Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145645 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco responds to Bank
« Reply #18570 on: May 02, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »

https://www.thestrick.land/strick/why-derrick-rose-will-always-be-tom-thibodeau-favorite-point-guard

This season, per Cleaning The Glass, Rose has the best plus/minus differential on the team at +9.4 points per 100 possessions. Strangely, though, all of this value — according to the numbers — is coming on the defensive end, where the Knicks are exactly 9.4 points per 100 possessions better with Rose on the floor than off. This is by far the best mark on the roster, and more than double the defensive impact of fellow former Chicago Bull Taj Gibson, who boasts the second-best defensive differential on the team and has been a menace off the bench on that end this season.

With a reputation firmly entrenched as an offensively-minded player, this implied defensive impact is more than a little jarring.

ahhhh....statistics.

One thing there can be no doubt about - ROSE was a GREAT add.

Exec of the year?

Joe Biden

Made his shots count, made America healthy again, drained the swamp!

Bank, baaaaad boy!!! Look at poor Chamaco after reading about how great St. Joe has been:

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco goes after Chip
« Reply #18571 on: May 02, 2021, 08:27:34 PM »

Yeah - if badboy Stern linked to where he got the notion we could all comment

Instead he just spouts

We had nothing left in the tank.  Carmelo wanted THE MONEY, and he got it, selfish jagoff, and we had ZERO talent to surround him with.  Oh, and the following season, his running mate, Amare, well, his body gave out and a regressive downslide.

This is horse crap - Knicks had a pretty good cast with Carmelo - and had a nice run

Chamaco, you vile creature are attacking Chip only because you know he doesn't read your comments, otherwise you wouldn't dare.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18572 on: May 02, 2021, 09:16:55 PM »

Nice Cole Anthony feature at halftime

Would have been a dynamite Knickerbocker
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: May 02, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »

Pass for now. Maybe next contract.

We’re a game up in the win column with two fewer losses notched than the two teams at our heels, Boston and Atlanta, with 8 games left for us to play.

Pelle and Taj are the Pivots for as much of that as necessary to get Noel on his proper springs.

EGT was in effect tonight. Knox did not make the most of it unfortunately.

Major and minor contributors had it going. While there were some lapses, they didn’t matter here.

Keep building. It only gets harder from here. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: May 02, 2021, 10:42:26 PM »

So good, so easy. Play D and hit the three.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18575 on: May 02, 2021, 11:57:18 PM »

Lillard -- I really doubt those assets actually get a top talent such as Dame.

Knix could use a high volume 3-baller and a 4Q closer.  Lillard with crazy range and the game's best clutch shooter.  Would also allow Randle to be a bit more selective in his handling to cut down turnovers, and ease his workload.

Main concern would be how it affects the D.  As Lillard isn't much on D.  Could he be incorporated into Thibs defensive scheme?  Go over all screens and purse the play isn't that hard.

Quix, ObiT, Mitch.  Pretty much just 3 bench/role players.  Noel can start and give you the equivalent of Mitch.  And move Mitch before he cashes in (to whatever extent he can) and before he breaks down further.
The draft picks?
Hard pill to swallow, but if you project them in the 18-24 range, that's likely one starter, one bench guy, one washout.

Yeah, I'd try to cut it to 3 #1's, but in any case POR would want this year's pick, with Knix picking their own #1 every other year.

Basically, upgrade from Elf to superstar Lillard at the cost of young role players and likely late rounders.

Lillard - RJB - Bullox - Randle - Noel = 2 all-stars w/ defenders and 3-ballers.
Rose - Burks - Knox/? - ?? - Taj

Pick up a stretch Big (Markk, Olynyk, Myers Leopard, etc) to open the court at times and backup Uncle Julius.  Add in a vet F such as a MoHark/Aminu/MKG etc.

Roll of the dice, but the Knix would have to go for it.
Why on earth would POR do that?
If they are willing to trade Lillard, wouldn't they be looking for a Top young PG in return --  LaMellow, Ja, Shai, DeJounte. 
They're going to start Quickly at PG?
Basically I'd take Simons over Quix and Zach Collins (if still among the living) over Toppings.  They're going to take a whole bunch of nobodaddies for a top star?
Only the Knix do that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
A ROSE By Any Other Name
« Reply #18576 on: May 03, 2021, 01:04:25 AM »

I figured you would fall for that indefensible pursuit of a shiny object like an egg from a tall chicken, BoD. 

After all IQ and Mitchell have shown? 

Thank God you are gainfully employed on the Pacific Rim. 

Meanwhile...

SPEAKING OF POINT GUARDS?

Derrick Rose was 24-6-4 in 31 minutes with a steal and 4-5 from trey

Perhaps DR is on borrowed time? 

But he grows more confident and relaxed with every game, and while the reverie lasts WE HAVE A FUCKING POINT GUARD and all of our assets moving forward [I would think the Knicks would want to tamp down on Rose's work load out of caution, but he is playing like a stud, he is playing like a leader, and I guess someone forgot to tell him that HE CAN'T SHOOT THREES. I won't tell, if you won't.]

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Chamaco goes after Chip
« Reply #18577 on: May 03, 2021, 01:08:13 AM »

Yeah - if badboy Stern linked to where he got the notion we could all comment

Instead he just spouts

We had nothing left in the tank.  Carmelo wanted THE MONEY, and he got it, selfish jagoff, and we had ZERO talent to surround him with.  Oh, and the following season, his running mate, Amare, well, his body gave out and a regressive downslide.

This is horse crap - Knicks had a pretty good cast with Carmelo - and had a nice run

Chamaco, you vile creature are attacking Chip only because you know he doesn't read your comments, otherwise you wouldn't dare.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Carlos. 

Still...

Why would I care what a deranged sissy has to say about anything....

You say tomato, HE SAY TOEMATOE.

Been there, done that....

Let's call the whole thing off. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:46:32 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Trivia Question
« Reply #18578 on: May 03, 2021, 01:45:10 AM »

Quick, name two...three, FOUR Teams that are currently 36-28

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18579 on: May 03, 2021, 02:24:13 AM »

Gotta say after seeing C Wood two games in a row, not too impressed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18580 on: May 03, 2021, 02:28:37 AM »

No to these silly Lillard musings.  Obi Mitch and Quickley likely have long NBA careers ahead of them.  Maybe no all-stars but I see strong rotation guys.

AND you wanna give away the farm with picks?   No thank you.   Lillard is great, but we will be holding the bag on a declining asset.

I enjoy watching appreciating assets not worrying about a declining one.

One injury and everything is over.

Knicks would be taking an enormous risk.  I just don't see why.   Lillard and Randle isn't a guaranteed championship team. 

Keep building.  I'm not saying NO TRADES ever, i'm saying jump on the best opportunity -- not the first.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:30:40 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18581 on: May 03, 2021, 08:11:19 AM »

Lillard -- I really doubt those assets actually get a top talent such as Dame.

Knix could use a high volume 3-baller and a 4Q closer.  Lillard with crazy range and the game's best clutch shooter.  Would also allow Randle to be a bit more selective in his handling to cut down turnovers, and ease his workload.

Main concern would be how it affects the D.  As Lillard isn't much on D.  Could he be incorporated into Thibs defensive scheme?  Go over all screens and purse the play isn't that hard.

Quix, ObiT, Mitch.  Pretty much just 3 bench/role players.  Noel can start and give you the equivalent of Mitch.  And move Mitch before he cashes in (to whatever extent he can) and before he breaks down further.
The draft picks?
Hard pill to swallow, but if you project them in the 18-24 range, that's likely one starter, one bench guy, one washout.

Yeah, I'd try to cut it to 3 #1's, but in any case POR would want this year's pick, with Knix picking their own #1 every other year.

Basically, upgrade from Elf to superstar Lillard at the cost of young role players and likely late rounders.

Lillard - RJB - Bullox - Randle - Noel = 2 all-stars w/ defenders and 3-ballers.
Rose - Burks - Knox/? - ?? - Taj

Pick up a stretch Big (Markk, Olynyk, Myers Leopard, etc) to open the court at times and backup Uncle Julius.  Add in a vet F such as a MoHark/Aminu/MKG etc.

Roll of the dice, but the Knix would have to go for it.
Why on earth would POR do that?
If they are willing to trade Lillard, wouldn't they be looking for a Top young PG in return --  LaMellow, Ja, Shai, DeJounte. 
They're going to start Quickly at PG?
Basically I'd take Simons over Quix and Zach Collins (if still among the living) over Toppings.  They're going to take a whole bunch of nobodaddies for a top star?
Only the Knix do that.

Excellent post

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18582 on: May 03, 2021, 08:13:50 AM »

Kam

Even if we think RJ may continue toward acceptable Big 3 status, where are we getting the third guy if not by using young assets?

And what other top twenty guy comes available

It's just about a MUST STRIKE situation

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18583 on: May 03, 2021, 10:44:37 AM »

I know Chip is still trying to get over the loss of Iggy, but not sure how others could say NO to a super-stud PG in exchange for a bunch of unproven yute ...

Lillard exactly what this addition of the Knix is lacking.
That starting 5 would vault us into genuine East contention.

Once you have Lillard and Randle (& Thibs), it should be easy to persuade some players to come to NY for the ride.  Just add some FA Forwards.  Maybe at the buyout deadline you pick up a Kevin Love (as BKY did with Blake) or Eric Gordon or whoever for the minimum. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18584 on: May 03, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »

I thought Wood looked pretty interesting.
Able to bring the ball upcourt fluidly, moved the ball well.  Got to the FT line.
Certainly could have had a lot more assists if Rockettes made their shots. 
Christ Wood has been shooting 37% on 3's for the season, but missed all 5 v. NY.

He got a knee to the thigh mid 1Q and was a little hobbled, less energetic after that.
One time just allowed Toppings to beat him downcourt in early offense.  Was really killing it in April, but slowed down the last 2 games to kick off May.

I didn't realize Olynyk was playing well for HOU.  I had been hoping he could be a cheap FA pickup for NYK.  Maybe a 1 year make-good, or a smallish deal.  Was hoping teams might overlook his versatility.  But the numbers he's putting up in HOU suggest he can get paid around the league average ($9M, or so).  Fun player.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:06:06 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1237 1238 [1239] 1240 1241 ... 1861