Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943113 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #17115 on: February 14, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »

Frank hit the protocols because contact tracing put him in proximity with someone who tested positive not in the organization. He was not reported to have had a positive test.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17116 on: February 14, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »

KK has a chance to toughen up and play some D.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17117 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:38 PM »

Yeah, I meant a CV game-casualty.
Most players missing time for contact tracing.
I should have just said "quarantining".

We haven't missed Franc at all.
Though when he comes back it makes it easier to part with Rivers.  We might do AuRevoir a solid and get him to a playoff team with available minutes.  Maybe pocket a 2nd rounder.  And hold on to Franc (unless we get a decent deal for him).

Watching the Wiz game they put uo a stat where Randle was 4th in the League in And1's this year.  Gianis first by a good amount, Zion and LeBJ next, followed by Randle (Beal was 5th, which is why they posted that).  Anyway, another strong Julius stat.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:29:12 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17118 on: February 14, 2021, 10:26:57 PM »

Saddiq Bey 16-23 on 3's his last 4 games.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
So many Knicks
« Reply #17119 on: February 14, 2021, 10:27:25 PM »

The Portland Knicks just beat the Dallas Knicks, which is good for us, by 3 points.
Go Knicks!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17120 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:04 PM »

If he adds some resilience and focus to his game on both ends, he’ll be fine. He won’t have his full adult body at all on this contract, so this year we are still projecting his future effectiveness. I think he’s making good strides this season and he’ll be able to do most if not all of what Thibs wants from him by the time we’re done.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: So many Knicks
« Reply #17121 on: February 15, 2021, 01:10:41 AM »

The Portland Knicks just beat the Dallas Knicks, which is good for us, by 3 points.
Go Knicks!

;D

Saddiq Bey 16-23 on 3's his last 4 games.

;D

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #17122 on: February 15, 2021, 02:53:24 AM »

Watching the Wiz game they put uo a stat where Randle was 4th in the League in And1's this year.   Another strong Julius stat.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: So many Knicks
« Reply #17123 on: February 15, 2021, 03:00:42 AM »

Go Knicks!

Nice!

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #17124 on: February 15, 2021, 12:06:33 PM »

be really interesting to see if KP can stay healthy..I am skeptical but what do I know....

For the Knicks, I am most curious to see how Toppin progresses...that will hopefully an illuminating progression...
IQ and Rose in the backcourt - well that is turning into must see stuff, really fun and exciting to watch...how novel for a knicks fan...maybe we aren't consigned to suffer...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 12:15:49 PM by Jack Straw »

zupzup2

• View Profile
« Reply #17125 on: February 15, 2021, 01:45:26 PM »

I sure hope I'm wrong but I have limited hopes for Toppin. Certainly amazing athlete, but he just seems a tad slow and predictable in his offence. I think JR is significantly better than KP. He just leads by example every game, taking the tough shot at the end of regulation time after time, defense. A real force- as I wrote like a healthy LG with better range. He is the star we never knew we had, and it is a great feeling.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:46:59 PM by zupzup2 »

chipstern

• View Profile
KK O K & THIBS' Dawg Pound
« Reply #17126 on: February 15, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »

If he adds some resilience and focus to his game on both ends, he’ll be fine. He won’t have his full adult body at all on this contract, so this year we are still projecting his future effectiveness. I think he’s making good strides this season and he’ll be able to do most if not all of what Thibs wants from him by the time we’re done.

I have been so heartened by the progress the Knicks have made this season under Thibs and Johnny Bryant and Kenny Payne and Mike Woodson. 

When Thibs lays down the law, the players are buying in.  Practice hard, practice smart, stay ready. 

Knox being a good example. 

The Houston game was surely a small sample but for all of us who have wondered about Kevin's intensity and his motor, his cameo was uplifting, and clearly that young man wants to be a Knick. 

I mean, Kevin came out with some FIRE IN HIS ASS. 

He played D, made a steal, ran the floor hard and Quick rewarded him with a highlight film slam. 

He played off the ball, motion and movement, got the rock in rhythm, and found Obi for a terrifying one handed slam [and yes, Haliburton WAS the pick, was MY PICK, but Obi is going to be a beast]. 

Got to tell y'all, on the off day, I was watching some highlights of the past two games, and I've got to tell you, I was tearing up. 

As someone who has been watching the Knicks since 1961, you know that old saw about PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY? 

Well, during our exile in the desert since LJ finally said OUCH and couldn't get up off the gurney?  Since Don Chaney crippled Alan Houston to save his job. Since Donnie Douche traded our entire roster and future for Melo.  Since Phil Jackson weed whacked his ego and his pecker in an ego driven narcissistic frenzy. 

To PLAY THE RIGHT WAY? 

To Be COMPETITIVE For 48 Minutes. 

Winning?  COMPETITIVE. 

Leon Rose made good hires up and down the orginization, and has been prudent and conservative and patient, well PATIENT WITHIN REASON. 

The draft and all of the mega dollar signings?  We can quibble over Tyrese vs. Obi, but Quickly has surely eased the rear view mirror pain of that debate, and since Rose came on board, he has been a coach on the floor and in practice, and extension of Thibs, like we haven't had since Jason Kidd lifted Mike Woodson's squard to the second round in what seems like a lifetime ago.  And Obi has shown signs that we should simply be patient, trust the process, trust the coaching, and trust our puppies. 

Oh and all of the more sexy and garish free agent signings.  BoD has long advocated for Christian Wood, and once has to wonder if we passed on him or he passed on us.  Be that as it may, on one year make goods: Payton, Bullock, Burks, Noel, Rivers, Gibson?  All reasonably priced, all motivated, and whether or not they are back in 2021-2022, they are fucking bringing it now.  Up and down, up and down, but competing. 

Thibs started with DEFENSE, and never looked back.  Held everyone accoutantable, and made it clear that those who practiced best, most consistently, who did the extra work, would get the minutes. 

UP and DOWN, UP and DOWN, we have seen that all season with our Yutes.  And now, with the arrival of Rose, as the rotations have settled in the absence of Mitchell into a definable 10 man cycle, as we see RJ struggling with his offense, yet giving us 4 boards and 5 assists in his 22 minutes, as he yields some of his lead leading floor minutes to Burks and Quickley, as Kevin comes off the bench when his number is finally called, seeming to say, "Is THIS what you mean, Coach?"  As all of the fears of Quickley losing minutes or influence dissipate as his role with a dynamic game closing out second unit of Gibson-Toppin-Burks-Rose-Quickley comes into sharp focus, as Thibs gradually down shifts on the heavy minutes he was playing his starters, as Elfrid makes us--WELL, A FEW OF US--focus on the attributes Thibs is moved by, and not the deficiencies which dick trigger the Geek Chorus of Dipshits and Doubting Uncle Thomases, as Julius bounces back from a crappy game with a ho-hum 22-9-2 in 33 minutes. 

Right now, the Knicks settling in as a .500% team and making the playoffs seems attainable, the inevitable bumps in the road notwithstanding. 

Rose & Thibs have assembled a competitive roster of Dawgs.  Randle has sustained his all-star level of production and leadership.  And in only three games together, Rose & Quickley have drawn the game planning attention of opposing coaches.  The Knicks are no longer a laughing stock and are step by step making it plain that opposing teams will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO TREAT THE GARDEN FLOOR AS AN INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHT REEL TO PAD THEIR STATS.

Atlanta is surely a more talented team than the Wiz and the Rockets, the obvious absence of Beal and Wood notwithstanding.  Hunter's absence and that of Bogdonavich surely hurts the Hawks, but they still have Young, Gallinari and Collins, Capela, Huerter and Reddish.  They are a dangerous team, who can pile on the points in a hurry.  Coming off a loss to the Pacers [someone explain to me again why we traded McDermott for Mudiay].  I am looking forward to Immanuel Quickley matching up with his doppleganger Trae Young. 

LOOKING FORWARD....we are ALL Looking FORWARD. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #17127 on: February 15, 2021, 02:22:30 PM »

The next step is whether Thibs can unlock our Offense.
Especially a 4Q offense.

Gallo another shooter who was overpaid last Summer 3/$61M for a 32 year old who has trouble staying healthy.
He's coming off the bench, playing under 20 mins per, missed 12 games and having a down year so far.
Last game v IND was his best of the year 20 & 7, but also was a -20
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #17128 on: February 15, 2021, 02:34:36 PM »

The next step is whether Thibs can unlock our Offense.
Especially a 4Q offense.

Gallo another shooter who was overpaid last Summer 3/$61M for a 32 year old who has trouble staying healthy.
He's coming off the bench, playing under 20 mins per, missed 12 games and having a down year so far.
Last game v IND was his best of the year 20 & 7, but also was a -20

Yes, I've been monitoring Gallo, too, and while I am sure he and the Knicks had some mutual interest, his age his health and his price were deal breakers.  He has always been very streaky, and on too intimate terms with the ER Room.  Always liked his game, but not at 20 million per x 3 [when we could get Burks AND Noel AND Bullock AND Payton AND Taj for the same money x ONE].  Now that Hunter is out [damn shame, I really like his game], he gets a chance to play more regular minutes and strut his stuff. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: KK O K & THIBS' Dawg Pound
« Reply #17129 on: February 15, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »

Got to tell y'all, on the off day, I was watching some highlights of the past two games, and I've got to tell you, I was tearing up. 

I've been downloading the last 8 games and compiling a highlight reel, to be released hopefully later this week after the next two games are complete.  One unmistakable fact is that before the trade for DRose the highlights were rather mundane.  A Randle fadeaway here, a Quickley floater there.  The occasional three as a result of the ball moving and mostly dunks from our center tandem off point guard penetration.  Pretty fundamental stuff.  There were almost no fast breaks!  Since the trade the highlights have become a lot more exciting. 
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1850