Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964597 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Cough
« Reply #24300 on: July 15, 2022, 08:14:25 AM »

Six #1 Picks

Plus

Quentin, IQ, Deuce and Obi.

Fuck Donovan Mitchell.

He ain't Kobe Bryant

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Cough
« Reply #24301 on: July 15, 2022, 10:26:27 AM »

Six #1 Picks

Plus

Fuck Donovan Mitchell.

He ain't Kobe Bryant

Yeah this is about what I listed yesterday as a probable demand.

I don't think it's crazy.

Feels like a general ballpark for demands. Just how many 1#s are the Knicks willing to give. You guys have a hard on for Quentin. Don't know why. He and McBride are ideal for any trade up.

IQ + Obi are the painful but inevitable pieces for a star. Truth is, as long as we have Randall and Thibs, Obi might better flourish on another club.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24302 on: July 15, 2022, 11:51:22 AM »

Thoseare our last 4 premium draft picks.

With Toronto and Durant (not Kobe?  Donovan is certainly not Kevin) the talk was of Barnes (1 pick) being in it and deal was OFF due to that.  They want FOUR?  I dont think they do.  I think that is PRESS DROPPINGS being spit at by Chi and the masses.

2 of the 4 and picks?  And inclusive of Grimes or Toppin?  Sure.  More realistic.

Lets hope Barrett's 13.7 PER nears 16 this year if we dont get Mitchell.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
CRAZY [He Calls Me]
« Reply #24303 on: July 15, 2022, 12:51:43 PM »

Six #1 Picks

Plus

Fuck Donovan Mitchell.

He ain't Kobe Bryant

Yeah this is about what I listed yesterday as a probable demand.

I don't think it's crazy.

Feels like a general ballpark for demands. Just how many 1#s are the Knicks willing to give. You guys have a hard on for Quentin. Don't know why. He and McBride are ideal for any trade up.

IQ + Obi are the painful but inevitable pieces for a star. Truth is, as long as we have Randall and Thibs, Obi might better flourish on another club.

PATSY CLINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnrdCS57d0

This is what CRAZY DESPERATION GETS YOU

Denver gets
Wilson Chandler
Raymond Felton
Danilo Gallinari
Timofey Mozgov
the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick
the Warriors 2012 second-round pick (obtained from previous trade)
the Warriors 2013 second-round pick (obtained from previous trade)
$3 million in cash

Knicks receive
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Shelden Williams
Anthony Carter
Renaldo Balkman

"[The] painful but inevitable pieces for a star..."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 01:07:53 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Kiid Boshevik
« Reply #24304 on: July 15, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »

Thoseare our last 4 premium draft picks.

With Toronto and Durant (not Kobe?  Donovan is certainly not Kevin) the talk was of Barnes (1 pick) being in it and deal was OFF due to that.  They want FOUR?  I dont think they do.  I think that is PRESS DROPPINGS being spit at by Chi and the masses.

2 of the 4 and picks?  And inclusive of Grimes or Toppin?  Sure.  More realistic.

Lets hope Barrett's 13.7 PER nears 16 this year if we dont get Mitchell.

The MASSES?

Well now, Comrade Kiid, CBS/NBA, for what it's worth.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-knicks-backed-away-from-jazzs-huge-request-that-included-six-draft-picks/

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24305 on: July 15, 2022, 12:59:28 PM »

That's what negotiations are for, aren't they.

Look, didn't you ever imagine that one great function of amassing draft picks is to be able to trade for a star?

We are not dismantling the team! We are DEEP! And that puts us in a good place to make a trade like this.

chipstern

• View Profile
We Agree To Disagree
« Reply #24306 on: July 15, 2022, 01:07:20 PM »

That's what negotiations are for, aren't they.

Look, didn't you ever imagine that one great function of amassing draft picks is to be able to trade for a star?

We are not dismantling the team! We are DEEP! And that puts us in a good place to make a trade like this.

Absolutely.

Deep?

Surely.

Profligate?

Exhale.

The PRICE is obscene

And Grimes doesn't impress you? 

Duly noted. 

We shall see how this plays out, but Ainge is banking on the media and the fan base to unduly sway the Knicks. 

Stars?

I want a competitive team with camraderie and spirit. 

GROW YOUR OWN. 

No more shiny objects at any price. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24307 on: July 15, 2022, 01:25:56 PM »

Oy veh!

chipstern

• View Profile
Guilty As Charged
« Reply #24308 on: July 15, 2022, 01:46:33 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24309 on: July 15, 2022, 01:58:40 PM »

If we had not signed Brunson, a big package for Mitchell would make more sense. Two high use midgets you have to keep on the floor gets you a team that never makes it past the first round.

Wait till January when we can get him for Mitch, Evan and two or three firsts. If we miss out entirely we are still better off than if we agree to the current terms offered by Utah.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
RECKLESS
« Reply #24310 on: July 15, 2022, 02:58:38 PM »

If we had not signed Brunson, a big package for Mitchell would make more sense. Two high use midgets you have to keep on the floor gets you a team that never makes it past the first round.

Wait till January when we can get him for Mitch, Evan and two or three firsts. If we miss out entirely we are still better off than if we agree to the current terms offered by Utah.

I understand the spiritual angst of Knicks fans, and this compulsion to get...STARS.

The hesitancy of STARS to come to MSG. 

Hence my obsession with growing our own, and not engaging in the wily nily, AALLL INnnnn at any cost pursuit of a star. 

I love Donovan Mitchell, but the trades some Knicks fans and the media would be eager to sign off on are...

FUCKING RECKLESS

And after we squander all of our draft capital and younguns on Donovan Mitchell, where are the resources to strike when that all elusive SECOND STAR comes available, hmmmm. 

Not too likley given the state of the CBA, and the advantages and incentivizing of the hometown team to reup their talent. 

I mean I have a friend, well, HAD a friend, he kinda left earth orbit, who used to be on this forum, who made a bet with me, that I shall not hold him to, that Zion was coming to the Knicks.  I thought then, that this was masturbatory twaddle.  He also assured me that the Knicks had no long term interest in our former #36 pick, and would look to trade Mitchell.  They might yet, but instead rewarded him for his work, and MR in turn, took the hometown offer to remain with and extend the bond he had developed with Team MATES. 

We are going to be debating this ad infinitum. 

But look at how Phoenix and DeAndre Ayton played out. 

Durant wants to play there?

Suns are not trading Booker.  Hell, they are not even going to trade Bridges. 

As some scribe noted, teams have made their offers for Durant, and beyond THAT, they are going to be standing PAT. 

Nets wanted Scottie Barnes out of Toronto.  Probably asked about Butler and Bam from Miami. 

Irving?  Big BLUFF.

No one is going to risk the resources to bring him on. 

The Lakers.  It's Westbrook for Irving or nightynight, and that would have a nasty impact on the Nyets luxury tax situation. 

The Knicks are going to out wait the Jazz, until all the bids have come in. 

Think Pat Riley and Miami would offer up a package like Ainge is trying to leverage out of the "desperate" Knicks?  The fuck he would, even is he could.  And the two #1 picks he might be prepared to pony up are not going to amount to much. 

The Knicks have a number of connections to Donovan.  The Leon Rose/CAA connection.  The Coach Johnny Bryant connection.  The hometown boy makes good narrative

DM is definitely on their radar. 

I'm not particularly concerned about having a pair of 6'1" guards in the backcourt.  Not ideal defensively but hey, shot makers, shot creators, that draw coverage and read the floor.

The Detroit Backcourt was not big.

Isiah Thomas, 6'1"
Vinnie Johnson, 6'2"
Joe Dumars, 6'3" 

So these "negotiations" are going to drag on, possibly all summer, because as prudent, and calculating and transactional as the Knicks have been in playing the long game, I do not see them, pulling a Donnie Douche and caving in to the demands of an aggressive GM, as they did with Masai Ujiri, when he raped the Knicks on the Melo return, and again on the Bargnani heist. 

Yes, Elephant, those assets were squirrled away for future deals, and the Knicks have traded up out and around our first rounders for three seasons and counting, for cap space and future useage, when they adjudged the prospects available not to be commensurate with what draft capital might hold int he future. 

Almost as if they had...a...PLAN.  And we still ended up with Quickley and Grimes.  And Reddish. 

The willingness of many of my Brothers In Knicks Suffering to pony up a Hershel Walker scaled deal for Donovan Mitchell, my love for DM notwithstanding, is truly sad.  Yes, he is a worthy target, and would be one hell of an addition.  But not at any motherfucking price.  THe notion that we have to match or exceed the Wolves offer for Rudy Gobert is a load of crap. 

My last word...more or less. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 03:03:09 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24311 on: July 15, 2022, 05:27:17 PM »

I would move off the Mitchell thing.

I would see if Indiana would take Evan and a second or two for Oshea Brisset. He is younger and a lot more physical at the wing. Indiana cleared a lot of space and could use a vet presence on the perimeter.

Mitch Isiah Jericho
Randle Obi
Reddish Brisset
Barrett Grimes Rose
Brunson Quickley McBride

Hunt Keels
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
Re: RECKLESS
« Reply #24312 on: July 15, 2022, 05:44:15 PM »

And after we squander all of our draft capital and younguns on Donovan Mitchell, where are the resources to strike when that all elusive SECOND STAR comes available, hmmmm. 

All our younguns?

You just put the kibosh on a scenario where the Knicks would KEEP RJ, Grimes, Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims, Keels...Brunson AND get a brand new 25-year-old star.

As for that elusive second star, wait a second, I thought you felt that RJ would soon be ascending to those heights.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 05:48:06 PM by elephant »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24313 on: July 15, 2022, 06:01:18 PM »

We would wind up paying north of fifty mil a year for a backcourt that will get muscled by such imposing duos as Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs. No thanks.

Miami, get your shit together and snag this kid before he winds up in our laps.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24314 on: July 15, 2022, 06:08:01 PM »

Danny, it has been nice talking to you. Thank you for helping us with an outsiders perspective on the value of our players. Buhbye now. Good luck moving your boy.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 ... 1851