Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964064 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Say whaaat?
« Reply #23160 on: March 24, 2022, 05:31:41 AM »

Jules and Ev for John Wall, KJ Martin and a top pick swap.

Fac, I like you and even wanted you to be a coach for the Knicks, but as a trader... have mercy!

This is about the craziest of all the many crazy trades you have concocted. What have you been smokin today?

Come to San Diego, brother. Let me know how you are getting in

My thought is that we can and likely will either move Kemba or use him appropriately as Charlotte is with IT at the moment, Augie at the Lakers, Ish where ever he is this year, etc.

Removing our two largest salaries to have mega cap space not this coming year, but the one after.

Rockets have a top five pick so you have an even steven chance that someone as good as Bolomero or Murry or better is around when the Rockets pick

So let us look at who is on the books minus the players coming back if we do this deal

Sims Taj Noel
Obi
Reddish Burks
RJ Grimes
Rose IQ McBride Kemba

Resign Mitch, trade or stretch Noel and Kemba, add the Rockets players coming back and for arguments sake Murray in the draft

Mitch Sims Taj
Obi Martin Murray
RJ Cam
Burks Grimes IQ
Wall Rose McBride

You have a roster spot and the two twoways to play with. You are off the cap by not much one way or the other. Wall comes off the books at his balloon rate. If it works you try to resign Wall on a reasonable deal, opening the chance to add more or keep breakout talent.

On the flip, you get a Wood - Randle - Sengun frontcourt to go with the young stable of guards and wings. You also get the Knicks all time single season leader in made threes to kick out to from double teams. And you are bringing Randle home to Texas. Are they going to get more out of Wall for that money? It gives Houston two real vets that do not step on their kids toes and a cheaper rookie salary in a deep and interesting draft.

Think about the switchable defensive prowess and overall energy a second unit with Grimes, Reddish, and KJ Martin would bring. You could have a freaking band saw there.

It might still be nuts, but I like it for both sides. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23161 on: March 24, 2022, 05:54:55 AM »

Looking at that roster, I think I would run the lineups differently

I am assuming if that roster came together, Rose would pull the same deal with Wall as he did with Kemba, and that aside from that starter, if the kids can hold their own you let the young vets play big and extensive minutes. Rumor is we are keeping Thibs after all.

Mitch Sims Taj
Obi Martin Murray
Reddish Burks
RJ Grimes IQ
Wall McBride Rose

Play eleven with Taj Murray and Rose being situational. If Wall and Rose  are both banged up we have Deuce and IQ supported by Burks or maybe just Burks.

Mitch Sims Taj
Obi Martin Murray
Reddish Grimes
RJ Burks
IQ McBride Wall Rose

Or totally serving youth and catching a home run in the draft

Mitch Sims Taj
Obi Murray
Reddish Martin
RJ Grimes Burks
IQ McBride Wall Rose

I might still be looking for a small forward or a swing or a stretch with some form of a serious intimidation factor to round things out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:00:09 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Interesting
« Reply #23162 on: March 24, 2022, 08:54:37 AM »

How crisp and cohesive the ball movement is without Randle OR Barrett dominating the rock.

Enjoyable night for sure.  As I said alll along - do not deal Toppin.  Lefthanded dunk off the lob (Clyde called it the Statue of Liberty) - incredible

Knicks helped Nets as well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Sharing The Rock: Ball Movement, Cohesion, Efficiency
« Reply #23163 on: March 24, 2022, 03:29:40 PM »

Fournier

34 Minutes
12 points
1 board
7 assists

Toppin

40 Minutes
18 points
11 boards
6 assists
1 steal
1 block
0 turnovers

Quickley

21 Minutes
10 points
5 boards
7 assists

McBride

11 Minutes
3-of-4 from Trey
2 boards
1 assist

RJ

38 Minutes
30 points [10/19, 3-7 trey, 7-8 FTs]
3 boards
3 assists
1 steal

Hoping we get to see the same lineups against Miami, who will be hopping mad after a loss last night to the Warriors, and some serious agita between the Coach/Haslem and Butler. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23164 on: March 24, 2022, 04:29:34 PM »

Please....lay off the McB stats - you give them only when somewhat impessive

Key for Barrett was back to back 30s - though it took a slew of shots first time out.  SECOND time this  year.  If you had told anyone RJ would have 30 4 times prior to season....

nahhhh... especially not 2 b2bs.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23165 on: March 24, 2022, 04:31:11 PM »

Hoping we get to see the same lineups against Miami, who will be hopping mad after a loss last night to the Warriors, and some serious agita between the Coach/Haslem and Butler.

Gonna go out on a limb and say Julius may pull a Rose - be done for the year.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23166 on: March 24, 2022, 04:35:24 PM »

Please...lay off the RjB 30s..they are absolutely meaningless if it takes 25 shots to achieve, and a sign of terrible basketball decision making. We are 0-5 when he vomits up shots like that.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #23167 on: March 24, 2022, 04:57:41 PM »

Jules and Ev for John Wall, KJ Martin and a top pick swap.

Fac, I like you and even wanted you to be a coach for the Knicks, but as a trader... have mercy!

This is about the craziest of all the many crazy trades you have concocted. What have you been smokin today?

Come to San Diego, brother. Let me know how you are getting in

My thought is that we can and likely will either move Kemba or use him appropriately as Charlotte is with IT at the moment, Augie at the Lakers, Ish where ever he is this year, etc.

Removing our two largest salaries to have mega cap space not this coming year, but the one after.

Rockets have a top five pick so you have an even steven chance that someone as good as Bolomero or Murry or better is around when the Rockets pick

So let us look at who is on the books minus the players coming back if we do this deal

Sims Taj Noel
Obi
Reddish Burks
RJ Grimes
Rose IQ McBride Kemba

Resign Mitch, trade or stretch Noel and Kemba, add the Rockets players coming back and for arguments sake Murray in the draft

Mitch Sims Taj
Obi Martin Murray
RJ Cam
Burks Grimes IQ
Wall Rose McBride

You have a roster spot and the two twoways to play with. You are off the cap by not much one way or the other. Wall comes off the books at his balloon rate. If it works you try to resign Wall on a reasonable deal, opening the chance to add more or keep breakout talent.

On the flip, you get a Wood - Randle - Sengun frontcourt to go with the young stable of guards and wings. You also get the Knicks all time single season leader in made threes to kick out to from double teams. And you are bringing Randle home to Texas. Are they going to get more out of Wall for that money? It gives Houston two real vets that do not step on their kids toes and a cheaper rookie salary in a deep and interesting draft.

Think about the switchable defensive prowess and overall energy a second unit with Grimes, Reddish, and KJ Martin would bring. You could have a freaking band saw there.

It might still be nuts, but I like it for both sides.

So... you are giving up on Julius, King Julius of last season, and Fournier for a Wall who may or may not be good, and whatever pick we get plus what may or may not be two years down the line.

Julius is not at all old, and we know he can be a very, very good player. Maybe all he needs is better coaching (that's where you come in) or a better PG. And Evan can be a very useful player if used properly.

So, like you said, It might still be nuts, INDEED!

PS. I did not know you lived in San Diego. They must be selling good stuff in there.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
You did?
« Reply #23168 on: March 24, 2022, 05:04:43 PM »

As I said alll along - do not deal Toppin.  Lefthanded dunk off the lob (Clyde called it the Statue of Liberty) - incredible

You said alll (triple l) along? Like...when?

Chamaco keeps the corpse of Matthew Perna in his "thoughts and prayers".
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23169 on: March 24, 2022, 05:55:22 PM »

Please....lay off the McB stats - you give them only when somewhat impessive

Key for Barrett was back to back 30s - though it took a slew of shots first time out.  SECOND time this  year.  If you had told anyone RJ would have 30 4 times prior to season....

nahhhh... especially not 2 b2bs.

FUCK YOU. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Earth To Dawg
« Reply #23170 on: March 24, 2022, 06:00:57 PM »

Please...lay off the RjB 30s..they are absolutely meaningless if it takes 25 shots to achieve, and a sign of terrible basketball decision making. We are 0-5 when he vomits up shots like that.

You appear to be suffering from KiidReflux Disease

Last night RJ did not dominate the ball, was efficient [10-19], converted 7-8 FTs, and did not force the action.  It was an honest 30 and we won.  Both positive signs. 

RJ has a ways to go for sure.  He is a rising star as a scorer, but still has much work to do as a shooter, where his jump shot is still suspect, as is his FT shooting. 

But I'll tell you this about our puppy.  He has NO REAR VIEW MIRROR, and if he stinks up the joint one game, you may readily observe improvement in the next. 

PS: Be reminded RJ is 21. 

PPS: Did I mention how Kiid can take the tumescent penis out of his smug, sneering hand, and along with his dissmissive hard on for Miles McBride, ram it up his capacious ass?  No?  My bad.  This from the man who years later still finds it in what passes for his reasoning to sing the praises of Jordan Hill, which serves but to bolster his street cred. 

PPPS: FUCK YOU THRICE, Kiid.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:05:10 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Obi Kanoobee
« Reply #23171 on: March 24, 2022, 06:10:15 PM »

Obi has a ways to go, but last night was his best as a Knick, since, not coincidentally, he didn't have to look over his shoulder for the Quick Thibian Hook and got 40 minutes.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLAmAS7gWew

18-11-6

My fave moment, both for Obi in particular and the Knicks in general, comes at 00:46, where Burks brings up the ball, Obi makes a read and a cut [MOTION, MOVING WITHOUT THE BALL, MY GOD] and Burks lays down a sweet bounce pass, as Toppin glides to the hoop for an emphatic ramadamna flush on a perectly executed back door play.  Actual HOOPS in the classic mode. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23172 on: March 24, 2022, 06:58:04 PM »

Sorry but proving he could score 30 was one of the next important steps in  Barrett's development.

14 ppg  -------->  20 ppg.

Thats a different player

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23173 on: March 24, 2022, 08:56:59 PM »

So... you are giving up on Julius, King Julius of last season, and Fournier for a Wall who may or may not be good, and whatever pick we get plus what may or may not be two years down the line.

Julius is not at all old, and we know he can be a very, very good player. Maybe all he needs is better coaching (that's where you come in) or a better PG. And Evan can be a very useful player if used properly.

So, like you said, It might still be nuts, INDEED!

PS. I did not know you lived in San Diego. They must be selling good stuff in there.

Julius is not old and he has enviable skills and physique, but he is tough to play with and he has not after a while in the league mastered his emotions. Fournier is OK. He just is not as good as anyone behind him or around him on the depth chart.

Trading them for Wall and younger guys who fill actual roster needs and who have styles of play that lifts the pack makes sense now. We went into this year thinking we might only be a year away. It turns out we were a year away from being a year away. A smart team would recognize this and act.

Also, any big who has pinch post responsibility in a Thibs offense is going to rack up serious assists. This has been true going back to Jo No on the Bulls.

They do sell good stuff in San Diego, just not as good as what I grow.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23174 on: March 24, 2022, 09:23:37 PM »

The Knicks coach that sadly never was

ERIC MUSSELMAN takes down Gonzaga
Pages: 1 ... 1543 1544 [1545] 1546 1547 ... 1851