Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068746 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #19830 on: August 04, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »

Will we see minutes for a small ball lineup of Randle Barrett Fournier Walker and Rose?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Please welcome....
« Reply #19831 on: August 04, 2021, 12:55:41 PM »

Kemba Walker!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422920447256141824

What's not to love?

** OK, 3-14 shooting once-in-awhile, but I'm still all in!
*** Career high 90% from the line last year, can ya feel it?

The Law Firm Of Rose, Aller & Perry

DAMN. 

And whom did we exchange the #32 pick for 34 & 36 with?

SUDDEN SAM PRESTI OF OKC. 

Perry had a relationship with him going back to the Melo Trade, where we took Kanter's contract off his hands + McDermott and the #36 pick for Melo. 

Now all of those moves at #19 and 21, the #1 ice job with Carolina and the #21 to 25 with Clippers, and the 32 flip for 34 and 36 with OKC, passing on Lonzo, MAKE FUCKING SENSE. 

Plus, with all due respect to Brother Bankshot, FUCKING THE CELTICS TWICE IN A FORTNIGHT, as Tight Lipped Leon revels in his use of the Waiver Wire and channels his Inner Red Auerbach. 

Fuck ME.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:05:29 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
DAMN
« Reply #19832 on: August 04, 2021, 01:04:45 PM »

So Sims & Simms as two-ways.

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Fournier Burks Grimes
RJ Quickley Vildoza
Walker Rose McBride

That’s juicy. I’ll take it.

This takes all the pressure off of our rooks and yute in progress. 

Probably Taj and Vildoza in street clothes some nights, Kemba or Derrick on others.  We can mange minutes for Julius and RJ and Evan so Thibs isn't playing them 32-40 a might. 

No Stephen A. Trades.  No Collin Sexton max contracts.  IQ & Deuce gets to learn the ropes from Derrick & Kemba.

Let's see if Mike Vaccarro progress from MEH to YEAH. 

DAMN. 

Wotta way to wake up. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:06:58 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: August 04, 2021, 01:41:37 PM »

Interesting competition between Quickley, Grimes, McBride, and Vildoza for minutes with Walker behind RJ and Rose. Everything else seems pretty well settled if everyone is healthy.

Based on core rotation strength, I think we’re pretty firmly in the 4-8 conversation as we’re not the only team that got better, but our serious depth and continuity combined with coaching acumen might vault us as high as third in the East.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19834 on: August 04, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »

Plus, with all due respect to Brother Bankshot, FUCKING THE CELTICS TWICE IN A FORTNIGHT, as Tight Lipped Leon revels in his use of the Waiver Wire and channels his Inner Red Auerbach. 

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence

The Celtics essentially traded a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and took on Al Horford's contract for Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier to walk to the Knicks for cap space
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #19835 on: August 04, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence

The Celtics essentially traded a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and took on Al Horford's contract for Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier to walk to the Knicks for cap space

Don't forget that they let Terry Rozier walk to the Hornets sign Kemba, 

And turned down Myles Turner and Doug McDermott to sign and trade Hayward. and basically got bumpkus from the Hornets. 

And, this will make the Kamster happy, they just replaced Fournier with Enes Kanter. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: August 04, 2021, 03:01:54 PM »

A nice move.  Hopefully Kemba remains ambulatory.  Which will help Rose stay healthy.
Interesting that the Knix exchanged defense (Elf/Bullocks) for offense.
Scoring was often a problem last year.  Knix might move towards average on both ends.

Only need 20 mpg +/- 5 from Kemba and Rose.
Start Kemba?  Rose - IQ - Burks all played well off each other last year.
Nice bench unit.  A very deep team.
Not going to be minutes for Grimes and McBride (or Knox).
But they can learn and be ready in case of injuries.
Ask Vildoza to stay overseas for now.

With Kemba starting, Knix would have solid shooting around Mitch/Noel.
Hopefully Thibs doesn't run Randle & RJB into the ground again.
Get ObiT some run. 
Deep teams are fun to watch, and ready for any injuries.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19837 on: August 04, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence

Don't forget that they let Terry Rozier walk to the Hornets sign Kemba, 

And turned down Myles Turner and Doug McDermott to sign and trade Hayward. and basically got bumpkus from the Hornets. 

And, this will make the Kamster happy, they just replaced Fournier with Enes Kanter.

You can never get enough due respect.

back atcha Chip

Kemba was broken late in the bubble year and went from all-star to couldn't play. His knees might get better, but watching him get beaten consistently on D, and not be able to accelerate or jump, was painful to watch. And he had to sit/play/sit, it wasn't happening. The had to get rid of him

I think Brads swap with OKC for Al and the #16 saved the Celts about $30 million and they have a bench full of recent 1st rounders (TL, Grant W, Romeo, Nesmith, Pritch) that need a normal year and some playing time.

Fournier wanted to resign but the Celts didn't want to re-up for 3-4 yrs at $18m per, and signed Josh Rich as Fournier insurance.

Brad's play seems to be let a lot of contracts run-off next year and have a lot of cap space for presumably Beal.

We'll see.

They still need a PG, orchestrator for the offense (I think Langford may get a shot with Smart)  Celts should be ok and fun to watch this year as hopefully they get back to playing D again and the the young guys give Tatum and Brown some support.

IMO there are no super teams in the East, Nets Bucks 76ers all look beatable in a series.

Enjoy your new guards

Edit Fournier on the Celts

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/08/03/sports/evan-fournier-preferred-re-sign-with-celtics-we-couldnt-get-deal-done-so-he-chose-knicks/

SAITAMA, Japan — As if the Celtics faithful aren’t frustrated enough about the team’s lack of activity in free agency, newest New York Knicks signee Evan Fournier said Tuesday that his first intention had been to re-sign with Boston.

“That was my priority going into the summer,” he said. “Because I knew the place. I talked to Brad [Stevens] and we couldn’t get a deal done, obviously. But I had my options. It wasn’t necessarily Boston only, but I was more inclined to sign there because they traded for me and I felt good while I was there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 04:37:43 PM by bankshot1 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Rumor ville and conjecture city
« Reply #19838 on: August 04, 2021, 06:26:42 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
ThreadOK, I have a theory. I don't know if the Knicks will wind up able to do it, but the math checks out.

You know the report of a potential Reggie Bullock S&T? It's possible that it was for Jalen Brunson but I don't think it was. I think the Knicks are trying to create a TPE (1/9)
5:45 PM ·

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
35m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
For those who don't know, a Traded Player Exception (TPE) is a way for over-the-cap teams to exceed the salary cap. Last year, Boston "traded" Gordon Hayward into Charlotte's cap space and received a big TPE. They could then absorb salary without needing trades to match (2/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
33m
The Mavs are signing Bullock to 3/$30.5M, which is very close to signing for a three-year MLE. The Mavs are also gaining a $10.8M TPE for dumping Richardson into Boston's TPE. Signing Bullock via the MLE would still give the Mavs their TPE to use over the next 365 days (3/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
TPEs can only be used for trades and S&Ts. Thus, the Bullock S&T rumor. Dallas may prefer to S&T Bullock into their TPE and then spend the MLE on someone like Schroder or Jackson or any player they believe they can sign and help. #acronyms

However, there's an issue... (4/9)

The Richardson trade hasn't been made official yet, so the Mavs don't actually have their TPE to use. Bullock's salary could slide right into that TPE, but with the TPE being held up because no trade has been finalized, the Mavs are likely stuck. This leads us to the Knicks (5/9)
5:50 PM · Aug 4, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
32m
Replying to
@TheCohencidence
You can't keep a TPE if you're under the cap. The Knicks will no longer be under the cap now that they're signing Kemba Walker. But in order to sign Kemba, they have to clear Bullock's cap hold. This could render a S&T pointless, unless the Knicks can get a 2nd round pick (6/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
30m
Or, the Knicks could do something else. They could keep Bullock's cap hold on the books + dump Kevin Knox's salary elsewhere (OKC?).

Knox's salary = $5.85M
Bullock's cap hold = $5.46M

They're similar. Too similar. Then factor in that Knox won't see PT in NY? No brainer (7/9)

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
·
21m
Richardson trade with Boston finally goes through. Knicks dump Knox, keep Bullock's cap hold, sign all their free agents, and extend Rose with his EBR.

Now over the salary cap, the Knicks trade Bullock into the Mavs' TPE. It likely gives NY a TPE of $4.68M (8/9)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #19839 on: August 04, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »

Jeremy Cohen
@TheCohencidence
ThreadOK, I have a theory. I don't know if the Knicks will wind up able to do it, but the math checks out.

Doesn't seem likely but was interesting to read

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19840 on: August 04, 2021, 10:48:44 PM »

So Sims & Simms as two-ways.

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
Fournier Burks Grimes
RJ Quickley Vildoza
Walker Rose McBride

That’s juicy. I’ll take it.

In the playoffs had we had a healthy Mitch and two other starters that must be guarded at all times in Walker and Fournier I dare say Randle and RJ would've had a much easier time creating offense.

Still fucking wrong.

Burks at the backup 2
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19841 on: August 05, 2021, 03:28:00 AM »

I'd take Ball and Bullocks over Kemba and Fournier.
If we're paying Kemba $8M (?) then roughly $6M more or so for that pair.
Certainly better defense than what we got.
I'd also would have prefer Dinwiddie & RegBull over Kemba + Fournier.

I just think the PG position is key and would rather get talent and spend $$  there.  Ball could be the long term PG answer; while Dimwit is entering his prime.  I have Dimwiddie and Fournier as comparable players, just Spencer at a more important position.

I think Thibs wanted to go with Rose and didn't want another good but not great PG reducing Rose's minutes too much.  Kemba could work out, but also might break down.  Not sure his knees can take too much and his D is  hampered by his size and possible limited movement.

Overpaying Fournier (that's what FA is often about) was somewhat underwhelming.  The Kemba pickup a good save so Rose doesn't get ground down.   Don't know if Ball or Dimwiddie were genuine options, but don't see why one or both wouldn't have been interested in NYK.

Could run a poll

Which combo would you prefer:
Ball & Bullocks
Dimwiddie & Bullox
Kemba & Fournier

(maybe need to include the extra $$ involved)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19842 on: August 05, 2021, 03:55:38 AM »

I don’t think we’re starting Kemba. He’s a shrimp with a degenerative arthritic knee. Better to use him as a microwave when he’s available and hope he’s ambulatory down the stretch. He’ll get better results with less wear and tear primarily facing second units. We’re paying Rose more so he can take the lumps.

The difference by which EF and Kemba are better offensively than Bullock and Ball is far greater than the fall off on the other end.

Expect Dinwiddie to be up and down this year and play essentially no D. Glad we have no part of that.

Yes, we’ll get no D from Kemba either which is part of why we should feed him a more limited role commensurate with his new salary where he can excel and really lift this team. 

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19843 on: August 05, 2021, 08:18:35 AM »

Don't know what condition Kemba's condition is in.
Was thinking he might start a la Elf while Rose backs up and finishes.
Would keep Rose in the same role, playing with mostly the same combos.
Was pretty effective.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
We're gonna have to give Bo an extended 100 post
« Reply #19844 on: August 05, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »

.... mourning period.

It's damn hard to see Reggie Bullock go after you finally get Reggie Bullock after a 50-year search for a Reggie Bullock.

*** hell no...loving the Fournier/Kemba combo .. happy as a clam we didn't extend 4 year contracts to either of those other PG guys..we are rocking, and if we're not, we can go out and get whoever the F we want cause we are FLEXI W SHORT EASILY MOVEABLE CONTRAX & PICKS TO BOOT or simply turn to our growing roster of rooks & young players

** poll results without poll
80% happy as pigs in shit
10 % think maybe Ball
9% think maybe Dimwiddie
1% never gonna get over the missing Bollock (it's hard when you lose one as a adult)

Ready for some of this? https://www.nba.com/magic/news/fournier-currently-best-nba-specific-clutch-category-20190303  Can you guess who in the league has made the most shots this season in the final 10 seconds of games when there is a score differential of five points or less? Hoop, hoop, mf'er can hoop! Everybody on the floor can hoop! Imagine that! Now you would rather have 40% of the floor be guys who can't take the rock to the hole? For four years? Hole rhymes with LOL!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:03:47 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1852