Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 1854

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1081558 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Guess What?
« Reply #25950 on: January 16, 2023, 07:40:45 PM »

This minutes issue with Thibs is not going to go away. The coach is a major factor in both our wins and losses.

It was a back to back for fuck's sake. Brunson hit a wall. Here's the thing I don't get: We have talent on the bench!

Why can't he trust some of these motherfuckers and figure out how to make it work.

Toronto played their main men big minutes as well

GUESS WHAT

Thibs played nine.  Nurse played nine

Guess What?

Raptors are a good team

We lost by a basket
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 08:03:24 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25951 on: January 16, 2023, 09:16:04 PM »

How many game winners missed now by Brunson?  Is it five?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25952 on: January 16, 2023, 09:17:37 PM »

Brunson's shot goes in at the end, I'd be saying the same thing.

The game did not have to go down to the wire.

If only we were playing a team without any good players...

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25953 on: January 16, 2023, 09:27:05 PM »

It's a PROCESS.

How do you not get that?

Do you think the guy is a choker, is that it? A loser?

He's already proven himself again and again. Now he's in the process of proving himself on the highest stage, as a go-to star.

I'm sorry that's not working out according to your schedule. But if you can't see what this guy is becoming, I can't help you.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25954 on: January 16, 2023, 09:32:22 PM »

You are

SUCH A LOSER

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Guess What?
« Reply #25955 on: January 16, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »

This minutes issue with Thibs is not going to go away. The coach is a major factor in both our wins and losses.

It was a back to back for fuck's sake. Brunson hit a wall. Here's the thing I don't get: We have talent on the bench!

Why can't he trust some of these motherfuckers and figure out how to make it work.

Toronto played their main men big minutes as well

GUESS WHAT

Thibs played nine.  Nurse played nine

Guess What?

Raptors are a good team

We lost by a basket

It's silly to have this argument again and again. I'm neither saying Thibs is terrible, nor am I blaming the loss on him.

Toronto is 20-24. They are a good team. But we're better. And it's becoming obvious how good we can be.

So we're just talking about how and why we seem to be losing the same way again and again. It's a creative question, not a dumb complaint. You look for adjustments. When you don't see them, it's not a crime to point it out.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25956 on: January 16, 2023, 09:43:31 PM »

Point taken.

PS

Raptors are better than their record.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25957 on: January 16, 2023, 09:45:07 PM »

We should be as well. I like it better on nights when we are.

I would still rather see if Hartenstein, Sims, Obi, and Deuce can approach the level of iQ and the starters than shuffle pieces to see if a new guy would fit in.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #25958 on: January 16, 2023, 10:34:37 PM »

The guy should be able to go 48 a night the lazy Bastia!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

chipstern

• View Profile
Kiidy Korn
« Reply #25959 on: January 17, 2023, 09:20:20 AM »

Forum Douche Nozzle Kiid's look at me Ma naysaying on Jalen Brunson is of a piece with his longstanding pisstakes on Jayson Tatum and his insistence that Ainge blew it and that JT was an overrated bum, followed in short order for those who cannot read or lacking in retentive memory, that he was ahead of the popular bell curve in his supportive insights.

Fuck U Asshole

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25960 on: January 17, 2023, 11:49:58 AM »

This minutes issue with Thibs is not going to go away. The coach is a major factor in both our wins and losses.....

Thibs played nine.  Nurse played nine....

So lesterdawg headed to the Mecca yesterday for the first time in a longtime with littledawgs and friendawgs to check out this thing in person.

And for three and half quarters, was very pleased with what we have created, this focused, cohesive, well-coached unit giving effort end-to-end, very much in control over a similar, but apparently ever-so-slightly-less offensively gifted Toronto unit.

Then, like clockwork, for the umpteenth time this season it started to go wrong at the 5 minute mark.

Possession after possession, Brunson, Randle & Barrett decided to forego passing and go it alone (one single kickout to Grimes for a three excepted) just around the time their legs were going. They failed each and every time. They also ended up chucking it over two or three defenders each time because Nurse and the Raptors are not idiots and knew exactly what's coming.

RJ's coast-to-coast was electrifying, almost saved us, wow, you want to be in the Garden for those moments! But wasted. We were so gassed in OT.

You can be appreciative of what Thibs has made, but still fully understand there is a hard ceiling on this team unless he, or the personnel changes. Our game is so reductive..29 shots and 43 mins for Brunson? You've got to be kidding. He is a gem, and a joy, but he is no...Donovan Mitchell lol, especially in the second game of a back to back. Use the bench, Thibs, but even more importantly, keep moving the F-ing ball.

Nurse def outcoached him, maybe his guys played big minutes too, but they kept swinging it and playing basketball til the end. Would not hesitate to lay down bucks on the Raptors if we met in the playoffs.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 11:55:27 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Dawg
« Reply #25961 on: January 17, 2023, 12:07:12 PM »

Good critique

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25962 on: January 17, 2023, 12:53:06 PM »

And to be clear, the above is a glass half full post...

The season is barely halfway over, a foundation laid, plenty of room and a trade deadline ahead for improvement, we walked away disappointed of course, but not disenchanted. They gave us some pretty good hoops.

Clearly everybody on that court buys in completely. Can they and their coach get smarter and better? Is that the next level? Or, is Thibs doomed to Thibs forever.

* Watching Julius was something else, his focus and effort and attitude the mirror-opposite of last year, can I get the name of his therapist?

** If Thibs is gonna Thibs forever, the Knicks should exercise common decency and trade Obi while he still has a career ahead of him.

*** Next level for RJ, and I'll give it up a bit for his incremental improvement in finishing and shot selection, has to be better court vision. The one time Obi cut baseline corner to corner, wide open under the hoop, RJ missed it...it was glaring from our cheap seats. But I'm happy with progress, as long as it keeps progressing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 04:38:52 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25963 on: January 17, 2023, 01:21:05 PM »

Amen to all this.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #25964 on: January 17, 2023, 04:47:17 PM »

This minutes issue with Thibs is not going to go away. The coach is a major factor in both our wins and losses.....

Thibs played nine.  Nurse played nine....

So lesterdawg headed to the Mecca yesterday for the first time in a longtime with littledawgs and friendawgs to check out this thing in person.

And for three and half quarters, was very pleased with what we have created, this focused, cohesive, well-coached unit giving effort end-to-end, very much in control over a similar, but apparently ever-so-slightly-less offensively gifted Toronto unit.

Then, like clockwork, for the umpteenth time this season it started to go wrong at the 5 minute mark.

Possession after possession, Brunson, Randle & Barrett decided to forego passing and go it alone (one single kickout to Grimes for a three excepted) just around the time their legs were going. They failed each and every time. They also ended up chucking it over two or three defenders each time because Nurse and the Raptors are not idiots and knew exactly what's coming.

RJ's coast-to-coast was electrifying, almost saved us, wow, you want to be in the Garden for those moments! But wasted. We were so gassed in OT.

You can be appreciative of what Thibs has made, but still fully understand there is a hard ceiling on this team unless he, or the personnel changes. Our game is so reductive..29 shots and 43 mins for Brunson? You've got to be kidding. He is a gem, and a joy, but he is no...Donovan Mitchell lol, especially in the second game of a back to back. Use the bench, Thibs, but even more importantly, keep moving the F-ing ball.

Nurse def outcoached him, maybe his guys played big minutes too, but they kept swinging it and playing basketball til the end. Would not hesitate to lay down bucks on the Raptors if we met in the playoffs.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 1854