Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145080 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Say whaaat?
« Reply #23175 on: March 24, 2022, 10:13:28 PM »

So... you are giving up on Julius, King Julius of last season, and Fournier for a Wall who may or may not be good, and whatever pick we get plus what may or may not be two years down the line.

Julius is not at all old, and we know he can be a very, very good player. Maybe all he needs is better coaching (that's where you come in) or a better PG. And Evan can be a very useful player if used properly.

So, like you said, It might still be nuts, INDEED!

PS. I did not know you lived in San Diego. They must be selling good stuff in there.

Julius is not old and he has enviable skills and physique, but he is tough to play with and he has not after a while in the league mastered his emotions. Fournier is OK. He just is not as good as anyone behind him or around him on the depth chart.

Trading them for Wall and younger guys who fill actual roster needs and who have styles of play that lifts the pack makes sense now. We went into this year thinking we might only be a year away. It turns out we were a year away from being a year away. A smart team would recognize this and act.

Also, any big who has pinch post responsibility in a Thibs offense is going to rack up serious assists. This has been true going back to Jo No on the Bulls.

They do sell good stuff in San Diego, just not as good as what I grow.

Fac, the point is that you trade to get better players, or equivalent players that fit better the teams needs. With your trade we may very well get worse.

Glad you grow good stuff. Enjoy!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23176 on: March 24, 2022, 11:38:16 PM »

Julius is not old and he has enviable skills and physique, but he is tough to play with and he has not after a while in the league mastered his emotions. Fournier is OK. He just is not as good as anyone behind him or around him on the depth chart.

UHHHH...WHATTTTT?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23177 on: March 25, 2022, 12:12:21 AM »

How the hell did Duke beat this team?  T Tech played freaking amazing.

Props to K and his band of men.  ONE HUNDRED tournament wins.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23178 on: March 25, 2022, 11:09:05 AM »

Please...lay off the RjB 30s..they are absolutely meaningless if it takes 25 shots to achieve, and a sign of terrible basketball decision making. We are 0-5 when he vomits up shots like that.

Sorry but proving he could score 30 was one of the next important steps in  Barrett's development.

14 ppg  -------->  20 ppg.

Thats a different player

lmao, causing your team to lose a game because of your mindless selfish play is only an important development in terms of receiving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK on it. Hope he got his ass smacked. Looks like he did, lol.

Alonzo Trier scored 30 a couple months into his career..big fucking deal. Where ya at Iso Zo?

Last night RJ did not dominate the ball, was efficient [10-19], converted 7-8 FTs, and did not force the action.  It was an honest 30 and we won.  Both positive signs. 

RJ has a ways to go for sure.  He is a rising star as a scorer, but still has much work to do as a shooter, where his jump shot is still suspect, as is his FT shooting. 

But I'll tell you this about our puppy.  He has NO REAR VIEW MIRROR, and if he stinks up the joint one game, you may readily observe improvement in the next. 

PS: Be reminded RJ is 21. 

Make no mistake,  I like I our young buck, and where he is at at 21, but facts is facts, he has been giving a loose rein and a fast track because the org cannot afford to have effed another pick, that is fine, pretty encouraged it seems like he knows where he needs to grow.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 11:15:27 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23179 on: March 25, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »

Attaboy.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Happy doggie 🐶
« Reply #23180 on: March 25, 2022, 02:27:33 PM »

Attaboy.

Hey Les, you got some sort of backhanded ChamAAco compliment. Bet that made you very happy! 💕

Chamaco keeps the corpse of Matthew Perna in his "thoughts and prayers".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 02:33:07 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil? PhoKing CrazeE
« Reply #23181 on: March 25, 2022, 03:12:22 PM »

You must be loading some thermonuclear San Diego sativa into your PAX3, because any way you slice your trade, it is fucking ludicrous.  Kenyon Junior?  Puhleese.  John Wall to inhibit the growth of IQ and McBride for one season, and prevent us from going after younger more long term talent.  And like Houston is going to give us a lottery pick?  Let alone Ainge is going to gift us Mitchell.  Or the Wizards, Beal?  Maladroit, masturbatory, misanthropic manipulations that do not make us better, but in fact, make us worse in the short term and long term. 

Make that PhoKing crazee [my daughter lived in San Diego from 1994-2013]. 

Not that I would reject any sensible trades involving Julius or Fournier, though I think Evan has owned his struggles and limitations like a man, and has kept getting better and better as the season went along.  His D is not Bullock like, but Reggie has had a dubious season for the Mavs, and Evan is game on D, and a willing and adept passer. 

I'm wondering is Dallas, having moved on from KP, might package Brunson in a sign and trade for Dallas homebody Randle and/or Robinson. 

I love Julius, but an offense predicated on 1-on-3 ISOs where everyone stands around and wathced JR dribble into coverage is not conducive to cutters, motion, ball movement and unselfish hoops. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 03:40:02 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23182 on: March 25, 2022, 06:11:34 PM »

I love Julius, but an offense predicated on 1 on 3 ISOs where everyone stands around and watched JR dribble into coverage is not conducive to cutters, motion, ball movement and unselfish hoops.

Happens on occasion. Not nearly as much as you and others insinuate.  Still a top player - for who we will need a top return.

chipstern

• View Profile
Puppy Power
« Reply #23183 on: March 25, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »

Can we close out?

Completely Inspiring.

IQ.  McBride. Grimes. Sims.

Damn.

chipstern

• View Profile
Damn...Ready NOW
« Reply #23184 on: March 25, 2022, 10:35:18 PM »

I'm in tears.  DAWGS.

What a 4th Quarter.  IQ. Grimes.  Big shots against the beasts of the East.

PS: Deuce, big shots, manning up against Lowry, and a  tenacious board in final seconds taking it away from Tucker...

Fuck you Kiid.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 10:45:30 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Damn...Ready NOW
« Reply #23185 on: March 25, 2022, 11:18:56 PM »

I'm in tears.  DAWGS.

PS: Deuce, big shots, manning up against Lowry, and a  tenacious board in final seconds taking it away from Tucker...

Fuck you Kiid Chamaco.

Only RJ with more than 30 minutes.

10 players with significant minutes.

Everyone contributing.

How about we do this more often?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 11:20:29 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Damn...Ready NOW
« Reply #23186 on: March 26, 2022, 12:06:26 AM »

I'm in tears.  DAWGS.

Fuck you Kiid.

lol, lol, lol, .... that was FUN (and best of all, we survived yet another make it almost impossible for you to win the game type game from RJ! (cringed when he came back in, but it all worked out, a team can overcome the bad possessions that lead to a 5-17 much easier than an 6-22 or an 8-26)

** Thibs better not try and bring that same-old same-old ish back to the Garden, he's gonna get hit with all kinds of flying concession matter...

*** to be fair to our rock-stubborn human-manatee of a coach, I've been loving how he's been giving Deuce just a little more rope each game

*** top return for Julius? sure, if you can get it, but my two second-rounder offer still stands...it is Obi Time Bitch, either rotate your downpointing thumbs and get a new lease on life, the Garden and how to play ball or pack it the eff outa town

**** notice how Coach smiles a lot more on the sidelines when he does not have to babysit the sourpatch kid for 39 minutes

« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 12:19:27 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23187 on: March 26, 2022, 12:37:41 AM »

Coach shelves Fournier. Kids make the comeback. Totally freak co-inky-dink.

We are building a nice core.

As per my trade idea, if Wall can outplay Deuce, Quickley, Rose, and possibly Rokas, he can get minutes, otherwise he is a rehabbing vet coming off the books giving us space to keep the guys we need to keep and sign the guys we need to get. Also, do not undersell KJ. He is the kind of guy who kills us by being more on the ball and on the spot than anyone we can put on the floor.

Deuce and Grimes with Quickley are fun to watch.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #23188 on: March 26, 2022, 12:56:18 AM »

Coach shelves Fournier. Kids make the comeback. Totally freak co-inky-dink.

Not the correct take, lol....

chipstern

• View Profile
Tick Tock
« Reply #23189 on: March 26, 2022, 02:03:06 PM »

"I was the only one on this forum to project the potential of Deuce McBride."

The Prophet Kiid
Pages: 1 ... 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 ... 1861