and these Scarlet Knights.

If he was a Knick right now Ron Harper Jr would be easily one of our 5 best players.

Ah, yes, RON HARPER. 

The 1986 Draft. 

When Indiana beat us out on Chuck Person at #4, Ron Harper was on the board at #5.  We took Kenny Walker and Ron went at #8 to the Cavs.  Harper the Senior, pre-knee injuries, would've been one hell of a match for Patrick as he was basically good for 20-5-5 for the next nine seasons. 

Sabonis The Senior went at 24

Mark Price at 25

Dennis Rodman at 27

Jeff Hornacek at 46

Michael Jackson of Gerogetown at 47 to the Knicks [three seasons as a scrub for the Kings]

Drazen Petrovic at 60

La
De
Dah DeDAH

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:04:44 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: December 15, 2020, 10:11:26 AM »

That was the drug draft.
The careers of 4 of the Top 7 were drug casualties.
At least we got a guy who wasn't drug suspended out of the league.
Lotta chances for error that draft.

The draft also went on and on.
I think I was drafted in the 7th round.
I might have been using the alias Baskerville Holmes at the time, but the drug haze makes it hard to be sure ...   

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »

CLE with one the great drafts,
They selected Brad Daughtery #1; Harper #8 and traded a future 2nd rounder for #25 Mark Price (1st pick of the 2nd round).

To get 3 starters in one draft, your franchise best C and PG, and a dynamic SG is remarkable.  Too bad when Harp got injured, CLE traded him the the Clippers for Danny Ferryboat.

At age 31 Harper came to CHI and became a role player while still starting.
From age 31 to 37 Harper won 5 championships in a 7 year period.
Smart savvy player.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:43:42 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: December 15, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

Can't believe Quickley didn't get any minutes in Game 1.  We need shooters and he's one of the few we have.  Play him now.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: December 15, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »

Can't believe Quickley didn't get any minutes in Game 1.  We need shooters and he's one of the few we have.  Play him now.

He'll get his shot.  'Cause he's GOT a SHOT. 

Catch your breath.  No worries.  A LONG SEASON. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: December 15, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »

That was the drug draft.
The careers of 4 of the Top 7 were drug casualties.
At least we got a guy who wasn't drug suspended out of the league.
Lotta chances for error that draft.

The draft also went on and on.
I think I was drafted in the 7th round.
I might have been using the alias Baskerville Holmes at the time, but the drug haze makes it hard to be sure ...

Yes, I remember BH. 

The Hunan Hound. 

No defense, but one hell of a jumper. 

Went on to play with LesterDawg in the C-League. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: December 15, 2020, 12:05:31 PM »

Nahhh

DSJ would dust Harper in One on One - though HORSE might be a tossup.

Don't get ahead of yourself
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: December 15, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »

Nahhh

DSJ would dust Harper in One on One - though HORSE might be a tossup.

Don't get ahead of yourself

You think? 

Wish you were right. 

I remember when Harper and Mark Jackson were Clippers, and they dusted the Knicks. 

If Austin Rivers gives us half of what pre-knee Doc Rivers gave us, we might have a shot. 

Numbers don't leap out at you, but Doc played with so much tenacity and competitive fire. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 12:57:02 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Eyetest
« Reply #15459 on: December 15, 2020, 01:40:50 PM »

DSJ will be playing plenty of horse soon and not much else if he doesn't show something mighty promptly besides that "handle." He's got a ticket, about to be punched, that says "out-of-the-league"

He doesn't appear to have a clue what to do in the game of basketball.
Last year, it felt like as soon as he checked in it was an instant 10 point deficit.
Appearances weren't deceiving. Out of 95 NBA PG's, he ranked 95th, yes, 95th, +/- wise.

Things weren't much better in previous seasons so I don't think we can blame it on dead relatives or whatever.

Not much of note on his resume besides pulling a D Rose and walking out on his team midseason in a pout when Luka started getting more cheers and love in Dallas. Great stuff.

First two preseason games he's looked like crap, turning the ball over, getting stuck in traps at midcoast, basically no clue.

There's no evidence to suggest he will ever be a starting NBA PG or even a decent reserve. Probably a bigger chance that Donald gets sworn in again come January.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:42:46 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
The Last Word In Absurd
« Reply #15460 on: December 15, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

Just saw an article on DAILY KNICKS about how Leon could make us a winner. 

A buffet table of bullshit: free agents we have no shot at, trades that are the last word in absurd. 

Giannis just reupped.  Now THERE'S A SUPRISE.  Max, with a fifth year option.  Miami re-upped Bam a few weeks back for the max.  They share an agent.  In poker we call that a tell. 

We will have to build slowly through the draft, deveoping youth, keeping cap flex, finding potential in second tier free agents. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
Heavy Sigh
« Reply #15461 on: December 15, 2020, 02:09:13 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baskerville_Holmes

Played with William Bedford and Keith Lee in college (Memphis).
After some overseas ball, wound up a truck driver and then shot his girlfriend dead and then decided to off himself.  Just shy of 33 when that ugly ish went down. 
Harsh.
Drugs and depression in the mix.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Heavy Sigh
« Reply #15462 on: December 15, 2020, 02:34:44 PM »

After some overseas ball, wound up a truck driver and then shot his girlfriend dead and then decided to off himself.  Just shy of 33 when that ugly ish went down. 
Harsh.

Oh Smack!

I thought you were just being clever, in your alter ego of Throw Diddling. 

So sad.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:36:22 PM by chipstern »

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Heavy Sigh
« Reply #15463 on: December 15, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »

Harsh.

We're not thinking about signing him are we?

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Eyetest
« Reply #15464 on: December 15, 2020, 02:50:00 PM »

DSJ will be playing plenty of horse soon and not much else if he doesn't show something mighty promptly besides that "handle." He's got a ticket, about to be punched, that says "out-of-the-league"

He doesn't appear to have a clue what to do in the game of basketball.
Last year, it felt like as soon as he checked in it was an instant 10 point deficit.
Appearances weren't deceiving. Out of 95 NBA PG's, he ranked 95th, yes, 95th, +/- wise.

Things weren't much better in previous seasons so I don't think we can blame it on dead relatives or whatever.

Not much of note on his resume besides pulling a D Rose and walking out on his team midseason in a pout when Luka started getting more cheers and love in Dallas. Great stuff.

First two preseason games he's looked like crap, turning the ball over, getting stuck in traps at midcoast, basically no clue.

There's no evidence to suggest he will ever be a starting NBA PG or even a decent reserve. Probably a bigger chance that Donald gets sworn in again come January.

What games were you watching?  Kiid claims he's a double double away from being resigned.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1850