Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917423 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #26100 on: February 01, 2023, 07:33:44 PM »

What would an OG for RJ trade look like? As a heads up exchange I think it would make us better now as I think OG could just do his thing in Thibs world with OG joining Grimes, Quick and our bigs covering up for Randle and Brunson on D.

It gives Toronto a home town talent on a long reasonable deal while they will still have pieces like Barnes and Koloklo to cover for RJ and VanFleet.

I find this a reasonable concept, given everything else.

I'm no fan of the Randle/RJ combo.

If Randle is staying, getting a stronger and more versatile defender seems compelling. And it opens the door for Grimes to be more of an offensive force (which is what I expect to happen next year anyway).

It would be trading a power SG playing SF for a legit power SF with less time locked in on a favorable contract.

Could RJ see that his future in New York is to become a high level SF stopper and make strides in the summer that make him the better long term bet?

I bet Toronto thinks it can use another open floor creator with the chaos it causes with its length and as an SG Barrett rebounds very well for his spot, another area the Raps can use help with.

They still have a ton of fowards they like. OG is the runt of their litter.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26101 on: February 01, 2023, 07:55:23 PM »

I finally found one that works, but it is a bit of a horror show.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25u49onn

OG, Thad Youg, Otto Porter, Flynn and Banton for RJ, D Rose and Obi

Leaves us with

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Randle Young Porter
OG Banton Svi Reddish
Grimes Quickley
Brunson McBride Flynn Archi

Svi, Reddish, Banton, and Archi are all on one year deals and all can play to some extent.

If Young also finds it easier than Obi to be regularly productive spelling Randle and OG brings out the best in those around him, we could get a big boost.

In RJ and Obi the raps get everything that has an untapped potential in our franchise and puts them in a system that emphasizes their strengths along with a reliable backup pg in Rose.

No picks involved, who says no?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26102 on: February 01, 2023, 07:59:19 PM »

What would an OG for RJ trade look like? As a heads up exchange I think it would make us better now as I think OG could just do his thing in Thibs world with OG joining Grimes, Quick and our bigs covering up for Randle and Brunson on D.

It gives Toronto a home town talent on a long reasonable deal while they will still have pieces like Barnes and Koloklo to cover for RJ and VanFleet.

I find this a reasonable concept, given everything else.

I'm no fan of the Randle/RJ combo.

If Randle is staying, getting a stronger and more versatile defender seems compelling. And it opens the door for Grimes to be more of an offensive force (which is what I expect to happen next year anyway).

It would be trading a power SG playing SF for a legit power SF with less time locked in on a favorable contract.

Could RJ see that his future in New York is to become a high level SF stopper and make strides in the summer that make him the better long term bet?

I bet Toronto thinks it can use another open floor creator with the chaos it causes with its length and as an SG Barrett rebounds very well for his spot, another area the Raps can use help with.

They still have a ton of fowards they like. OG is the runt of their litter.

RJ would be a SG on the Raptors, would he not? 

Achiuwa, Siakim, Barnes, Barrett, Van Vleet, assuming Van Vleet stays.

For me, the reality factor here is Trent is that Gary Trent as well as Van Vleet can exercise a player option this summer. 

The OTHER REALITY FACTOR, is I would expect Masai to make a play for IQ in any transaction, and to me, he has proven to be a keeper for the Knicks. 

Anyway, I don't see it getting done, and as with most trades, those NOT BEING BANDED ABOUT THE INTERNET, are more likely to go down. 

I think something like Detroit's Sadiq Bey, a Villinova team mate of Brunson might be more tenable. 

If we gave Detroit back the protected #1 of there's we own, that would make for a considerable incentive. 

Trouble is Reddish for Bey straight up doesn't fly. 

Now Reddish and Detroit's #1 for Bey and Isiah Stewart.

Ha Ha

Now Reddish and Detroit's #1 for Bey and Kevin Knox?  That works. 

Now Reddish and the return of Detroit's #1 for Bey and Isiah Stewart would only be tenable if we added more draft capital.  Detroit has a bit of a logjam at C/PF what with Jalen Duren and Marvin Bagley and [for the moment] Nerlens Noel. 

As for Reddish, Pistons have vets Bogdonavich and Burks at SF/SG, so Reddish would get squeezed again.  Likely let him walk this summer. 

So Reddish and Detroit's #1 for Bey and Kevin Knox?  Bet can shoot and defend and has a wing body.  So...

But what then of Fournier? 

Thibs would be looking down the bench and seeing the Law Firm of Bey, Fournier Knox. 

NONE OF IT APPEARS TENABLE. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26103 on: February 01, 2023, 08:05:07 PM »

I finally found one that works, but it is a bit of a horror show.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25u49onn

OG, Thad Youg, Otto Porter, Flynn and Banton for RJ, D Rose and Obi

Leaves us with

Mitch Hartenstein Sims
Randle Young Porter
OG Banton Svi Reddish
Grimes Quickley
Brunson McBride Flynn Archi

Svi, Reddish, Banton, and Archi are all on one year deals and all can play to some extent.

If Young also finds it easier than Obi to be regularly productive spelling Randle and OG brings out the best in those around him, we could get a big boost.

In RJ and Obi the raps get everything that has an untapped potential in our franchise and puts them in a system that emphasizes their strengths along with a reliable backup pg in Rose.

No picks involved, who says no?

I do

I see no urgency to simply reshuffle the deck and sunder what little chemistry we already have. 

Porter is a gimp

Young is a graybeard

Flynn is redundant

I like OG, but for RJ and [AND] Obi?

Nah. 

Also, again, I really like OG, but how much does he move the needle? 

Let alone SiMoan BowlingVar's THIBS Index Of Venal Sins. 

THEY'RE ALL GOING TO BE NAILED TO THE FUCKING PINE.   

I keep reading about Milwaukee giving us a #2 and the earthly remains of George Hill and Serge Ibaka for Cam. 

Where does Hill play with Brunson, McBride, Quickley, Arci.  Oh, AND ROSE? 

Does Ibaka get pissed sitting behind Robinson, Hartenstein, Sims, Randle and Toppin, or does Thibs further eviscerate Toppin and elevate Ibaka to the Taj Gibson role?   

Anyway, a creative concoction, Facil.  I salute you.

But...NO WAY. 

PS: We likely dump Reddish for a sack of nothing.  Pity.  Thought he showed promise before Thibs castrated him.  We're going to wake up a few weeks from now and see Reddish putting up Hachimura-like numbers for someone else. 

PPS: If the Wizards make the play in, we have THREE MID FIRST ROUNDERS This Summer.  Keels is playing better in G League.  Jokubaitis is on our radar.  This summer Rose enters his team option year, while Fournier has until the summer of 2024 for his option to come due, so both contracts are flippable.  It remains to be seen how Coach Thibs is graded out this Spring, and it is 50/50 if we move on.  No playoffs?  Thibs is toast.  Trade Obi, and crush IQ's heart...that's his best friend.  THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE SAID FOR CHEMISTRY, and the bonds we have crafted through some intense ups and downs.  I SAY WE STAND PAT, and revisit everything this summer when we have more perspective and more collective experience as a team on the floor and in the front office, and a better perspective of how to proceed.  THERE ARE NO SUPERSTARS coming our way.  We have to grow our own.  We do not need to take on strangers with half a season to go, just to have them sitting on the fucking bench. 

PPS: I love me Brunson and Randle.  STILL...Jalen took 29 shots.  Julius took 19.  That is not an offense, Thibs, that is OFFENSIVE.  Standing around and watching Brunson and Randle go one on one while the team as a whole bricks 7-34.  WTF? 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 09:12:13 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26104 on: February 01, 2023, 09:30:22 PM »

PS: We likely dump Reddish for a sack of nothing. 

This seems a good bet.

I am interested in where Rose goes (more than who we get for him).

And if we don't/can't trade Fournier, I wonder if Thibs will decide to give him more time.

I'd like to think so...but who the fuck knows.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26105 on: February 01, 2023, 09:42:16 PM »

PS: We likely dump Reddish for a sack of nothing. 

This seems a good bet.

I am interested in where Rose goes (more than who we get for him).

And if we don't/can't trade Fournier, I wonder if Thibs will decide to give him more time.

I'd like to think so...but who the fuck knows.

Thibs is set in his ways

For Better

And

For Worse

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #26106 on: February 01, 2023, 10:48:29 PM »

But if you take a few steps back.......

I'm reminded again that all three have significant talent. We should get something tasty in return, no?

(or have the Knicks utterly destroyed that argument by gluing them to the pine for the season?)

chipstern

• View Profile
Something Tasty?
« Reply #26107 on: February 01, 2023, 11:00:31 PM »

But if you take a few steps back.......

I'm reminded again that all three have significant talent. We should get something tasty in return, no?

(or have the Knicks utterly destroyed that argument by gluing them to the pine for the season?)

No one is doing us a charity hang. 

We made good deals with Detroit and OKC around draft day last year, helping us to clear cap space for Brunson and aquire draft capital, but it did not come cheap: a number of #1 and #2 draft picks; Alec Burks. 

Get something tasty back?

We are going to get back #2 picks, and geriatric bench fodder, good only for sitting on the pine, doing the 'ol Theo Pinson RahRahRah. 

Something tasty? 

Thibs only plays nine players. 

What then, IS THE POINT? 

AGAIN, this summer, with the draft and free agency, is when moves of some substance can be made.  We have ZERO LEVERAGE NOW. 

I'm sure we could've made the same deal the Wizards did with the Lakers.

And how exactly would three #2 picks and Kendrick Nunn do dick for us? 

Bench depth?  Something tasty.  Reddish, Rose and Fournier are pretty tasty.

RahRahRah SisBoomBahHumbug

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26108 on: February 02, 2023, 09:56:45 AM »

We have a Hachimura?  I wasn't aware.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #26109 on: February 02, 2023, 10:10:58 AM »

We have a Hachimura?  I wasn't aware.

We do not have Hachimura. He was traded to the Lakers in return for Kendrick Nunn who you called filler

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #26110 on: February 02, 2023, 11:51:14 AM »

Anyone know what Reddish did to get nailed to the bench?

What is with all the consecutive DNPs?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #26111 on: February 02, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »

Supposedly, back in December, Cam complained to an assistant coach about his useage...

Or the lack thereof.

Sometimes Thibs will simply exile a MF, as he did with Kemba.

Tom's way of wafting a fart in the general direction of the front office when he is not on board with a personnel decision.

Not one of his more alluring traits
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 02:11:14 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26112 on: February 02, 2023, 04:28:49 PM »

Apparently he bitched about his minutes to an assistant coach. It seems that communication swiftly broke down from there. It echos why he was available to us from Atl.

We are among the worst fourth quarter offenses in the league. That tells me we have not built up so much valuable chemistry that we should not risk disrupting it to improve the talent and or the composition of the roster.

Thibs only plays 9 guys. Most playoff rotations fall on eight.

We are not in the Orlando Houston Detroit phase of being a year away from a year away. Shedding some assets and moving some bodies for a player we can get good work out of right away better fits our circumstances.

It may be there is no reasonable deal to be had, in which case we carry on and gain hopefully valuable experience in the process.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #26113 on: February 02, 2023, 06:35:15 PM »

Apparently he bitched about his minutes to an assistant coach. It seems that communication swiftly broke down from there. It echos why he was available to us from Atl.

We are among the worst fourth quarter offenses in the league. That tells me we have not built up so much valuable chemistry that we should not risk disrupting it to improve the talent and or the composition of the roster.

Thibs only plays 9 guys. Most playoff rotations fall on eight.

We are not in the Orlando Houston Detroit phase of being a year away from a year away. Shedding some assets and moving some bodies for a player we can get good work out of right away better fits our circumstances.

It may be there is no reasonable deal to be had, in which case we carry on and gain hopefully valuable experience in the process.

Fac, so you do not see that if "we are among the worst fourth quarter offenses in the league" is because our starters are gassed?

Dont you think an extra body might help?

Dont you think that if some of the 4 bench players who actually play had a few more minutes and some of our starters a few less we may not be one of "the worst fourth quarter offenses in the league"?

Interesting.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Keystone Kops
« Reply #26114 on: February 02, 2023, 10:04:01 PM »

⚠️🎱⚠️
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 1848