Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943137 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23805 on: June 07, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »

Yeah, gonna be interesting. Don't think anybody wants to run it back. But which way are we headed...we'll see.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Whoooopeee
« Reply #23806 on: June 07, 2022, 03:51:45 PM »

Yeah, gonna be interesting. Don't think anybody wants to run it back. But which way are we headed...we'll see.

I have not a clue. 

Given my props.

What I'd like to see?

FULL TRANSIITION TO YUTE.  [Julius will be 28 on November 29].  Some mix of yute and vets, but time to up the energy and pedal back on the Geritol.  Watching the Rangers KID'S LINE in certainly an eye opener, speaking of a nice mix of yute and vets, and empowering YOUTH. 

* Resolve Mitchell Situation

* Find a new knee or a new home for Noel

* Empower Jericho

* Julius and Obi playing together

* Obi getting substantial regular minutes

* Transistion Cam Reddish into reglar rotation sixth man role as SF, SG, PF

* IQ AND R.J. get legit shots at being our lead guard/wing.  Initiating the offense. 

* McBride get a real shot at rotation minutes as well as Grimes. 

* De-Emphasize Or Trade Taj, Derrick, Alec and Evan. 

* Less methodical offense, not always predictably running through Julius,  More motion, with JR in the blocks, drawing coverage and feeding cutters, such as RJ, Cam and Obi, more attacking the glass. 

The draft and free agency is such a crap shoot. 

I like Dyson Daniels.  Afraid he is not going to be there at #11, and phantisies about Ivey are moot.  Not sure TyTy isn't redundant vis a vis IQ

Daniels a close to 6'8" PG/COMBO, defensive wiz.  Offense a work in progress.

The second coming of Elfrid or Ben, or this year's version of Scottie Barnes? 

Utah?

Think it is far more likely that Johnny Bryant goes there than Donovan Mitchell comes here.  Not unlike Rick Brunson in lieu of Jalen Brunson. 

Am sure the [cough] brain trust is working on deals, but no identifiable smoke signals. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:26:38 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Whoooopeee
« Reply #23807 on: June 07, 2022, 05:54:58 PM »

Wait, what? It's not Burks fault that some idiot kept him at point guard.

And Taj has never been a point of emphasis, but he brings a lot if we can keep him.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: June 07, 2022, 05:57:45 PM »

Think a good new point guard has a chance to change the offense in the land of the dinosaurs.

Maybe IQ could be it (tho I don't think so), but he's so beholden to Thibs and Julius, that that leash is going to be there.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Whoooopeee
« Reply #23809 on: June 07, 2022, 08:04:02 PM »

Wait, what? It's not Burks fault that some idiot kept him at point guard.

And Taj has never been a point of emphasis, but he brings a lot if we can keep him.

True dat. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: June 07, 2022, 08:05:07 PM »

Think a good new point guard has a chance to change the offense in the land of the dinosaurs.

Maybe IQ could be it (tho I don't think so), but he's so beholden to Thibs and Julius, that that leash is going to be there.

That's uh....

Beholden? 

Might want to walk that one back a bit. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: June 07, 2022, 11:51:19 PM »

Is Mitchell Robinson in our future?

That's probably up to Mitchell Robinson
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23812 on: June 07, 2022, 11:54:30 PM »

Keeping Burks

Keeping Fournier

Next!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23813 on: June 08, 2022, 12:11:53 AM »

That's uh....

Beholden? 

Might want to walk that one back a bit.

I think the word works.

I'm only suggesting that a young guard who has come up with the old system, and the same coach, and the same star, and who respectfully defers to his basketball elders, is unlikely to be a transformative force for the team.

Of course, it's probably a fantasy to imagine that any new PG can disrupt and impact the Knicks system.

I mean, immortals like Elfrid Payton come along only so often. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: June 08, 2022, 09:28:27 AM »

Cut Gibson

Deal Rose

Sign Brunson

Brogdon for a year is plan B.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23815 on: June 08, 2022, 11:38:12 AM »

And as for the draft, lets not do this Monday morning QB thing - lets all agree - there is plenty of talent out there and we can hope to get lucky - that a team doesnt take our guy ahead of us - or turn down an appealing offer that would allow us to move up.  Basketball gods - smile on the blue and orange this year - and New York - let Leon be Leon.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: June 08, 2022, 12:14:46 PM »

Anyone see HUSTLE - Netflix  - produced by LeBron and M Carter?

Not too bad.  Lots of cool cameos.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23817 on: June 08, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »

Cut Gibson

Deal Rose

Sign Brunson

Brogdon for a year is plan B.

We do not have the capspace to sign Brunson

I like Brogden but expensive and concerned about his injury history seeing as how he is going on 30.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 01:44:45 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: June 08, 2022, 02:28:12 PM »

Buyout Kemba and I am happy with our PG talent. Rose, Quick, and Deuce are more than enough.

Draft impact players and see what we can get for Randle. Resign or replace Mitch. Those are the major jobs of the offseason.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Buyout?
« Reply #23819 on: June 08, 2022, 03:06:18 PM »

Buyout Kemba and I am happy with our PG talent. Rose, Quick, and Deuce are more than enough.

Draft impact players and see what we can get for Randle. Resign or replace Mitch. Those are the major jobs of the offseason.

Think the Knicks are more inclined to trade Kemba.  A second rounder would be sufficient. 

I agree with you on Rose, Quick and Deuce, and Jokubaitis beckons in 2023. 

I suspect we are in the minority, and the Knicks may be looking for a home run.  Alas, the options are very limited.

Again, the idea of Brogdan is interesting and BoD approved. 

But the idea of a three year commitment at $21 million per guaranteed to a 30 year old with injury issues?

His rookie year of 2016-2017 he played 75 games. 

In subsequent years, he played 48, 64, 54,  and 56 games, culminating in a 36 game campaign in 2021-2022. 

Basically was good for 19-4-6 when he played.  Is an excellent FT shooter, and got to the line 4-5 times a game, tops in his career.  But his three point shooting was down to .312%, a new low. 

We may have dodged a bullet in passing on Lonzo Ball, who I thought would've made for a bood presence, having improved every year [last season he drained 3 pointers at a .423%].  But while LB has significantly improved his FT shooting, he doesn't get to the line much, and has also experienced a host of injury issues [since 2017-2018 he has appeared in 52, 47, 63, 55 and 35 games].  And like Brogdan, $19-20-21 guaranteed through 2024-25, the final year a player option. 

Brunson?  Worth 20-25 million per?

Be that as it may, unless Dallas is willing to accept Randle as compensation, I'm not feeling it. 

We may be better off sticking with IQ, Deuce and Rose [who if he shows significant game and fortutude, could be a trade deadline dog yummy for a contending team, let alone a leader for our puppy points and a solid presence 15-20 minutes a night]. 

What PGs are out there?

Kyrie
Wall
Westbrook
Rubio
Schroeder
Jones

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2022-nba-free-agent-rankings-top-point-guards-available-next-offseason/

Ryan Arcidiacono?  TyTy?  Too much like IQ. 

Again, at the risk of repeating myself, I am lighting a candle for Dotson, who at 6'8" could guard multiple positions, get to the rack, and facilitate, even if his shooting is dicey.  But he may be gone before #11.  Ditto Jeremy Sochan another versatile big wing who can guard multiple positions.  Duke's center Mark Williams is interesting, given his size and rim protecting chops. Particularly if Mitchell is a goner, which is looking to be the case.  Think the Knicks are taking long looks at some shooters with combo guard potential, though with Burks, Fournier, Barrett, Reddish and Grimes, things see a mite croded at the 2 & 3 spot. 

« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:27:09 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 ... 1850