Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943111 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20910 on: October 20, 2021, 10:42:22 PM »

Fuck.

Yes.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20911 on: October 20, 2021, 10:54:18 PM »

Fun game

Fournier was unconscious in 4Q and OT

first game as a Celt last year he went 0-for-10

and then got covid

maybe next time Tatum plays

heh
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:56:17 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20912 on: October 20, 2021, 11:01:39 PM »

Sad to see the kid back in the corner.

Schroder absolutely will help.

Knicks back to their lets not defend the three mode

Good win.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20913 on: October 20, 2021, 11:02:27 PM »

Cant give Kemba a pass

Hope it was just rust

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #20914 on: October 20, 2021, 11:23:33 PM »

Not just that Fournier made big shots. It's the swagger. The energy.

(You all over Bullock now?)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20915 on: October 20, 2021, 11:35:05 PM »

Kemba a mild upgrade over Elf so far. We have him at the right salary.

Randle RJ Evan Mitch Obi and Rose all look closer ready. I have confidence in Burks and Taj when they are called upon and I think Kemba will soon find his lane.

49 games left for Jericho.

Randle Obi Evan RJ Rose might be our best unit in the first stretch.

Glad we handled our business as we handed our coach plenty of film to lose sleep over.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20916 on: October 20, 2021, 11:41:23 PM »

Not just that Fournier made big shots. It's the swagger. The energy.

(You all over Bullock now?)

I love that Julius flipped it to Fournier just when it appeared we were in last 2 minute JR one v one mode.  Big three there and showed the respect JR has for the new 2 guard

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20917 on: October 20, 2021, 11:51:51 PM »

Exactly...for a moment I thought we were gonna fritter it away with hero ball..good stuff. Nice that Fournier was bringing some D as well.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #20918 on: October 21, 2021, 12:07:52 AM »

Incredible game.

Most significant to me were the amount of minutes dedicated to Obi and Julius sharing the stage.

That is a huge development.  Obi looks ready to play a big role on this squad.  Fournier has game.

Knicks offense has a chance to be really really good.   I wanna see how RJ adapts his game as he may no longer be the 2nd option.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20919 on: October 21, 2021, 12:14:44 AM »

Exactly...for a moment I thought we were gonna fritter it away with hero ball..good stuff. Nice that Fournier was bringing some D as well.

So much for Stark Berman and his dire concerns over Fournier and his shot.

PS: I love IQ, but his decision making was lame.  Thibs pulled him and never let him disrupt our continuity.

PPS: RJ!  What balls.  He has no rear view mirror.  Sucky first half?  No matter. BANG. 

PPPS:  Julius with another damn near triple double.  Loved that Thibs has pushed the small ball.button with JR & Obi, playing good D, and a runaway train in transition.  When he tunes in his jumper...oh, Doctor.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20920 on: October 21, 2021, 12:41:23 AM »

Mitch Obi and Randle are the choice three bigs for the significant minutes in a crunch time rotation. Taj and Noel make for nice depth with Jericho coming along behind them.

RJ Evan and Burks also seem locks, as does Rose. Everything else is a bit murky.

Kemba is a special case.

IQ, Grimes, McBride, Knox and maybe Selden each could grab a role.

With Orlando and Orlando after this grind, hopefully some youth with be served if only just to rest old or key legs.

Ah, who am I kidding? Thibs rests nobody ever if he thinks they are any good. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20921 on: October 21, 2021, 04:25:05 AM »

1Q: Jaylen Brown went off.  Knows he can shoot over Rose.  Fournier slightly more resistance.  Why not switch RJB on to Jaylen for a piece?  Afraid of Tatum going off?
Jaylen's 1Q 21 points ... uh, maybe we will miss Bullox some.
Knix certainly didn't defend the perimeter well.  Celts mostly stayed away from RJB and largely removed him from the Knick team defense.

I wasn't too excited about Smart as starting PG going in.  But really it lets Brown and Tatum handle and playmake, while Smart functions as a spot up SG.  Always love his D and tenacity.

Fournier wasn't much on D.  But he added a driving element the Knix need.  Two not-easy reverse layups.  Another drive where he did a nifty crossover, might have taken 3 steps, and dished off to Jericho Sims (fouled at the rim, so Fournier didn't get the assist he deserved).

Overall the Fournier-Walker swap of O for D sure played out 1st half of 1st game.

Randle took a good deal of tough iso shots.  Made his first two 3's.  But forced the issue a few times.  Celts had much better ball movement than NYK.  Missed a few wide open 3's.

2Q:
Quix not exactly looking to pass.  Made a long floater.  Then jacked a 27' that missed the rim and allowed Time Lord to leak out for an easy layup.  Instead of getting back IQ tried to jam the ballhandler to block the pass.  Not good.  ObiT hesitated on a 3 because midget Schroder was closing out late.  Then tried to post Schroder.  Passed out, got it back, traveled.  Er.

Things got sloppy mid-2Q.  Both teams with wild miscues.  NYK coming back behind power-Julius.  BOS had a 14 or so point lead.  Hit 50 before the mid-point of the 2Q.  Then started missing fairly open 3's, and turning the ball over.

1st half Knix have done a poor job guarding 3's.
Where's RJB on O?  Last year he was pretty dynamic 4Q, but has had a real silent 1st half.

Randle taking over (as he should while guarded by the smaller Grant Williams).
Smart gave Randle more resistance.
But Julius was a one man comeback.
Let's hope he won't be worn down in 4Q crunch time.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20922 on: October 21, 2021, 10:30:37 AM »

RJB got going 3Q. Twice just spotting up and Randle kicking out to him. 
ObiT got all revved in transition. Probably his best game as a Knick, despite missing all his shots beyond 5'.  Toppin' even got two blocks, recovering after getting blown by.

Knix looked really good pushing the pace.  Allowed the ObiT/Randle pairing to work, though they did give up a number of wide open corner 3's (mostly to Grant Will).

Tatum just didn't seem to have any legs.  Couldn't make 3's.  Couldn't score at the rim.
Time Lord had some nice blocks.  You hardly ever see Randle's outside J get blocked.

Fournier with a clutch 3 late and a great cut very late to put Knix up 4.  But then Evan and Kemba really botched the final play of the 4Q, allowing Celts to tie it up.  O/D.

I was thinking it was a game of runs, and then BOS rips off 8 straight to get back into it late.
Rather sloppy game by both teams.
Jaylen Brown was awesome.

I'm gonna watch me some OT.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
that once every 50 years Bullox
« Reply #20923 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »

... uh, maybe we will miss Bullox some.

lmao, no that is not a takeaway from this game :)
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20924 on: October 21, 2021, 11:12:35 AM »

Opening play of OT and noone guards Jaylen?!?
Was Randle's man, and he died on a screen and made little effort.  Fatigued?  Worn to a thib?

Wow, what a rollicking OT.  Everybody bombing shots in, especially Fournier.
For this game at least, Fournier has taken on the RJB 2nd scorer role and kept Burks on the bench. 

Interesting that Thibs finshed the 4Q with Kemba (who made some real bad passes leading to the BOS late 4Q lazarection).  And then in OT, with Kemba still in, Randle played Point running the offense.

Damn Dub-OT to open the season.  Guess Randle and RJB will wind up around 50 mins.
Randle took the Knix last OT shot and missed a 3.  Likely tired legs at that point.
Not sure why Celts last OT possession for the win was Tatum, off all game, going against the Knix best defender (RJB).  Randle was on Jaylen.  I like that a world better for the Celts.

Wild game.  Fournier with a career high 32.  Had a great stroke in OT(s).  Yeah, Knicks D was frequently messy, but the O was there.  D should improve once Taj (and Noel) are back. 
Helluva G1.

Celts and Knix kinda even.
Bos was missing Horford (useful to try to slow down Randle) and Josh Rich, a good defender, who could have been out there on Fournier. 
Rose was back in for the 2nd OT and had a big hesitation bucket late.
Game ball to Fournier.  Had what?  19 points last few minutes of 4Q and the 2 OT's?

Knix D obviously missed Elf and Bullox (and Taj/Nawlins).
Guy Reg woulda been checking nearly went for 50.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:18:22 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1393 1394 [1395] 1396 1397 ... 1850