Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963523 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Warriors Dynasty...Emphasis On NASTY
« Reply #23700 on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:30 PM »

Without the pressure to be the main, guy, Andrew Wiggins, all of 26, has over three years with GS evolved into a a top tier complementary player.  He led the team in 3-point percentage this season, among other things.  Emerged as a fine defender as well. 

The Warriors combination of vets and youth is scary. 

I mean, Jordon Poole is 22, for fuck's sake, and along with Steph and Klay, a +90% FT Shooer.  YIKES. 

Moses Moody and Jonathan Kuminga [the #1 the Warriors copped from the T-Wolves in the D'Angelo for Wiggins exchange] are both 19. 

Seven Footer James Wiseman is 21, and averaged a very respectable 11.5/5.8 his rookie year, in 21 minutes, before getting hurt.  Warriors have been very cautious and proactive in nursing him back, and with the ever improving Kevon Looney, all of 26, and raising his rebounding totals to a new high this season, there is no pressure on Wiseman to either be rushed back or tasked with too large a load. 

ADDENDUM: The 33 year old Curry appears to be in peak physical condition, and showing no signs of slowing down or losing his mojo.  Magnificent.  Betcha Mike D'Antoni still wakes up nights in a cold sweat thinking about how Step went one spot below us in the draft, leaving Donnie Douche to use our #8 pick on Foghorn Kiidhorn all-time fave, Jordan Hill.

HOWEVER, while he is due to pocket $45,780,966, $48,070,014, $51,915,615, $55,761,217, $59,606,817 through 2025-26, apparently Steph still feels compelled to pocket major endorsement fees by shilling for such decidely dubious scams as the Subway sandwiches franchise and CryptoCurrency...CRYPTO, for fuck's sake.  Seriously Steph? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23701 on: May 23, 2022, 02:03:42 PM »

Chip hated Wiggins when Warriors dealt for him.

I couldnt talk sense into him.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Hardy Har Har
« Reply #23702 on: May 23, 2022, 04:12:57 PM »

Chip hated Wiggins when Warriors dealt for him.

I couldnt talk sense into him.

What sentient being would take the word of Foghorn Kiidhorn seriously, the man [well, man is stretching it] who continuously mocked Jayson Tatum, who steadfastly touted Jimmer Fredette as a top tier NBA point guard talent, and who with a straight face asserted that a #1 draft choice by the name of Jordan Hill, who lasted all of 24 games as a Knick, was a great draft pick, taken one spot ahead of DeMar DeRozan.

HonkHonk.

The line forms on the left to squeeze Foghorn's funny nose. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23703 on: May 23, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »

What sentient being would take the word of Foghorn Kiidhorn seriously, the man [well, man is stretching it] who continuously mocked Jayson Tatum (YES, FOR FUN, but liked himmore than any here pre-draft) , who steadfastly touted Jimmer Fredette as a top tier NBA point guard talent (NO, JUST AS A GUY WHO deserved some minutes, to be in the league - and he was, Knicks treatment be damned)  , and who with a straight face asserted that a #1 draft choice by the name of Jordan Hill, who lasted all of 24 games as a Knick, was a great draft pick, taken one spot ahead of DeMar DeRozan (AGAIN, I LIKED DEROZEN MORE THAN MOST HERE - maany figured he had severe NBA limitation - will never deny I liked Hill, who was a solid pro who we should not have dealt).

Cheers, Stubby.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Hardy Har Har
« Reply #23704 on: May 23, 2022, 05:43:38 PM »

HonkHonk.

The line forms on the left to squeeze Foghorn's funny nose.

Fuck that.

Let jam boy get his own jollies.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23705 on: May 23, 2022, 05:50:59 PM »

Good luck tonight, Boston.  You guys are where you should be - chance to take a big step but its not expected.  Pretty good season after how it began.   EAST will be tougher in '22-'23.

Eddie Johnson (NBA Radio) feels Celts and not Heat have a fighting chance vs Dubs.  Not sure we find out.

Marcus Smart (and to a lesser extent - Mr Tucker) -please do not ruin the view tonight.  Play basketball, bro.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23706 on: May 23, 2022, 09:23:55 PM »

Good luck tonight, Boston.  You guys are where you should be - chance to take a big step but its not expected.  Pretty good season after how it began.   EAST will be tougher in '22-'23.

Eddie Johnson (NBA Radio) feels Celts and not Heat have a fighting chance vs Dubs.  Not sure we find out.

Marcus Smart (and to a lesser extent - Mr Tucker) -please do not ruin the view tonight.  Play basketball, bro.

I don't think Marcus Smart is going to "ruin the view" tonight, whatever that even means.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chamaco's likes and dislikes
« Reply #23707 on: May 23, 2022, 10:20:25 PM »

I don't think Marcus Smart is going to "ruin the view" tonight, whatever that even means.

Josh, it is easy: I think Chamaco does not like green hair.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Warriors Dynasty...Emphasis On NASTY
« Reply #23708 on: May 24, 2022, 01:49:21 PM »

HOWEVER, while he is due to pocket $45,780,966, $48,070,014, $51,915,615, $55,761,217, $59,606,817 through 2025-26, apparently Steph still feels compelled to pocket major endorsement fees by shilling for such decidely dubious scams as the Subway sandwiches franchise and CryptoCurrency...CRYPTO, for fuck's sake.  Seriously Steph?

Yeah, this is an embarrassment. These millionaire athletes touting crypto are going to hurt a lot of folks who don't have millions.

Combination of greed and ignorance. Not a good look.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:51:00 PM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23709 on: May 24, 2022, 01:52:45 PM »

I always loved marcus Smart.

When there were rumors of Smart being on the block [much of it stories of negativity propagated by that dreary sack of potatoes, Kendrick Perkins], I channelled my inner Facil and lit a candle.  If ever there were a player built for Coach Thibs, it is Smart. 

Totally agree. Would have been perfect.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23710 on: May 24, 2022, 02:04:57 PM »

Which reminds me, when listening to dipshits creating fantasy trades for Donovan Mitchell [no disprespect to DM] and imagining ways to move up in the draft, inevitably, R.J. Barrett's name comes up. 

In observing Jimmy Butler's continued ascent, and tracking its parallels with RJ's development three years in, still only fucking 21, my message to Knicks fans, is...

Well, I always felt Donovan Mitchell would be a great complement WITH Barrett.

But if you had to choose between the two?

Mitchell has proven excellence. He can single-handedly take over a game. Barrett seems to be moving in that direction.

But a few weeks back, I posted this interesting analysis of Barrett that looked at his performance so far. Compares his first 3 years to that of other guys who are now certainly stars, and finds that so far the numbers indicate Barrett is unlikely to make the jump.

Of course, no one knows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/u9w1dy/rj_vs_allstar_wings/?sort=top

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23711 on: May 24, 2022, 02:32:40 PM »

Which reminds me, when listening to dipshits creating fantasy trades for Donovan Mitchell  no disprespect to DM and imagining ways to move up in the draft, inevitably, R.J. Barretts  name comes up.

Who are you speaking of?

Dont bring the idiocy of other websites here.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23712 on: May 24, 2022, 02:34:12 PM »

Yeah, this is an embarrassment. These millionaire athletes touting crypto are going to hurt a lot of folks who don't have millions.

Steph got in early on Bitcoin.  Dont be bitter.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23713 on: May 24, 2022, 05:21:39 PM »

Either you're reading too quickly....

Or you're a bit dull upstairs.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #23714 on: May 25, 2022, 12:04:53 AM »

Steph got in early on Bitcoin.  Dont be bitter.

And kid was early on Tatum.

Unfortunately for kid he shorted him early and often and kept on doubling down.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/05/24/sports/jayson-tatum-named-all-nba-first-team/

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 12:08:19 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 1579 1580 [1581] 1582 1583 ... 1851