Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964273 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Lakers Lust
« Reply #25980 on: January 19, 2023, 04:37:09 PM »

Out at least three weeks with fractured thumb

Meanwhile.

Lakers allegedly hot for Cam Reddish.

Supposed to be offering Kendrick Nunn. 

[Cough]

FUCK YOU. 

Toss in one of those #1 picks and we can talk. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 05:11:35 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25981 on: January 19, 2023, 07:25:39 PM »

I want Weyen Gabriel off the Lakers if taking Nunn back to make the salary work is part of it, that is fine. They can have one of Svi or Archie as well.

I have hate watched Dallas a bit this year as them being good enough but not too good would really help our draft. Reggie has worked on getting more comfy with the ball and he does more off back cuts and attacking close outs than he ever did with us. Also Brunson had a recent year of practice feeding him and working together on D. If we are actually trying to win now he is the most floor ready useful piece we could reasonably acquire.

I expect Mitch to miss 15 games and for us to be within kissing distance of .500 by the end of the next five. It is a good opportunity to see what else we have in the frontcourt.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25982 on: January 19, 2023, 07:42:55 PM »

As much as I can see Bullock helping us, I do not want to be doing any business with Dallas right now. Maybe as part of a three way that reroutes Rose.

Houston gets McGee and Rose. Dallas gets Gordon. We get Bullock and Something to make the money work. Josh Green would be nice or possibly Maxi Klebler. I would also consider cash and rolling back protections on the on that other Dallas pick we have laying around.

Houston gets a former MVP and world champ and legit adult supervision. Dallas gets wing pop.

We get a guy who has to be guarded, knows how to defend, plays hard, and would fit right in.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:45:52 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: January 19, 2023, 08:30:16 PM »

I don't see Rose wanting to go to Houston.

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil
« Reply #25984 on: January 19, 2023, 08:52:29 PM »

There is no fucking way the Knicks would dump Rose in Houston with a coven of losers. Rose only gets dealt to a contender.

They want to give DR a chance to compete, not punish him.

JESUS.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 09:01:30 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25985 on: January 19, 2023, 09:05:23 PM »

We're awfully good, better than we've been in years.

But good enough to move into the top rungs? Probably not.

I mean, we have the talent to be a DEEP team, which is pretty fucking useful if you don't have a superstar. But that has been frittered away, apparently because coach is more comfortable with a small, tight unit.

And that works...until it doesn't.

You suck you sit

McBride very close to having his window close

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Facil
« Reply #25986 on: January 19, 2023, 10:23:11 PM »

There is no fucking way the Knicks would dump Rose in Houston with a coven of losers. Rose only gets dealt to a contender.

They want to give DR a chance to compete, not punish him.

JESUS.

I am happy to wait it out. February should have us still in the mix for play in.

I agree that doing right by D Rose is more important than stacking as many wins as possible on this season.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: January 20, 2023, 01:32:15 AM »

Rose does not get minutes over Kevin Porter, Nix, and TyTy Washington?

Seeing Jalen Green and Jalen Smith play with a real point guard is still a big step up from seeing the same guard blue moon situational on our bench.

Name me three other teams where Rose has the chance to grab 20 or more minutes per night.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: January 20, 2023, 04:12:17 AM »

Who's saying that it's about minutes?

He likely wants to play for a team that will be battling in the playoffs, not one contending for a draft pick.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: January 20, 2023, 08:12:30 AM »

Who's saying that it's about minutes?

He likely wants to play for a team that will be battling in the playoffs, not one contending for a draft pick.

Yep
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 09:22:44 AM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: January 20, 2023, 01:20:49 PM »

If the Rockets are ready to pick up his option for the following year and use Rose as a bridge vet for their enormous assortment of young talent to organize them into a decent or even good team, I think that is a pretty attractive proposition.

Every other option seems to be a version of doing the sitting he does now but in some other location.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: January 20, 2023, 01:41:34 PM »

If the Rockets are ready to pick up his option for the following year and use Rose as a bridge vet for their enormous assortment of young talent to organize them into a decent or even good team, I think that is a pretty attractive proposition.

Every other option seems to be a version of doing the sitting he does now but in some other location.

Rose is willing to be a bridge vet for the Knicks

NOT the Rockets.

Here's one for you, Facil.

Beverley and that young Laker PF you like.

For Evan and Svi.

We get a scrappy vet defender on an expiring and a young developing 3-4

Lakers get desperately needed shooting at SG & SF.

Numbers work
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 04:35:09 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25992 on: January 20, 2023, 09:38:30 PM »

Dejounte Murray is an all star

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: January 20, 2023, 11:50:15 PM »

Rose is willing to be a bridge vet for the Knicks

NOT the Rockets.

Here's one for you, Facil.

Beverley and that young Laker PF you like.

For Evan and Svi.

We get a scrappy vet defender on an expiring and a young developing 3-4

Lakers get desperately needed shooting at SG & SF.

Numbers work

Sure. Lets do it.

How did you get a peek at Roses go & no-go teams list?

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25994 on: January 21, 2023, 01:27:32 PM »

We are now entering the It Just Got Real part of our schedule that has the prospect of leaving us wounded or dead by the side of the road.

Mitch is hurt. Last night's game was bloody awful. Sunday's game with Toronto will be HUGE, coming before the Cleveland/Boston/Brooklyn gauntlet.
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 1851