Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917471 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24495 on: August 04, 2022, 11:01:17 PM »

I guess 5 bigs are enough but dont mind if we keep a sixth

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24496 on: August 05, 2022, 02:47:52 AM »

Hunt is an NBA baller. Since there is no practice limit of two way players anymore, there is no harm in playing him some of the fifty games he is signed on for under his current two way contract if the situation arises through a combo of him earning it and us needing him to bring what he has due to availability or effectiveness issues in guys further up the pecking order.

He can check big wings and stretch forwards who will in turn have to chase his ass and probably figure his game out on the fly. He has a game.

Keels is further off than Rokas, a year away from being a year away but worth hanging on to in his junior capacity.

If our eye does not fall on anyone else, I would not mind Jefferies as an energy-depth piece in slot 14. He is a Dawg entering his prime who has put in work both on and with his game. He has huge hands to go with hops, pop, and brute force.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24497 on: August 05, 2022, 02:45:34 PM »

Hunt is an NBA baller. Since there is no practice limit of two way players anymore, there is no harm in playing him some of the fifty games he is signed on for under his current two way contract if the situation arises through a combo of him earning it and us needing him to bring what he has due to availability or effectiveness issues in guys further up the pecking order.

He can check big wings and stretch forwards who will in turn have to chase his ass and probably figure his game out on the fly. He has a game.

Keels is further off than Rokas, a year away from being a year away but worth hanging on to in his junior capacity.

If our eye does not fall on anyone else, I would not mind Jefferies as an energy-depth piece in slot 14. He is a Dawg entering his prime who has put in work both on and with his game. He has huge hands to go with hops, pop, and brute force.

I was quite taken by Hunt in summer league, hell by Hunt AND Keels, McBride, Grimes and Sims.  DeQuann Jeffries showed well, as did PG Jean Montero, and that white center, Michal Potter, who was heady and active.  I have a soft spot for PF Aamir Sims, but he didn't get much burn. 

There were stretches where our Summer League Knicks played with an intoxicating degree of collective/individual defensive intensity, particularly McBride and Grimes, both showing that they have an upside to build on and are prepared to compete at a higher level in their sophomore year. 

Keels was up and down, but he has a for real man's body if not yet a mature NBA game, and while his shot was inconsistent, he hit enough to suggest there is something to build on, and again, while his forays into the paint often rolled out or got blocked, I took note of his muscular aggression. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24498 on: August 05, 2022, 03:04:03 PM »

The four guys from our summer league who showed they are worthy rotation players at worst, whether or not they get the opportunity, are Deuce, Grimes, Hunt, and Sims.

One last crack at Mitchell so trader Danny has something he can compare to the competing offers.

Fournier, Rose, Quickley, McBride, Dallas and Washington 2023 firsts, our 2024, our 2026, and two additional second rounders if the Dallas pick does not convey for Mitchell and either Jarred Vanderbilt or Nickiel Alexander-Walker.

We wind up with

Mitch Zeke Jericho
Jules Obi
RJ Reddish
DM Grimes
Brunson

Plus Alexander-Walker or Vanderbilt plus a small exception to grab another PG.

If they are healthy, I assume you stagger the rest for Brunson and Mitchell so one is almost always on the court and when there is one that is the PG.

I am still concerned how they would work on the court together, so Danny can pass on this if he wants to and I would still rate us good to go.

If we do wind up with that group, I like the idea of playing Mitch with the midget dynamite backcourt so he can protect them and they can feed him. Then Hartenstein can support whichever one is not resting with his passing game and general mindset. An RJ-Grimes backcourt is not the worst emergency option to explore either.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 03:12:31 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
All Is Fair...Too Fair, If You Ask Me
« Reply #24499 on: August 05, 2022, 03:24:51 PM »

The four guys from our summer league who showed they are worthy rotation players at worst, whether or not they get the opportunity, are Deuce, Grimes, Hunt, and Sims.

One last crack at Mitchell so trader Danny has something he can compare to the competing offers.

Fournier, Rose, Quickley, McBride, Dallas and Washington 2023 firsts, our 2024, our 2026, and two additional second rounders if the Dallas pick does not convey for Mitchell and either Jarred Vanderbilt or Nickiel Alexander-Walker.

We wind up with

Mitch Zeke Jericho
Jules Obi
RJ Reddish
DM Grimes
Brunson

Plus Alexander-Walker or Vanderbilt plus a small exception to grab another PG.

If they are healthy, I assume you stagger the rest for Brunson and Mitchell so one is almost always on the court and when there is one that is the PG.

I am still concerned how they would work on the court together, so Danny can pass on this if he wants to and I would still rate us good to go.

Mmmmmm

Okay. 

Would hate to give up IQ, anyone for that matter, but this is a rational offer. 

I would hesitate to give up McBride, simply because we are again left naked and exposed in terms of PG by offloading Rose AND IQ AND Deuce.  Both Jalen and Donovan can fulfill PG duties for sure; Montero has some upside; and Rokas could come over in the summer of 2023. 

I would try and leverage Patrick Beverley somehow in this deal, particularly if McBride is out the door, as he has one year remaining at 13 million, is a ferocious defender and competitor in the Thibs mode, is accustomed to coming off the bench, can nail the three, and has a level of nasty that would be beneficial to our pus moving forward. 

Also, Grimes is surely being groomed to be a combo guard long term, so that gives us some PG coverage in a pinch, not on a Rose or IQ level presently, but his work with Penny Hardaway showed some discernible improvements this summer.  Consistency, again, is the key. 

Having said all that...

And projecting this with my spiritual vaseline and Kleenex...

C: Robinson, Sims

PF-C: Randle, Toppin, Hartenstein

SF-PF: Reddish, Hunt

SG-SF: Barrett, Grimes, Keels

SG-PG: Brunson, Mitchell

PG: Beverley, Montero

I kinda doubt that Ainge bites on this deal without either Grimes or Toppin, both of whom I would be loathe to include. 

Anyway, I too am good to go without Mitchell, unless Ainge backs off considerably.  To me this is a fair offer.  But Danny doesn't want a fair offer.  Trader Danny wants to put Leon Rose in a French Maids' outfit and bend him over a straight backed chair. 

PASS...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24500 on: August 05, 2022, 05:13:55 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24501 on: August 05, 2022, 05:43:18 PM »

HARD PASS.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24502 on: August 05, 2022, 08:24:06 PM »

HARD PASS.

If the Knicks-Jazz-Lakers trade involved the Jazz picking up Westbrook and two #1s from the Lakers, the Lakers picking up Beasley and Beverley from the Jazz, and the Knicks getting away with Rose AND/OR Fournier [to Jazz or Lakers] plus, PRESUMABLY,  five #1 picks, well, that's a shitload of draft capital, but we keep all our precious puppies.

That's pricey, but doable in my mind. 

Makes too much sense.

I doubt the veracity of this report. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24503 on: August 06, 2022, 05:25:24 PM »

Four number ones, only two of which our ours, with the same players moving is OK.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24504 on: August 06, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »

Fuck Danny.

Rozier and Thor for Randle. No picks exchanged.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24505 on: August 07, 2022, 10:04:15 AM »

No, thanks very much.

Randle for nobody if a Mitchell type player is not included.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
Broken Promise [A.K.A. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK]
« Reply #24506 on: August 07, 2022, 04:41:57 PM »

Fuck Danny.

Rozier and Thor for Randle. No picks exchanged.

Love You. 

And So I Made A Solemn Promise To Myself That I Would Not Contest Another FacilPhantasyTrade.  I Mean, Why Shouldn't You Have Your Fun?

Alas, this is UNQUESTIONABLY The Most INCOMPREHENSIBLE To Date. 

We save NO Money. 

We give up our starting PF, an All-Star only two years ago, for MitchellLIGHT, creating an even bigger, more intractable logjam in the backcourt.

Brunson, Quickley, Grimes, Rose, McBride, Keels...RJ, Fournier, Reddish.

Hello?   Where exactly do the 28 year old Rozier's 33 minutes a night come from?  And at whose expense?  Another unhappy camper.  At 21, 23, 24 guaranteed for the next three years. 

Apparently the legalization of marijauna has had a profound effect on you...that and the heat.

I mean...

What The ACTUAL Fuck
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:54:37 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Really?
« Reply #24508 on: August 07, 2022, 05:54:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1556122109184720896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1556122109184720896%7Ctwgr%5Eea154d77dc3a1508464581881f7823b3068281fe%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Frumors%2F

Melo?

Ya think? 

Again, kind of crowded, don't you think at SF-PF?

Barrett, Reddish, Fournier, Randle, Toppin, Hunt, Hartenstein [Stretch 4/Center]

Not the worst idea, and Melo would certainly be a heady veteran influence to push RJ, Cam, Hunt and Toppin, but minutes, minutes, minutes. 

We went the HOMECOMING Route last season with Kemba, and admittedly, Melo is much healthier and potentially more effective. 

Still...I don't think so. 

chipstern

• View Profile
One More Time
« Reply #24509 on: August 07, 2022, 06:30:50 PM »

For all the Trader Vics amongst us... 

Browsing the blogosphere, I found a breakdown of our draft assets, so one more time: 

2023 first-round pick via Detroit (protected 1-18 until 2024, protected 1-13 in 2025, protected 1-11 in 2026, protected 1-9 in 2027)

2023 first-round pick via Washington (protected 1-14 in 2023, protected 1-12 in 2024, protected 1-10 in 2025, protected 1-8 in 2026)

2023 first-round pick via Denver (protected 1-14 until 2025)

2023 first-round pick via Dallas (protected 1-10 in 2023)

2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee (protected 1-4 in 2025)

Didn't we already trade the Denver pick to Charlotte for Duren in that convoluted Walker/Burks/Noel transaction? 

Admittedly a LongLongShot, but not beyond the realm of possibility that both the Wizards AND Pistons #1 picks might convey?

PISTONS

C: Jalen Duren, Nerlens Noel

PF-C: Isiah Stewart, Marvin Bagley, Kelly Olynyk

SF: Saddiq Bey, Kevin Knox

SG: Jaden Ivey, Alec Burks, Hammidou Diallo

PG: Cade Cunningham, Killian Hayes, Corey Joseph

Pistons have a long way to go, but they have some nice front court talent, and a Cunningham-Ivey back court could really be scary. 

WIZARDS:

C: Kristaps Porzingis, Daniel Gafford, Vernon Carey

PF: Kyle Kuzma, Rui Hachimura, Taj Gibson

SF: Deni Avdija, Corey Kispert, Will Barton

SG: Bradley Beal, Johnny Davis

PG: Monte Morrie, Tomas Santorasky, Cassius Winston

Kind of suspect at PG, though Beal has genuine chops as a facilitator...maybe the Wiz go with a Beal/Davis backcourt.  Is Porizingis capable of staying fucking healthy?  Do Avdija and Kispert step up in their third and second go rounds  repsctively?  Kuzma and Hachimura can give you significant coverage at PF as well as SF. 

Anyway, both the Pistons and Wizards will puch the Knicks for the 6-10 play in. 

Given the long shot possibilties of the Pistons AND Wizards stepping up in 2022-23, I would be in no particular hurry to give those #1 picks to Danny Ainge.  Let alone Toppin and Quickley. 
Pages: 1 ... 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 ... 1848