Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964211 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Oy Vey
« Reply #24900 on: September 12, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:11:34 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24901 on: September 13, 2022, 02:15:16 PM »

Lyles, Barnes, and Randle had nearly the same PER, 16.1, 15.7, and 15.6, respectively. Lyles and Barnes have usages just north of 18, while Randle has a usage of 28. Lyles and Barnes have true shooting percentages over .610 while Randle was around .500. Lyles and Barnes each have a significantly better win share rate than Randle, and both are net positives on both offense and Defense.

Just Barnes' 4th time above 15 PER

Career 13.7.  High 16.3

No problem with Barnes, just not in that deal.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24902 on: September 13, 2022, 07:18:59 PM »

Now Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk is expected to consider his options. His priority is one: to stay in the US by finding an NBA contract. After all, this is a player who has grown up with the American mentality, having attended a very good college program  at Kansas , while in recent years he has been finding stable contracts on the other side of the Atlantic  Pistons, Lakers, Thunder, Raptors . Since he is a free agent he will look at every option on the table, but his absolute priority remains the NBA, without ruling out the prospect of the G League, so that through there he can find the opportunity to return to the top basketball league of the world. After all, he is at a very productive age  25 , he knows he has a lot to give and he wants to test his strength against the best.  via SDNA

We got room.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24903 on: September 13, 2022, 09:34:55 PM »

Svi is no Theo Pinson.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Pinson For Hire
« Reply #24904 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »

Svi is no Theo Pinson.

Touche

PS: Fournier and Barrett, Grimes and Reddish, let alone IQ & Obi [Hunt & Keels], we're not really hot to trot for a superfluous wing.  No reason

PPS: By my count, we ALREADY Have FIFTEEN, including our pair of two-way contracts...

C: Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims
PF: Randle, Toppin
SF-SG: Barrett, Reddish [Hunt] Fournier, Grimes [Keels]
PG-SG: Brunson, Quickley, Rose, McBride
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:16:31 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
It's Time
« Reply #24905 on: September 13, 2022, 10:18:40 PM »

Enough transactions.

That ship has sailed. 

Time to start projecting rotations. 

Open question to the Forum Handicappers?

Might we see Randle-Toppin, Barrett-Reddish, Brunson-Rose on the floor at the same time? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24906 on: September 14, 2022, 06:51:56 AM »

Putting Hunt and Keels with Svi is funny stuff.

But you are likely right - he will seek a better opportunity for playing time.  Would be vying with Grimes to be 3rd wing here.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: September 14, 2022, 08:18:29 AM »

Might we see Randle-Toppin, Barrett-Reddish, Brunson-Rose on the floor at the same time?

I am going to say yes (sparingly), no and YES

If Derrick is healthy, Rose and Brunson could be a closing unit.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24908 on: September 14, 2022, 12:37:19 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: It's Time
« Reply #24909 on: September 14, 2022, 04:35:24 PM »

Enough transactions.

That ship has sailed. 

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com/p/the-ideal-knicks-rotation

Jonathan Macri devoted his entire column to this question today.   He put forth two scenarios.

I'm going to answer this question in two ways:

What's my ideal 10-man rotation if I'm allowed to make reasonable roster changes before the season?

What's my ideal 10-man rotation if I'm not allowed to make changes, and I have to go into the season with this roster?

1. Ideal Rotation (with trades)

Starters: Jalen Brunson, Quentin Grimes, RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Isaiah Hartenstein

Reserves: Deuce McBride, Immanuel Quickley, Evan Fournier, Mitchell Robinson

The trade:

Suns get: Julius Randle

Lakers get: Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder, Cam Reddish, Dario Saric

Knicks get: Russell Westbrook, Torrey Craig, 2027 Lakers 1st round pick (top-5 protected)

Proposed minutes totals: Brunson 34, Barrett 34, Grimes 32, Toppin 32, Quickley 30, Hartenstein 24, Robinson 24, Fournier 18, McBride 12

2. Ideal Rotation (without trades)

Starters: Jalen Brunson, Quentin Grimes, RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, Isaiah Hartenstein

Reserves: Derrick Rose, Immanuel Quickley, Evan Fournier, Obi Toppin, Mitchell Robinson

Proposed minutes totals: Brunson 32, Barrett 32, Randle 28, Grimes 26, Toppin 24 Quickley 24, Robinson 22, Hartenstein 22, Fournier 16, Rose 14
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24910 on: September 14, 2022, 05:15:42 PM »

Enough transactions.

That ship has sailed. 

https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com/p/the-ideal-knicks-rotation

Jonathan Macri devoted his entire column to this question today.   He put forth two scenarios.

I'm going to answer this question in two ways:

What's my ideal 10-man rotation if I'm allowed to make reasonable roster changes before the season?

What's my ideal 10-man rotation if I'm not allowed to make changes, and I have to go into the season with this roster?

1. Ideal Rotation (with trades)

Starters: Jalen Brunson, Quentin Grimes, RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Isaiah Hartenstein

Reserves: Deuce McBride, Immanuel Quickley, Evan Fournier, Mitchell Robinson

The trade:

Knicks get: Russell Westbrook, Torrey Craig, 2027 Lakers 1st round pick (top-5 protected)

Proposed minutes totals: Brunson 34, Barrett 34, Grimes 32, Toppin 32, Quickley 30, Hartenstein 24, Robinson 24, Fournier 18, McBride 12

Starters: Jalen Brunson, Quentin Grimes, RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, Isaiah Hartenstein

Reserves: Derrick Rose, Immanuel Quickley, Evan Fournier, Obi Toppin, Mitchell Robinson

Proposed minutes totals: Brunson 32, Barrett 32, Randle 28, Grimes 26, Toppin 24 Quickley 24, Robinson 22, Hartenstein 22, Fournier 16, Rose 14

Come on KAM.

That trade is utterly specious and counterproductive. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24911 on: September 14, 2022, 06:45:03 PM »

Lets not give up two rotation players just to move off Randle even if it gets us a 2027 first round pick.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24912 on: September 14, 2022, 07:28:06 PM »

Lets not give up two rotation players just to move off Randle even if it gets us a 2027 first round pick.

Right. 

Julius, Derrick and Cam for...

A draft pick that won't convey for five years. 

A fading superstar in Westbrook who wants to start. 

And let's not forget we get 32 year old Torey Craig.  Be still my heart. 

If we are going to offload JR, let's maximize his value first, and get value for value. 

These DUMP JR at any price scenarios are petulant and self immolating. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24913 on: September 14, 2022, 07:28:20 PM »

The trade:

Come on KAM.

That trade is utterly specious and counterproductive.

This is his rationale~

The end result is New York sends out three players who either deserve or think they deserve heavy minutes in the rotation and takes back the largest expiring contract in the league, plus Craig, who would slot into the rotation as the 10th man.

In my world, he'd never see the court. For as much as Thibs is rightly criticized for a number of misgivings, I've never had an issue with his penchant for wanting a shorter rotation. I think it helps guys get into a rhythm and allows for more creativity with lineup combinations.

Here, he'd have exactly that. My vision for this group would be one where RJ Barrett is the first starter to come out of the game, hitting the bench while Immanuel Quickley checks in. Barrett would then check back in after a few minutes for Obi Toppin, essentially serving as the backup four while also helping run the offense when Brunson sits.

His co-pilot during those minutes would be IQ. With Derrick Rose gone, IQ would finally be able to take on a greater share of the playmaking responsibilities, while Deuce would slot into the role that Quickley himself has occupied for much of the last two seasons. When he's with the starters, IQ could thrive in more of an off-ball role alongside Brunson in what I think would be an incredibly entertaining five-man unit.

That gets me to the other major change here, one which reflects my proposal from Monday's column: swapping the centers. I love this not only for the benefits Hartenstein brings to the first five, but with RJ playing more with the backups, Barrett gets to continue his burgeoning lob connection with Mitchell Robinson. Evan Fournier and Deuce McBride would (along with Quickley) provide ample floor spacing for these units, and the presence of Deuce and IQ at the point of attack with Mitch as the backstop would help insulate Fournier's defensive shortcomings.

I think this team could certainly finish above .500, and if Brunson is as good as I think he could be with something close to a 30 usage rate (with RJ slightly behind him in the 26-27 range and Immanuel Quickley just a tick behind them at around 23 or 24), I don't think an offensive rating ranking in the 16-18 range is out of the question.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #24914 on: September 14, 2022, 07:31:07 PM »

If we are going to offload JR, let's maximize his value first, and get value for value. 

That ship has sailed. 

This is a guy signed longterm you have to attach an asset with to move.

"Re-Building his value" is also code for "Obi sits for the thirst straight year ensuring we've wasted yet another draft pick"
Pages: 1 ... 1659 1660 [1661] 1662 1663 ... 1851