Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964244 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #26085 on: February 01, 2023, 12:18:50 PM »

Quick..still have lingering problems with his approach to playing PG, but can't argue with the defensive progress....and he models himself after the very best.

Quickley has become obsessed with basketball minutiae. He is able to recognize other teams plays just from the actions he is defending, which then allows him to direct the defenders behind him. He scrutinizes game film, and not just to memorize opposing offenses. He also studies his favorite defender, Milwaukee Bucks extraordinaire Jrue Holiday.

https://theathletic.com/4143386/2023/02/01/knicks-immanuel-quickley-defense/

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26086 on: February 01, 2023, 02:44:58 PM »

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to checking that out. You can SEE these things though. You see him improving. A genuine work in progress. His style isn't any different than last year, but it's obvious he has worked on his game, and continually shows improvement on both ends.

I suppose everybody works on their game, but it's rare you see the changes and improvement. IQ is one. Julius another. I've seen things this year (almost always on offensive, alas) where it's like Damn, where did that come from? And you KNOW he put in the work.

My issue with RJ is how little he's changed as a player. Seemingly good character guy, hard worker, highly skilled. But he almost never surprises you. And low impact on defense.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26087 on: February 01, 2023, 04:24:35 PM »

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to checking that out. You can SEE these things though. You see him improving. A genuine work in progress. His style isn't any different than last year, but it's obvious he has worked on his game, and continually shows improvement on both ends.

I suppose everybody works on their game, but it's rare you see the changes and improvement. IQ is one. Julius another. I've seen things this year (almost always on offensive, alas) where it's like Damn, where did that come from? And you KNOW he put in the work.

My issue with RJ is how little he's changed as a player. Seemingly good character guy, hard worker, highly skilled. But he almost never surprises you. And low impact on defense.

RJ actually hit a 12 foot pull up jumper off the bounce in the fourth, and I remember shouting, "There we go motherfucker--that's what I'm taking about," so everything isn't a trey or a pound the rock drive to the rack for a layup.  The next step in his offensive evolution/efficiency I've been waiting on. 

Then Thibs takes him out and nails him to the pine. 

chipstern

• View Profile
RJ
« Reply #26088 on: February 01, 2023, 04:25:57 PM »

No, I get it I Get it: He's not as good a defender as IQ or QG. 

Still, Thibs may have just stepped in his own dookie.

chipstern

• View Profile
Knicks Need To Sign A Superstar
« Reply #26089 on: February 01, 2023, 04:28:10 PM »

Okay, I'll bite. 

Where exactly is this superstar free agent. 

Go ahead, I'm listening? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks Need To Sign A Superstar
« Reply #26090 on: February 01, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »

Okay, I'll bite. 

Where exactly is this superstar free agent. 

Go ahead, I'm listening? 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Summer Of 2023

Kyrie Irving

[Cough]

Dream On

Who Else? 

I'll Wait

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26091 on: February 01, 2023, 04:37:56 PM »

What would an OG for RJ trade look like? As a heads up exchange I think it would make us better now as I think OG could just do his thing in Thibs world with OG joining Grimes, Quick and our bigs covering up for Randle and Brunson on D.

It gives Toronto a home town talent on a long reasonable deal while they will still have pieces like Barnes and Koloklo to cover for RJ and VanFleet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26092 on: February 01, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »

What would an OG for RJ trade look like? As a heads up exchange I think it would make us better now as I think OG could just do his thing in Thibs world with OG joining Grimes, Quick and our bigs covering up for Randle and Brunson on D.

It gives Toronto a home town talent on a long reasonable deal while they will still have pieces like Barnes and Koloklo to cover for RJ and VanFleet.

Hmmmmmm

Tried a number of combos on Real GM

RJ straight up

RJ + Cam

RJ + Cam + Obi

Due to New York being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, New York could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.

Due to Toronto being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary over the Tax Threshold, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Toronto could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here. Also, Toronto met the requirements of the Hard Cap rules of staying under the Tax Threshold plus $4M for adjusted post-trade Team Salary.

ME?

I'm not ready to give up on RJ.  Like Julius he has his upside and his downside. 

But I have to disagree with Elephant about him not getting better, and he IS only 22. 

RJ for OG

Might [MIGHT] be better chemistry for both teams.

Not sure how it might happen, and remember Toronto's MASAI raped us once in Denver in the Carmelo Shake Down, and another time in Toronto on the Bargnani Catastrophe, the #1 we gave up in the latter fleecing, turned into Jakob Poetl, soon to be a much coveted free agent, and Jamal Murray in the former. 

The taste of MASAI's abuse was so great, that James Dolan nixed a done deal trade for Kyle Lowry, and latter tried to recruit Masai to run our operation, a gig which went eventually to Leon Rose. 

chipstern

• View Profile
February 9th
« Reply #26093 on: February 01, 2023, 04:54:05 PM »

As good as Hachimura looked for the Lakers, I'm afraid Cam Reddish is going to look quite nice for whichever team fleeces us at the trade deadline for the meager return we are due to get back for him. 

As per Dawg, I do not see the Knicks do anything by the Trade Deadline.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks Need To Sign A Superstar
« Reply #26094 on: February 01, 2023, 05:08:23 PM »

Summer Of 2023

Kyrie Irving

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
PLEASE, PLEASE, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Chuckle
« Reply #26095 on: February 01, 2023, 05:17:44 PM »

Kyrie would represent a pretty all-in roll of the dice, would he not?

Heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Chuckle
« Reply #26096 on: February 01, 2023, 05:33:46 PM »

Kyrie would represent a pretty all-in roll of the dice, would he not?

Heh

I could no longer root for the Knicks if that clown played for them, no matter how good he may be.

In case you didnt know, I am not an all-in-roll-of-the-the-fin-dice kind of guy.

Maybe the doggie would like it, but I dont think so.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
Re: February 9th
« Reply #26097 on: February 01, 2023, 05:40:45 PM »

As good as Hachimura looked for the Lakers, I'm afraid Cam Reddish is going to look quite nice for whichever team fleeces us at the trade deadline for the meager return we are due to get back for him. 

That's why I can't even look at those trade scenarios anymore.

Because I prefer Reddish to most of those guys available. And Reddish ain't playing. So what's the point?

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26098 on: February 01, 2023, 05:45:42 PM »

I find this a reasonable concept, given everything else.

I'm no fan of the Randle/RJ combo.

If Randle is staying, getting a stronger and more versatile defender seems compelling. And it opens the door for Grimes to be more of an offensive force (which is what I expect to happen next year anyway).

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: February 9th
« Reply #26099 on: February 01, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »

That's why I can't even look at those trade scenarios anymore.

Because I prefer Reddish to most of those guys available. And Reddish ain't playing. So what's the point?

Hey, someone has to keep Fournier company on the pine. 
Pages: 1 ... 1738 1739 [1740] 1741 1742 ... 1851