Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963735 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18525 on: May 01, 2021, 01:49:28 AM »

Sacramento Halliburton's beat the full-complement Lakers.
TyH 23 & 10 running the Point with Fox out.  Had a key late steal too.

Schroder & Hield couldn't make an outside shot.
Delon Wright was a mess and started to give the game away, then hit a pair of 3's (then missed the rim on another).  Delon was determined but often out of control.

Terence Davis looks good every time I see him.  Fearless attacker.  Solid outside shooter.  Was guarding LeBJ a number of times and AD once or twice down the stretch.  Fighting and clawing to deny position.

The Lake announcers are embarrassing.  They get so much wrong and mostly ignore the opponents.  McLemore gets his corner 3 blocked, and they go on an extended spiel about how quick McL gets his shot off and how well he's shooting this game.  Not even mentioning who blocked his shot.

0.9 left Lakes down 2 and tyH at the FT line.  Makes the first for a 3 point lead, and one Lake announcer thinks he should intentionally miss the 2nd to kill the clock.  Uh, make the FT and Lakes absolutely can't make a 4-point shot with 0.9 left.

I should have switched to another feed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:53:31 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18526 on: May 01, 2021, 01:50:22 AM »

I’m rooting for your foster team, Carlos. They need to pass Dallas.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18527 on: May 01, 2021, 03:27:37 AM »

Jason Tatum became the 4th player to score 60 or more before age 24.

NBA Trivia:
Who are the other 3?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18528 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »

ATL got Trae, Snell and Dunn back, but Bog (hammy), Huerter (shoulder) and Hunter (knee) all out.  Having serious trouble getting healthy.

Hawks have 7 of last 8 at Home.
PHX; POR and @Ind.
And 4 games v. weak East teams (though Wiz playing better lately).

Knix about to embark on a tough 6 game West journey.
Even HOU has become weirdly dangerous.
Good test coming up.
Knix a cohesive team.

I'm hoping Knix can win a 4-5 matchup (w/ ATl or BOS) and then play #1 BKY in the 2nd round.  That'd be fun.  Knick D v. BKY O.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:16:30 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18529 on: May 01, 2021, 11:23:52 AM »

NBA Trivia:
Who are the other 3?

I may be misremembering but what's a little unusual is that the Garden parquet has been the scene of 3 of the 4 60+ point crimes committed by young assassins. (Booker, Tatum, MJ) and Elgin has one also.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18530 on: May 01, 2021, 12:09:12 PM »

True or false?

Five of the ten best players in the NBA are on 2 teams rosters.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18531 on: May 01, 2021, 12:50:57 PM »

Dev Book the youngest at 20, nearly 3 full years younger than Tatum.
I guess only regular season games are counted, since Jordan was 23 (of course) in his incredible 63 point playoff performance in Boston.

So gotta say no to MJ (with an asterisk) and Elgin, though of the other two players who scored 60 or more before age 24, one has a close connection to MJ and the other a close connection to Elgin.

Elgin had a 61 point game in BOS 50 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:53:29 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
New BoZ Trivia 🤣
« Reply #18532 on: May 01, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »

NBA Trivia:
Who are the other 3?

I may be misremembering but what's a little unusual is that the Garden parquet has been the scene of 3 of the 4 60+ point crimes committed by young assassins. (Booker, Tatum, MJ) and Elgin has one also.

Mr. Google, AKA The Outside Enemy of BoZizzley, AKA Mr. I-set-the-rules-of-Trivia, says:

"The fourth place is David Thompson, who scored 73 points in 270 days at the age of 23

Although David Thompson may not be the most popular on this list Name, but still can't change. He was once one of the greatest players in basketball history. He is fast, athletic, and very high. In fact, David Thompson is one of only six players in the NBA to score more than 70 points. His highest score even surpassed Michael Jordan. In the game against the Detroit Pistons, he scored 73 points, but this did not prevent the team from losing the game 137 to 139.

The ten youngest NBA players to score more than 60 points in a single game, Michael Jordan made the list three times

The third place is Jerry West, who is 23 years old and scored 63 points in 234 days.

Jerry West He is one of the most influential basketball players in NBA history, not just because of everything he did on the court. It is a pity that when we talk about the greatest player in NBA history, many people usually exclude him from this topic. In addition to being an excellent guard, Jerry West is also a rare scorer, as evidenced by his 63 points against the New York Knicks in 1962. West played such an efficient performance in just 39 minutes. He took 36 shots and made 22 goals. He led the Los Angeles Lakers to a 129-121 victory.

The ten youngest NBA players to score more than 60 points in a single game, Michael Jordan made the list three times

The second Michael Jordan, 23 years old and 62 days, scored 63 points

is the god of basketball Michael Jordan, this is the third and last time he has appeared on this list, thanks to his masterpiece of more than 60 points. When Jordan participated in his second playoff game, against the Boston Celtics led by Larry Bird, the young man introduced himself to everyone with a 63-point explosive output, which also made Bird claim that "that It's a God pretending to be Michael Jordan". Unfortunately, Jordan led his Chicago Bulls team still failed to win the final victory of the game, because the team finally lost the game 131-135.

First place, Devin Booker, scored 70 points in 145 days at the age of 20

As most young fans have seen, the Suns' German Booker holds the record for the youngest player to score 70 points in NBA history. Unfortunately for him, the Suns lost 120-130 to the Boston Celtics. We only know that Booker was unstoppable on that day. He scored 51 points in the second half and 28 points in the fourth quarter. He made 21 of 40 shots, including 4 three-pointers and 21 free throws."
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
New BoZ Trivia #2
« Reply #18533 on: May 01, 2021, 01:27:15 PM »

Dev Book the youngest at 20, nearly 3 full years younger than Tatum.
I guess only regular season games are counted, since Jordan was 23 (of course) in his incredible 63 point playoff performance in Boston.

So gotta say no to MJ (with an asterisk) and Elgin, though of the other two players who scored 60 or more before age 24, one has a close connection to MJ and the other a close connection to Elgin.

Elgin had a 61 point game in BOS 50 years ago.

Since Mr. I-make-the-rules-of-Trivia just set a new one, Mr. Google will provide a couple of additional answers, just in case:

The eighth place is Tracy McGrady, who scored 62 points in 291 days at the age of 24.

Tracy McGrady's career has been plagued by injuries, but for those who have seen him play. Everyone knows that Tracy McGrady is the most difficult offensive scorer in the world. His elegant jump shot has made many fans and netizens follow suit. Unfortunately, he has never won a championship, but Tracy McGrady can still dominate the crowd because of him. He scored a game-high 62 points against the Washington Wizards, and the team only scored 108 points.

The seventh basketball emperor Chamberlain, who scored 60 points at the age of 24 and 200 days

We wouldn't be surprised to see Chamberlain on this list, because He is the player with the highest score in a single game in the history of the NBA. His height and physical advantage are so great that the NBA had to establish and change some rules to restrict him. Unfortunately, it didn't work. On December 1, 1961 When Chamberlain led the Warriors, he beat the Los Angeles Lakers and scored 60 points. The team won with a score of 138-117. He made 28 of 48 shots.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PRICELESS 👍
« Reply #18534 on: May 01, 2021, 01:34:35 PM »

I tried to guess.  I got 2 out of 3.
I asked the question to others so they could try it ... after I knew the answer.
I typed slowly that to help you.

I would suggest if you want to know, you google and keep the answer to yourself so others can actually pursue it as a trivia question if they desire.  Dumbfounding that I actually have to explain how a trivia question works to someone.

And until you have an embedded google chip in your brain, google is indeed, by definition, outside research.

Yes, Oh brilliant MASTER! 😇

Thank you for your generous condescension towards us, inferior types!!! 👹
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:37:55 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Going...GOING...?????
« Reply #18535 on: May 01, 2021, 01:58:27 PM »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18536 on: May 01, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »

ATL got Trae, Snell and Dunn back, but Bog (hammy), Huerter (shoulder) and Hunter (knee) all out.  Having serious trouble getting healthy.

Hawks have 7 of last 8 at Home.
PHX; POR and @Ind.
And 4 games v. weak East teams (though Wiz playing better lately).

I'm hoping Knix can win a 4-5 matchup (w/ ATl or BOS) and then play #1 BKY in the 2nd round.  That'd be fun.  Knick D v. BKY O.

The Wiz are no longer a weak team. Period.

And yeah, that's what we're going for, that 4th or 5th spot. And the second round game against the arch motherfuckers from Brooklyn.

That would be fabulous.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Going...GOING...?????
« Reply #18537 on: May 01, 2021, 02:13:07 PM »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #18538 on: May 01, 2021, 02:21:20 PM »

True or false?

Five of the ten best players in the NBA are on 2 teams rosters.

I suppose the answer is yes, if you think Kyrie is better than Tatum and Booker and Lillard and Mitchell....and others who would compete for that 10th spot.

But I don't think so.

So I would say "False."

chipstern

• View Profile
PROJECTIONS [Re: Going...GOING...?????]
« Reply #18539 on: May 01, 2021, 04:01:46 PM »

Wait, what are you hearing?

What I am SEEING. 

The evidence of our EYES. 

Clearly both players are putting in the work. 

Last time Frank saw the floor he promptly drained a three. 

With Burks out, one might've expected Kevin to see some daylight and get some meaningful minutes. 

NOT. 

The pursuit and ultimate buyout and signing of PG/Combo guard LUCA VILDOZA, shades of Pablo Prigioni [who during Coach Woodson's plyoff season and subsequent return to Planet Earth converted threes at a .396% and .464% clip, and while his FT attempts were limited, he converted them at an .880% and .917% rate], certainly puts a knot in the shorts not only of Frank, but of Jared Harper and Elfrid Payton, and seems to indicate the Knicks see Immanuel Quickley going forward as more of a combo guard, a la the Mircowave, Vinnie Johnson, or a scoring/facilitating hand grenade, a la Lou Williams [after a rough stretch, IQ has gotten his second wind as a shooter and scorer, and most significantly as a facilitator and defender].     

I dare say the Knicks AND Derrick Rose want a return engagement in 2021-2022, but likely with a more reasonable workload. 

Likewise, I think that Thibs would really like Reggie back as his 3&D, and Alec back as a versatile wing who can give us coverage at the 2-3-1 spots. 

I mean, here I am breaking my own SCOLD MODE, and projecting to the draft and free agency and next season, less out of the usual ennui as another crapothon comes to an end, as in anticipation of extending on something as foundational as what the Knicks Coaching Staff and Management have managed to establish in the way of a competitive culture in the HEAR AND Fucking WOW. 

I don't KNOW for a Biblical FACT that Frank and Kevin are on their way out, but that their short leash has grown even shorter.  Might we pick up Frank's qualifying offer [$8.3] for next season?  Kevin is due $5.8 next season. 

Now we have the feverish and slightly goofy speculation about Damian Lillard, still in his prime at 30, to go along with Trader Vic speculation about Lonzo Ball. 

Looking at our present 15, one has to wonder how many open spots might there be for draft picks, or if said #1 picks have more relevancy as trading chips?

C: Noel, Robinson, Peele

PF-C: Randle, Gibson, Toppin

SF-PF: Knox

SG-SF: Barrett, Bullock

SG-SF-PG: Burks, Ntilikina

SG-PG: Quickley, Vildoza, Pinson

PG: Payton, Rose, Harper

In closing, a couple of things. 

I count 17 bodies.  So there's that. 

A lot of free agent decisions to be made.  So there's that. 

Mitchell's health going forward [we seem to be committed to him, even, well, ESPECIALLY in light of Nerlens' breakout season].  Trade bait?  Unless it's for something as implausibly over the top as a Dame L, NO.

Are Julius and Obi centers?  Hey, is TAJ GIBSON?  And he has been a motherfucker this season.  WHEN I LOOK AT TAJ, a very effective Swiss Army Knife, and Julius, an MVP class PF, I see no reason why Obi can not be groomed to take on TAJ-Like reponsibilities.  Those bloggers proclaming how we MUST TRADE Obi are delusional.  As are the crow eaters now witnessing R.J.'s breakthrough, though admittedly, he was force fed minutes at a more tangible rate. 

Anyway, an out of focus, all over the map series of...not projections....again, the idle mind is the devil's workshop. 

PS: Agree with BoD that Houston looms as something possibly quite dangerous with Porter and Wood feeling their oats, and Olynk raining down threes. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 04:05:11 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 [1236] 1237 1238 ... 1851