Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964370 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
well...
« Reply #21765 on: December 17, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »

.... Bo be damned, good practice for Miles as he may have to play all 48 next game.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21766 on: December 17, 2021, 01:34:26 PM »

At times Fournier tuning out is almost a tangible visible thing.
Late 2Q, he misses a pair of FT's.
Then pushes a guy in the back on an entry pass.  Knix in the penalty so FT's for HOU, making a run.  Next play Fournier plays catch with Randle and then fires a 3 over the rim.  It's as if his 6-hour energy concoction ran out 5 minutes ago.

Both visible and tangible...on both offense and defense unfortunately.
Fournier in decent groove. Leaves game.
Comes back in as Knicks are beginning long stretch of horrible iso possessions over 2nd and 3rd quarters that has announcers cringing and results in lead that diminishes from 17 to none. No effort to set things up for the shooter who was hot. Think Randle & Quick the main culprits but I was tuning out so can't be sure.

Fournier has plenty of issues, but think his attention deficit problems might be diminished on a team that doesn't play ass-stupid for such long stretches.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:36:21 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: well...
« Reply #21767 on: December 17, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »

.... Bo be damned, good practice for Miles as he may have to play all 48 next game.

There may even be a Wayne Seldon sighting.

It is even possible that Thibs takes the bubble wrap off Kemba for this one.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: well...
« Reply #21768 on: December 17, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »

At this point how confident can we be that Deuce won't be entering the protocol also?

NBA should postpone the game we can't field a squad like this.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21769 on: December 17, 2021, 03:37:36 PM »

At this point how confident can we be that Deuce won't be entering the protocol also?

I am not unconfident.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21770 on: December 17, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »

It's that time of year again - looks at the CBA (China. that is)

Jamaal Franklin is longggg overdue to be brought over.

For what it's worth, JIMMER, not currently active, does expect to play somewhere before season's end.

chipstern

• View Profile
Thibs & Padre Riles: HOW MINUTES ARE EARNED
« Reply #21771 on: December 17, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »

FOOTNOTE: All Of Our Ongoing Threads Of Analysis & Criticism May Very Well Be Very Moot AND Very Soon. 

Okay, with that out of the way...

I have a number of issues with Thibs, not to mention Leon Rose [James Dolan's number has been retired.] 

But Given The Unexpected Presents We Have All Discovered Under Our XMAS Tree, Owing In Part To The Principle Of NEXT MAN UP...

I think it is worth pointing out that while the jury is still out, we can look balefully with 20/20 hindsight on some of the front offices Free Agent moves. 

But our draft class of Quentin Grimes,[Rokas Jokubaitis], Miles McBride and Jericho Sims, when thrust into play, given the exigency of the moment, have MANNED UP AND THEN SOME. 

We have also seen, their ups and downs fully acknowledged, significant growth from Knox, Mitchell, RJ, Obi and Quickley. 

I count 8 Knicks player under the age of 23 that are all under development.  When was the last time in historical memory, we could point to THAT as an ongoing reality. 

Okay...AND THIS FROM A COACH WHO IT IS ALLEGED DOES NOT DEVELOP YOUNG PLAYERS. Hello. 

I believe, given TT's rep for being vet happy, and his alleged marriage to what many of us would consider a very stodgy, old school offensive style, I think in all fairness we should acknowledge that there appears to be an ongoing spitirual/stylistic joust between the VETERANS and THE BREAKFAST CLUB, with Julius crossing over to both. 

The evidence before us, is that all season long, the starters have been wildly up and down, and the bench has saved our bacon time and time again, and given us a style of play with the kind of pacing and tempo and ball movement and tenacity that Thibs keeps touting in his pronouncements to the media. 

It is worth noting given the dramatic impact of our rookies and our puppies, that COVID willing, we are at a crossroads in Thibs' journey and in the evolution of this team, given the exile of Walker, the up and down struggles of Fournier and Burks, and the Jeckyl & Hyde nature of Randle's games. 

Which brings us to...

Monica McNutt

Not only is this former Georgetown baller tall, tan and terrific, with the most be still my heart chops this side of the eternally funky Millie Jackson...

But she is also personable, engaging, funny and a terrific basketball analyst, and Monica's breakdown last night of DEUCE ON THE LOOSE, and the energy and smarts he brought to both sides of the ball, was Dead ON. 

Monica and Alan Hahn made a very strong case for promoting the puppies, and making them a first unit, and our veterans the second unit, pointing out that given the puppies' success, that THIBS has some decisions to make, and soon. 

Just off the top of my head, I would think that RJ would be a much better fit with some combo of Deuce-IQ-Grimes, where the ball is moving, and people are in motion, than with Fournier and Burks, hanging out in the corner, watching Julius pound the rock. 

The challenge for Thibs [and Julius] is how to best mesh with our Yute and our Vets, and how to thus field players on the court and distribute minutes. 

The sheer ENERGY and PACE we get from players like Obi and IQ, Grimes and McBride, has to be accounted for.  Or some combination therein. 

When we put away the pesky Rockets [Kenyon Martin's son was a MF] in the final quarter last night, as memory servies, this was the team we had on the floor. 

Mitchell
Taj
Burks
IQ
Deuce

Thibs noted that they had a really nice run, and so he decided to leave Julius on the bench to get some extra rest [WHAT A FUCKING CONCEPT].  The ball was moving, the offense was not static, their was defensive energy, and the pace and tempo was lively. 

As Hahn and McNutt made clear, THIBS HAS SOME DECISIONS TO MAKE

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 05:28:29 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #21772 on: December 17, 2021, 05:19:43 PM »

Thibs campaigned hard, VERY HARD, for the Knicks to draft McBride. 

15 points
9 assists
4 steals
ZERO Turnovers

For Whom The Bell Tolls...

Deuce, it tolls for THEE

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 05:26:32 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21773 on: December 17, 2021, 05:25:31 PM »

Kyrie, The Return

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21774 on: December 18, 2021, 11:01:44 AM »

Lakers Timberwolves game was fun. Towns in first half was on a mission, killing it around the basket and tossing in a couple of threes.

Best part was Isaiah Thomas who Lakers brought in to help the depleted lineup. Ended up leading the team in scoring.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #21775 on: December 18, 2021, 11:20:45 AM »

Too bad LeBJ shoved a Twolf into Anthony Davis damaging his knee.

Then in one of the dumb things that pass as normal, when a $20M NBA athlete injures his leg, he hobbles off with his arm around two guys shoulders as you'd do in the park.  Never understand why they don't immediately get weight off the injured lower limb and use some kind of cart or riding device.  AD actually collapsed in the tunnel, which could/might have caused more damage.  Not saying every sprained ankle requires a wheelchair, but I'd have some motorized cart for all knee and back injuries.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
Saved from another Thibs Rookie Overplay...
« Reply #21776 on: December 18, 2021, 11:26:15 AM »

not very, lol, lol, good predicting!

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472234456664657922

lesterluv

• View Profile
This is not your grandfather's covid...
« Reply #21777 on: December 18, 2021, 11:34:06 AM »

On the positive side, these (at least with our team) are all breakthrough infections.
The vaccinated tend to clear the virus much more quickly than the unvaxxed. Two neg tests and you're back.
How long was Westbrook out, like 5 minutes? Our Knicks should start trickling back shortly.

*** if they don't, well, pretty negative portent for the wider OMICRON WAVE
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:36:20 AM by lesterluv »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21778 on: December 18, 2021, 12:13:30 PM »

Too bad LeBJ shoved a Twolf into Anthony Davis damaging his knee.

Then in one of the dumb things that pass as normal, when a $20M NBA athlete injures his leg, he hobbles off with his arm around two guys shoulders as you'd do in the park.  Never understand why they don't immediately get weight off the injured lower limb and use some kind of cart or riding device.  AD actually collapsed in the tunnel, which could/might have caused more damage.  Not saying every sprained ankle requires a wheelchair, but I'd have some motorized cart for all knee and back injuries.

Yeah, I was thinking about your comments on this phenomenon when I saw him collapse.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21779 on: December 18, 2021, 01:30:24 PM »

heh
Pages: 1 ... 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 ... 1851