Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943130 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
No, you can't
« Reply #20835 on: October 16, 2021, 10:24:28 PM »

Great win

No doubt Thibs wants a win every game approach

Upping my projection to.............

yep...

FIFTY FOUR wins

I'm going to adjust my Knicks win total to 48 wins.

Predictions can be modified until opening game tipoff.

No, they can't. You're not the one keeping score. Cannot be modified after Saturday 9/18/2021.

Kam is at 48, for the record. You can wiggle till opening night.

Ok Fac.

You keep the score.

I would not do nearly as fine a job as you will, Los. Just cut Kam some slack. He only recently found his optimism again.

So now, Chamaco, u wanna keep the score?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:30:03 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20836 on: October 16, 2021, 10:51:26 PM »

Since I (clearly) don't give a shit about prognostication, I'm going to sprint far beyond this forum's faithless congregation of skeptics......

60 WINS!!!

(I had considered 69, but figured that might be a tad much)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: October 17, 2021, 12:59:59 AM »

Only saw the 1st half (so far).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20838 on: October 17, 2021, 03:54:34 AM »

Brandon Knight, Aamir Sims, and MJ Walker have been waived.
Brandon Goodwin will also be waived.
All expected to join the West Chester Knix.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: October 17, 2021, 04:17:17 AM »

Mitch Noel Taj
Randle Obi Knox
RJ Burks Grimes
Fournier Quickley
Walker Rose McBride

Sims Luca

Looks like we are keeping 14 fully rostered plus the 2 two-ways. We start with one guy at each level who probably will not get run, a deep ass rotation, and the open spot to play with as the league comes to terms with reality. Business goes on and meanwhile the Knicks do not look half bad.

I believe in you, Carlos. Only three more days of trouble then nobody can bitch.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20840 on: October 17, 2021, 04:34:03 AM »

I assume Brandon Knight is deep insurance in case both Kemba and Rose disintegrate.

The Trail Blazers waived three name players: Marquese Chriss, Patrick Patterson and Quinn Cook. The Trail Blazers chose to keep Dennis Smith Jr. for the final roster spot on the team.
They needed a Dame backup.

Kris Dunn was cut loose by the Grizzlies, who kept shooting guard Jarrett Culver on the roster.
Dunn is a terrific PG defender.  A lack of O and some injuries have hampered him.
Unclear if Culver has an NBA game.  But he's young.

The Clippers cut Harry Giles, choosing to keep Isaiah Hartenstein on the roster.
Not sure if Giles is healthy or can catch a pass.  There's talent there.  Some iffy team should pick him up.

Rockets waived Dante Exum.
Sloppy, erratic game.  Then injuries.  Much like Muddy.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: October 17, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »

Time to look at some unheralded talent across the league prior to opening season

PAUL REED - Sixers

ISIAH JACKSON - Pacers

BRANDON CLARKE - Grizzlies

DWIGHT POWELL - Mavericks

DONTE DIVINCENZO -  Bucks

DAVID NWABA -  Rockets

More to come before Tuesday tip
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: October 17, 2021, 12:08:08 PM »

We kept Seldon. Theo Pinson replacement for the season.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
No more bitching 👍
« Reply #20843 on: October 17, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »

I believe in you, Carlos. Only three more days of trouble then nobody can bitch.

Thanks Fac 😊
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: No more bitching 👍
« Reply #20844 on: October 17, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

Thanks Fac 😊

Conversation from another planet

heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. heh (and lol) strikes YET again #43,831
« Reply #20845 on: October 17, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »

Thanks Fac 😊

Conversation from another planet

heh

And heh is my best argument

Well, ok, this too...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 01:57:35 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Projections [Time On My Hands]
« Reply #20846 on: October 17, 2021, 02:10:49 PM »

Re-Watched the Second Half of the Knicks-Wizards last evening. 

A few observations.

Marc Berman in the POST, as is his wont, stirring up nonsense as usual, i.e; concerns about Evan Fournier and his shooting. 

Lordy.

The Knicks as a team were pretty chilly from trey until well into the game. 

So what does the "troubled" Evan do?  Nails a sweet IQ floater going to the basket; deuces his man and creates a nice three; and a really pretty pass to a team mate.  Some of his "struggles" would seem to stem from rhythm and learning his team mates, and being a bit more "selfish" vis a vis, Thibs.  You can see a lot of Knicks maybe over thinking the whole UNSELFISH thing, and looking to make the extra pass when they have the shot, and not just Evan, but Derrick and Obi.  A sin of commission.  The unselfishness will balance out.   

Otherwise, second unit is ahead of the first unit, as per Mister Thibs and the evidence of our eyes. 

The Wizards' Brazilian Kemba, that kid Neto, just lit up Walker and the rest of the Knicks.  IMPRESSIVE.  Kemba himself, showing flashes of his genius, but still getting in a rhythm. 

RJ still needs to perfect a midranger off of the bounce, and better finishing at the rack, and to go right just enough to keep defenders honest on his forays to the left.  But HOLY SHIT, for a guy who couldn't find his ass with both hands in a rain storm as a rookie, his three point shooting--and not just from the corner--has turned into a deadly weapon, and you can see him ramping up his D. 

Really loving our depth at the big wing: RJ, Fournier, Burks, Grimes.  And, man, Quentin Grimes has got some stones.  Did he ever get after it on defense in the second half, which will get him minutes, no matter how much depth we have at SF/SG.  And as we saw in summer league, after he got into rhythm, he could get scary hot from trey.  After missing a few against the Wiz, he hit a gigantic trey to key our comeback, and bring us within one as I recall. 

This was a BIG GAME for Obi, and a lot of strong defensive things which wouldn't necessarily show up in the box score.  Played big around the basket with some tenacious offensive rebounding, a couple of blocks and shot changers, opportunistic plays in transition...and of course, how effective he and Julius played as a PF-C tandem.  Mister Thibs indicated it is a genuine option for us going forward, as in his estimation, Obi has gotten a lot better [read: on D].  Obadiah still finding his range on his threes, but they will come...and leave us NOT UNDERESTIMATE the influence of Opi's 6'9' doppleganger, TAJ Fucking GIBSON.  Meanwhile, showing more confidence as he gets opportunities in the box, and that enthusiasm BoD characterized as such ostentatious juvenile jive on the in bounds play, well...our Forum GM may still be getting over his lingering draft day sneer factor.  And based on a very small sample, admittedly, teaming Obi with Julius looks tenable, very tenable, and during the fourth quarter seemed to bring out Randle's Inner Willis.  And perhaps JR can help bring out Obi's Inner Anthony Mason. 

Kemba still getting his rhythm together, and it remains to be seen how he evolves defensively, but Derrick Rose has been fucking unconscious.  The temptation is, as per for Marc Bermans and trolls of the blogospere, is for Derrick to start.  WRONG.  That second unit is building on last season's chemistry, and as we saw against the Wiz, it's WHO FINISHES that matters.  There is a serenity and a wisdom to Rose's game that is a joy to behold, and the work he has put in as a three point shooter, makes him such a dangerous player.  His relationship with Thibs has really evolved on such a spiritual level, and one can only smile thinking about D-Rose's influence on IQ and Deuce, let alone the ongoing evolution of Obi's game, going back to last season. 

CENTER: Hopefully Nerlens will not have any lingering issues, and considering how winded and out of sync Mitchell was, a pretty good effort right out of the gate.  Having Taj and Obi as small ball options with Julius, mitigates the necessity of rushing Nerlens back or piling on minutes to Mitchell until he is ready.  But it was sure great to see him out there getting his sea legs back.  Jericho?  Not sure Thibs sees him as a viable option quite yet, but surely a nice developmental piece. 

THEY CALL ME MISTER THIBS: Loved his attitude in pre-season, less committed to giving players a look, as he is to getting us into regular season rhythm while finding his 10-man rotation, while giving meaningful looks to the next men up, as with Knox and Grimes.  He has remained faithful to IQ as a facilitator despite his struggles, though hey, come the fourth quarter, it ain't about the next man up but THE BEST MAN UP.  I still perceive IQ less as a PG than as a scoring combo, learning when to force his offense, when to look for his shot, and more mature about creating for others.  Dare say he and Deuce are ripping each other new assholes in practice.  GOOD. 

JULIUS: Check.  Again, as with Rose, there is a serenity about him, vis a vis Thibs, vis a vis his wife and children, vis a vis his status as our putative captain and long term commitment to the Knicks [and MAN OH MAN, did he ever take one for the team and leave money on the table] and the city of New York.  Those who were ready to toss JR overboard based on his struggles against Atlanta?  FUCK YOU.  I think Julius recognized that he overthought/overcomplicated things against the Hawks, while Leon and Scott and Thibs recognized that were vulnerable based on offensive limitations, and looked to address them in the off season with the additions of Fournier, Walker, Grimes and McBride, and the development of Obi and IQ. 

ADDENDUM: The much maligned Payton and Smith have played well for their new teams.  Happy for them both to get a second/third chance outside the glaring spotlight of NYC.  Worth noting that while the earthly remains of Kemba represent a significant upgrade on offense and intangibles over Elfrid, I think Neto running wild italicizes what Payton brought to the Knicks.  Obviously, Thibs and the Brain Trust concluded that we very much needed to prioritize offense over defense at the PG, though the drafting of McBride surely anticipates some positive combo of BOTH in the foreseeable future. 

PROJECTIONS:  My original projection was 48-34.  My final call is 50-32. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:14:20 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: October 17, 2021, 03:01:30 PM »

Fournier can pass - yes.

Gordy Heyward Lite

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20848 on: October 17, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »

Chip making up scenarios

NOBODY was tossing Randle anywhere after ATL series.

Now give props to those who liked Randle from way before he even got here.  And fess up that you werent sure early on - and even later -  if his acquisition was wise

Or - as you do - fuggetabotit

chipstern

• View Profile
History
« Reply #20849 on: October 17, 2021, 03:10:29 PM »

FUCK YOU. 

When everyone was offering up human sacrifices for Durant and Irving, I was petitioning for Randle and Portis. 

You wanted my attention, you got it, nose bleed. 
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 1850