Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906366 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2018, 07:01:54 PM »

Brad's on the clock?

Doesn't strike me as a on the clock type guy.

But maybe that's why he puts you in long hours, he wants the time and half.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico is bored with all of you
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

CLOSED TIL MID OCTOBER.  PLEASE VISIT AT THAT TIME.

He's bored with the forum, and it ain't my fault cause he says he has me on ignore.

All of you need to find something more entertaining for him. You know what he likes...

...Jimmer Fredette, Chris Christie, (Em)manuel Mudiay, Jeff Sessions, Lonzo Ball, Ivanka T., Lavar Ball, ...

There are plenty of people he wants to talk about, maybe even his sidekick Mistral. I mean, if you show him the picture below he may engage. But do something people! We can't be without Chico "TIL MID OCTOBER"

Kid Carter the crooning cowboy and his Sidekick Mistral
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:44:21 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
WTF
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2018, 07:36:07 PM »

The post by Tarokpl looks funny. I wouldn't touch any of the many links in there just to play it safe. Reported it to Josh in case he thinks it should be deleted.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:48:40 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................

CLOSED TIL MID OCTOBER.  PLEASE VISIT AT THAT TIME.

Oh ok you're skipping training camp and preseason?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: WTF
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2018, 12:37:29 AM »

The post by Tarokpl looks funny. I wouldn't touch any of the many links in there just to play it safe. Reported it to Josh in case he thinks it should be deleted.

So you think I should cancel my order of ketoconazole cream and cephalexin?  I thought these would help my shot arc and foot arch . . .

Btw, my possible/likely Jones fracture feels exactly like someone whacked the outer side of my foot with a hammer.  Oddly I barely notice it when playing, but slightly limp around for a day afterwards with some pain.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »

We’ve made it to the big time boys!

Makes for choppier threads. I might employ the ignore function to make re-reading the conversation cleaner as this turbulence plays out. If you don’t click the links, it’s hopefully no more than a fart in the wind.

In my previous mullings on the roster I forgot to mention that Burke and Mudiay should get first crack at reserve guard minutes. I have two angles on this; they are the two of our lotto repo crew who we have bird rights to next year and Fizz wants guards who can do both jobs, to differing degrees this is true of Mudiay and Burke. It seems more true of them than it does of Dotson and Lee who I recon weaker point guards than Manny and Trey are shooting guards, even with Mudiay’s shooting percentages.

I think the Princeton Mafia out thunk themselves by not finding a way to get a team option for a year two with Mario (unless they tried and failed, which is actually perfectly ok and diffuses that particular issue). We should have tried the same with Vonleh who has a tiny contract, or even guaranteed him a second year to establish Bird Rights. Maybe even offered Mario 2 at his rate as well on the similar reasoning anticipating the market for two or three years and looking at our time frame. On the other hand, one can be resigned with some cap space and the other less impressive can be offered the bi-annual exception to return and with further progress get locked in down the road. I guess there is some hedge for success, but I would have preferred it to be a stronger hedge in that direction.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2018, 12:31:53 PM »

I think the Princeton Mafia out thunk themselves by not finding a way to get a team option for a year two with Mario (unless they tried and failed, which is actually perfectly ok and diffuses that particular issue). We should have tried the same with Vonleh who has a tiny contract, or even guaranteed him a second year to establish Bird Rights. Maybe even offered Mario 2 at his rate as well on the similar reasoning anticipating the market for two or three years and looking at our time frame. On the other hand, one can be resigned with some cap space and the other less impressive can be offered the bi-annual exception to return and with further progress get locked in down the road. I guess there is some hedge for success, but I would have preferred it to be a stronger hedge in that direction.

All these guys have agents.  They're not stupid.  They know this was a year teams didn't have money and next off-season will be different.  If we were a strong team like Boston or Golden State with many attractive suitors maybe we could flex our muscles and extract a second year option.  As it is we are one of the ugliest chicks in a sadie hawkins dance. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 25, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »

Very good points, one and all. I also like that none of the new signings will struggle to compete physically with top players at their positions physically. Robinson ‘s weight and strength vs. centers is the biggest question mark in that group in terms of physical profile, but he may be more of a PF in early years at least. 

Talent gathering - check.

Talent retention & development - optimistic, but remains to be seen.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »

Frank pulls out of WCC play. “Getting ready for upcoming NBA season” is the reason given.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Spam
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2018, 09:36:02 PM »

We’ve made it to the big time boys!

Makes for choppier threads. I might employ the ignore function to make re-reading the conversation cleaner as this turbulence plays out. If you don’t click the links, it’s hopefully no more than a fart in the wind.

Well, it seems you're gonna have to use the ignore function a lot. Josh got rid of the first spammer, but we got 3 more, or maybe the same one with different names. All reported, just not sure it's worth Josh's time and effort to kick them out. Oh well ... Hope they eventually give up and leave us alone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:44:06 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »

Frank pulls out of WCC play. “Getting ready for upcoming NBA season” is the reason given.

This is unwise.  Perfect setting for FN to up his game.  But I guess it may have been embarrassing to not get starter minutes.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico is back?
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »

This is unwise.  Perfect setting for FN to up his game.  But I guess it may have been embarrassing to not get starter minutes.

But is this the real Chico? In this version (triple i) he has only 6 posts. The other version (double i) has 377. Go figure

Now 7 posts even  before he posted again. This chiiico is magic!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:43:00 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

I’m reading the Frank pass on international play as him feeling great growth in the offseason program and wanting to keep continuity to maximize the benefit of development in the remaining time. Down the line this helps Frank, his Knicks team, and his national team.

He probably got a peep at Lonzo Ball’s latest flex shot and decided moving iron was better use of time than dominating a qualifying tournament.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2018, 08:32:30 PM »

I’m reading the Frank pass on international play as him feeling great growth in the offseason program and wanting to keep continuity to maximize the benefit of development in the remaining time. Down the line this helps Frank, his Knicks team, and his national team.

He probably got a peep at Lonzo Ball’s latest flex shot and decided moving iron was better use of time than dominating a qualifying tournament.

French Frank learned a lot in 2017-2018 and in summer league. 

Fizz made it clear how he wants Ntilikina to evolve his game, but that he does not want to eviscerate Frank's core instincts and personality. 

Frank is a man on a mission, only TWENTY years old, as of July 28. 

New York City regards its teams with very steep expectations, and having experienced the upside and downside of that, Frank unquestionably made the right decision.  Last year, he played for his French team in championship games, paid the price in lost time and injuries. 

New Coach, New Squad, New Teammates, New Expectations. 

The kid [one i] wants to hit the ground running come September 24, and to fulfill the expectations of Coach Fizdale and the fans of New York.  Going overseas at this point in time would be insane.  But of course, our forum contrarian has made his disdain for French Frank plain, so specious notions of dropping out because he might not get starter's minutes, abound.  As if starters' minutes will be any easier to come by with Burke, Baker and Mudiay vying for floortime. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:36:26 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »

Frank learned a lot in 2017-2018 and in summer league. 

Yeah, including how to read a depth chart

Fizz made it clear how he wants Ntilikina to evolve his game, but that he does not want to eviscerate Frank's core instincts and personality. 

There's a personality?  What is it?

Last year, he played for his French team in championship games, paid the price in lost time and injuries.

Nah.... he just didnt produce.  Was overbilled, (frank)ly.

The kid wants to hit the ground running come September 24, and to fulfill the expectations of Coach Fizdale and the fans of New York. 

Yes, of course

Going overseas at this point in time would be insane. 

The competition wouldnt benefit Frank?  Its actually better for his development than summer league

But of course, our forum contrarian has made his disdain for French Frank plain

Well, he has not ben good
  As if starters' minutes will be any easier to come by with Burke, Baker and Mudiay vying for floortime.

I know getting the minutes will be tough for him.  This is what I have contended.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1847