Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900343 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2018, 12:36:40 AM »

D'Antoni also said he was not certain whether Anthony would be in Houston's starting lineup.

Mike D’Antoni on Carmelo Anthony:
“If I can put him in his right position & he flourishes & the team wins, we’re not going to have any problems.  Whether he starts or whether he doesn’t, doesn’t really matter. He needs to be happy & I need to find ways to make him happy.”

Of course, starting and getting his touches and iso's is what makes Melo happy . . .
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:45:54 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2018, 02:33:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/JabariDavisNBA/status/1029219917567016960

Forget sometimes how good this guy was. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2018, 06:23:36 AM »

He had a quality game & a decently long career. I was psyched we were pursuing for our bench.

If 23 wins is our goal and in our future, we should run a lot of Robinson, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, Ntilikina early in the season. If Robinson isn’t ready for a big lift, swap in Kornet so there is still a semblance of rim protection.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Carlos
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »

A Soviet T-34 Tank.

Dominant armored vehicle of WWII. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »

The League trying to help the Knix lose:

The Hornets, Knicks and Wizards have 15 back-to-back sets.
The Hawks, Rockets, Heat, Thunder, Suns, Blazers and Raptors have 12 B2Bs.
Every other team has 13 or 14.

ATL having three less B2Bs than us is huge for the TANK
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »

Fac - I really think the writing is on the wall that Frank is a 2-guard for most of this season

We will still see him handling some.  I sure wouldnt look for it early on.

He'd have to be on the court without Mudiay or Burke out there.  Dont we want Burke IN there when Mudiay is not?

(yes, I do agree Frank could bring it up some possessions in a Burke-Ntilikina or Emmanuel-Ntilikina set - just not primarily)

------

So, forum....

Lee's money off the books for 2019-20, Kanter's, an additional 12.5 from Noah.......

Optimism?

I wanted to deal KP but with that space plus Knox-Hardaway-KP core, plus the 2019 picks we could be OK in a couple years (45+ wins)

NBAdraft.net has us with (2019 draft)

2-guard and elite scorer (Indiana) Romeo Langford - passing on Jontay Porter and Hachimura

and

seasoned senior SF (Wichita St) Markis McDuffie - a New Yorker, I believe though after hitting on Robinson we might be intrigued by Brian Bowen

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »

No more Shockers.

Wichita State needs to prove it can develop NBA players.

Not too impressed with FVV RB and CE

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »

Kid, I think you are right that one of our troika of lotto points will probably see many more minutes at the wing than at the point. It won’t be Frank shifting to the wing. It will be Mudiay. Frank or Burke will start and the other will be the primary backup.

Stretching Noah and only paying Lance his guaranteed million instead of paying his full contract has us with cap holds and rookie scales with between 65-70 mil on the books. This will put us in the neighborhood of 40 million under the cap. There’s no law saying we have to commit that space to pedigree vets at top dollar right away. We could be patient, and roll the space forward to a year where our key players are further developed and defined.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »

Kid, I think you are right that one of our troika of lotto points will probably see many more minutes at the wing than at the point. It won’t be Frank shifting to the wing. It will be Mudiay. Frank or Burke will start and the other will be the primary backup.

Stretching Noah and only paying Lance his guaranteed million instead of paying his full contract has us with cap holds and rookie scales with between 65-70 mil on the books. This will put us in the neighborhood of 40 million under the cap. There’s no law saying we have to commit that space to pedigree vets at top dollar right away. We could be patient, and roll the space forward to a year where our key players are further developed and defined.

Lance is due 7 million and change in both 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. 

Unaware of any outs or team options.  Can you point to some evidence to the contrary? 

Meanwhile...

Don't see the Knicks positioning Knox at PF. 

A) Young

B) YOUNG

C) Body still developing

D) Physical demands of bodying up with beefier more physical players

E) KP's return

At some point in the future, I could see KP playing some 5 with Knox at the 4.  For right now, I think Fizz prioritizes Knox's short term development, and leaves the future to define itself. 

The back court? 

I could see Burke tallying more minutes at the off guard than Frank or Emmanuel, as he is better able to create his own shot.  Sure, his lack of size puts him at a disadvantage defensively, but his quickness and off the ball skills could put pressure on bigger defenders as well...make them work. 

Otherwise, speaking of logjams...

Despite Fizz loving size and length, to accommodate all of his ballhandlers and wings, still think we will see significant minutes for Hardaway and Dotson at the 3-spot, as match-ups allow, and as we attempt to foster more three-point attempts. 

Dotson is a good defender, Timmy not so much. 

We shall see. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »

True.  With 40 mil we can offer one year deal to Free Agent A and one year to Free Agent B at 20mil each to roll the money forward to next year.  Like the Lakers did with KCP.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »

Unaware of any outs or team options.  Can you point to some evidence to the contrary?   

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/lance-thomas-8713/

In the notes at the bottom it mentions the 2019 is guaranteed to $1 million till 1/10/2020. I think he’d have banked more than that if he’s still around till January as a portion of a $7 million deal.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Ball Vs. Ntilikina
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2018, 03:28:50 PM »

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/lance-thomas-8713/

In the notes at the bottom it mentions the 2019 is guaranteed to $1 million till 1/10/2020. I think he’d have banked more than that if he’s still around till January as a portion of a $7 million deal.

Interesting. 

Not sure what the implications of that are.

Can the Knicks cut him without a cap hit for his full salary? 

We shall see.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »

One nice thing about the way our roster is composed is that we seem to have somebody who matches every physical type prevalent in the NBA.

This means in camp, along with many reps at the SF, Knox will get matched up with Vonleh, Lance, and Hicks, all big boys in the 240 range. That will give the staff a clue about if, where, and when Knox can play power forward. Similarly, by matching up with Dotson, Lee, and Hardaway in camp Knox will answer how much he can do at shooting guard.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2018, 03:38:10 PM »

“Released (waived) players with guaranteed contracts continue to be included in team salary. Players whose contracts are not guaranteed are included in team salary in the amount they made while they were with the team. Players on non-guaranteed "summer contracts" are not included in team salary unless they make the regular season roster.”

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap05.htm#Q57

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1844