Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918274 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25515 on: November 20, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »

No ease in or drip in necessary. Grimes comes in cool and clean, clearly our best player at both ends in the first half.

That the end of the good stuff.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:12:23 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Da Doggie 🐶 Chronicles
« Reply #25516 on: November 20, 2022, 11:39:42 PM »

No ease in or drip in necessary. Grimes comes in cool and clean, clearly our best player at both ends in the first half.

That the end of the good stuff.

Come on my doggie 🐶

Give us the full story

PLEASE
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25517 on: November 21, 2022, 01:36:25 AM »

well if you must know, I spent much of the game cursing Randle

stuff like this: https://twitter.com/BigKnickEnergy_/status/1594454215237152768

*** honestly don't know why Fournier was demoted, he was the second-best defender in the starting lineup at the time, lol, lol...sigh
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:39:09 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25518 on: November 21, 2022, 09:52:52 AM »

Yes, at season's start, I wanted Grimes to replace Fournier as a starter.

And yes, Fournier has struggled to find his way as a backup (which seems understandable).

IN WHAT WORLD, does that mean you don't play the guy anymore?

Especially when we're losing a good hunk of our games, and our 3-point shooting is terrible.

Again, unless Fournier has simply said, "Trade Me," I don't see a method to Thib's madness. These are the "Thibs things" that make us weaker than we need to be.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25519 on: November 21, 2022, 10:51:50 AM »

In some ways, both Fournier and Obi (who not coincidentally has also been "terrible" of late) are litmus tests for the state of an intelligent, functioning offense with sharing and caring, rhythm, ball and player movement, etc....

Neither does much in terms of setting up their own shot. They thrive as we thrive and vice-versa. The better we play, the more we leverage their skills.

Right now we have largely devolved to who can get it to the hoop off maybe a single screen or handoff, a losing game for us as only Brunson & Rose can do that with any kind of efficiency.

Thibs has lost the thread. I would surely love us to move on.

*** Plus there's the fact that he clearly no longer motivates his big dogs to shake their m'fn asses. Randle is one LAZY LOAF if for whatever reason his head ain't there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 10:54:03 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25520 on: November 21, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »

Here's a four-year old Barrett piece that is both must-read and you really don't want to read cause it is so spot on.

Only click if you can handle the truth.

Why I'm out on R.J. Barrett as an Elite NBA Prospect
https://medium.com/sportsraid/rj-barrett-not-elite-nba-draft-prospect-2019-basketball-duke-rankings-canada-overrated-bust-cf106ca4900

There's clearly some recognition of the truth in our front office, why it was RJ made readily available, and Grimes made untouchable, in the Donovan talks.

But now there's that contract..

*** Moving RJ (not Fournier, not Reddish) to the bench best way to salvage that contract, his career, our team.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 11:03:38 AM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Negative Nancies Unite
« Reply #25521 on: November 21, 2022, 12:21:24 PM »

Let's see.

RJ was 6-19, 1-5 from trey

K

J Poole was 5-17, 3-8 from trey

Dame Lillard was 2-14, 1-12 from trey

Scottie Barnes was 11-29

Anthony Edwards was 7-21, 2-10 from trey

On the ther hand

Darius Garland was 16-26
Donovan Mitchell was 11-22

Still early

But hey.

Let it all out.

I won't say this is the weakest thing you've ever written.

But it's pretty bad.

So your argument is that you found a few other good ballplayers who played poorly on a particular day, and it's "negative" to call out one of our players who also played poorly.

Aside from the sin of comparing RJ, who has never proved himself a winner, with Lillard who has won Portland game after game after game. Aside from that kind of nonsense.....

You're ignoring that RJ has played terribly in multiple games, that he's been sick and still shoots the ball more than teammates who are healthy and better shot makers, and that there were quality players on the bench who weren't even called up for spot minutes.

Which is why I was questioning Thibs, not RJ. I don't expect a sick player with competitive spirit to take himself out of the lineup. That's what a (good) coach is for. Some guys can still play well when they're feeling poorly. Some can't. (You tell me which you think RJ is.)

Jesus, when Reddish went down, Thibs tightened the rotation to 8, rather than bring in anyone else. It's inexplicable.

We have talent, Chip.

We won in Denver and Salt Lake City despite the coach, not because of him.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25522 on: November 21, 2022, 01:49:27 PM »

RJ needs to drop ten pounds to be most effective. It will help him on both ends.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Postscript Post Mortem
« Reply #25523 on: November 21, 2022, 02:25:50 PM »

RJ needs to drop ten pounds to be most effective. It will help him on both ends.

Do you really see RJ as being zaftig? 

Apparently there is some sort of bug infecting everyone. 

One of our weaker efforts last night. 

Still, when Cam & Derrick went down, Grimes [10-5-8] & McBride [4-5 with a steal] stepped to the fore. 

Be interesting to see how we respond to OKC tonight, considering what they did to us on our home floor. 

PS: It is interesting to see how Jericho has cemented his place in Thibs' heart filling in for Mitchell. He is 7-9 from the FT line, after being a sub .500 FT shooter last season.   

PPS: I, too, find Thibs' treatment of Fournier baffling, bordering on bizzare.  Evan has transmogrified into Kemba 2.1, and while he has clearly fallen behind Cam & Quentin in the rotation scheme of things, odd to see Svi get the call for the final five and not EV, though I reckon THAT would be something of an insult, would it not.  Still.  Being glued to the pine suggests a Kemba-Like fart in the general direction of the front office. 

PPPS: Classic Third Quarter MeltDown Yesterday.  The degree of ennui was numbing. 

PPPPS: Fucking three pointers.  Yet Thibs philosophy seems to be, if it's a good shot, keep hoisting.  We were a wan 7-27, while the Suns were a robust 17-39

PPPPPS: We were 20-25 from the FT line, a solid 80%, which would seem to suggest that we should be attacking the rack, and not settling for fucking 25 foot dying quails. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 02:33:46 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25524 on: November 21, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »

Brunson Grimes Reddish Toppin Sims looks like our best group when all are healthy. With Cam down and RJ leaking oil, we have a big hole at small forward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25525 on: November 21, 2022, 05:19:37 PM »

Brunson Grimes Reddish Toppin Sims looks like our best group when all are healthy. With Cam down and RJ leaking oil, we have a big hole at small forward.

Writing off Randle, are we?

That's rich. 

I'm sure Thibs shares your point of view. 

PS: I love Obi, but he doesn't get a hall pass for his ineffectiveness these past two games, when he was a disaster. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25526 on: November 21, 2022, 06:37:34 PM »

PS: I love Obi, but he doesn't get a hall pass for his ineffectiveness these past two games, when he was a disaster.

This is absolutely fair. There is something to the idea of coming through when you are needed.

Obi needs to show that he can deliver when the other guys are off.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25527 on: November 21, 2022, 06:38:43 PM »

The Rasputin image cracked me up. Grabbing that sucker for my desktop.

You, sir, are a multimedia artist sometimes.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25528 on: November 21, 2022, 06:50:15 PM »

The passion of your post warranted a righteous shout out. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25529 on: November 21, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »

The passion of your post warranted a righteous shout out.

And a chuckle
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 [1702] 1703 1704 ... 1848