Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964261 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21210 on: November 11, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »

At least we managed the fake comeback for a minute there.

FAKE Comeback. 

Came all the way back on inspired play by Rose, Quickley, Burks, Gibson and Obi. 

By the end of this game, New York would have three of the top 32 players in basketball where total plus/minus is concerned: Obi Toppin (32nd, +57), Immanuel Quickley (24th; +64) and of course, the indefatigable Derrick Rose (9th; +95). That Quickley finds himself here after starting the season in such a hellacious shooting slump is a testament to how much he has improved, as is the case with Obi Toppin, who has played fewer minutes than anyone ahead of him on the list other than three bench cogs for the league-best Warriors.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21211 on: November 11, 2021, 01:20:57 PM »

Fournier has been somewhat frustrating lately.  Sometimes he looks smooth and lights out.  Then other times he makes dumb fouls, stumbles around, shoots airballs.  He absolutely adds a shot creation element Knix didn't have, able to both shoot and drive.  But these stretches where he disappears or plays badly are becoming more pronounced.  And this has been a problem throughout his career.  In ORL I often attributed it to trying to do too much.  But I'm inclined to blame mental focus. 

Otherwise, Fournier doesn't seem integrated into the Knick offense.  Seems to be mainly doing his own thing.  Such a wildcard isn't necessarily a bad thing, though more commonly found on 2nd units.  Also it's still early going.  Fournier slumping some in NOV. (25% on 3's).  And while better than Burks, I'd also rate Fournier's D as below average.

Yeah, interesting...on and off...smooth or stumbling, definitely seems like a guy who can evolve or devolve with the lineup or team. Hopefully we'll have more of the former happening.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21212 on: November 11, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »

No five man unit in the NBA has played more minutes together than the Knicks starting five, who has a negative 14.4 net rating in 205 minutes of court time. That rating is the second worst of the leagues 20 most used quintets, ahead of only the starting five of the tanking Rockets. No one else in that group of 20 is worse than a minus 4.3.

Wow - we suck
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21213 on: November 11, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »

Haven't been able to see the MIL game.
But every Buck starter shot over 50% on 3's.
And Knix again got beat on the boards.
MIL was missing 3 starters.
Our NY Celts backcourt scored 4 points.
At least Randle got some rest  ...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 03:51:11 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21214 on: November 11, 2021, 03:49:33 PM »

I was looking at our lineups and it is clear Rose is our best PG and Taj is our best center in terms of knowing how to impact games with the juice they can muster. You do not want to play either guy more than 30 minutes a game.

The other thing that jumped out was that Kemba has only been effective playing with Taj. This makes sense because Taj has the best spacing, timing, sets the best picks, catches, shoots, and finishes all in ways that support and elevate his pg. he also knows how to cover on the back end with minimal mistakes.

Rose should play with everyone but Kemba, since he makes them all better, for about 28 minutes, 8 with Taj. Taj should play his other 20 minutes caddying Kemba through the backup PG minutes. This throttles Mitch minutes until he can build Kemba synergy and take minutes back from Taj. A slight dip in minutes for Mitch might also light a fire under his ass while at the same time giving him more rope to gamble in foul/block situations allowing for more aggression from him on the court.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Coach Fac
« Reply #21215 on: November 11, 2021, 07:23:41 PM »

Hey Fac, you're making too much sense.

I want you to be the Knicks next coach.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21216 on: November 11, 2021, 09:36:39 PM »

Lets let Thibs see how he can work it out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Coach Fac
« Reply #21217 on: November 11, 2021, 10:17:17 PM »

Hey Fac, you're making too much sense.

I want you to be the Knicks next coach.

Lets let Thibs see how he can work it out.

I mean after Thibs. You can start with him, as an assistant coach. He could use your advice.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:36:47 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21218 on: November 11, 2021, 10:23:47 PM »

Stop already

This only matters with bad teams

Steven A corrected Wilbon on ESPN studio show - "Stop it - they still had Giannis - they still had Holiday...."

And wouldnt you think that when the second unit shooters are so hot it was actually a PLUS that K Middles missed the game?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Doc Rivers
« Reply #21219 on: November 11, 2021, 10:36:10 PM »

76ers lost again (They still have a better record than we do)

Chamaco very happy. He REALLY hates Doc Rivers.
- Help Chamaco Cartero! -(he needs it much more than Andy Parker)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:52:20 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21220 on: November 12, 2021, 05:26:35 AM »

Stop already
This only matters with bad teams

Completely wrong imo.
Having 5 man units out there who haven't played much NBA time together means defensive rotations will be missed, ball movement and spacing less crisp, decision-making on both ends less swift, etc.  And then there's the domino effect so that 3rd stringers become the 2nd unit, which is of course sub-optimal.  Indeed the Knick 2nd unit outplayed the remnants of the MIL bench and got NYK back in the game.  Typical when you're missing 2 or 3 players.  You have to rely on a lot of guys stepping up -- and 2 or 3 guys stepping up into starting roles,and three deep bench guys stepping up into 2nd unit roles.  No coach would say it doesn't matter.

Steven A corrected Wilbon on ESPN studio show - "Stop it - they still had Giannis - they still had Holiday...."
Steven A is entertainment and paid to be loudly opinionated and contrarian.
I haven't seen him in years, but likely he's still wrong about nearly everything.

And wouldnt you think that when the second unit shooters are so hot it was actually a PLUS that K Middles missed the game?
Very misguided thinking here.  The Ewing Effect or whatever.  Middleton is an excellent defender and can create his own shots.  Also draws defenders and feeds others. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21221 on: November 12, 2021, 08:51:14 AM »

Steven A is entertainment and paid to be loudly opinionated and contrarian.

This isn't good forum.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21222 on: November 12, 2021, 08:53:14 AM »

Very misguided thinking here.  The Ewing Effect or whatever.  Middleton is an excellent defender and can create his own shots.  Also draws defenders and feeds others.

But is not missed in the short term when his TEAM is cooking well - as in when they played Knicks.  After Celts-Bucks, we will re-visit
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:31:58 PM by kidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21223 on: November 12, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »

When ObiT was rampaging the 4Q, MIL would have surely liked to have Middleton out there.
There's also the ripple effect of Giannis and others have to play long minutes which can affect them for the next game.

On the play I described when Burks made a wrong rotation to double Embiid, Taj saw the error and sprinted all the way from doubling the left elbow 3 to try to contest GreenyDan's right corner 3.  Taj really hustles and works his ass off on every play.

Watching the MIL game, and an outside Bucks shot goes up, and Taj sees Giannis try to sneak baseline for a rebound, so Taj gets low and puts his butt into Greek's path.  Winds up with both on the ground.  This was like 16' out on the baseline, but Taj just wasn't taking anything for granted.  Also, loved when Taj blocked Giannis' paint shot.

Something I forgot to mention and didn't see anywhere.  On the play when Luka hit the buzzer beater v. Celts.  The ball went out of bounds with 12 secs left on the clock and under 6 on the shot clock.  Tie game.  Luka catches the ball and Smart fouls him as he crosses the midline, with 11 on the game clock, 5 on the shot clock.  The foul gave Mavs a new shot clock (so turned off then).  Without the foul, Luka is at halfcourt with 5 secs to get off a shot, and the Celts should get the ball back with 5 or 6 secs.  Instead the not so Smart foul let Luka have 11 secs and no shot clock to get the Celts the ball back.  Terrible foul.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Why the starting lineup is struggling
« Reply #21224 on: November 12, 2021, 11:50:26 AM »

In his last four games, Walkers is averaging 4.8 points, 3.0 assists and is shooting 22.9 percent overall and 10.5 percent from deep in 22.1 minutes of action. Last year, in what was considered his worst season in at least half a decade, Walker had three games in which he put up single digits total. He has now done it four times in a row.

On the year, Walker is averaging 7.1 drives per game in 25.7 minutes. He is hitting 39.3 percent of his 2.5 field goal attempts on these drives, and in perhaps the most telling number, is getting to the line just 0.4 times.

Some of these number are a far cry from last season (1.3 FTAs on 10.2 drives, with a 50.3 fg% on 4.1 FGA/gm in 31.8 minutes), to say nothing of his last season in Charlotte (15.2 drives in 34.9 minutes, good for 9th in the league, to go with 6.9 FGA/gm at 49.9 percent shooting and 2.4 FTA/gm).

---

Walker isn't driving to the hoop.
Fournier isn't making his long jump shots.
Mitchell looks hobbled.

3/5 of our SL is compromised in some fashion.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:52:40 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 1851